Aberrant RPG - Cloning Attunement

BlueNinja

I had this thought earlier while walking back from dinner.

If you have attunement, it lets you protect your stuff, as well as do nifty things like teleport your clothing and objects. So ... if you have Clone, does that mean that each Clone has their own Attunement rating? Or do they split the Attunement?

Because if they each have their own ... well, clones are basically the original nova when it comes to their aura, so if they all gathered around something and attuned it, then you could teleport stuff in the 100+kg range by calling a handful of extra yous to help tote the weight.

If they don't have their own, then any nova with Clone and powers like Teleport, Immolate, etc, is in for a nasty shock. Perhaps they can rotate it around each round? This would also effect Eufiber, as I'm not sure whether or not that would be Cloned or maintain the extra nifty effects that people use Weave for.

Hmm, one more. Since a Clone basically is a quantum power effect, can a Clone dorm down? If you dorm down, do all of your clones suddenly die a swift and painful death? Could you use that for entertainment purposes on N! ? ::unsure

Clones (per the APG) are identical to the original, so they don't split anything.

Clones can have attune, influence, allies, eufiber (etc) and make full use of them just like they could their skills.

I don't see why dorm would be an exception. Clones don't have the power clone, they don't maintain themselves, so if a clone dorms I don't see why that's a problem. If the original dorms then all clones vanish since he loses the power clone, but that's a different issue.

1) Er...I don't think that you can use that Attunement that way, however; Clone becomes a really nasty power really quickly (it would allow to pin a few people down and then use Q-Bolt(Area) on them with no effect on the clones. It would also allow you some very powerful combos (Teleport/Transmit would be just the beginning). I would have to rule that each clone's Attunement was only effective by the clone in question.

[Although I could see an extra that would allow you to combine Attunement and make clones immune to your power affects...]

2) As for dorming down, the clone would be effectively killing itself (Dorm kills any expenditure of Quantum, which is presumably what is powering the clone). If what you are trying to get, however, is a powered down spy or something to deal with your dates so that you can do something else (or just go on multiple dates), you may just need to Max out (yes, one of those few times I'd allow a max to buy a basically powered-down version), allowing the maintenance to be shifted to hours instead).

Interesting questions...

FR

What if a Clone uses Node Spark? Does the original nova get the temp Taint points? The Cloned nova isn't the original, though he gets the same powers. If he takes damage, only he takes it...the original is fine. Would this apply if he took temp Taint as well?

Clone + Homunculus must be fun. A small unit of Cloned novas can just break down into swarms and eat through an entire army (or building).

Clone + Healing. If a Cloned nova uses Healing on a certain target, does that mean that they're all restricted from uses Healing on that target again for the rest of the round? This could possibly bypass the Healing restriction.

And, of course, clone vs eclipsidol. Since all clones share a common quantum pool, once a clone has been dosed, the pool for all quickly drains out. Would this cause all the clones to vanish once the original has no quantum to access?

[i hate that there is an entirely different form of Clone in the APG than in the core book...Makes things weird sometimes! On the other, that took out the -1 to all attributes/clone penalty, so I like it better...]

1) Technically, Eclipsodol would affect only the targeted clone; the clone would burn the entire pool, but only he would be affected (this important for determining where the affects come from). Also, the clones wouldn't disappear until the end of their maintenance period.

2) Cloning + Homunculus: At Homunculus 5, yes, this would be scary. Otherwise, a flamethrower (or other appropriate area-effect attack) would be more devastating to the clones.

3) Clones + Taint Gain: As long as the clones didn't recombine, I have no problems with the taint not affecting the so-called master form. On the other hand, if you're going to recombine, I'd say that you would gain the taint as well...

4) Cloned+Healing: I hate the healing power...I'd say that the person could only be healed once per scene regardless of the number of clones, but that's just me (but it would allow more options to heal). I just think that it could be just too powerful, especially if Q-Vamp was in play).

