Aberrant RPG - Your Nova Meets Divis Mal

metaphysician

With the way I make characters I think the reactions would be part awe, part this is so awesome, and part I wanna know about you as much as I can, and talk to you about as many things as I can. And I would want to be his friend.

All in all, I think it would be a really great day for my characters if they got to meet him and such.

But is that your character's talking, or is that the Mega Charisma 8 talking? ;)

Well, I'd like to think that either through Divis Mal not fully using his awesome abilities or downplaying it a little, or my character just being able to resist, that it would be him rather than the social and natural mind control of a hugely powerful Nova. hehe

I'd assume that the M-Chr 8 would be balanced by the +8 diff to use social abilities.

So it'd certainly be an interesting experience... however it also puts on the plate a lot of things that normally we don't want (and admittedly a bunch of others that you'd do).

I suspect it'd either be a "love it" or "hate it" experience.

Well, so far, Hermes is kind of conflicted.

On one hand, Divis Mal's ideals are about as far from Minos' as you can get without involving chants of "Blood for the Blood God." On the other hand, his demeanor seems to be the distant teacher who loves his followers enough to allow them their own mistakes.

On the one hand, his followers do some pretty horrible things, including casual murder of baselines. On the other hand, Donighal used to be a hero who protected the world, and apparently still *does* protect the world on occasion, even if in the name of novas, rather than baseline humanity.

On the one hand, he's firmly insisted Hermes stop trying to save his soul. On the other hand, he's not particularly trying to save *Hermes'* soul, either.

It probably helps that Hermes has a lot of experience dealing with people whose ideals are not his, up to and including those who seek to cast down his homeland in its entirety.

When I was playing a Terat, I did come face to face with Divis. I accidentally picked up some memento of his from his Aeon days, without knowing what it was. ::blink I got verbally spanked hard enough to take bashing damage.

If Michal from Trans-D had ever met Divis, he'd have a few questions pointing out contradictions in the Null Manifesto, and he's just full of himself enough he'd probably ask them - like how do we set up a nova society with nova laws when we all live on a baseline planet and communicate in baseline languages. ::cool

Archived