Aberrant: Stepping from Eden - Stepping from Eden

Rorx

Alex Green

Phase - Gottcha, that makes a lot of sense actually, and it is very useful.

Plasma - Yeah, that makes sense.

Creation of spheres - that doesn't work for what I want. That takes already existing material and crafts, molds it into a sphere. I meant something like standing in an open field or in the middle of the ocean and creating earth in the palm of my hand or whatever. You know, so I could create landmasses if necessary.

I'm not saying it should be easy, I'm just wandering how I would be able to create some non-combat earth.

Heritage

Character creation

Phase One: Human

*Step One: Concept, Nature, Allegiacne

*Step Two: Attributes, 7/5/3; all starts at one

*Step Three: Abilities, 23 dots

*Step Four: Backgrounds, 7 dots

*Step Five: Willpower (3), Quantum (1), Initiative (Dex + Wits)

Phase Two: Nova

*Step One: Origin

*Step Two: Nova points, 30 points

*Step Three: finishing touches record

Bonus Pooints

Attribute 5

Ability 2

Background 1

Willpower 2

Quantum 7

Initiative 1

+Nova Points+

Mega-Attribute/Enhancement - 3

Quantum 5

Level 1/2/3 powers - 1,3,5

Quantum Pool 1/2

3 Attribute 1

6 Ability 1

5 Background 1

Willpower 1

Each dot of a Mega-attribute cost 3 Nova Points.

Shapeshift is a Level 3 power that requires Quantum 4. To purchase Shapeshift + Mastery you will need 7 Nova Points per level.

You will need Quantum 6 to have Mastery.

The Dice Pool for Shapeshift is Stamina + Shapeshift

At Quantum 6 the minimum Taint you can have is 2 (one for Quantum 5 and another for Quantum 6). It would be 3 if you have Node at 3 or higher.

+++

If there is something specific that you need looked up, ask, and I will look up. :) I have the books, I might as well use them.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heritage sounds good to me, if you need a list of the skills BN has a spreadsheet in one of the TransD Topics that has them all in. Some people have used that to do their charactes and dmailed them to me, others have just PM' d me.

Speaking of which I only remember seeing Ares and Ricochet, so could the rest of get them sent in please. I'm still trying to get the psions finished as well.

Heru, does your change in merits/flaws change your background at all?

Sending it to you the moment I think I and completely finished, which should be very very soon. :) When I do email you, where should I send it, I'm using the excel sheet with some modifications.

As to my background no, I am still honorable, I just get no benefit for it. I already made account of the power change. Its pretty much good for the rest.

Alex Green

Creation of spheres - that doesn't work for what I want. That takes already existing material and crafts, molds it into a sphere. I meant something like standing in an open field or in the middle of the ocean and creating earth in the palm of my hand or whatever. You know, so I could create landmasses if necessary.

I'm not saying it should be easy, I'm just wandering how I would be able to create some non-combat earth.

Shaping allows you to create a "box" (or whatever) of Earth. Used with Elemental Anima you need to have Earth available, used with Elemental Mastery, you don't.

It's the *only* technique that lets you create a volume of material.

Shaping allows you to create a "box" (or whatever) of Earth. Used with Elemental Anima you need to have Earth available, used with Elemental Mastery, you don't.

It's the *only* technique that lets you create a volume of material.

I did not look at it in the light that by having mastery the technique is slightly changed, so thanks for that. That actually makes that technique (which was technically the first one my character got) even more useful for me. But okay, I can use Shaping to create (three cubic meters of earth x 4), but since I have mastery and mastery changes things, its actually, what. Would you consider the creation of stuff to be scope or effect. Because its scope than I can create (three cubic kilometers of earth x 5), if its both scope and effect than its actually (six cubic kilometers of earth x 8). It does say area is special and the creation of stuff is its effect, so yeah.

Anyway, thanks for the update, I forgot to read it differently due to the elemental mastery.

In this case it'd be 2x[3cubic meters xDots]. 24c.m. for you I gather... but presumably that's per action, and this is a maint effect technique.

