Trinity RPG - Final version of the UK sourcebook

BertJammin

Okay I've got the file (very nice piece of work, by the way! ::tongue ).

Thanks - there were a few sleepless nights, many rewrites and a number of favours called in from firends to get it where it is now, and I still keep finding things I want to change or add. Might have to get to start work on a companion volume...

I'm not sure why the attachment system isn't working but I'm working to try and fix it or come up with an alternative.

I really appreciate your help - thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
I need something to tide me over until TNF comes out!
(Pokes head up out of Development Hell)

We're working on it, believe me! ::brick ::laugh

Re: Trinity UK book-

It's great to see other EON fanbooks coming out around here! Congrats, BertJammin!

Goodness, if you need help I'll host the file until you get this sorted out. I need something to tide me over until TNF comes out! (Plus we have two British characters in our game!)

Let me know an email address and I'll mail you the file and maybe we can make it available that way. Thanks in advance for your help.

Goodness, if you need help I'll host the file until you get this sorted out. I need something to tide me over until TNF comes out! (Plus we have two British characters in our game!)

Let me know an email address and I'll mail you the file and maybe we can make it available that way. Thanks in advance for your help.

All comments & suggestions gratefully received. (Plus it means I'm currently looking for another project to grab my attention)
Well then, I've got two ideas for Trinity books that you might find interesting.

1- Since the Venezuela Phenomenon took place, there are now novas erupting on 22nd Century Earth who don't automatically become Taint-buttered monsters like the Colony. A book detailing the challenges such novas face in surviving in (& possibly escaping from) a hostile Solar System would fill a slot that I don't expect to see filled otherwise. The viewpoint of characters who - through no fault of their own, mind you - would find themselves enemies of the Psi Orders, the Colony's forces *and* most Earth governments would make a great way to turn familiar data on such factions on its head.

On a related note, the OpMail from the "Solar Justice League" on p. 45 of Trinity: Darkness Revealed 1 - Descent Into Darkness would make a great tie-in to that. Ever since I first read it, the question of whether it's legit or sucker-bait has been bugging me.

2- A book on the Nova/Aberrant Diaspora following the Exodus, with a few sample worlds founded by those two opposing groups. Ian Watson's Trinity Storyteller's Guide wiki had some vague info on this, but it's just begging to be developed.

On a related note, the OpMail from the "Solar Justice League" on p. 45 of Trinity: Darkness Revealed 1 - Descent Into Darkness would make a great tie-in to that. Ever since I first read it, the question of whether it's legit or sucker-bait has been bugging me.

If memory serves (and it's very hazy, since I last read that book a long time ago), it was a fake OpMail message left by a baseline who was trying to cover up for an Aberrant's activities. I think the Aberrant was called Fiore? The baseline Aberrant keeper (part of the Huang-Marr conspiracy) changed the dates on the OpMail messages so they looked like they had been sent out earlier than they were. He wanted to shift the blame for murders away from the project.

Or something. The Trinity campaign modules are so heavy on small details its impossible to recall everything.

But there are other non-Colony affiliated nova/Aberrant groups too. The Eden novas of course. The Aberrants on Chrome-Prime that think they're angels. The Space Brigade had to go somewhere (and they didn't become the Eden novas). I think the Aberrants that are attacking Qin space aren't with the Colony? Shining Mountain is still out there somewhere too, probably creating new lifeforms like s/he did on Erebus for the Nippon government.

I think a good sourcebook would just be one that details the Colony's forces. The books kept mentioning that the Colony had several worlds used as bases, creating a perimeter around Earth. Yet none were ever revealed! What a shame. How is Earth going to counter-attack the Colony's forces if they don't even know where any of their troops are located? You can't win a war just through defense.

If memory serves (and it's very hazy, since I last read that book a long time ago), it was a fake OpMail message left by a baseline who was trying to cover up for an Aberrant's activities. I think the Aberrant was called Fiore? The baseline Aberrant keeper (part of the Huang-Marr conspiracy) changed the dates on the OpMail messages so they looked like they had been sent out earlier than they were. He wanted to shift the blame for murders away from the project. Or something. The Trinity campaign modules are so heavy on small details its impossible to recall everything.
That was just the second OpMail in the "Net-Mail Digest" selection of four OpMails, none of which had a common author AFAICT. The first was the Trinity Era's version of the Craig Shergold urban legend / hoax / viral meme. The third was an OpNet admin's debunking of the first and second OpMails. The fourth OpMail was the one from the "Solar Justice League", and there's no evidence given either way as to whether it's legit or not. Which is what makes it so fascinating / frustrating. ::brick ::laugh
But there are other non-Colony affiliated nova/Aberrant groups too. The Eden novas of course. The Aberrants on Chrome-Prime that think they're angels. The Space Brigade had to go somewhere (and they didn't become the Eden novas). I think the Aberrants that are attacking Qin space aren't with the Colony? Shining Mountain is still out there somewhere too, probably creating new lifeforms like s/he did on Erebus for the Nippon government.
Which is why some general outlines of a few of the many nova & aberrant-colonized planets are needed - just enough to give an idea of what those colony worlds are like, but leaving plenty of room for "homebrew" colony planets to be developed. There's *lots* of room out there for them.
The books kept mentioning that the Colony had several worlds used as bases, creating a perimeter around Earth. Yet none were ever revealed! What a shame. How is Earth going to counter-attack the Colony's forces if they don't even know where any of their troops are located? You can't win a war just through defense.
AFAIK those details were deliberately left vague in order to give the ST's as free a hand in possible AFA coming up with viable foes for the PCs and their organizations.

• 3 weeks later...

About the UK-Book ... I read and I like it.

Many coole ideas and nicely written :)

What I don't get is why the Chinese Secret Service should sabotage the Beanstalk-project. What can they win by sabotaging it and what could they loose by letting it happen?

About the UK-Book ... I read and I like it.

Many coole ideas and nicely written :)

What I don't get is why the Chinese Secret Service should sabotage the Beanstalk-project. What can they win by sabotaging it and what could they loose by letting it happen?

Shattered Europe indicates that they aren't happy with the thing being built - perhaps it's the idea of the British challenging their dominance of spce or may be the Brit's are planning something more sinister and the Chinese are monitoring the situation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How the hell did I miss this, downloading now. ::confused

Hehe - hope you like it.

I've not posted recently as I've been stuck in to "Dark Heresy" (the first of the Warhammer 40,000 RPGs). I even managed to place as a finalist in the publisher's (Fantasy Flight Games) 2009 scenario writing competition.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Egg-shell-ent! Almost 100 downloads!

(BTW I'm the original BertJammin, just forgot my password and I no longer have access to the email account I set the original account up against - D'oh!).

Currently contemplating doing a follow up supplement - any suggestions? More on the UK or something else?

**EDIT** - 100 downloads! Huzzah!

Archived