Aberrant RPG - Your Nova in Marvel

metaphysician

Lets say, while your nova PC is busy doing whatever it is he normally does, an accident somehow occurs, and he falls through a dimensional portal into the Marvel Universe, circa now. He lands in the equivalent geographic area.

What does he do? How does he respond to the different setting?

No good deed goes unpunished.

One could make the argument that the abby war is something akin to the Civil War.

Marvel is a pretty good universe to step into powerwise, DC has everyone and his brother at Q6 to Q8. While Q6 is a lot more common in Marvel than it is in the abby-verse, most Marvel Q6 types are pretty limited in what they can do.

IMHO where Abbies would really shine is in the social megas. Not many supers have them.

I don't know, Marvel has more than there fair share of Q6+ types. Its just, the more outrageous ones tend to be space-faring rather than earth bound. They also have far fewer relativistic speedsters.

You got it as far as mega socials go. I could probably count the number of people with more than low grade mega social equivalents on two hands, and have fingers to spare. . .

As for Hermes, depends on where he lands.

If he lands in the Mediterranean, the lack of much happening around there helps. More leeway to get oriented, fewer superhumans to run across.

If he lands in China, well, I think currently China has crap in the way of superhumans, so nothing keeps him from going incognito or leaving.

Complications arise if, for whatever reason, he lands in the US. Fair chance of being located before he realizes whats going on, at which point he'd have Capekillers, and maybe even Avengers, coming down to try and force registration compliance. Which. . . he's reasonable and forgiving, and knows that a government has the right to know about visitors. However, the form and manner of the current registration regime and enforcement would hit all his worst buttons, and he'd run. Thankfully, he's good at that.

Long term? Once he finds out about mutant paranoia, the Civil War, and a few other things, he'd work very hard at finding a way off this insane planet.

What would Sprocket, my old nova technomorph/blacktech inventor/space travel enthusiast do if he was dropped into the Marvel Universe?

If we're talking Earth-616 here (the mainstream MU), it'd depend on whether he arrived planetside or in orbit. If he's in orbit, he'd mimic a communications satellite and try to figure out what kind of world he'd ended up in via the global media. Once brought up to speed on the post-Civil War situation, he'd probably head to Iceland & establish a quiet little R&D lab, developing the funds for such by "inventing" useful household devices & such from his home timeline. If he thought he'd need allies, he'd see about initiating a technology exchange with Wakanda in hopes of developing decent crosstime-travel tech.

If he arrives planetside in the U.S., he'd seek to get out of there ASAP - the whole registration snafu would smack of Nazi-style fascism to him, & his family has had a bad history with such. If SHIELD got to him before he could get out of North America, I'd expect serious fireworks.

Anywhere else in the world, he'd be much more civil to the authorities & folks he'd encounter, assuming that they deserve civility in the first place.

In all cases, his long-term goal would be finding a way to (at the very least) crosstime-travel to a saner Earth, if not his home Earth. Earth-616's U.S.A. is run by power-hungry sociopathic nitwits, 90% of the locals seem to be xenophobic yahoos & the culture isn't much better than the Fourth Reich by Sprocket's estimations.

Archived