Aberrant RPG - Mega-Mental & Mega-Social Feats

Sprocket

Re: What this thread is all about-

Hey there folks, it's Sprocket here again with another R&D thread for material which will (hopefully) make it into Aberrant: The New Flesh. If all goes well, this thread will be used to hammer out feat charts for all three Mental Mega-Attributes & all four Social Mega-Attributes (including Mega-Ugliness). Since AB:TNF is going to be the last Mega-Attribute book, it's probably the best place to tie up these loose ends. In the finished ebook & will be added to the tail end of Chapter 4 as "Appendix #3".

That said, things are going to be a little different with this thread. This time around my stake in this will be MUCH smaller; aside from providing a little starter material, archiving any material that is developed & doing the formatting/document work. None of that takes much time at all, so my other work on AB:TNF will not be impeded.

Also, the size of the charts are going to be determined by you lot, not myself. If there's enough interest in doing full size feat charts like the 3 Mega-Physical feat charts amongst you, then that's what we'll work with. If there's only enough interest for "mini" feat charts to be hammered out (only 1 feat per dot rating), then that will be fine too. The choice is yours, folks.

Re: Canon capabilities for Mega-Intelligence & Mega-Wits-

Here's what we've got AFA what the canon books say that all brainiacs and/or quick-thinkers are capable of with just 1 dot of the relevant Mega-Mental Attribute.

Mega-Intelligence: Brainiacs can understand and influence complex systems (like organizations, nations & cultures), in ways that baselines barely understand. They can use this influence and control their surroundings, manipulating people and events with superhuman capability. They have reduced or totally waived training time for learning new Abilities. Brainiacs can roll Intelligence or a relevant Ability to recall some useful piece of data they have seen or heard. They can also place a hidden message within a message/document that only novas with Mega-Intelligence of their own dot rating or higher can decipher.

Mega-Wits: A quick-thinker has greater control over his own emotions and involuntary reactions - things like shock or surprise either don't exist for him or do not impair him. This also reduces a quick-thinker's chances of being distracted & allows him a clear-minded focus on whatever task at hand.

Re: A few ideas for Mega-Int feats, dot rating negotiable-

Here's a few ideas for Mega-Int feats that I haven't been able to peg AFA their plausible dot ratings.

>Deduce non-obvious/non-official historical events from historical records and circumstantial evidence - GIGO & mistakes are still factors.

>Design working devices/technologies just from a general outline of principles - no technical details required, as they can be extrapolated. This includes scientific knowledge that typically isn't considered to have any practical technological use. A solid base of scientific/technological knowledge is still required.

>Can predict the actions of baseline humans without much thinking. Doing this for aliens requires an amount of thought in inverse proportion to how well the nova knows the aliens in question. (More well-known = less thought required.)

>Deduce non-obvious applications for existing technological devices.

Re: Partial thread reincarnation

In the next couple of posts I'll be reposting material from blushing_bunny & Alex Green on this subject, and they started on Mega-Intelligence.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Repost from blushing_bunny)

So, going off of Sprocket's idea I think it's about time we set some solid standards for what we should expect from the different levels of Mega-Atts. As vague as they are now, it isn't unusual to see some discrepancy in what is expected from any level of them most especially for the Mega Mentals.

Which is why I am suggesting we band together as a board and get a good idea of what can be expected at different levels of the Mega-Mentals, and perhaps later come up with a solid list of stunts for different levels of socials. Perhaps adding a new social combat mechanic to represent those Novas that choose to involve them selfs in public life at large. Just how many lives are all but defined by the Mega Charismatic? Just how massive are the throngs that raise their head at the mention of the current Hot-Mega-Appearance? At which point does it become inevitable that all that you strive for is ever usurped by the Mega-Manipulator in the corner? This list of possibilities and dimensions this could add to the game are endless, and can better serve to make players remember that there is far more to the world of Aberrant then seek-and-beats.

Without further adieu lets get the ball rolling!

Mega Intelligence

Intelligence in the World of Aberrant is defined as the ability for one to make intuitive leaps in trains of thought, and to better manifest the world around you in ones mind. This allows those gifted with this Mega to always remain aware of the bigger picture. Where a baseline genius breaks down the barriers in their problems, like a train through a field of corn, a mega-int must simply take the single step across and arrive at the very least to the borders of baseline thought. This manifests as Mega smart chemists instantly aware of what is possible in the realm of matter. Where baselines spend years at a time coming up with a process to make that new hit chemical that will allow millions of lives to be saved in the next big war thanks to sleek new fabric body armor, the Mega-Brainy Nova can do it in a matter of months, weeks, days, and to the utter horror of a few-mere minutes. Mega Brainy Novas stand to individually shift the throes of whatever environment they choose to impact and will one day lead the world in a direction few today have even dared to dream of.