5) Cloned + Anything (Merge): Okay, this is just plain nasty. For those two people without the APG (and if you don't, WHY HAVEN"T YOU PM'ED ME?), Merge allows you to have two+ characters with the same power to combine successes. I'd allow it, but keep in mind that you can only use the Quantum that your Node rating allows (thus, for a Node 3, which allows up to 10 QP/turn, you would only be able to use 3 Q-Bolts, or one Q-Bolt from up to three clones).

[i still say that EM: Clone would be even more fun...Heh.]

FR

RE: Clone + Healing

Result => No Gain.

All Clones are EXACT copies of the original. This includes their q-sig which means that all clones are immune to each others powers (yes, Q-Bolt + Area is nasty). Since their q-sig is the same, all uses of Healing count as a use of the same power.

RE: Clone + Merged

Yep, it can be done. No, it's not all that nasty. Merged allows "successes" to be combined. This means if three clones combine their 2 dot Q-Bolt, the final Q-Bolt will still be only 2 dots but it will have a lot more successes to hit, so the likely effect is only +5 damage from acc.

RE: Clone + Node Spark

The ST needs to make a ruleing on whether or not Clones actually have nodes. If they don't, and there is a lot of support for this argument since it appears that all clone powers come from the original's node, then Node Spark stresses the originals node (the clone gets the powers, the original gets the taint).

Remember that Clones are simply a q-construct. They don't actually exist.

OTOH, for powers that depend entirely on sux rolled, Clone + Merge ( or Merge in general ) could be nasty as hell.
True, but mostly this is the mental powers. Poison and Q-Vampire don't have a range (and pose theme issues).

Mental Blast works (obviously). A Mental Blast that typically has 3 succ just became 9, so it seriously rocks.

Domination (etc) work but has problems. As a concentraition power all the clones are going to need to concentrate. On the other hand you effect should really "Dominate".

As has been previously mentioned, there will be node issues since one nova has to pay for all of this.

What about clone+ Quantum leech (merged)?
Leech isn't ranged, and the effect doesn't gain anything with more succ, it's always Dots+Q.

You'd have more succ to overcome someone's resistence roll, but I think Resistence is Q+Node so overcoming resistence isn't ususally a problem.

Leech isn't ranged, and the effect doesn't gain anything with more succ, it's always Dots+Q.

You'd have more succ to overcome someone's resistence roll, but I think Resistence is Q+Node so overcoming resistence isn't ususally a problem.

It says the power must be aimed, not that it must be ranged. It also says to pool successes for one jointly impressive result. My question was more...if several clones all have leech and use it on the same target, then how does that work? Since the clones are exact duplicates they can all use the power but they share the same pool, so each deposits their Quantum into the same pool....(?)

My question was more...if several clones all have leech and use it on the same target, then how does that work? Since the clones are exact duplicates they can all use the power but they share the same pool, so each deposits their Quantum into the same pool....(?)
That's a different question.

Merge several Q-Leech attacks and you end up with a single Q-Leech attack that gets through but doesn't do anything more than a normal QL. Assuming a Leech of 1, Int 5, Mega-Int 2, Q6, you'd average 4.2 succ on your attack. Will three seperate (but Merged) attacks, you'd pay 3q and end up with 12.6 succ on your effect and steal 6 points of quantum. The advanage is you could even steal that from Pax or Mal.

Use several Q-L attacks at the same time and your effects are much different, and likely better. All Clones share one q-pool. So all the attacks are resisted seperately, all of them are paid for out of the same pool, and all of the successful ones (likely most of them) add to the same pool. Assuming the same stats, it still costs 3q to use, each 4.2 succ is resisted seperately (but Q+Node is usually pretty low... low enough that I'll assume all three work), and you'd steal 18 points of quantum. For a net gain of 15.

Other issues: Even at level 3, Q-Leech is 1q to use (it has a set cost).

RE: Clone + Node Spark

The ST needs to make a ruleing on whether or not Clones actually have nodes. If they don't, and there is a lot of support for this argument since it appears that all clone powers come from the original's node, then Node Spark stresses the originals node (the clone gets the powers, the original gets the taint).

