Sign in to follow this  
BertJammin

Adventure! RPG - The Shadow

Awesome! Any fan of Adventure! should try to catch a few classic radio programs to get a feel for the genre. I also highly recommend 'I Love A Mystery', my favorite next to 'Lights Out'.

It's referring to the Shadow radio dramas (what we would call serials). If the only time you have encountered The Shadow is that dreadful movie with Alec Baldwin, you need to check it out.

Could I also suggest Botar's?

FR

If the only time you have encountered The Shadow is that dreadful movie with Alec Baldwin, you need to check it out.

Actually, I liked the movie ::smile

Don't forget Indiana Jones, Alan Quratermain and the Lost City of Gold, the Disney Atlantis movie, Hellboy, The Prestige, Steamboy, Castle in the Sky, King Kong, 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, Csll of Cthulhu, The Green Hornet, The Lost World TV series, The Rocketeer, The Mummy (I know...), The Ghost and the Darkness, Jackie Chan's the Big Brawl and Miracels (aka The Canton Godfather), the old Chris Lee Fu Manchu movies.

Theres also lots of pulp movies that aren't directly in the specified time period but defintiely evoke the flavor: Young Sherlock Holmes, Congo, Jurrasic Park, Romancing the Stone, The Iron Giant, Remo Williams, Dick Tracy, Buckaroo Bonzai, Flash Gordon, Lupin III, National Treasure, Disney's Tail Spin cartoon from back in the days (heck even Duck Tales has it's moments), War of the Worlds, The Time Machine, The Goonies, Lawrence of Arabia, Forbidden Planet, Lost in Space, Deep Rising, Bulletproof Monk, The Golden Child, Big Trouble in Little China,Kung Fu Hustle, Creepshow.

I'm sure there are many more but this is off the top of my head. The imortant thing I feel alot of people forget is that Pulp serials didn't just encompass the genre of two fisted contemporary (for the time) heroes. There was alot of Sci-Fi, Horror (Lovecraft was a great contributor), and skullduggery going on. So for that reason I consider stuff like FLash Gordon to be fully in the Pulp Genre even though it's more futuristic. Potts, before he left had a great homage to this kind of thing with Warlords of Tellus.

Happy Viewing!

Potts, before he left had a great homage to this kind of thing with Warlords of Tellus.

I miss my slinky catgirl ::sad

Also put me down for liking the Shadow movie.