Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - A massive apology to the Trans-D players

I am truly sorry, guys; I didn't mean to basically disappear and leave you all hanging. It seems like every time I make it up to my hands and knees, the military drops another bowling ball on my head. So, here's the deal.

Just before the 4th of July weekend, I had a procedure done in the Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu. They closed off some blood vessels going into a small damaged spot in my left lung. The doctors said basically that I have one tiny spot that looks like cystic fibrosis - which I don't have. So they're stumped as to the cause. They also told me that this is a "temporary" fix, that will last anywhere from three months to ten years, with no way to know when I'll start coughing up blood again. (At the moment, this is actually a very tiny worry for me.)

At the moment, I am in San Diego. I have nowhere to get internet on my laptop without taking the public bus over a mile away, and the places I do know of are rather crowded. Right now, I am using the free internet on public computers on the base, which I am limited to a certain amount of time per day (depending on crowding).

My family is still in military housing at my last duty station, in Japan. My ship screwed up the paperwork when I got left here for the medical reasons, so at the moment, the Navy is refusing to move my family back to the US, and also refusing to pay me the allotments for living in a foreign country and being away from my family. So I'm out $1200+ a month, while having to pay for transportation. Because I don't have my car, thanks to CA DMV not sending my registration to me yet.

Once I get my family and/or pay issues straightened out, I will go back through the current episode of Trans-D, and pick back up where I left off. Again, sorry to leave you all hanging like this.

Wow BN, more prof that I did the right thing by ignoring my father's admonitions to join the military. I have known more than a few friends who were current or ex military and have heard over and over tales of how they screw people over. Point of fact is to them, you are just one more statistic. Im truly sorry dude. I hope your family is doing well and that you will soon be able to rejoin them. I also hope your health gets better. Compared to those things, the game isn't important.

Archived