'Clones share their creator's quantum pool and Node rating - this means that... Luther, with Node 3... may only spend 10 quantum points per turn total.' (APG p.63)

Even a rating of zero is a rating with the Node Background - Clones don't even have that: they all share their creator's Node. Personally I'd apply all taint generated by Clones to the base character, not just that generated by Node Spark - they are, after all, just manifestations of the character's powers. When all's said & done, there's a good reason you can't offload your aberrations onto one of your Clones with Aberration Transfer. Clones are seperate beings for damage purposes, sure - but then again taint isn't damage as such (hey - the Terats love the stuff!), it's more of an (uncontrolled) evolution of the character's Quantum self (oooh... that sounds so philosophical... ::wink ).

Since Dormed characters don't keep: '... Mega-Attributes, enhancements, quantum powers or access to Attunement or Node.' (APG p.62) I'd say that Clones no more hang around when a character Dorms than would his pre-activated Force Field or Flight powers. I also wouldn't let individual Clones Dorm, but that's more of a judgement call: to me I don't see a power manifestation being able to shut off / internalise their power as being logical (if they could Dorm independently of the base Nova then it implies that each has a seperate Node - & we know that's not the case).

As for Clones using Attunement, well...

'Clones are exact duplicates of ther character - they have the same Attributes, Abilities, powers, clothes and equipment...' (APG p.63)

This says nothing about Backgrounds. Indeed, you wouldn't expect a character to be able to create 5 Clones & have access to 6 times his Resources, or to know 6 times his Contacts would you? Of the 'power' Backgrounds (Attunement, Dormancy, Node) we know that Clones share Node, & I'd say that they can't use Dormancy - so I'd have to say that they also (at best) share Attunement. Eufiber is a slightly different case, as Clone's do share equipment - I'd let the Clones each appear wearing identical Eufiber, but share the Background. This isn't as illogical as it may sound - having a suit of Eufiber & having the Background are actually slightly different things. A character who takes a suit of Eufiber off another Nova gets to wear & use it, but doesn't get the Background without paying for it. In practical terms this makes very little difference, except if you happen to use Weave: in this case the maximum number of successes on a Weave roll is limited by the character's rating in the Eufiber Background (rather than the type of colony they happen to be wearing).

Clones do, of course, share a Quantum Signature (& thus power immunity): so Area attacks with your powers don't effect your Clones (which is nice).

There's no real reason why Clones can't use powers with the Merged Extra (&, in fact, use them well - since they'll all have the Merged Extra themselves) - but this is hardly overpowered: it's a tactic quickly balanced by the huge amount of Quantum you'll spend using it & (as pointed out by others) limited by your Clones' shared Node rating. So you can potentially generate big results, just not too often.

This says nothing about Backgrounds. Indeed, you wouldn't expect a character to be able to create 5 Clones & have access to 6 times his Resources, or to know 6 times his Contacts would you?

However, each Clone is an exact copy of the character. As such they will know all the passwords to bank accounts and thus access to his Resources, the names and contact details of all his Allies and Contacts, they look and act like the character and so can use his Backing or Influence. Like the Node background, all the Clones 'share' the character's backgrounds; so each Clone has all the backgrounds. So in an emergency situation where the character must mobilise everything he has quickly, he accesses his Resources to buy equipment, while Clone 1 calls in favours from his Allies, Clone 2 finds out what he can from his Contacts, Clone 3 calls in some favours and mobilises personel and materiel using Backing, while Clone 4 makes sure that his data trails are hard to follow with Cipher... and so on.

Remember that Clones are simply a q-construct. They don't actually exist.

Yes, but all Clones are EXACT copies of the original, M-R Node and all.

'Clones share their creator's quantum pool and Node rating - this means that... Luther, with Node 3... may only spend 10 quantum points per turn total.' (APG p.63)

It says that each Clone shares the creator's Node rating and Q-pool. So Clones are able to use the Node background to detect quantum energy, and can be detected by other Novas doing the same. Therefore each Clone must have an M-R Node that is identical to the creator's, otherwise they wouldn't be able to use it to detect quantum. However, each Clone's M-R node is linked to the creator's, so the Q-pool is shared.