(Keep in mind, I think Int is irrevocably twined with skills, and therefore serves to enhance and benefit them)

Mega Int Feats

Mega Int 1

*Defeat a grandmaster of Chess consistently while only vaguely paying attention.

*Correctly discern the location of all enemies on a given field, if given a proper layout of the land, and the resources at the disposal of those your tracking.

*Correctly discern the Flaws in modern day physics. (In other words, "I can make new kinds of bombs that utterly snigger in the face of the limitations thought of by modern man")

*You can now do adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, instantaneously in your head no matter how complex the numbers.

*All literature that you can at least comprehend is understood second-naturedly. (I can read, and correctly repeat the morning news-paper)

*Can rightly claim that Stephen Hawkings, J.K Rowling, or any other famous authors latest publishing "Shallow and Pedantic"

*Skills can be learned in a manner of weeks where it takes Baselines months. "Some Mega-Jock dunked on me in front of a crowd, I go out and memorize and apply everything man knows about basketball to clown this fool with my superior skills. Equally valid is mastering biology, or surgery.)

*Correctly discern the most ideal places for traps to be placed, in any structure the brain has some image of (Whether through memory, schematics, etc.) . (Assuming the subterfuge skill)

I would like to make a list of at least 20 per a level, please feel free to submit your opinion, contributions, or arguments if you see fit.

(Repost from Alex Green)

EXCELLENT TOPIC BUNNY!!!

I'm going to assume that in each example the nova in question has the associated skills. If they don't have the associated skills then given enough time, someone with Mega-Int could recreate E=MC^2... however duplicating several hundred years (and thousands of researchers) worth of theories might take centuries.

It might be worthwhile to use the M-Str tables for multiples here. Example: A nova with M-Str can lift a ton. A nova with Str 5 can only lift X amount of kilos. This implies one man year's worth of work for the nova is Y man years worth of work for Einstein.

*Defeat a grandmaster of Chess consistently while only vaguely paying attention.

Agreed.

*Correctly discern the location of all enemies on a given field, if given a proper layout of the land, and the resources at the disposal of those your tracking.

You'd think so, but Abby lists "Tactics" as a Mega-Wits skill.

*Correctly discern the Flaws in modern day physics. (In other words, "I can make new kinds of bombs that utterly snigger in the face of the limitations thought of by modern man")

I.e. they can access the gadget rules.

*You can now do adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, instantaneously in your head no matter how complex the numbers.

*All literature that you can at least comprehend is understood second-naturedly. (I can read, and correctly repeat the morning news-paper)

Again, you'd think so but then we have enhancements which also do this. What I'd like to do is rebuild the rules on this subject, i.e. every level of Mega-Int gives you more bonuses, for example at Mega-1 you can "use" (i.e. duplicate) a calculator, and at Mega-4 a super-computer, with the enhancement giving you a bonus to your level of Mega-Int.

But with the rules we have it's probably better to just present math problems with difficulty modifiers, so someone with Mega-5 can just plow through the easier ones.

*Can rightly claim that Stephen Hawkings, J.K Rowling, or any other famous authors latest publishing "Shallow and Pedantic"

Agreed... although Rowling's work is based on Wits (i.e. Art), not Int.

*Correctly discern the most ideal places for traps to be placed, in any structure the brain has some image of (Whether through memory, schematics, etc.) . (Assuming the subterfuge skill)

Not sure. If we're talking about Intrusion, then yes, but this feels more like Awareness/Investigation, i.e. Mega-Perception. This might be a case you use Mega-Int to create traps and Mega-Perception to detect them.

*Skills can be learned in a manner of weeks where it takes Baselines months. "Some Mega-Jock dunked on me in front of a crowd, I go out and memorize and apply everything man knows about basketball to clown this fool with my superior skills. Equally valid is mastering biology, or surgery.)

I think you mean "int skills", knowing everything written on basketball doesn't make you any quicker or taller. Note "learn quicker" doesn't mean "pays less experience". I'd suggest that having M-Dex would let you pick up Athletics & Melee easier, M-Chr command, etc.

I think the man year multiplier would help a LOT here.

