O-Sensei

Sad to say, very few of the Teragen Pantheon have been statted out in any of the canon or fan-produced books. You can find a full writeup of Raoul Orzaiz (circa 2008) in the Aberrant Storytellers Screen. A partial writeup of Divis Mal is in Aberrant: Worldwide Phase 1, & a (probably) full writeup of Turncoat can be found in Aberrant: Worldwide Phase 2. (It's focused on when he was impersonating Proteus agent Maurice Loutre, so some of the minor details had been changed.) A writeup of Bounty can be found an EON's own Aberrant: A Breed Apart.

Unless someone here at EON, N!Prime or Ba'alts Aberrant site has statted out any of the other Terats, you'll probably have to hammer out stats for Geryon & friends yourself. ::wink

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS O-Sensei !!!!

If you want a feel for it you can look in AB:Teragen at their philes.

Better still, the question is, what do you want Geryon to do?

Crush the PCs? Are any of them combat oriented? No? Then Mega-Str 3 works prettty well.

If one of the PCs is somewhat combat oriented then you can just make Geryon buff enough to take that one guy and you're there.

Or... if one of the PCs is *seriously* combat oriented (aka The Dark Matter Destroyer), then you need to decide whether or not you actually want Geryon to be bigger and badder than that PC.

Sad to say, very few of the Teragen Pantheon have been statted out in any of the canon or fan-produced books. You can find a full writeup of Raoul Orzaiz (circa 2008) in the Aberrant Storytellers Screen. A partial writeup of Divis Mal is in Aberrant: Worldwide Phase 1, & a (probably) full writeup of Turncoat can be found in Aberrant: Worldwide Phase 2. (It's focused on when he was impersonating Proteus agent Maurice Loutre, so some of the minor details had been changed.) A writeup of Bounty can be found an EON's own Aberrant: A Breed Apart.

Unless someone here at EON, N!Prime or Ba'alts Aberrant site has statted out any of the other Terats, you'll probably have to hammer out stats for Geryon & friends yourself. ::wink

The writeup of Orzaiz is auctually in the storytellers book, not the screen :P

Thanks Alex!!! ::biggrin

I have most of the books, but my players follows the OpNet pretty close for differnt ratings of Elites and Teragen badasses like Geryon and I have introduced Geryon as the badest motherf..... of close combat. I was hoping to find his stats somewhere, so that he was balanced against the other characters of worldwide I & II, but I guess i'll have to make up his stats them.......... ::sad

I have some problems understanding the explosive extra, damage is reduced by 1 pr. 3 meter from the center, but if you dodge you evade all damage, but how do you determine how far the characters, who do not dodge all the successes from the attack, are according to the damage? Should'nt you take less damage even if you don't dodge all the 2hit succes, but just some of them??? ::brick

I have some problems understanding the explosive extra, damage is reduced by 1 pr. 3 meter from the center, but if you dodge you evade all damage, but how do you determine how far the characters, who do not dodge all the successes from the attack, are according to the damage? Should'nt you take less damage even if you don't dodge all the 2hit succes, but just some of them???
Teleport (I think) has rules for direction for being off. As for the rest, I don't think you really *can* dodge that sort of thing. What you have to do is simply move out of the area of effect (although this may be my Champs background talking).

Well, one option is to say that you make an appropriate dex + ability or power roll, with each sux moving you 1 meter away from the center or towards cover. . . but I don't find it hugely satisfying.

I'm somewhat spoiled by BESM in this regard, where Area attacks *are* dodgable, just like normal attacks, and if the attack is so big that its not conceivable to get out of its area ( GM's discretion ), successful dodge halves the damage taken.

Well, first of all I'd move the explosion at least one hex away, so that's probably 2 meters per succ. Or we could even roll for direction and then roll again for distance.

As for dodging for half, considering we're talking explosion and not area, presumably they could take cover. Something as simple as hiding behind a car or tree could be huge if you're getting rid of most or all of the autosucc.

