Aberrant RPG - Abberant War

Metallo

Hello all, new guy here.

I just had a couple quick questions for you guys. Currently me and some friends are working through the WW books (really enjoying it so far) and we're looking for stuff to do once we're done. I noticed on the main Eon site it says they're working on an andventure for the abberant war period, but it doesn't give a possible release date.

So question one is, anyone know when these are coming out?

and question 2, If not anyone know where I can find a good adventure that someone esle has done for the period post WW 2, aberrant war etc.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS METALLO!!!

Have you checked out our fan fiction / fan suppliments area? I.e. "Downloads" to the left of the "sitemap".

Yeah, I have. doesn't seem to be any aberrant adventures available for download atm. I did some more trolling around the variorus forums and found the only mention of the work-in-progress aberrant module is in the "inactive projects" fourm. And it seems to require a password. :P

So I was kinda wondering if anyone who happens to browse these forums might know of somewhere were I could find an adventure set in that war?

• 3 weeks later...

I do not know if anyone is still working on an e-book for the time of the Aberrant war. Therefore, I suggest you find Heritage's "War Journal" campaign (I believe inactive) and read through just about everything. It is set during the war, with the PCs part of a middle-of-the-road group known as the Greens, who believe in human-nova cooperation and are just trying to survive. It probably won't give you a worldwide view, but it might give you some good ideas.

Also, just in general, look at apocalypse and post-apocalypse novels and movies and see what they have to say about the moment that society started its breakdown. Specifically I recommend "Lucifer's Hammer" by Larry Niven, since it starts when nobody realizes that anything is wrong, and goes through the events of the entire apocalypse to the other side. Same thing with "Nightfall" by Isaac Asimov, though I think Niven carries over the horror and fear of the apocalypse much better than Asimov.

I do not know if anyone is still working on an e-book for the time of the Aberrant war. Therefore, I suggest you find Heritage's "War Journal" campaign (I believe inactive) and read through just about everything. It is set during the war, with the PCs part of a middle-of-the-road group known as the Greens, who believe in human-nova cooperation and are just trying to survive. It probably won't give you a worldwide view, but it might give you some good ideas.

Also, just in general, look at apocalypse and post-apocalypse novels and movies and see what they have to say about the moment that society started its breakdown. Specifically I recommend "Lucifer's Hammer" by Larry Niven, since it starts when nobody realizes that anything is wrong, and goes through the events of the entire apocalypse to the other side. Same thing with "Nightfall" by Isaac Asimov, though I think Niven carries over the horror and fear of the apocalypse much better than Asimov.

Feel free to steal, borrow or exploit any of the stuff you see in the War Journal game area - the 'WJ Goodies' thread has most of the good stuff, but I haven't checked all the links in a while.

BTW, can someone PLEASE move the WJ folder over to the Inactive Games thread? It just sits there, taunting us all ::sad

edit: So apparently none of the links work anymore. Damn you, Imagethrust! Damn you to HELL!

• 5 weeks later...

Here is one adventure I put together last December.

Aberrant: Outbreak

An Adventure that draws the players into Southeastern Asia: Jakarta.

Its a pretty simple adventure, fairly linear, but it was what I broke my PCs into the system after the GM Screen adventure.

Let me know if you like it.

Gideon

[EDIT] I shoul dclarify that this has nothing to do with Aberrant War, but it IS an adventure, which there so few around.

Archived