Strength Chart (kilos) : 15-45-100-165-240

M-Str Chart (1000 kilos): 1-10-25-50-100

So at M-Int 1 one weeks worth of work is a month's worth of work for the smartest man currently alive, and 2.5 months of the average college student, and 4 months of work for the average joe.

So at M-Int 5 you can spend a week and have it be the functional equiv of 8.3 YEARS of work of the smartest man currently alive. So basically in 5 weeks you can duplicate Einstein's entire life's work (I'm not sure how long E was alive or productive, we might just want to limit him to 25 years of productivity).

Applying that to other stats, J.K Rowling takes about a year to write one of her Potter Books. So Mega-Wits one lets you do the same thing in 3 months. Mega-Wits 2 lets you do it in 9 days. Mega-Wits 3 lets you do it in 3.5 days. Above that we need to worry about your typing speed.

General Guidelines: The Work Hour

The core book gives us charts for how much more effective a mega-strong nova would be at moving objects (see below). As a rule of thumb, if it would take someone with Strength 3 five hours to move something then it can be done in a half hour by a nova with Mega-Strength 1. He's ten times stronger and so gets ten times as much done in any unit of time.

Applying these figures to the other megas, if it takes 2 work years for the best baseline author to create a top selling book, then a nova with Mega-Wits 3 and Art 5 should be able to do the same thing in one week.

For a nova with Mega-Intelligence 1, one weeks worth of work is equal to a month's worth of work for the smartest baseline, and 5 months of work for the average baseline.

Assuming Albert Einstein had 40 productive years of work during his life, a nova with Mega-Intelligence 2 could have done the same thing in a year. A nova with Mega-Intelligence 5 would have taken two weeks.

This also applies to learning times. A nova with Mega-Dexterity learns Dexterity skills far more quickly than any baseline, etc. This doesn't get rid of the experience costs, but it does mean that while a baseline might have to spend years to get a skill up to five, a nova with the right megas can do the same in months or even over a weekend if he has a high enough mega.

The Strength Charts are:

Normal Strength Chart (kilos) : 15-45-100-165-240

Mega-Strength Chart (1000 kilos): 1-10-25-50-100

These guidelines assume similar abilities and don't take into account enhancements and other powers.

My only real problem with this is one I have mentioned before, namely that attributes *should* represent a continuous scale and not two seperate but related scales.

My reasoning for this is that these are suppose to be automatic feats, no rolling required. Yet we know that if we *were* rolling statistically this would not be the case.

Given a baseline with intelligence of 3 and a grandmaster (rating 5) in chess the baseline is going to average 3.2 successes.

A nova with Intelligence 3 Mega 1 who is unskilled in chess is going to average only 2. successes. Now if the nova was skilled in chess or the baseline was smarter obviously that affects things but I am still confused by this way of doing things...

Re: The Work Hour-

I'd say that the note in the corebook (p. 155, just above the grey sidebar) about how differing Ability ratings are taken into account would resolve some of your concerns. AFAICT, Alex's rule assumes equal or greater Ability ratings on the nova's part.

Also, this is just the sort of additional tidbit that would fit in nicely to the proposed Mega-Mental & Mega-Social feat charts. Nice one, Alex. ::thumbup1

Re: The original question-

What's your verdict on the charts, folks? Regular or mini? (I probably should've set up a poll... ::laugh)

A few random feats:

Mega Int: Acquiring a Ph.D level of knowledge in a field, from scratch, in [insert time unit here]

Mega Per: Distinguish between random static and non-random scrambling immediately on observation

Mega Manipulation: Take a man who hates you, and wants nothing more than to spoil your plans, and get him to yell exasperatedly "Just tell us what you want, we're going to end up doing it anyway!"

The mega-int one, someone can probably calc based on the equivalent work hour formula. Random versus patterned static, hmm. . . my inclination is to say, thats the kind of thing Reed Richards could do, and without that much difficulty. So, 4-5 or so.

The manip one? Going off the source material, its probably somewhere in the 8-10 range. . .

Re: "Picking out patterns" feat-

::blink Since when did Reed Richards have Mega-Perception? Or was the feat originally intended to be a Mega-Int feat?

Re: Manip feat-

Don't know that it'd be that high a caliber, assuming that a baseline man is the mark mentioned in the description. If the target was a grifter of Raoul Orzaiz's caliber, then 8-10 would be accurate.

Re: "Picking out patterns" feat-

::blink Since when did Reed Richards have Mega-Perception? Or was the feat originally intended to be a Mega-Int feat?

Ah, I suppose it'd be Mega Int. And I actually do tend to peg him as having Mega Per, based on accuity of perception rather than literal supersenses. Not to *that* high an extent, though.

