Trinity RPG - Finally Running A Game

Hello everyone.

I need your help.

I have owned and been a fan of the Trinity setting [including all three eras] since soon after their release. I have never played or ran Trinity. I have finally gotten the motivation to put together a series for a group of Aeon Society Psions. I have six players picked out who make excellent guinea pigs. I have read through all of the books at least once [well, I skimmed over some of the locale material]. Now I'm ready to put together enough Assignments [i.e. adventures] to run a whole series for my players. I wanted to run some thoughts by the combined knowledge and experience here and see if I could get some creative inspiration and maybe steal an idea or two.

I plan on running the Descent Into Darkness trilogy and Alien Invasion story lines, but not until I have exposed my players to about ten other Assignments I have written up. I think I will post each Assignment idea separately to keep some semblance of order to everything. I welcome any criticism or ideas any of you may have.

Thanks in advance.

Great to be where others share the same interest!

King Of Dreams

I have owned and been a fan of the Trinity setting [including all three eras] since soon after their release. I have never played or ran Trinity. I have finally gotten the motivation to put together a series for a group of Aeon Society Psions. I have six players picked out who make excellent guinea pigs. I have read through all of the books at least once [well, I skimmed over some of the locale material]. Now I'm ready to put together enough Assignments [i.e. adventures] to run a whole series for my players. I wanted to run some thoughts by the combined knowledge and experience here and see if I could get some creative inspiration and maybe steal an idea or two.

I plan on running the Descent Into Darkness trilogy and Alien Invasion story lines, but not until I have exposed my players to about ten other Assignments I have written up. I think I will post each Assignment idea separately to keep some semblance of order to everything. I welcome any criticism or ideas any of you may have.

Well, I hope your guinea pigs don't know about Eon yet - you'll be giving away all of our hard work! ::laugh But here's a few thoughts.

1) If you have a combat-oriented party, consider sending them off-planet (whether to another colony, like Khantze Lu Ghe, though I think I just totally botched the spelling, or to just somewhere else in the solar system) and face down an Aberrant attack. Make the size of the attack something that the party can help (not single-handedly) fight off. That way, when you bring them back to these places in Descent Into Darkness, they'll think they already know the lay of the land. It also lets you put in NPCs earlier, so they don't automatically catch on to who's important.

2) If you have a non-combat-oriented party, consider sending them to Asia somewhere to track down reports of a rogue Chib. Whether or not they actually find one is kind of irrelevant, the point is to get them somewhere unfamiliar so you can spring something nasty on them.

3) Give them something "boring" like bodyguard duty. If nothing else, it'll teach them to enjoy the finer points of life. ::tongue

4) Patrols of the tainted area in America and France. Rescuing survivors and scaring off Aberrants and tainted animals.

I will need to make sure my players don't check these boards.

I am planning on giving them copies of TFR: Noetics and India Underground, which both reference this site. I'll need to let them know. I trust them all. They want to have fun, and spoiling the story isn't very fun [at least for me].

Their main RPG exposure is traditional D&D. They like to fight and get stuff. However, I try to expose them to something different every time I run a game for them. I like Storyteller for its influences on actual role playing. It incorporates the role aspect more into its mechanics with Nature and Willpower.

If I get this off the ground I'll be interested to see how they react to this setting. I ran an Aberrant game with them a while back. It only lasted about five or six sessions, but they liked it. I want to do a lot more with Trinity!

Archived