Trinity Universe: Legends!

Du0

Legends on Earth! Did you Erupt only to find you strongly resemble something in a Monster Manual?

The Tolkein society in conjunction with Viasoft's Wizards of the Coasts (that's right they're bicoastal now!) is putting together a corporately sponsored team of Novas who bear strong resemblances to the Legendary creatures popularized in fiction and Myth. We plan on offering a competitve salary. We've already established a strong tie with Project Utopia to help you hone whatever unique gifts you now bear and put them to use.

Should you sign with the Legends! team you'll become the public faces of a subculture that's existed since the nineteen 70's. So please contact our corporate liason Gorgeous at his Email address:

Beholderhead@hotmail.com

(OOC: seriously, if you want to play send a quick write up of your character concept to the above address. Your character should be themed aroun some kind of "classic monster" so a Mindflayer, Elf, Dragon, or Elemental are all classic examples, just give me an idea of what you're going for and I'll send back a copy of the build rules and a couple of house rules.)

Play by Email? that sounds more cumbersome than Play by Post...how would that work? And assuming it does work, what are the character generation rules/guidlines? I am guessing high taint...

I disagree, every PBP I've been involved in has consistently dragged out and failed while my PBEM games have all run for close to a year with hundreds of messages shot back and forth, it eliminates the need to scroll through hundreds of posts and when I clean things up for my records I can easily create 1 coherent Document for anyone who starts late.

It's easy enough to whip up a quick Email adress with your character name so your regular inbox doesn't get flooded or to set up a seperate folder for mail from the group.

Character build rules are as follows:

30 NP build, 25 freebies, no more than 14 freebies spent on Quantum Trait.

No NP spent on skills.

no more than 4 points in flaws.

No aberrations as flaws.

I have special rules for some of the higher end powers (Agg claws, matter chameleon, Telepathy, spatial manip, temporal manip) so please feel free to initiate a dialogue during character creation so we can hash out that kind of stuff.

also i'd like to have a group that operates as a group so let's get together and pick a type of game for you all to work together in;) Nova Celebrity, Combat oriented, Spiraling into madness or saving the world.

5 bonus XP for anyone that sends me a a page of concept/backstory.

I may also allow a "Build your perfect character" option if the group prefers (Subject to ST approval, Thor might be a bit much but a Lich might need a few more points than a starting character has). I've never had a problem creating challenges for a party of varying strengths so if you create a PC more on par with Bwana Beast and another player has Silver Surfer in mind you don't have to worry about him stealing the spotlight, He'll do his epic cosmic thing and you'll talk to animals etc.

Example: Player A makes a Huge Dragon while player B loves Kobolds and makes a Kobold. Player A will zoom around outside the fortress drawing fire and creating a Diversion while Player B sneaks into the Fortress through an air vent, tiny and nearly invisible. He uses his Trap Maker power (a variation of Molecular Manipulation's Destruct Technique or perhaps a Quantum Bolt with the Delayed or Trigger Extra) to fill the Fortress with traps that destroy it from the inside!

Or Something like that. I recommend you whip up 2 characters (or the same character twice) using the above rules and one where you use some wishcraft to make them. Obviously that does not mean 5 Dots in everything and Q10, rather you should pick your monster and try to create it as accurately as possible (with some tweaking for concept, like the aforementioned Kobold Trap Maker).

If you have a monster in mind that's rough to simulate, like a Barghest with its corpse eating power I can probably come up with a compromise we can all live with.

Monsters only? Or something lighter...say just for example...an elf? or something?

Yep, though you'd be either more tolkienesque like legolas or more first edition with a spread of fighting and "magic" ability. 3.5 DnD's elves would barely qualify as A! characters;)

a Dark Elf would work well. Giants and Titans are easy with colored skin or flaming hair and SM: Grow.

A Character with Claws and the Copycat enhancement is an easy Doppleganger.

But yes you can also take on the role of mythical monsters like Rumplestiltskin or Gnomes or other things. Out of place PCs would be Kryptonian styled, most of the Xmen except maybe Beast, Rahne and Archangel. Jean Grey would be out but Madelyn Pryor might be fine (Goblyn Queen).

I'm oopen to a lot of suggestions but "Human's with class levels" is out for a story related reason early on, which I'm hoping you'll find simultaneously cool and funny.

I've tried PBEM and it works pretty well. No time right now... and I'll lose my primary email address soon :(

so far i've only had one response. I'd really like another player so if you're interested now's the time.

One of the interesting things is that my games, much like life, are generally whatever they are despite your character. I encourage character interaction in all forms, so if you make a good guy and someone else makes a bad guy you may have a hard time being friends IC but you may find the antagonistic RP one of the most rewarding. Focus on making a character that you are interested in, a brainchild who's actions and dialogue flow readily out the fingers and onto the screen and let me work out how it all fits together.

good luck.

I'll be starting on July 1st so pls have any character submissions in by then, though i'm always willing to add players as the current scene allows. Don't worry about catching up, i usually do a sort of "News bulletin" with global events and blurbs about the character's daring do and occasionally a little artwork.

Ive never done PBEM before but I am interested. Ive been fooling around with a concept or two but Id still need to get a new email account and such...

I'm just using Hotmail. It's free and so is Gmail.

For those interested I'm also thinking of Starting a Legends SG on City of Heroes/City of Villians (probably villians) and trying what I call "Player created content" over there. I really need to figure out exactly how that would work though. Probably something where we all have Alts on both sides and I give a rough script to one side for PVP.

ahh well. Hope to hear from you Skylion.

• 4 months later...
Srry this never got off the ground, my personal life exploded in july and I've been soldering it back together ever since. If there's another game with room going on I'd like to play.

Hey Du0!

Good... you got my message! I hope that one day you will be up for a Legends Redux.

In the meantime, as per my above post check out Nprime.net. Dr. Raphael Bradford said he may be debuting a new game soon.

Around here these days there is just a new Adventure! game. If you are interested PM Shade Sentinel. I'm not sure if he has room for more players.

There is also BlueNinja's long running and curently slow moving Trans-D game. As far as I know it's full but Bahamut and Cottus have been MIA for awhile so we may have some slots open up next Episode.

Glad to have you back!

Archived