So you can create 28.8 thousand cubic meters of Earth per hour.

Shaping is a "hit below the belt" techniques for a number of EMs.

Presumably no sane ST would let you create 3 cubic meters of Anti-Mater... but you never know till you try.

Alex Green,

Thanks. As this is the first time I have had to use Mastery trying to figure out what is covered under scope and effect is getting.

24 cubic meters is not a bad amount of material in one moment of time. Especially for the low amount of quantum points I am paying for it.

Its also interesting as I come up with the ideas of what is covered under Earth, I mean rock, stone and soil is the dominant things but what else could I include - iron and stuff or is that considered EM: Metal. hehe

Heru, thanks a bunch, very helpful! ::thumbup1

Rorx, I will definilty have a look for that; I have the original sheet I created for the character, so I have a fairly good idea of what I want, but I'm chaning a few things, so it will be a big help.

I'm trying to remember the benefits of Mastery, which I think comes in levels if I recall correctly. The main thing I'm looking for is Shapeshift duration longer than the amazingly vague '1 scene', which I think I can get with M1, but I'm not sure.

(The below is property of White Wolf)

Mastery Extra

Each level of Master always raises the power's effective level by 1, even if the nova's Quantum, score allows regular Extras without level change.

*Quantum Cost: Halve the cost of Level 3 powers and techniques, rounding down.

*Scope: The power's range and area change from meters to kilometers.

*Effect: The power's effect doubles.

*Duration: Concentration powers become Maintenance powers with time measured in turns. Maintenance powers duration changes from turns to hours or scenes.

There is also the Increased Duration Extra

(The below is property of White Wolf)

Mastery Extra

Each level of Master always raises the power's effective level by 1, even if the nova's Quantum, score allows regular Extras without level change.

*Quantum Cost: Halve the cost of Level 3 powers and techniques, rounding down.

*Scope: The power's range and area change from meters to kilometers.

*Effect: The power's effect doubles.

*Duration: Concentration powers become Maintenance powers with time measured in turns. Maintenance powers duration changes from turns to hours or scenes.

There is also the Increased Duration Extra

That's right, I remember this now - Mastery does absolutely nothing for the duration of powers with Scene duration. This is one of the few things that annoys me about this game, since a scene is such an amorphous way of measuring time. So would there be much advantage to added Mastery to Shapeshift?

That's right, I remember this now - Mastery does absolutely nothing for the duration of powers with Scene duration. This is one of the few things that annoys me about this game, since a scene is such an amorphous way of measuring time. So would there be much advantage to added Mastery to Shapeshift?

Well under Mastery 2 it states that the Maintenance powers that were previously boosted to hours/scenes are instead boosted to days, so you could extrapolate on that and assume that with Mastery 1, powers with scene duration would be boosted to days duration. I think that they gave enough of the scale that we would follow the progression onward, not that scene duration powers were nixed.

Well under Mastery 2 it states that the Maintenance powers that were previously boosted to hours/scenes are instead boosted to days, so you could extrapolate on that and assume that with Mastery 1, powers with scene duration would be boosted to days duration. I think that they gave enough of the scale that we would follow the progression onward, not that scene duration powers were nixed.

Hmm, okay. Well Rorx, what say you on this issue?

Shapeshift isn't a "per scene" power, it's a "maint" power.

The only "scene" power is Clone (I think), and presumably it's duration would increase, perhaps to one day.

Ah, okay, so this is what comes from operating based on my faulty memories ::biggrin Since Shapeshift was pretty much the primary (if not only) power I was thinking of taking, can I do Mastery 2 with it, and if so, how much would it cost? Just curious.