Re: Manip feat-

Don't know that it'd be that high a caliber, assuming that a baseline man is the mark mentioned in the description. If the target was a grifter of Raoul Orzaiz's caliber, then 8-10 would be accurate.

More the latter.

Mega Wits: Retain your composure in the face of a credible, immediate opportunity to acquire your Heart's Desire

Is this supposed to cover instances of temptation on the level of "ultimate form of catering to a character's Vice (in Adventure! terms)"? The kind which spending a point of temporary WP is required to resist?

If so, this would be good for the lower dot ratings; 1 or 2 would be my guess.

-Listen to 10 different musical compositions simultaneously while being able to distinguish each clearly. (WIT or PER)

-Move about while fully blindfolded with no difficulty by feeling variations in the light reflected off surrounding objects on your skin. (PER)

-Cause hysterical blindness in those viewing your horrid visage. (APP-UGLY)

-Temporarily soothe even severe violent insanity in those seeing your lovlieness. (APP)

-Your amazing looks are so trancendant that even mosquitos and other insects will avoid biting you and marring your perfection. (APP)

Is this supposed to cover instances of temptation on the level of "ultimate form of catering to a character's Vice (in Adventure! terms)"? The kind which spending a point of temporary WP is required to resist?

If so, this would be good for the lower dot ratings; 1 or 2 would be my guess.

No, I was thinking a bit. . . grander. More on the order of "You knowingly made a choice, that resulted in all your friends *dying*. You hate yourself for it every day of your life thereafter. What would you do if the opportunity came to change it?"

Re: Resisting the Heart's Desire-

No, I was thinking a bit. . . grander. More on the order of "You knowingly made a choice, that resulted in all your friends *dying*. You hate yourself for it every day of your life thereafter. What would you do if the opportunity came to change it?"

OK, so it's for the really high-caliber dramatic moments of temptation (if that's the right word for that kind of offer). Don't know how often that would come up in an Aberrant chronicle, but I can see it happening. What's the estimated dot rating for this?

Re: Organizing this stuff-

I'll start putting this material together grouped by Mega-Attribute, but plausible dot ratings are going to have to be figured out for them ASAP.

We're talking about Mega-Manip I would think.

Assume Manip 5...

Mega-Manip 5 means you're throwing 6.5 succ around.

That's 4.5 over and above a willpower of 10, and effectively 5+ over anyone less than that.

So you can pull that kind of crap on anyone and everyone you meet all the time. Basically every dot of Mega-Manip let's you do that two someone with +2 willpower.

So with Mega-2 you can do it to people with a 2 willpower (5.0 succ over)

So with Mega-3 you can do it to people with a 4 willpower (5.1 succ over)

So with Mega-4 you can do it to people with a 6 willpower (5.2 succ over)

So with Mega-5 you can do it to people with a 9 willpower (4.9 succ over)

We might just want to drop that effect on Mega-2 and below.

Mega-3 lets you do it on the standard baseline.

Mega-4 lets you do it on the standard willful baseline (6 or below... basically cops and soliders).

Mega-5 lets you do it on the standard very high willpower baseline.

As for my 'hearts desire' example, I'd say Mega Wits 5, and no lower. The whole point is that your faced with a situation where every fiber of your being is screaming to do something, and your retaining your composure purely off of the desire to do such regardless of circumstance. After all, there's no *apparent* reason why you shouldn't ( and possible no reason at all ), so there isn't a counterbalancing strong desire or aversion.

Re: The current M-M/M-S feats roster...-

...is as follows. Note that the "feat mini-chart" option is being used & will be the default unless a lot more interest in this thread is drummed up. Feats listed after a mini-chart have yet to be pegged to a dot rating. Also included in the finalized document will be a header blurb & Alex Green's "General Guidelines: The Work Hour".

Mega-Perception

• 1 dot: x.

• 2 dots: x.

• 3 dots: x.

• 4 dots: x.

• 5 dots: x.

• 6 dots: x.

• 7 dots: x.

• 8 dots: x.

• 9 dots: x.

• 10 dots: x.

>Move about while fully blindfolded with no difficulty by feeling variations in the light reflected off surrounding objects on your skin.

>Listen to 10 different musical compositions simultaneously while being able to distinguish each clearly. (wits or perception?)