I was thinking something like:

- if you have enough movement to get you out of the area completly (quantum leap, teleport, hypermovement ect. ect.) and you succed on your dodge roll = no damage.

- if you have enough movement (as above) but don't have enough successes for a complete dodge, you move 2-3 meters pr. succes away from the center of the explosion.

- if you don't have enough movement (none of the above mentionent powers) to get you out of the area, each dodge success above the 2hit successes moves you 2-3 meters away from the explosion.

cover have to be evaluated on a case to case basis.

Next question: immolate, how does that work combined with a physical attack? You do whatever bashing damage with your fist, but your immolate is lethal damage, so is all the damage converted to lethal or do you do both bashing and lethal damage, so your opponent gets to soak the damage as to separate attacks??? ::brick

Also WW:Phase II a guy has immolate with explosion extra, how does that work, a maintenance power with a instant extra? does the immolate explode on every action or is like a buildup power ::confused

My read on this is that Immolate is *always* it's own attack, and doesn't stack on anything else. It doesn't say it converts damage or anything because it doesn't. You do a Martial punch on someone and they take punch damage then they take Immolate damage. Ditto a sword or chain if you can attune it.

This has the advantage of not needing to introduce massive rules that don't make any sense and aren't in the book.

RE: Explosion

The first thing to realize is that he's only purchased Explosion on his Flight, not his Strength or his other powers. My book isn't in front of me but I think that limits him to something like 8 dice, not 20[20]. Similarly, if you buy Claws+Area the claw damage is area but the strength damage is not. Claws stacks on Strength, Strength doesn't stack on Claws. For that guy I'd make him pay 3 q to turn on flight and then another 3 q to activate Explosion.

The second thing to realize is that many of the characters in that book don't follow the rules. Two of the sections are pretty good, but in the other two I think I counted 12+ different problems. Disin+Extra with a guy that has Q5; A fire guy that erupted in a gun battle with a one bullet life span (etc x many).

So if you do lethal h2h damage from claws or whatever and you also have immolate the damage don't stack, but counts as two different attacks?

The flight or hypermovement/explosion is a bit weird, but I was thinking of the final scenario in WW Phase II with a guy with immolate/explosion......????

There are many mistakes with different charachters in the books, also a girl who eruptes during a nova fight, catches a quantumbolt and throws it back at the attacking nova, but the girl only have quantum leech...... ::rolleyes

So if you do lethal h2h damage from claws or whatever and you also have immolate the damage don't stack, but counts as two different attacks?
Exactly. Immolate is a really solid (and under used) power all by itself without stacking. It works very well with extra or multiple attacks and also shuts down HTH or even Melee types who try to do the same to you. It also lets you do things like walk through walls and the like.
The flight or hypermovement/explosion is a bit weird, but I was thinking of the final scenario in WW Phase II with a guy with immolate/explosion......????
Now this can be done, or at least there's no rules against it. Immolate is an attack power that does damage (as opposed to flight).

Extending the effect over a range like this is pretty grim on the surroundings and going to leave a lot of bodies and wreaked buildings, but hey, it does fit the character and the background. As I recall he has other problems like have Disin with an extra and having "Ranged" on a power that is already Ranged. Mr. Disin has the added problems of having a very low dex with such a massively dex based power, and the guy picked to fight him also has a problem since he doesn't have an defenses against Aggravated attacks... but they're both supposed to be bush-league types so I can't bring myself to object.

There are many mistakes with different charachters in the books, also a girl who eruptes during a nova fight, catches a quantumbolt and throws it back at the attacking nova, but the girl only have quantum leech...... ::rolleyes
Imprint I would guess. I'm more troubled by her background's implication that she's using her QI at range.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Wait, so this is at least semi-offical?
- Alex Green

I can say only this much. "Dr. Neutron" on the WW forum (in 2003) claimed that these were the numbers "He" used when working on the Aberrant books for determining..."how scenarios should workout "

I did a couple google searches and found this site still hosting the stuff:

Quantum Continuom

Archived