Adventure! RPG: American Revenants - AR - Discussion Thread

phoenix

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Alex, you really did your homework! ::thumbup

Just a heads up for everyone though, neither myself nor phoenix actually live in or around New York, so our knowledge of its finer details is not so good. So expect to periodically see geographical inconsistencies and/or flat out errors. Just consider this kind of thing to be due to the story being in a different universe, so a few minor differences are bound to crop up every once in a while.

As for the PCs meeting up together, I wouldn't worry about that too much. This entire story is practically one big huge Deus Ex Machina in action, so it shouldn't be too difficult. And anyway, the distance between where John is in Queens and David is in Manhattan is only around six miles or so in a straight line, maybe eight or nine miles if you take the roads. You guys aren't that far apart, and John is currently the furthest character out from the rest of you. So don't worry too much about it. ::wink

Shade, just in case you're wondering, you're in the Bronx, just across the Hudson from the northern end of Manhattan. You told me to pick where you'd be and all that, so you were living in Washington Heights (which is where you were headed), and you're now just across the way, a litte south of Kings Bridge in the Bronx. You're also not that terribly far north of where Sky's character is.

Can I know the name of the little girl now? Dunno what to post...

or don't I know her...

You can't remember the name of the family that lives there (you failed your Intelligence roll, sorry), but you're pretty sure the girl's name is Mandy, cuz she seems to want to chat you up whenever you run into eachother in the hall (or at least, that's how it's been in the past...). You've seen her a few times in the hall, since you live so close together and all, but you've never really met her family, just exchanged pleasantries once or twice maybe. You've gotten the impression that her parents don't approve of you though (but I'd think you'd be used to that kind of thing by now ::wink )

Apparently Mandy knows you better than you know her however, because she recognized your voice through a door.

Hey - forum-control-type-blokes: any reason AR hasn't got its own little sub-section yet like other games? ::confused

Sorry, but us Mods can't really do so. That takes Admin level so it's up to Jackson Creed. I'm sure he'll get around to it though if we ask him.

I'm still waiting for him to go and delete all the spam bots from our membership roster...it will be cool to see a real census of Eonites...

Ah... I forget how young some of the guys on this site are... ::wink

ZARDOZ

Don't worry Prof, not all of us young guys are in the dark about these things. I've not only heard of Zardoz, I've seen it. I don't know if I agree that it was "so bad it's good" though. I could have lived my whole life happily without ever seeing Sean Connery in that speedo outfit, of that much I'm sure.

Sorry about the lack of posts guys. I've been busy reworking more or less every aspect of my life that doesn't have to do with this forum: new car, new job, looking at a new place to live, etc. Oh, and my Dad came to town kind of out of the blue, so I was hanging out with him too.

So I've been more preoccupied then I thought I'd be when last week first started. Hopefully things will return to normal for me tomorrow or the next day. Again, I'm really sorry for making you all wait so long. That was definitely not my intention. ::blush

-Cottus

Sorry about the lack of posts guys. I've been busy reworking more or less every aspect of my life that doesn't have to do with this forum: new car, new job, looking at a new place to live, etc. Oh, and my Dad came to town kind of out of the blue, so I was hanging out with him too.

So I've been more preoccupied then I thought I'd be when last week first started. Hopefully things will return to normal for me tomorrow or the next day. Again, I'm really sorry for making you all wait so long. That was definitely not my intention. ::blush

-Cottus

While you are revamping everthing I suggest getting DSL so I can finally share a file with you before we grow old... ::tongue

He’s far more interested in the dead guy he saw running full tilt up behind the Blood-Drenched Dude when he bent over so he could upchuck.

Okay - this may be a stupid request considering the stated subject matter of the game, but is there any chance of getting a description of supposed 'dead guy'? I ask because, let's face it, the first guy Buddy met was described as looking pretty zombie-like - & Buddy didn't shoot him. After all, I'm not trying to make the guy into a psycho here - he's not about to start shooting people for no good reason. Now, being the animated dead may well be a good enough reason to get you shot but, his B-movie-inspired persona aside, there's actually not much reason for Buddy to believe that guy 2 is a zombie any more than guy 1 is... Maybe they both are, maybe neither - who knows?

Put another way - am I to take the 'dead guy' description as meaning that Buddy knows for a fact that guy 2 is the walking dead? If so, how does he know? Is the guy an animated skeleton or something? Or does he just look like a plague victim, like pretty much everyone else has over the past week or so? 'Dead guy' is, at this point, kinda' vague... ::unsure

Sorry Prof, I should have been more descriptive considering what had just happened to your character. I used the term "Dead Guy" in a slightly sarcastic manner to go along with Buddy's sarcastic, unfazable attitude, hence the other man becoming the "Blood-Drenched Dude". It was also to indicate that, zombie or not, he does look distinctly dead.

