Metaplot Mischief

KingOfDreams

There's a few instances where non-nova-baselines can get "nova-ish" powers. Aberration Transfer for example. If I permanently transfer my glowing eyes onto a baseline, what is going on there?

If I dorm, then does he lose his aberration? If he dies, then do I get it back? What is he using as a power source?

The relationship is more clear with "Clone" (Clones share the original's node), but also comes up with Quantum Construct where you make things that have powers.

I think a lot of this gets cleared up if we state that constructs (including sub-abbies) can NOT improve or change their powers with experience. They were inflicted on them by someone else, the powers aren't "theirs".

In Aberrant everything has a 'Quantum signature', so Aberration Transfer removes a bit of Quantum signature from an aberrant and imprints it onto a baseline. Whether permanent or not, while the baseline has the aberration they possess the original Taint that caused the aberration; this Taint 'powers' the aberration.

In cases of Quantum Supremecy the baseline gets an infusion of Quantum energies that alter the quantum signature to be like a Nova; they can channel this energy but not very well. This means that Quantum rating is something distinct from Node although obviously they go hand and hand.

Taint infusion works in a similar fashion; the Taint alters the quantum signature of a sub-aberrant to be more like an Aberrant; the neutral mutates dramatically to channel this energy. This means that Taint is not only distinct from Quantum but capable of powering similar effects.

Also, Q Synchronization gives a baseline a small Q pool and presumably a normal recharge rate, Q Enhancement is vague but seems to imply that baselines either get a normal Q pool or they have to do without. I think the fanon stuff has Q Enhancement and similar giving neutrals a small Q pool and Q expenditure, but allowing Latents to have normal ratings.

In Trinity everything has a 'Noetic template'; Quantum energies 'override' the noetic template and Taint energies disrupt and destroy it. Dormancy allows the native noetic template to temporarily override the changes to the quantum signature by restoring Psi and suppressing Quantum. Taint disease is the erosion and destruction of the noetic template; Abberations are the erosion and destruction of the native noetic template by Taint. Sub-aberrants have their native noetic templates destroyed but the Taint is guided to permanently alter (enhance?) the quantum signature; the Taint that is able to be used as 'power' is specifically created by the creator Aberrant.

Edit: I think that 3rd Gen Novas (Trinity high-taint Aberrants) or True Aberrants could have the ability to use Taint as Quantum like sub-aberrants; this creates a Taint point dynamo with Power-Maxing. This would explain the behavior and nature of aberrants in Trinity like the Colony's children; constantly maxing powers and creating devastation.

Archived