Ah, okay, so this is what comes from operating based on my faulty memories ::biggrin Since Shapeshift was pretty much the primary (if not only) power I was thinking of taking, can I do Mastery 2 with it, and if so, how much would it cost? Just curious.
Mastery 2 would probably take you to weeks (book not in front of me...) but that assumes he'll let you have Q8. ::huh

To be fair, your memory was still correct. Maintenance powers out of combat last a scene. Oh and this game is limited to Q6. But even if it wasn't it would cost you a crapload. 9 NP per dot and a minimum starting taint of 4, meaning you wouldn't have as much room to buy quantum. Even with 21 BPs for Quantum, you would still be paying 20 points for Q, 27 points fopr SS 3 and end up with an aberration that may or may not be hideable with shapeshift. It's moot but I thought you might be interested in the numbers anyways. ::happy

Mastery 2 would probably take you to weeks (book not in front of me...) but that assumes he'll let you have Q8. ::huh

Yikes, no we don't need that! And since our estimable ST said okay for days above, I am satisfied. So do I just choose one benefit for mastery and that's the one I go with? Mastery has always confused me a bit, but then again most rule systems do ::rolleyes

I'm happy with Alex's description of Shapeshift + Mastery.

House Rule no. Whatever: Mastery doubles sux for Warp, and Teleport.

Transmit doubles the level for the distance.

T'mat + Mastery T'mat Distance

1 2 20 miles

2 4 2000 miles

3 6 200,000 miles

4 8 2x10^7 miles

5 10 2x10^9 miles

Cheers Heru, a few points to clarify:-

1. It's not clear how many dots of Node you have.

2. You haven't listed any of the Techniques you have 'mastered' for your Elemental Mastery.

3. What are his other langauges?

4. Just curious, as I don't remember it from his background, although a long time since I read it, where did he get his training in Intelligence Analysis and Tactics?

5. For someone with a DEX of 4, and M-DEX 1, I'm a bit surprised he has a total of 2 dots for all of the DEX related skills (that is if you add up all the dots for all the DEX skills it equals 2), no Athletics, no Drive, no Stealth?

6. I'll need a reference for the non-standard Enhancements you've taken, not that I think they will be a problem, just I'd like to know where to find them.

Otherwise it looks fine. ::biggrin

Okay, I just noticed the one thing Heru left out of his otherwise wonderfully thorough condensation of Aberrants chargen rules: how many Bonus points do we start with to spend before Phase Two with the Nova stuff? I seem to remember 15, but I'm not sure.

Rorx,

1. I have Node 2. I wanted Node 3, but that would cause me to have Taint 4, and that is bad. :)

2. Sorry about not listing the techniques. I am still kinda working on that. That will be posted quite soon. I have to choose 6 free techniques (4 for rating and then two because of the extras). I have already chosen Shape, Blast, Attraction, Movement, and Shield. The six will either be something else or be the modified Teleport technique that I was asking for.

3. English would be the x dot language, the first dot would be maybe something classical like Latin. And the second dot would be something that maybe only the novas of Eden speak, a way for us to communicate, I was going to bring it up in thread but I forgot.

4. These might have been dots from the previous version. But if not, my thinking is that as a leader of men he likes to figure out what they are doing - hence Analysis. Though I will probably end up removing that as well, as it does not really fit the sort of character that was the end result of the change. The Tactics, okay, that is a left over of the pre-Pacifist days and will be removed, probably replaced with a dex skill.

By the way, I figure that my high levels of Dexterity is related to the fact that my character uses it a lot during the process of him using his powers. A number of techniques have Dexterity as the main stat.

5. Well, no drive because I probably just use my Movement technique to move around. No Stealth because I am going with the idea that my character never hides the fact that he is a nova. But yeah, I will think it over. I will probably add Athletics. A dot of Archery might work as well. Ride might work. But Firearms, Gunnery, Heavy weapons, melee, and stealth don't fit.

6. Hands of the Maker, Wrecker, and Calm are Enhancements I got from the Aberrant Compendium. The numbers in parenthesis after the enhancement name is the page number they are in in that book. :)

I'm glad that it works. :)

++

Remove:

*Analysis 1

*Tactics 2

Add

*Athletics 1

*Archery 1

*Ride 1

Techniques

*Shaping

*Blast

*Attraction

*Movement

*Shield

*(x)

++

Heritage, yeah, the bonus point number is 15. Sorry that I forgot to add that. :)

Diverting a bit off topic here, but...