Mega-Intelligence

Brainiacs can understand and influence complex systems (like organizations, nations & cultures), in ways that baselines barely understand. They can use this influence and control their surroundings, manipulating people and events with superhuman capability. They have reduced or totally waived training time for learning new Abilities. Brainiacs can roll Intelligence or a relevant Ability to recall some useful piece of data they have seen or heard. They can also place a hidden message within a message/document that only novas with Mega-Intelligence of their own dot rating or higher can decipher.

• 4 dots: Distinguish between random static and non-random scrambling immediately on observation.

>Deduce non-obvious/non-official historical events from historical records and circumstantial evidence - GIGO & mistakes are still factors.

>Design working devices/technologies just from a general outline of principles - no technical details required, as they can be extrapolated. This includes scientific knowledge that typically isn't considered to have any practical technological use. A solid base of scientific/technological knowledge is still required.

>Can predict the actions of baseline humans without much thinking. Doing this for aliens requires an amount of thought in inverse proportion to how well the nova knows the aliens in question. (More well-known = less thought required.)

>Deduce non-obvious applications for existing technological devices.

>Acquiring a Ph.D level of knowledge in a field, from scratch, in [insert time unit here].

Mega-Wits

A quick-thinker has greater control over his own emotions and involuntary reactions - things like shock or surprise either don't exist for him or do not impair him. This also reduces a quick-thinker's chances of being distracted & allows him a clear-minded focus on whatever task at hand.

• 5 dots: Retain your composure in the face of a credible, immediate opportunity to acquire your Heart's Desire.

>Listen to 10 different musical compositions simultaneously while being able to distinguish each clearly. (wits or perception?)

Mega-Appearance

>Temporarily soothe even severe violent insanity in those seeing your loveliness.

>Your amazing looks are so trancendant that even mosquitos and other insects will avoid biting you and marring your perfection.

Mega-Ugliness

>Cause hysterical blindness in those viewing your horrid visage.

Mega-Manipulation

• 3 dots: Take a standard baseline who hates you and wants nothing more than to spoil your plans, and get him to yell exasperatedly "Just tell us what you want, we're going to end up doing it anyway!".

Mega-Charisma

Re: Current charts-

With the lack of response on most of the suggested feats AFA dot ratings, I've gone ahead & pegged them. Charts not found in this post are unchanged from what's seen in my previous post.

Mega-Perception

• 1 dot: Listen to 10 different musical compositions simultaneously while being able to distinguish each clearly.

• 4 dots: Move about while fully blindfolded with no difficulty by feeling variations in the light reflected off surrounding objects on your skin.

Mega-Intelligence

• 1 dot: Defeat a grandmaster of Chess consistently while only vaguely paying attention.

• 2 dots: Deduce non-obvious applications for existing technological devices.

• 3 dots: Predict the actions of baseline humans without much thinking. Doing this for aliens requires an amount of thought in inverse proportion to how well the nova knows the alien species in question. The better the nova knows the aliens, less thought will be required.

• 4 dots: Distinguish between random static and non-random scrambling immediately on observation.

• 5 dots: Deduce non-obvious/non-official historical events from historical records and circumstantial evidence - GIGO & mistakes are still factors.

• 6 dots: Design working devices/technologies just from a general outline of principles - no technical details are required, as they can be extrapolated. This includes scientific knowledge that typically isn't considered to have any practical technological use. A solid base of scientific/technological knowledge is still required.

• 7 dots: Acquire a Ph.D level of knowledge in a field, from scratch, in 30 hours.

Mega-Appearance

• 6 dots: Temporarily soothe even baselines suffering from psychotic episodes upon seeing your loveliness.

• 8 dots: Your amazing looks are so transcendent that even mosquitoes and other insects will avoid biting you and marring your perfection.

Mega-Ugliness

• 6 dots: Cause hysterical blindness in the more psychologically fragile people who view your horrid visage.

Cause hysterical blindness in the more psychologically fragile people who view your horrid visage.

If we assume this *only* needs 5+ succ, and we're using an Intimidation roll, then...

Baseline Willpower is 3d.

Assuming Base Intimidation of Zero.

Nova Intimidation is 5d + X(1d + 1Md) (X = Dots in Mega-Ugly).

Put a different way we average 1.3 succ per Dot.

1 1.3

2 2.6

3 3.9

4 5.2

5 6.5

6 8.8 (Note I'm giving 6+ [1] auto)

7 11.1

8 13.4

9 15.7

10 18

Hmm... So on *average* Mega-5 can do it. Is "average" good enough for a feat?

Mega-6 nails anyone who doesn't have Willpower 10.

And Mega-7 does this to *anyone* since willpower only goes up to 10.