As for Dormancy, well that's a bit trickier. Dormancy enables the Nova to internalise and shut down all quantum energies flowing through them. However, Dormancy just adds extra difficulty to detect the presence of quantum energy. Dormancy 5 gives +5 difficulty to detect the Nova for what he is. It does not say that he is undetectable as a Nova. Therefore, even when fully Dormed down, there must be residual quantum energies present to detect.

Even though all your powers and mega-attributes are shut down, you still retain all of your normal attributes and skills (which can all very easily be at 5) which are a result of the quantum streamlining and improving your body. Dormancy does not make it so you drop back to pre-Eruption statistics. So there must be some very, very low level quantum activity through your M-R Node; it's just extremely difficult to detect. Whether this low level of activity is sufficient to maintain a Dormed-down Clone is up to the ST to decide.

JC

Eufiber is a slightly different case, as Clone's do share equipment...
I'm not sure this changes the outcome any, but the thing about Eufiber is it has attunement on steroids. With the changes in the APG, Eufiber gets not only immunity to the nova's powers, but it also gains those powers, including Mega-stats, and abilities. ::huh

All of which applies only when relevant, and considering we’re talking about a suit of clothes that’s not often. But a case can be made that it gets the power Clone as well and is thus fully duplicated with it's use.

It says that each Clone shares the creator's Node rating and Q-pool. So Clones are able to use the Node background to detect quantum energy, and can be detected by other Novas doing the same. Therefore each Clone must have an M-R Node that is identical to the creator's, otherwise they wouldn't be able to use it to detect quantum. However, each Clone's M-R node is linked to the creator's, so the Q-pool is shared.

Yes & no - the text goes to pains (well, for WW anyway - i.e. they back it up with an example...) to point out that by 'share' they don't mean 'duplicate completely', they mean 'share out between them'. So, at best, if you have Node 3 & create 5 Clones one of you could detect Quantum at a range of 30 meters, or all 6 of you at 5 meters, or some other combination that adds up to your total detecting ability - you wouldn't all be able to use all the power of your shared Node at the same time.

IMHO the biggest problem with the Clone text (apart from the fact it's, as always, vague around the edges... ::wink ) is the fact that they say you create 'exact duplicates'... & then proceed to point out that you don't... It says that Clones are 'seperate persons in a game sense', yet they vanish when their time limit is up (seperate persons tend not to do stuff like that... power manifestations do...).

This whole issue can be extended as well - do Clones get seperate Willpower pools? I'd say no, but some will disagree. When you Clone is there even a 'real' you, or is 'last man standing' always the real Nova? Again I'd say no (without some sort of 'survival' Extra at least) - but it is a consideration. Clones have no mental link, but since they share a Quantum pool can they 'sense' when each other tap into it (& thus co-ordinate their use of it better) - or will there be situations when Clones are competing for Quantum resources? If Clones share a Quantum Signature can they use powers with a range of 'Self' on each other at range, or target a 'Touch' power through another Clone's touch, etc. (e.g. can you target a use of, say, Poison through an unconscious Clone who an enemy happens to be touching?). Also, if they share a Quantum Signature, when you trigger a power which effects all of you (such as Bodymorph) does it automatically effect all your Clones at the same time? These are all things I'd say no to - but they could be argued based on what they tell us about the power.

Clone creates duplicates from 'quantum energies & nearby molecules' - but is such a creation really an alive 'person', or just a power manifestation? Based on the text it could be argued either way. I tend to go for the 'power manifestation' version, but I can see the arguement for 'living person' too.

All of which applies only when relevant, and considering we’re talking about a suit of clothes that’s not often. But a case can be made that it gets the power Clone as well and is thus fully duplicated with it's use.

