Aberrant RPG - Your Aberrant, in Exalted

metaphysician

Lets say that, thanks to a horrible accident with your or someone else's powers, one of your Aberrant PCs has been accidentally thrown through a dimensional portal. The PC thus lands in a random portion of the Scavenger Lands, in Exalted 2e, somewhere *relatively* close to Lookshy. Assume, for the sake of this thread, that the trade tongue used in that region is coincidentally close enough to one of the languages said character speaks.

What happens?

Hmm. My knowledge of Exalted is a little rusty, but I can make a few broad guesses for you. YMMV. ::cool

1- Massive culture shock on both sides. Face it, from the Exalted POV a nova will practically be a science-fiction alien.

2- The nova could be feared for his/her extreme power in comparison to the Exalts. Unsure as to how the relative power levels stack up - that's been the cause of more than a few flame wars, BTW - but nova quantum powers & Mega-Attributes look to be more potent than Solar Charms & whatnot AFAICT.

3- Serious thematic clash; Exalted runs on a romantic/mythical operating scheme, while Aberrant follows a (fairly) realistic one. If the nova is still operating under the thematic rules of the Aeoniverse whilst in Creation, things can get more than a little hairy.

4- Much confusion as the various Exalts try to comprehend the who/what/why of the nova, and likely fail miserably. Godlike power granted to a random mortal human for no reason whatsoever runs counter to the premise behind all of the Exalts. The closest Exalted analogue to a nova that I've found plausible is an embryonic or infant Primordial. If true, realizing that would make for quite the "oh s***" moment on part of the Exalts.

5- If the nova's Tainted, expect Exalts to consider him/her to be mutated by the Wyld.

6- Expect the political situation of Creation to become even more unstable than it already is, thanks to the introduction of a powerful & unpredictable x-factor into the equation.

As for anything more specific than that, I'm leaving it to those with a more detailed understanding of Exalted 2e than mine. ::laugh

• 2 months later...

I actually ran an aberrant campaign that putthe characters in Creation for 7 years, they ended up having to destroy it to get home. Worked out pretty well. Most people figured the characters were gods or elementals since their powers were so potent and broad in scope.

Various factions vied for control of them, they ended up changing sides a handful of times as it suited their plans. I had a few characters die off since they developed the "I'm staying" fever and I had told everyone explicitly to create characters with strong ties to the regular setting so they would have reasons to want to go back. I wanted them to be year one eruptees that would rival the heavy weights of canon without either "powerful eruptions" huge taint or the "where the hell did these guys come from" issue so they erupted, disappeared and came back 7 years later. The telepath bypassed the language learning issue by uploading languages but there were still a lot of cultural mismatches. It ran for about a year and a half, every weekend for about 6-7 hours, all in all pretty cool. Eventually they figured out that essence and quantum were similar but where essence was like ballet quantum was more liske moshing. Ultimately Mastery One made it really easy to compete with the higher powered Exalts who were stuck using perfect defenses and attacks, stunting left and right to maintain the willpower reserves to power those charms.

yeah it was cool.

If you want to get back soon head south, beat the crap out of the yellow dragon that uards the reserves of Yasal crystals. Then hire a solar smith or if you have EM Earth or Molecular Manip, turn the Crystals into one big Crystal and start luring all the elementals of one type into it until they become the original big elemental. After that repeat for each element and make them all agree to find a way to send you home in return for putting them back together the right way and letting them out of the crystal. If you're quantum 5 or better you should not have an issue doing all this in a few months.

Archived