Aberrant RPG - How Would You Build: Quantum Avatar

A common ability for gods is to produce avatars: weaker physical manifestations of themselves, with which to interact with mortals. If such constructs were capable of forwarding the desires of a high end nova while also have a lower taint rating effectively, they would be a highly desired ability indeed.

How would you build such a power?

My initial thought is, Q-Construct, with mastery and the intelligent extra, with the limits "Only to create general copies of yourself that are at least one Quantum lower than you."

I'm with Alex. Make it a change to the Clone power. Like, every clone has -X dots to all of their powers/abilities (including Q and Taint), where X is the number of clones created. Or possibly a version of Aberration Transfer (only onto my clone) so that the original can make a clone, dump their problems on them, and be aberration (though not socical penalty) free for the couple of hours the clone exists.

That's the main reason I suggested Q-Construct: it gets around the social penalties, which Clone otherwise wouldn't. Given the whole point of the power is to be able to interact meaningfully with mere mortals, albeit at a bit of a divide. . .

Admittedly, this would only really be useful/workable if the creating nova in question merely has as obstacles social penalties and random obstructive aberrations. If they *also* have major mental aberrations, then either the 'avatar' is going to be just as insane, or its going to have a hard time communicating anything *back* to its creator.

( which might actually make sense, if the originating nova has gone down Lovecraft Way a bit too far. . . )

But with a Q-Construct, it's only communication one-way, from nova to baselines. It can't bring back the conversations the way a Clone can by merging back with the original. Unless you're going out of the way to ensure your "avatar" has psychic link or telepathy for real-time sharing, but it seems like those points could best be spent elsewhere - especially since you have to burn up your successes putting the points into the mental/social skills anyway.

Archived