I'm not sure "hysterical blindness" is very balanced... but it does seem reasonable. Maybe we should limit that to a scene?

I mean if you're rolling 5+ Intimindation succ over someone's willpower roll, I'd think you couldn't even get close to them. Maybe flee in terror time?

Re: Hysterical blindness-

I've no problem at all with knocking the rating down to Mega-Ugliness 5. That said, I'd imagine there would be more ST discretion involved with this feat than is originally implied. More than a few subjects would freak out just as the feat states, sure. Others would display more conventional fear reactions, & then you have the headcases who would want to take photos of the Mega-Ugly nova to sell to Fangoria magazine. ::devil

Re: Hysteria-

::shrug I don't see why the feat's effect couldn't be broadened - in fact, I'll go ahead & change the feat to "inflict hysteria". Causing hysterical blindness on cue really sounds like an enhancement (at minimum) if not a theme for the Strobe quantum power just from the tactical advantage it can provide.

EDIT: The revised feat is as follows. It's also been reworded to make the effect a bit more clear.

Mega-Ugliness

• 5 dots: Cause various kinds of hysteria reactions in typical baselines who view your horrid visage.

Re: New feat ideas-

Anyone have some more to put up for consideration?

Hmm... the Phobia flaw does a good job with this.

Do we want to up that to "everyone" at 6 dots?

And above that... inflict Catatonia? Insanity? Stress people out to the point of killing them?

I have a lot more respect for PCs dealing with Lovecraft's big guys now.

I don't know about inflicting mental disorders or fatal stress levels would be appropriate; we've already made 10 Mega-Ugliness enhancements that cover that sort of thing quite well in the Mega-Social ebook.

That said, making someone involuntarily urinate/defecate out of the basic animal fear reaction is well within bounds of a Mega-Ugliness feat AFAICT. All we need is a dot rating to peg it to.

Re: Lovecraft's big guys-

It's even more impressive when you consider that CoC PCs are pretty much baselines/non-Inspired by Aeoniverse standards.

My inclination, re: Mega-App panic reactions, is to put a hard distinction between "effect baseline", "effect inspired", and "effect nova." Basically, even with the same raw willpower rating, it should be tougher to terrify a 'hero' than a baseline, and tougher to terrify a nova than a 'hero'. After all, the baselines are more helpless.

Ah, thats another potential one: Mega Wits-based resistance feats. Perhaps something along the lines of "able to ignore a number of mega dice worth of social attributes equal to the nova's Mega Wits."

So, against somebody with Mega Wits 1, a Mega Charisma 1 guy would have no mega dice. A Mega Cha 4 guy would only get to use 3 dice. Mega Wits 5, then nobody short of Q6 can use mega dice for social actions against the guy. OTOH, they can still trigger their enhancements, still make social rolls with base dice, and still get bonus Style dice or defensive Mega Manip bonuses.

Ah, thats another potential one: Mega Wits-based resistance feats. Perhaps something along the lines of "able to ignore a number of mega dice worth of social attributes equal to the nova's Mega Wits."

So, against somebody with Mega Wits 1, a Mega Charisma 1 guy would have no mega dice. A Mega Cha 4 guy would only get to use 3 dice. Mega Wits 5, then nobody short of Q6 can use mega dice for social actions against the guy. OTOH, they can still trigger their enhancements, still make social rolls with base dice, and still get bonus Style dice or defensive Mega Manip bonuses.

That's a good idea, but it's not a feat, it's an optional rule.

Re: Mega Wits-based resistance-

Agreed that it'd be an optional rule instead of a feat. Besides, the Mega-Wits 5 slot is taken.

Re: Two new feats-

One has been taken from suggested ideas, the other is original, both are up for peer review.

Mega-Perception

• 2 dots: Distinguish the contrast between what baselines see as identical colors with just a glance.

Mega-Ugliness

• 6 dots: Make baselines involuntarily urinate and/or defecate out of the basic animal fear reaction upon catching sight of you.

MU is weak but I'm good with it.

Mega-Perception

• 2 dots: Distinguish the contrast between what baselines see as identical colors with just a glance.

In RL I had a girlfriend who could do this. She claimed she had "full color vision" or something like that and it was rare. She pointed out two identical shades of blue and said they were different to her.

Mega Charisma:

"Render an ordinary human willing to sacrifice his/her life for you after a single conversation."

"Ordinary humans intent on killing you will stop to let you talk with them first."

"Your speeches are so inspiring that they grant listeners temporary willpower points."

Archived