IIRC no one (but the proxies of course) really know that the biotech is based from "alien" DNA, just that it's different. Wouldn't the introduction of the human genome data make it possible that people on Earth could figure this out? Or would they still need the equipment & time to scan the whole DNA of some peice of biotech first before they could compare them? And if they could find out, wouldn't this be an issue for the novas in regards to offering that data? I'm just speculating here. Perhaps it will all come up in game for some juicy diplomatic problems. ::biggrin

Actually Alistarie the Nihon know that noetic biotech and psion DNA has aspects of alien DNA in it, that is why one reason why they have banned noetic biotech from Nihon entirely and are relcutant to let Psions into the islands. Due to Nhon's retreat from the rest of the world relatively early in the conflict (with trustworthy non-Tainted Novas) they didn't lose the data that the rest of the world did. In fact from canon or semi-canon there are 3 places/areas that have the genome data Eden, Nihon, and the 'illega' biolabs in the Shan region.

Take your time, I am just saying that I do not think that there is total independence and separation as your post made it seem. This is just my interpretation of course.

I do want to say that it seems that, and I could be mistaken, the others disagreed slightly with Sky on his point about the independence of baselines. Novas rule over Eden.

Novas make all the laws, legislative, criminal, judicial and economic. They also wrote the constitution. They also do all that they can do make baseline society a little better.

Making the laws and acting as secret mind police are two different things in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if there were nova police investigators, but they are probably only called in for major crimes like rape and murder, not petty shoplifting and whatnot.

Novas also don't regularly use mind control powers to change the minds, nor do they prohibit free speech, that is where their freedoms come in. Not in the sense of the baselines having the say in the first place of what the laws are.

Remember, Mega-Int 5 or higher novas probably wrote the constitution, a document so much more complete than anything baselines probably could come up with.

Novas do interfere, they interfere politically and economically - not so much socially in the sense of acting as thought police.

But I just want to mention that this is how I see it, and I could be interpretating it the way I want. But I gotta say that Novas running and controlling the society is one of the things that called me to both Eden and the concept of this game.

But as with everything, its your game and your decrees are final. :)

Heru, this is not meant to be a personal attack or anything, just to clear up my views on Eden and so the immediate background of the characters as a whole...

Just got a chance to try to sit down and try to reply properly to this.

1. I agree there is not total seperation - "The novas serve as rulers, judges and protectors of the humans on Eden....In return for these efforts, the novas expect to be treated with respect and deference." This does not indicate the blind and total obedience to Nova whims that seems to be implied in a number of your posts.

2. There is no evidence to suggest that Novas make all the laws as you stated. It does state that the Novas have their own set of laws that apparently puts some limits on their interactions with humans, for example not taking their private property. It does say that they "set wages, prices and production levels for all essential goods and services", but the key word there is essential. Yes, that will effectively impose some limits on how far the economy as a whole will move, but it is not controlling the economy totally.

3. "The novas wrote the constitution and set the general social policies, but, as with all other elements of Eden society, humans provided considerable help in the planning and implementation." Yes the constitution was probably written by a M-INT 5 Nova in consultation with all those who were going to live under it back when the colony was founded, as probably were the social policies.

4. You also missed out the last bit of the Government section on p.103 "Though a paradise, Eden is not perfect. The colonists have a wide diversity of opinion about the novas. Some consider them as almost god-like beings, others treat them as powerful rulers, a few are somewhat resentful of the caste distinction and keep careful track of things to make sure the novas do not abuse their power. Gossip about the activities, like and dislikes of the novas is comparable to the way many humans in the Solar System regard the lives of famous celebrities."

Another quote for you as well, "More than three dozen novas then developed a plan to relocate to this new world where nova and human could live in harmony."

