"It Comes From Beneath!" OOC

metaphysician

Okay, I'm getting things started. This will be an initial encounter, a chance for the PCs to meet for the first time, interact some. Also has the convenient side benefit of letting you guys do most of the work for a bit. ;)

Who arrives at the conference room when is a matter of "first come, first serve." However, by the magic of Legend, you all will arrive in reasonably short order of each other, regardless of how you got to NYC ( airline tickets were provided with the orders for those lacking cars ). Feel free to narrate how you got to the city some.

Well, I'm moving to another city tomorrow for my job, so I'll be with limited internet access for several weeks. I'll be living with my brother's family for two weeks until my new apartment's current tenants vacate it on July 1st. And then I'll have to wait for the ISP to hook me up.

I'll have more access during weekends, but during regular work days, it'll be close to none. That and this site is blocked on my work computers. :(

Cranky Dog

"I have a moving woe opinion, international!"

I think Dick will be happy at the attention Slaughter is giving him.

If he has any war stories, he'll have a good listener.

Cranky Dog

"I have a bragging right opinion, international!"

P.S. Yay, I'm at my brother's place and I have a few minutes to myself to post here.

What, was Nick the only one who kept his Chr equal to or greater than his Legend?

And it's noteworthy that he's got blacksmith muscles. You know, god of the forge and all that.

I couldn't afford -everything- I wanted. Charisma was one thing put on the back burner for now. :)

The hot chick and the warrior back-up he's cool with. ::biggrin

I'm trying to convey Slaughter's insecurity, and you're trusting him implicitly?

And he hasn't even talked about his exploits. Go Serge! You inspiring figure you.

Cranky Dog

"I have a character fault opinion, international!"

What, was Nick the only one who kept his Chr equal to or greater than his Legend?

And it's noteworthy that he's got blacksmith muscles. You know, god of the forge and all that.

I noticed that we had pretty similar physical stats. You were probably wearing long sleeves or something. ::tongue

As for the Charisma... I went for the mental attributes. A quick brain doesn't give many visual cues.

Cranky Dog

"I have a book smart opinion, international!"

I'm trying to convey Slaughter's insecurity, and you're trusting him implicitly?

And he hasn't even talked about his exploits. Go Serge! You inspiring figure you.

Richard is definitely not the brain of the party. He is (in his own mind, if nowhere else) tested in the field, and the most experienced at combating titanspawn. That said, he automatically views Serge as someone who can be used as backup, not automatically as an equal partner. We'll see how that goes in time.

I will be without net access for all of friday, the weekend, and most of monday. Three days after that I will have limited access.

We'll just assume you'll agree with everything we say.

"Say Nick, want to give me all your money for safekeeping. Thanks! you're a real pal." ::tongue

Cranky Dog

"I have a trusting opinion, international!"

Yanno, Dick did ask for a map and where to start looking. He's actually watched "Dirtiest Jobs" and knows what trekking through a sewer entails. It's not something he wants to do unless there's no other option, especially because he's picturing a Shit Elemental attacking them. ::biggrin

It recently hit me that we're playing the classic RPG plot of "Explore the sewers under the city with people you just met."

A classic! ::thumbup1

Cranky Dog

"I have a traditional scenario opinion, international!"

I'm away until Monday...have a great weekend!

Hee, I'm back now. Sorry about the extra waiting. I seriously underestimated how much all my games would go during those 4 or 5 days, and I had to get caught up on all of 'em.

Anyway, back in the groove and am working up a post!

• 3 weeks later...

Arg, sorry I haven't been around much. Hmm, okay, I wasn't totally expecting you to split up, so. . . I'm going to get up the first post of the next scene some time this weekend, and its going to relate to the homeless info search. There's a reason *cough*.

Any info you need from us about how we plan to conduct the search?

Actually, yes. If you could hash out your search plan OOC? It would speed the process later, as either you or I could just narrate a fair chunk.

My initial plan was for one of us...whoever has the best social stats and skills...ask around with the photograph. The other one of us would be 'in disguise' as just another vagrant, watching the asker's back...but also watching to see how people react when the asker's not looking.

Open to suggestions though!

Dick would plan for himself and Serge to head to the treatment plant in MiB-style dress, start asking questions, and pull a realistic badge if anyone had a problem with it. With the intent of finding out who would have been on duty at the time the body was dumped/flushed, and trying to figure out if that person is Innocent Bystander, or In On It.

Arg, just had one of those really stupid realizations:

How do you handle dice rolling on this forum?

That said, okay. First scene will be searching Hell's Kitchen. Whoever is doing the asking around needs to roll. . . lets go with [social Att]+Investigate. You can pick which social att, just factor it into your description. Anything supplemental you want to use, go ahead and choose.

Whoever is following along, rolls Dex+Stealth. Again, whatever you want to use to supplement or replace, feel free to describe.

Once we've worked out these rolls, I'll narrate the first scene ( as they will effect things ).

Archived