I'll try and be more clear on this sort of thing in the future, but the truth of the matter is that Buddy doesn't know for sure whether the guy is dead or not. He just knows that an individual, who looks very much like what he (Buddy, a B-movie buff) would expect a "walking dead" person to look like (gore-spattered, grayish skin tone, sunken eye sockets, clouded over eyes and a dead stare - Y'know, typical zombie stuff), is running at full speed towards the "Blood-Drenched Dude". And Buddy could be wrong, but his Intuition ( ::wink ) is telling him the "Dead Guy" isn't friendly.

As to whether he's actually a zombie or not... ? Well I guess you'll find out pretty quick, one way or the other! ::biggrin

(But, I mean, he is running, right? And there aren't any running zombies in this game ...right? ::unsure )

Hopefully this helps.

::biggrin For your insolence, every person that Buddy encounters of any description - from the obviously undead to the obviously alive to other PCs - will now be referred to as 'zombies'. WE'LL SEE WHO MAKES SENSE OF OUR LATE-NIGHT PROSE NOW ::tongue

Sorry about the delay people. Shade has been keeping me locked in his basement with a gag in my mouth and my hands wrapped around his...oops...AWKWARD!

Seriously though, I have been slammed with preparations for going out to Burning Man for my birthday this year and believe it or not have been sneaking in time to date a couple people.

This week is going to be extremely busy, and starting on the 26th I will be afk for a week at least possibly up to two. Feel free to NPC me or skip me as needed.

Thanks!

Ah SHOOT!!! ::brick ::huh

Should have seen that coming... not that it might have changed John's actions. He probably would have done exactly the same thing, given the information he's working on, but just the same *I* should have seen that coming.

Well done ST(s). ::laugh

::biggrin Cheers! That one was all Cottus, though I found it entertaining to watch.

Just so everyone knows, I haven't been posting for a few days because I'm on the road right now - currently in North Carolina, on my way back to Nashville for school. I will be arriving there on Sunday, and my girlfriend will be getting back the next day.

Come to think of it, don't expect much from me for a while. ::wink But don't worry, although I will be very busy at school, I still plan on keeping on posting for this game every couple of days.

Ello everyone. Just to let you all know, I should be joining in here pretty quick. When my bro (Cottus, as Im sure most of you know by now) told me he was one of the STs in a game, well I felt I just had to join in. So I used some of my spare cash and bought the Adventure! book from Drive Through RPG last night and already have most of my character worked up. Just need to get a few details worked out with Cottus and then I should be ready to go. Basically though my idea so far is my character is a junk/scrapyard owner that recently developed some full on and fairly strong telekinetic abilities. Psychic hand, Teledigitation, and Mindhammer knacks. ::happy

• 2 weeks later...
Ello everyone. Just to let you all know, I should be joining in here pretty quick. When my bro (Cottus, as Im sure most of you know by now) told me he was one of the STs in a game, well I felt I just had to join in. So I used some of my spare cash and bought the Adventure! book from Drive Through RPG last night and already have most of my character worked up. Just need to get a few details worked out with Cottus and then I should be ready to go. Basically though my idea so far is my character is a junk/scrapyard owner that recently developed some full on and fairly strong telekinetic abilities. Psychic hand, Teledigitation, and Mindhammer knacks. ::happy

Cool!

Thats what Li-Shen has from the dormant In Search of Inspiration game.

Oh yeah...I'm back! ::biggrin

::blink

::unsure

...and for some reason Im not as slammed with missed posts as I would have thought...has Potts not returned yet?

Ive been working for the last 5 days or so so give me time to catch up on the IC thread and i can post soon.

Cheers all!

Heres another zombie shooter game if anyones interested. Not quite as good as the 'Last Stand' game posted earlier, and it can be extremely easy at first. But it gets even harder than last stand toward the end. However Im not sure if its a bug or what but when I played I eventually I got to a level where no zombies came out at all and I was just stuck.

http://www.funny-games.biz/hungryarethedead.html

Phoenix is back in school, starting a band and hanging out with his hot asian gf...last we spoke he said the game wasn't likely to resume any time in the near future. On the other hand maybe Cottus will take over. He's at a family reunion back home right now but his brother promised to have hime check in soon. The Dude Abides...

Archived