Taking these points together I simply believe that Eden is a place ruled by Novas, but generally in a hands off way. Those with a particular interest that would encourage them to interact with the baselines would do so, your Nova investigator for instance. However, lets face it, the total population of the planet is 100,000 tops, thats a large town, there is not that much 'ruling' for a group of 67 novas to do! For example, it simply isn't likely to have a great deal of crime to warrant a nova investigator being involved in much other than the rare interesting crime. Similarly for other things, the vast majority of novas will be engaged in their own projects or hobbies rather than actively 'ruling' the baselines. In addition 'living in harmony' doesn't to me imply the level of domination that you imply/state in a number of your posts.

Having had a chunk of time to reread a lot of posts about the site it appears to me that you wish Eden to be some kind of Exalted 1st Age, with the Novas taking the places of the Solars, and that is neither supported by the material, nor the way that I envsioned it. In addition not much of the game will take place on Eden anyway.

You have also mentioned a number of times that you would have no problem interacting with the Psion diplomats/politicians. This is simply is not the case, very few of the people you will be dealing with are likely to be psions, and those that are will be more likely to be aids and/or advisors rather than the key players themselves. Which suggests that you aren't as familiar with the setting material as you have seemed to say on occassions. The majority of the psions you are likely to encounter will probably be in the Escort of UN/Upeo/Starcrossed psions that will be travelling with you (other PC's and NPC's).

As you've said yourself you are used to being the ST (for what system I wonder), and that can cause problems for anyone when they come to play in someone elses game, simply because you are used to having things go the way you want/expect them to.

I, and from some of their posts, several other players have been concerned on ocassions that you will be able to fit you character into this game. If you think you can accept this model for Eden and the general trend for the Novas behaviour/outlook then I see no problem. However, everyone should remember/be advised, that you are not the senior/most important part of the negotiating team - that is led by Apollo Millikan (who almost singlehandedly wiped at a Chromatic invasion force at Karroo in 2116) and he WILL yank home anyone who jeopardises the overall negotiations. What makes it more unfair perhaps is that while he in stuck in the UN negotiating witht he leaders of Nations, the Aeon Trinity and the Proxies, it will be you guys who make public appearances, visit nations to negoitiate discuss things at a lower level, and interact with people more genrally and so have the greater risk of derailing things through public opinion etc.

Hopefully after all that at least some of you will still want to play! ::biggrin

Rorx,

I actually said this before in various posts in this thread, I do see Eden as a Trinity setting example of the Exalted 1st Age. That is how I see it, and that is how I interpret canon. Now in general, your ideas on it are as truthful and possible as mine are.

in general

In specific, as this is your game, I am willing to go with your idea. Its not bad, its not like I am loosing interest by going with your ideas. I am fine with it, its now how I would have wanted it, but I am fine with it. And since most of the game is not on Eden anyway, the way its directly ruled is not so much a problem for us.

That said, the issue with the dealing with psions or baselines is an issue I had because of the relatively low level of campaign information your parcelled out. From reading what you did, that is what I got as the point. You say differently, and that is cool, I just wish you had said it earlier. :)

Now, the problems you say that my character might have in dealing, well that was the first character. After going over it and doing it again the character you saw the sheet for has nothing a part of it that would make it incapable of interacting and helping the baseline population.

Though I do have to say that I have 3 dots of Backing and 4 dots of Influence in Eden government (that is how I saw that as well). I am not some small fry in the ocean, I'm pretty connected to the Eden government myself.

And with my change to Elemental Mastery my ability to work and aid the baselines has gotten easier.

++

And just for the record, I STed two Aberrant games, an Exalted game, and 3 D20 games. I have a lot of experience with the ST system.

And yes, your entirely right. That is why I mostly do not play in games, conflict of opinion. I am a control freak and find most fun when I am running things. :)

But every once and a while I find a game concept that is cool and that I have to give it a try. And this is one of them.

I just ask, and don't take this as an attack, that you provide us with some more information on various aspects of what the game will require of us. That way we can prepare and know what we need to add do to our characters to get it right.

