Trinity RPG: Stepping from the Light - Stepping from the light

Rorx

Yeah, that's what I mean, more like a Matyr, or Explorer, or Visionary in that she follows a higher calling not the "whims and wishes" of whichever fallable person she has temporarily been assigned to.

Yeah. I see your point now. I guess Follower doesn't quite fit. Visionary seems more appropriate for the character to me.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys but the game isnt going to fly with just 3 players.

So I'm going to dump/alter most of the scenarios I was thinking of and advance the timeline to 2123 and call for Aberrant players to make up numbers as Eden Novas.

I'll give you all a bit more xp and post/email some of the things you'd have got up to during the exile.

Another character you were to pick up along the way, Liam, will be able to start off with you. I may do a backstory/flashback thread for some of the things that would have happend upto 2123.

Anyway I hope you will be willing to continue with this in the new situation.

A change already...

Rather than giving you all more xp I'll give you more 'bonus' pts which is closer in keeping with the additional Nova pts I'm giving the Nova's.

There will also be the opurtunity to have picked up Auxiliary Modes in the intervening years, and more oppurtunity fo similar in the near future...

King, unless anyone has a particular reason to change I'm hoping the Psion characters will remain the same. I had been intending for the original Stepping game to come to this point anyway, but obviously I had expcted that to be a couple of RL years and 10 game years down the line!

Basically, I'll be given all the psions an extra batch of 'bonus' pts to spend in order to improve their character over the ten years from when htey were brought together as a team and their current assignment. As and when I get time I'll also give you some outlines of what the scenarios/major events of those ten years the psion character have gone through, and ask you to give your characters reaction to them.

I've made no secret of the fact that I'm going to greatly boost the psion characters in the near future, to bring them more up to par (but still a long way off) with their Nova colleagues, but of course the characters don't know that...

I hope you will stick around an enjoy the new game.

Ok, the Psions will all have about 20 Bonus pts (not XP) to spend on stuff they have developed over the last 10 years.

The story for them was that after meeting up and having an initial delivery cruise for a month or more in the asteroid belt they jumped out to a meeting with Atwan on Ruans World. This is just a stop off point so that nothing extraterristrial can follow a Jumper directly to Earth at this stage, however people and facilities are starting to trickle in.

Atwan says that there is a risk that the Proxies are going to get funny about the world of sane Aberrants, or Novas as they call themselves, that the Upeo had found and had some contact with. With that in mind you were sent to have a look around the other colonies and report bak any problems and resources they may have if the Upeo have to isolate Earth to save themselves from the other Orders.

Since the group has at least a couple of jumpers that entailed staying around a single location for at least 6-10 hours a day so that they had a reasonable chance of getting back there in the future.

Along the way you spent time dodging Ministry agents on Khantze Le Gu, fighting the Chromatics on Karroo, patching up the fallen after fights on Avegerius and watching scientific discoveries on Mitigu/Far Nyumba.

When you returned and reported you only had a day or two for R&R before Atwan sent you out on a rush job. The Upeo were inevitably going to have to leave now and the best way to deal with the Novas of Eden would be to have someone who might understand them and/or their powers better with you, and that means a Chib. Given the current circumstances Atwan is also getting rather suspicious about what happend that night in India. Anyway, a Clear who knew a Chib before the Purge, has come to her brother (an Upeo) asking for help to find/rescue teh Chib who she feels is alive but in growing danger. You guys between you knew either the Clear or the brother and went with them to do this.

You pull Liam out of India one step ahead of a 4th Legion squad and between the lot of you and his friends convince him to join you and Atwans project. Before you return to Ruans world you do a run past the base where Liam has been held for 4-5 years looking for clues as to who ran the place, but the buildings in the jungle had been raised and attacked by Aberrant(s), there was little to find.

I'll post more later, but I hope this gives a feel for what you had been doing together...

Hi,

Sorry about the delay. I've been having computer problems, but they're mostly cleared up now.

I've almost got Liam finished with the new BP, but I'm having trouble deciding between three powers I want and only have enough points for two. It's hard! Once that's done however I can send you the details.

Hi,

Sorry about the delay. I've been having computer problems, but they're mostly cleared up now.

I've almost got Liam finished with the new BP, but I'm having trouble deciding between three powers I want and only have enough points for two. It's hard! Once that's done however I can send you the details.

Had a look over what you sent me and it all looks fine to me.

I'll try to get around to posting more about what happend to the party up to and during the Exodus, some of which will be asking for your opinions and what you may have done at certain stages.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so... it's been over two weeks since the last post here. It looks as though we got all the nova pcs done. Are we just waiting for the other psions then? I'm just wondering what the game status is, if there's an ETA or whatnot. ::smile

EDIT: A I see, it's all still going down in the Ab forums. Ok cool. See you there.

Archived