It's an interesting point, but I tend to be a bit 'old school' & say that you can't use Attunement & Clone to Clone others - which, I feel, is the very reason they tell us that equipment is automatically Cloned too (to prevent people trying to use the 'Atune + Clone' combo' to become a human xerox). I'd have to say this applies to Eufiber's 'Attunement' traits as much as to the Attunement Background itself.

Clone's arguable one of the most powerful Quantum Powers in the game as it is, without needing to squeeze just a little extra power out of it on top of everything else. Me - I'd be happy to have the power to be two (or more) places at once, without needing the bells & whistles too. ::tongue ::wink Ultimately it's (as always) up to individual STs & players to work out together - some campaigns will tend towards letting powers push the limits, while others will be better with more defined boundries. One word of advice to all the STs out there though - if all your PCs end up buying Clone (or any other power for that matter), chances are you've made it too powerful... ::sly

I actually get around the whole Clone issues in my game with the following:

Clone 4

Quantum Construct 4 (Extras: Independent, Longevity; Weakness: Can only be used to enhance duplicates created with the Clone power, by giving them each a seperate quantum pool equal to [20 + Quantum x2] and the Independent and Longevity Extras).

[in this case Q-Construct has sufficient weaknesses (Restricted Use 3, Dependent 3, Linked 2) for it to still be a level three power]

While rereading the Quantum Construct power, I noticed that Constructs get Quantum 1 and a Quantum pool of [20 + Quantum x2]. This is in many ways as powerful as the Clone power, and establishes that constructs do have a Quantum rating and a seperate quantum pool. Now Clone is a seperate power that creates duplicates, rather than different constructs, but the basic theory is much the same. This novel idea of blending two different, but closely related, powers together to get a more efficient and effective result is a good one.

Of course, like so many things in Aberrant, it could be seen as munchkinism, but my player wanted a character whose Clones were more like those of Multiple Man in the Marvel. The Quantum Construct enables him to enhance his Clones so that they are pretty much independent and much longer lasting, enabling him to maximise his effectiveness. By buying two seperate powers to get a single result, it costs more in NP and XP, which helps to counterbalance the potential for munchkinism.

Although adding Node Spark (and allowing the Merged Extra) to be used by Clones just gets nasty at this level, and should really only be allowed as NPC or as a Deus Ex Machina.

JC

[in this case Q-Construct has sufficient weaknesses (Restricted Use 3, Dependent 3, Linked 2) for it to still be a level three power]
It's a quibble but IMHO Dependent and Linked can't be combined. The two weaknesses they describe are by definition mutually independent.

I actually get around the whole Clone issues in my game with the following:

Clone 4

Quantum Construct 4 (Extras: Independent, Longevity; Weakness: Can only be used to enhance duplicates created with the Clone power, by giving them each a seperate quantum pool equal to [20 + Quantum x2] and the Independent and Longevity Extras).

Looking at this from a generic game point of view there are several things here I'd not agree with. Having said that, I see nothing wrong with this the way you've implimented it, Jackson: i.e. a way to get the result you want which is negotiated between the ST & the player, has set boundries for use, & a specified counterbalancing cost. At this level of tailoring the rules you'd be able to just create a whole new power which fits what you're aiming for here anyway, since you've clearly got a specific end result in mind - so any issues I (or anyone) could raise would be moot. ::biggrin

Okay, disclaimer aside ::wink , from a more generic, 'rules as written' point of view:

a. Quantum Construct specifically can't be used to create duplicates of people, it also can't 'imbue' others with its raw power. Quantum Construct is often seen by gamers as a 'do anything' power - it's not: just like any other power it's limited not just by the number-crunching bits of the text, but by the description of what it does too - Quantum Construct creates 'creatures' which are 'obviously made from quantum forces' - it's not the Power Cosmic (not that you suggest it is - rather this is a general observation I've made of what people try to do with Quantum Construct). The Quantum Power designed to 'imbue' others with power is Nova Proxy from the Teragen book - & it's a whole lot less powerful than how you're suggested Quantum Construct is used here.