, everyone should remember/be advised, that you are not the senior/most important part of the negotiating team - that is led by Apollo Millikan (who almost singlehandedly wiped at a Chromatic invasion force at Karroo in 2116) and he WILL yank home anyone who jeopardises the overall negotiations.
"Senior" is the right word. Apollo is AT LEAST Q8.

I'd peg him as at most Q8 as well, though. Otherwise, you need to explain why he doesn't just track down the Colony and kill its ass. . .
We're kind of spoiled by Q-Supreme's (and Plank Scaling's) ability to increase your own power. To have Q8 (or more) doesn't not automatically make you invincible and unstoppable. One or both of them might have theme limitations that prevent them from getting QS or PS (actually hopefully both of them do).

In addition they call it space because there's so much of it. Tracking him down is a non-trivial thing for someone who (we assume) needs a warper to assist him in moving around.

But yeah, I tend to think of him as *only* Q8 too. For starters he's not all that tainted.

We're kind of spoiled by Q-Supreme's (and Plank Scaling's) ability to increase your own power. To have Q8 (or more) doesn't not automatically make you invincible and unstoppable. One or both of them might have theme limitations that prevent them from getting QS or PS (actually hopefully both of them do).

In addition they call it space because there's so much of it. Tracking him down is a non-trivial thing for someone who (we assume) needs a warper to assist him in moving around.

But yeah, I tend to think of him as *only* Q8 too. For starters he's not all that tainted.

Its less that, and more that I had in mind the simple idea that, if Apollo is notably more powerful than the Colony, a straightforward assault becomes the most viable means to deal with him.

Though, hmm. . . there are times I ponder whether that particular Q-Supremacy trick should be toned back a tad. Say, allowing permanent changes and reconfigurations, but only within the bounds of the total power level of the nova in question. So, any permanent change would have to be paid for, nova point for nova point, with permanent losses.

Its less that, and more that I had in mind the simple idea that, if Apollo is notably more powerful than the Colony, a straightforward assault becomes the most viable means to deal with him.

Though, hmm. . . there are times I ponder whether that particular Q-Supremacy trick should be toned back a tad. Say, allowing permanent changes and reconfigurations, but only within the bounds of the total power level of the nova in question. So, any permanent change would have to be paid for, nova point for nova point, with permanent losses.

Always depends on what the Colony is. In my games I always had him as a distributed consciousness... Nigh impossible to find all of it.

...there are times I ponder whether that particular Q-Supremacy trick should be toned back a tad. Say, allowing permanent changes and reconfigurations, but only within the bounds of the total power level of the nova in question. So, any permanent change would have to be paid for, nova point for nova point, with permanent losses.
That trick is brutally broken. Anyone with Q-Supreme can beat *any* number of novas who don't have it or Q10. For that matter if a Q10 doesn't have Plank then he's pretty much doomed as well.

Easiest solution is to increase that technique's Q-min to QS, probably to 9.

Rorx,

I actually said this before in various posts in this thread, I do see Eden as a Trinity setting example of the Exalted 1st Age. That is how I see it, and that is how I interpret canon. Now in general, your ideas on it are as truthful and possible as mine are.

Then we have a serious and fundamental difference in both the way that Eden works and the nature/background of the Novas that would have founded Eden. 1st Age Exalted Solars are about as far from the concept of living in harmony with baselines that was the canon basis for founding Eden as you can get.

That said, the issue with the dealing with psions or baselines is an issue I had because of the relatively low level of campaign information your parcelled out. From reading what you did, that is what I got as the point. You say differently, and that is cool, I just wish you had said it earlier. :)

It has always been stated that in this game you would be part of a PR/Liaison team to Earth space, and I had even mentioned the possibilities of been sent to Nihon, Khantze La Gu, and elsewhere. I have no idea where you got the idea that you would only/mostly be dealing with Psion politicians, it doesn't take much familiarity with the Trinty setting to know that very few if any of those exist, and that the initial position of population and authorities of Earth space is going to be hostile to your return/recontact. Hence it taing two years of diplomacy on Eden to get to this stage.

