Aberrant RPG - Deathklok as an example on Mega-Socials?

blushing_bunny

For some reason while watching an episode of Cartoon Networks hit series Deathklok Aberrant creep ed into my mind when the series protagonists, a group of death metal R.O.C.K stars with a pension for causing destruction, mayhem, and upheaval where ever they travel despite their genuine and general antipathy for anything and everything not having to do with them or their metal.

The economy of the world is literally based upon how much music these guys sell, their every effort to appear humanitarian (And this of course is only when not to do so would cost them money, or tax-cuts) ends in catastrophe for all involved but themselves, from unleashing an endless horde of starving, horny, angry kittens upon an island for the severely deformed and retarded.

To get the band to perform again to save the world market, ended with hundreds of countries donating the worst prisoners from every nook and cranny of the world to be used in a live performance piece where the band executed the prisoners with their own outlandish methods--However it all goes horribly wrong when these millions of prisoners, the most hardened, brutal rapists, predators, murders, beyond words---Mens whose countries had long since given up on, and condemened them to death---Were set free by accident into the American wilderness...And the World smiled and thanked deathklok for the contribution.

I was wondering if this would be a good example of what really high Mega-Soc's can do? And if not, what do you guys think the limitations are?

Also, I have been wondering for a character I wanna play if I can get another Abby game going; I want him to have high Mega Soc's, Ugliness, positive Charisma, and Manipulation. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how such a being would interact with the world of Abby?

Re: Deathklok & Mega-Socials-

::blink That setting sounds like an idea that Adam Warren (writer of the U.S. Dirty Pair comic) would come up with whilst high on something illegal. I might have to check it out. ::devil

Back to the question, the Deathklok situation does sound like a fair example of Mega-Socials at high ratings, but only to a point. AFAICT that setting is heavily geared towards social satire & black comedy, meaning that the people in that world will put up with a LOT more of Deathklok's mistreatment of them than would folks in a (kind of/sort of) realistic world like that of Aberrant.

Then again, it looks like it took increasing general levels of Taint among most novas (and the consequent irrational behavior & penalties for social interactions with baselines) plus reaching a critical point in the number of baselines personally injured/harmed (physically, psychologically, emotionally, financially etc.) for the baseline community to turn against novas en masse by 2049.

After that, it seems that Mega-Social novas ceased to have any real influence on baseline culture. I expect that most nova-produced media products were destroyed by then, in the same manner that people trashed their Cat Stevens recordings after he voiced his approval of the Iranian fatwa against Salman Rushdie.

Of course, all of that's based on my viewpoint, & YMMV. ::cool

I want him to have high Mega Soc's, Ugliness, positive Charisma, and Manipulation. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how such a being would interact with the world of Abby?
A likeable horror, or you can wear a mask. People who fit that description include Doctor Doom and possibly Thanos.

• 5 months later...

Archived