Adventure! RPG: American Revenants - AR - Discussion Thread

phoenix

We're back, or at least I'm back. It may be a little longer before my bro gets back considering he had a few flights and another drive to get back home while I only had about a three hour drive. Not to mention Cottus was also saying that his internet has been giving him some real trouble of late. However, he did say that if phoenix was going to 'drop out' he would likely just take over STing himself. So as far as I know the game should be resuming hopefully fairly quickly.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Ok guys, it's been about a week since I came back and, despite it being the holidays, I've actually had a fair bit more free time than I thought I would for this site. So I'm thinking about resurrecting this game if there's still interest in it. Since I no longer have phoenix to rely on for half of the STing and creative input I still need to look everything over, go over my old notes, and rethink a few things, so it'd be another week or two before I could really get things back up and running again, but if you guys are interested then I'll certainly give it a shot.

So post here if you want your American Revenant back!

Any chance you wanna take on another player with the new incarnation of this game? I can't pass up a chance at a zombie game.
Yeah, I think probably I'll have room for you. Just make sure you familiarize yourself with the OOC and IC threads so that you know what's expected/allowed, and all that (this is by no means a typical A! game). PM me with any questions/concepts.

Yeah, I think probably I'll have room for you. Just make sure you familiarize yourself with the OOC and IC threads so that you know what's expected/allowed, and all that (this is by no means a typical A! game). PM me with any questions/concepts.

Awesome, thanks. I've read a bit of it, looks pretty cool, I'll make sure to get familiar with everything and get you a character concept in the next few days.

Ok, so right now the old players who've expressed interest in coming back are:

Alex Green

Shade Sentinal

Old players who've said nothing so far are:

Sky Lion

Ezekiel

ProfPotts

Archer

Blade90 (he never posted but his character was most of the way to approved)

New player's who've expressed interest are:

Sablesma

So is this it? Anyone of you other folks want to jump back in? Get in here and let me know one way or the other alright?! Actually, even if some of you fail to notice this thread, or simply can't make up your mind for a while, it's ok if you try to come back in later. The fact that everyone's in a different part of the city makes it exceptionally easy to avoid continuity breaks (or at least that's my working theory so far...).

Just a quick update for you guys:

Some of you already know that I've been having some computer problems lately, which I thought I'd got all sorted out. Unfortunately, it seems that's not the case. The power supply for my desktop shorted out on me yesterday, and it looks like it's shot for good. ::glare

I still have to find out if it's *just* the power supply that's shot on my pc, or if there are other, more serious problems with it as well. I'm hoping it's just the power supply though.

Until I get that resolved I don't have access to my notes for AR (or much of anything else for that matter), so that pretty much sucks. However, I will (or at least I *should* <knocks on wood>) still have access to the internet, and I can probably recreate most of my notes anyway, so hopefully I'll still be able to get this game up and running by the end of next week.

One thing that I *don't* think I can recreate from memory is your character sheets. So, those of you who still want to play, if you would: please PM me your sheets so that I have access to those right away.

Thanks guys.

Sorry I haven't gotten to you with my character yet Cottus...but you should have something from me today or tomorrow. I've now revised it to a high school football player from the rural south who is in the big city for some sketchy recruiting business by some college football boosters. Looks like he should have stayed home...

Just to let you guys know, with Zeke's post up, I am writing up responses to your posts, and will be posting them as soon as I can. Right now we have what I'll politely refer to as a "situation" at my work, and as "Upper" Management I have to spend lots of time there resolving things (...yay...), so my schedule kind of sucks right now. But I should be able to get your responses up either late tonight or tomorrow morning. I just didn't want you guys to think I'm slacking off or anything.

A quick update: I'm in the final stages of negotiations with Sablesma and Blade90 concerning their new PCs, so we should have two new players (hopefully) by the next round of posts (yay- now I'll only have six posts to respond to every time a new round starts up... ::rolleyes - I must be a glutton for punishment or something).

Is this your roundabout way of telling me you do want to come back Sky? I never did get a straight answer the last time we chatted.

Yes. ::cool

Gmail has a handy chat log btw. I didn't realize I wasn't clear. I just need to catch up. Which could take a bit.

Yes. ::cool

Gmail has a handy chat log btw. I didn't realize I wasn't clear. I just need to catch up. Which could take a bit.

Sounds good my friend. I'll PM you your xp and include a post for your character in the next batch (good lord, seven players - what was I thinking ::wacko ).

In other news, thanks to archer's technical expertise in the form of friendly advice, I got my desktop back up and running last night! So I now have access to all of my old notes for AR!

[ooc: What's the "woman" doing?]
I was gonna tell you that, but Bunny just barely scored a single success on her awareness roll, so I didn't think she'd have time, under the circumstances, to see what all three zombies were doing at once. But I mean, she is a zombie with fresh stripper-meat only paces away, so there's really only so many possibilities, y'know? ::wink

I was gonna tell you that, but Bunny just barely scored a single success on her awareness roll, so I didn't think she'd have time, under the circumstances, to see what all three zombies were doing at once. But I mean, she is a zombie with fresh stripper-meat only paces away, so there's really only so many possibilities, y'know? ::wink

Oh I meant what's she doing if/when she clears through the man's legs...I figured she wouldn't know while she's on her back on a zombie child and looking at another zombie reaching towards her... ::wink

I must say, playing a killer-death-stripper-of doom in a zombie world is a lot of fun!

Anyone else having trouble with the drag-down color menu while posting?

I always just use this and manually type in the color I want using the code. I haven't used the drop down menu in months.

Although I just tried it and it works fine for me. Have you maybe turned the "Guided Mode" off by accident?

I always just use this and manually type in the color I want using the code. I haven't used the drop down menu in months.

Although I just tried it and it works fine for me. Have you maybe turned the "Guided Mode" off by accident?

Nope, guided still works, I might just be having weird browser trouble. Thanks

*Focus John, You've got three quarters of a tank of gas, call it 30 gals at 10 mpg, that's 300 miles.*
Is this dramatic editing, or just wishful thinking? ::confused

I'll go ahead and tell you that as it stands you don't have anywhere near that amount of gas in your "new wheels", and there is a reason for that. But if you want to Dramatically Edit yourself a tank of gas that's fine, I'll reshuffle the plot behind the scenes.

Is this dramatic editing, or just wishful thinking?

Wild ass guess. He's also wrong about both the gas tank size (which I haven't looked up) and the mpg (which is at least 12). Put in the actual gas level next post as he starts actually checking these things. Actually, more than likely it has an electronic counter which goes backwards and tells him more or less exactly how much he has (although my experience with these is that they hit zero when they really mean 10).

Hey, it's cool. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page, and I wasn't accidentally ignoring or missing something (such as an attempt at Dramatic Editing). In the future just be cautious about these sorts of assumptions. I tend to make Awareness and Intelligence rolls for you guys on a semi-regular basis (and a few other kinds as well, but not as common), and I try to describe the scene based off how well you guys do on these rolls. So if I don't specifically tell you something it usually has to do with your character not scoring enough successes on one or the other rolls to have noticed something or to have put two and two together and come to the correct conclusion about something.

Of course, with Dramatic Editing, anything's possible, so you may not have noticed something because it simply isn't there, or you may look again and see that it's something else entirely.

Still, if there's something you want to know about, but I don't mention it in a post, feel free to ask. It's possible that it's something your character would have known/noticed, but I forgot about it or didn't think it was important for some reason in which case I'll happily tell you. Alternately it could be something that your character simply hasn't noticed/doesn't know, and again, I'll happily tell you that as well.

Archived