Now, the problems you say that my character might have in dealing, well that was the first character. After going over it and doing it again the character you saw the sheet for has nothing a part of it that would make it incapable of interacting and helping the baseline population.

Though I do have to say that I have 3 dots of Backing and 4 dots of Influence in Eden government (that is how I saw that as well). I am not some small fry in the ocean, I'm pretty connected to the Eden government myself.

And with my change to Elemental Mastery my ability to work and aid the baselines has gotten easier.

I agree that the changes you have made to the character stats do fit better with his ability to enable him to get along with a wider range of people. However, I'd like to see what his new background is like to see if that is reflected in the characters personality. Having said that, his actual stats/skills did not support the claims in the original background as to how fundamental to the founding of Eden he was meant to be.

3 Backing to me is the same as 3 Status, which in military terms is the equivalent of an officier up to the level of a Captain. Influence I have always taken as Fame largely and the little political influence such brings, and so it represents a Nova that is regularly seen in public and discussed in the media etc, something similat to Brad Pit or such at 4 dots? No Nova is small fry on Eden, however Apollo is the leader and front man of the faction that supports recontact with Earth, as well as being significantly more powerful than any of the PC's as others have mentioned here.

And just for the record, I STed two Aberrant games, an Exalted game, and 3 D20 games. I have a lot of experience with the ST system.

But not apparently with the Trinity setting or material.

I happily admit that I do not have much experience at running Aberrant, but you should not have tried quoting gaming experience at me, nor I know many of the other people here.

However, if thats what you want to do...

I have been roleplaying, both playing and running games for continuously for 27 years. During that time I have played/ST'd/owned more than 60 different roleplaying systems and their editons, I still own more than 30. This has included most of the WW systems, frequently in a number of editions. More specifically it includes more than one Trinity campaign lasting in excess of 2 years and a 1st Edtion Exalted game (haiving all the published books) lasting more than a year, so I know just how stupid, arrogant, ego/meglomaniacal and psychotic 1st age Solars were.

And yes, your entirely right. That is why I mostly do not play in games, conflict of opinion. I am a control freak and find most fun when I am running things. :)

But every once and a while I find a game concept that is cool and that I have to give it a try. And this is one of them.

I just ask, and don't take this as an attack, that you provide us with some more information on various aspects of what the game will require of us. That way we can prepare and know what we need to add do to our characters to get it right.

Given your apparent assumption that Novas should be like 1st age Solars, which is very much in the Teragen philosophy, I think we have a fundamental difference of what the game concept is.

I agree I haven't given as much information as I'd like about the game background, but that partially was because I didn't think it necessary, since it is the normal canon Trinity setting to the beginning/early part of 2123.

Given that I had said that you were to be part of the first Eden Novas allowed to visit Earthspace and that you would be part of a PR/Liaison team most people seemed to realise that with a total Psion population of ~64,000 and Baseline/Neutral population of ~7 Billion+ a capability to be comfortable around and to deal easily with the majority of people you might meet would be a prerequisite to being chosen to be on the team. Hence the number of other people who pointed out the problems of your initial choice of flaws with the Intolerance and Obsession.

The aim of these negotiations is to get the people of Earthspace to agree to let the Novas of Eden to help them with the problems they have. This is fundamentally in only a few areas, since Eden is well aware of the antagonism to 'Aberrants' and that it would be a long time before people would happily permit free travel/coexistence on Earth. Withthis is mind help has been offered in a number of key areas(in no patuicular order).

1. Fighting the Aberrants attacking Earthspace, and by extension Qinshui if the Qin are open to those negotiations.

2. Clean up the Blight zone

3. Assisst in clearing the Aberrants from Khantze La Gu, and their Taint from the land.

4. Help clear the Taint and toxic debris from Europe.

5. Share scientific/technical data lost in the Crash for data discovered since the Ultimatum (Partially done)

Can anyone else think of anything else Eden has to offer the rest of humanity?

Archived