Aberrant RPG - Novas and Weaponry

As in all things, it depends. For the elites game a lot of weapons are used, up to and including the BFG. For the others... mostly the PCs don't kill people that often so they aren't really needed. As a rule of thumb, weapons are for use on baselines.

• 1 month later...

As in all things, it depends. For the elites game a lot of weapons are used, up to and including the BFG. For the others... mostly the PCs don't kill people that often so they aren't really needed. As a rule of thumb, weapons are for use on baselines.

My current Nova uses a couple .457 revolvers currently. Mostly because its a lot easier to toss them around with my magnetic mastery when they have a few slugs in 'em. :P

Interesting... I hadn't even considered that, but it sounds very do-able.

Other my magnetokenesis is pretty limited, and we have yet to get in a fight on a city street. So I haven't had the chance to try and pick up a car and smahs someone with it yet. :P

Other my magnetokenesis is pretty limited, and we have yet to get in a fight on a city street. So I haven't had the chance to try and pick up a car and smahs someone with it yet. :P
We had a magnetic manip running with our elites group and he did pretty well. How many dots do you have in that?

Our guy had Q4 and 4 dots.

On our first mission we were to wipe out a military base. Him, two bricks, a teleporter, and a swordsman.... and he did BY FAR most of the killing. Real simple. He whipped up a mag storm, covered most of the base, and every baseline took lots and lots of damage until they died. I'm not sure all of us combined have yet to equal what he did in that first mission.

In the next set it was against another team of elites, and one of their key guys was based on tech which he just shut down with a finger snap. On paper I'm not sure he would have looked all that effective, but he tended to work out real well. Probably his single most impressive move was getting Mega-App(Mirroring) and then using it against Gaal and Najarian (the nova cameramen types), thus hijacking their mega-socials to further his curreer for that interview.

Magnetic Mastery does tend to totally screw over the opponent in certain situations. Particularly against baseline or weapon-using opponents, as virtually all modern weapons use lots of metal.

It gets even worse at Q6, than you start getting "Magneto vs Army" situations. . .

Oh yeah, believe me I'm not denying its power. We just did the gaberial part of WW1 and had to deal with the proteus agents. I used my MM to assit my shots from my magnums and blew Leo's brains across the wall in one round. :P

The only thing about the current situation is mainly our combat has been against nova's that dont heavily rely on enough metal. I still did pretty well though, but that character is now a agaisnt the other players. So I gotta create a new guy. :P

I am developing Magnetic Mastery in my friend's online game I must say that It will really be helpful against less powerful or Baseline opponents. I get some neat tricks, but i will become bad-ass when i get mastery on it as then I can black out entire city blocks. Talk about mass chaos!

Archived