Amazing RPG Webcomic

phoenix

I've been reading a webcomic lately called Order of the Stick. It's absolutely hilarious.

The setting is extremely similar to Dungeons and Dragons, with the main characters being members of an adventuring party. The longest-standing joke in the series is that the characters are comically aware of their own game's mechanics - for example, they berate each other for failing a Spot check, discuss their Alignments, and make plans based on their knowledge of an enemy's Class limitations and such. ::laugh

In general, it's just a well-executed, hilarious webcomic from a guy who clearly knows exactly what he's doing. Its only drawback is that its audience is somewhat restricted as an RPG comic. But obviously, that's not a problem for you guys - I strongly recommend you check it out. ::ultracool

Dude...you were seriously sleeping on that one! BlueNinja got me into OOTS quite some time ago.

Yeah everybody, what he says...and don't forget to check out the battle for Gobwin Nob comic there also...it takes a bit to get into its quirky feel but you are quickly immersed in its coolness. It does for Wargaming what OOTS does for RPing.

Here is one of my favorite strips from Order of the Stick. The name of this strip is: It's a Type of Boat. ::laugh

I always figured Roy was the author's favorite.

Belkar is a nasty, evil thug who makes a great foil for the other characters. As for Paladins, with the substitution of that "good" Paladin for that "lawful - insane" Paladin I think they'll be shown better.

Not a fan. It had potential, but the author likes Belkar far, far too much, and appears to subscribe to the same "Shit upon the paladins" idiocy that takes over too many D&D campaign settings.

You may not be reading it in the right spirit. To me anyways Belkar is hilarious! What you must realize is that it is a parody of roleplaying games and characters. Belkar is supposed to be making fun of those vicious nasty ruthless players who just want to kill everything. And as Mr. Green says he makes an excellent foil. And besides, who wouldn't want to make fun of paladins! ::tongue

That may be true, except he also tries to write something resembling a plot. . .

*shrug* Call it too many years of really bad D&D setting supps, aggravated by too many bad comics. I get very twitch about anything that goes for "CE > LG".

Dude...its satire...

Archived