Trinity RPG - Comments on Basic Translocation Modes

Rorx

Yep, me again, here are some comments/problems I found with the Basic Translocation modes and what I intend doing/have done about them....

Spatial Integrity – There is a big jump in ability, from just affecting an area for a number of hours, to suddenly at level 5 being able to affect it for months at a time. – So I add in at level 3 an ability to affect the area for days for the same cost as months at level 5.

Jump/Long Jump – Only problem here is how they may interact with Transmassion abilities to increase or diversify the items you can carry with you, and the mechanics for doing so. The only comment in any of these abilities is in Transmit Person where is says that ‘if you have Long Jump you may travel to the same destination automatically’. It seems clear from this that no roll is necessary, what remains unclear is whether you would need to spend any additional Psi pts. I am inclined to think you should. On that basis I would make it so that you could use any Relay or Transmit Object/Person in conjunction with a Jump/Long Jump as long as the most difficult of the rolls has been made and the Psi points are spent for both/all powers. This does make even a relatively low powered Upeo quite powerful, in that he could Jump himself, one other, all they were wearing that has their Psi prints (assumption about Relay Person, that it works like Jump in that regard), and an additional object up to his mass limit in Relay Object all in one go. It would all work on a single Psi roll (although the passenger could resist) and cost about 3 Psi pts. Long Jump doesn’t list any mass limits or requirements for what goes with you, so assume it is the same as for Jump, about your own body mass as additional material. However I am inclined to lift the requirement that it has your own Psi print on it. Since it already states that you can use Long Jump to accompany a Transmit Person it seems reasonable that you could accompany a Transmit Object in the same way, just pay the Psi pts but no extra roll needed.

Shimmer – Description makes no mention of how much mass or any other limits on the gear that goes with you. Assume that it is again up to your own body mass in additional material (as for Jump), but ignore the Psi print requirement from Jump, otherwise any weapons/armour you’ve just grabbed to defended yourself (and possibly clothes) would be left behind!

• 1 month later...

For practical purposes I would assume that Relay/Transmit Object would actually transmit multiple objects up to the mass limit as long as they were all clearly sensed or on either the jumper or the target of a Relay/Transmit Person.

Or is that excessively useful?

For practical purposes I would assume that Relay/Transmit Object would actually transmit multiple objects up to the mass limit as long as they were all clearly sensed or on either the jumper or the target of a Relay/Transmit Person.

Or is that excessively useful?

That all seems pretty reasonable. For this one, though, I'd suggest maybe an increased difficulty if the objects aren't all conveniently stacked or grouped together. If they're all on the jumper or the target, I wouldn't foresee any problem.

Archived