Arashi

Hi there, while I read much about Jets and stuff, I nowhere found something about Helicopters in Trinity.

Did I just not see it, or is there nothing about them?

I think with Fusion reactors giving nearly limitless power, every fighter Jet is built to be able to start vertically. But what about civil needs? I don't think the Traffic Monitoring, Emergency Medics, Mountain Rescue etc would use Jet Fighters ::happy

Surely someone can even think about military uses, a VTOL Jet can't provide?

1) There is the mini-copter in the Aesculapian book. It's about the size of a backpack when all folded up, and great for those overland trips.

2) Most of the flying vehicles in Trinity have some sort hover or VTOL capability. As the niches normally filled by copters have been filled by other vehicles. They had too little armor and speed compared to jets, so they weren't as useful in combat situations, especially when you realize that combat was usually with abbies. As a fast-response vehicle, flying cars took over that niche. When the VARG came into vogue, you had a better version of the copter, in that it was heavily armored and hover-capable, as well as comparable speeds to the vehicles it replaced.

3) Of course, you can always throw choppers in if you want...

FR

Well I think you are right mostly. And I really like those tilt-rotor-thingies, they look very cool ::happy

Another thought is that Hovercrafts too will be obsolete in nearly any situation.

I and my group live in Europe, we want to play a europe-centred campaign, so I have to deal with some

outdated tech ::ultracool

Maybe I really throw in a decades-old chopper ^^

If you check the Core book I think you will find in the description of the Hybrid craft that they start off from ground on some kind of tilt-rotor engine, then switch to a electric(fusion) powered jet (?) and finally once clear of inhabitated zones by distance/altitude can open up the fusion products jet that is also used in space. But that is just my memory of things.

I think they may also have mentioned a helicopter or Tilt-rotor craft used to ferry VARG units to conflict zones in the Technical Manual, so they are definitely still about.

Archived