b. You've defined a 'weakness' as granting the Linked power two Extras! One of the main drawbacks of Linked is that each power still suffers its usual restrictions, & the ability to do something not allowed by the base power can't really be defined as a 'Restricted Use' - generally speaking if a 'weakness' actually makes your power stronger, then I'd have to say, it isn't a weakness...

c. As Mister Green points out - you 'double-dip' by taking both Linked & Dependency as weaknesses: if one power must be used within a turn of the other or they both shut off (Linked level 2), then forcing the character to activate one of the powers first isn't much of a weakness (& certainly not a level 3 weakness - especially since Dependency only goes up to level 2). Of course, I would presume that you actually meant you'd taken Linked at level 3 (as does everyone who has ever used the weakness rules for anything - since Linked level 3 is actually a statistical advantage, rather than any kind of weakness - & one of the reasons I'm not overly keen on the whole strengths & weaknesses rules...), & Dependency at level 2, but it's the same issue: you're getting the benefit twice for a single limitation.

d. Quantum Construct + Longevity + Self-Awareness: there's something very dangerous about allowing a level 5 power in the game if everyone else is a basic 'Quantum 5 maximum' type, even if that level 5 power is 'brought cheap' with weaknesses. If you're running a game where everyone gets to do this sort of thing, then I guess it's fine & dandy, but the level 3 cutoff is there for a reason.

In general what your 'power combo' does is bypass the limitations of two powers by buying them cheap: Clone's big limit is the character's shared Quantum Pool & Node rating; Quantum Construct's big limit is the sheer amount of successes you'd need to create a statistical 'duplicate' of a Nova. If this sort of combo is allowed, then why not others? Like combining the Range & Area from the Weather Alteration technique of Weather Manipulation with the base effects of the Gravitational Field technique from Gravity Control... who needs Mastery? The point is that such 'cherry picking' of just the best bits of powers quickly gets out of hand, & game balance flies out the window.

Of course, like so many things in Aberrant, it could be seen as munchkinism, but my player wanted a character whose Clones were more like those of Multiple Man in the Marvel.

Well, it's only 'munchkinism' if you happen to play it that way (I doubt you do), but I'd have to ask why this granting of Clones extra raw power makes them any more like Multiple Man? Sure, I can see an argument for, maybe, longer lasting Clones - but Clones are independent anyway: Multiple Man never struck me as a guy who did enough to ever run low on Quantum Points (all he does is duplicate, right?). If you're happy using the strengths & weaknesses rules, then just slap that oh-so-unbalanced 'strength' on for extra Duration & make the Clones Permanent. Take the Extra Clones Extra (with some weakness or other to pull the power back down to level 3), & you're done: hordes of Clones which last as long as you like. If you really want Multiple Man then slap on the Reflexive Extra (phyiscal impact). The way Multiple Man's dupes exaggerate different aspects of his personality could be one of your weaknesses.

…I see nothing wrong with this the way you've implemented it, Jackson: i.e. a way to get the result you want which is negotiated between the ST & the player, has set boundaries for use, & a specified counterbalancing cost. At this level of tailoring the rules you'd be able to just create a whole new power which fits what you're aiming for here anyway, since you've clearly got a specific end result in mind - so any issues I (or anyone) could raise would be moot. ::biggrin
I strongly agree. On a side note I’ll comment that the strength/weakness section demands a lot of oversight from the ST. Even when used purely by the book it’s fairly easy to make problematic powers. (Perm Nodespark).
c. As Mister Green points out - you 'double-dip' by taking both Linked & Dependency as weaknesses: if one power must be used within a turn of the other or they both shut off (Linked level 2), then forcing the character to activate one of the powers first isn't much of a weakness (& certainly not a level 3 weakness - especially since Dependency only goes up to level 2). Of course, I would presume that you actually meant you'd taken Linked at level 3 (as does everyone who has ever used the weakness rules for anything - since Linked level 3 is actually a statistical advantage, rather than any kind of weakness - & one of the reasons I'm not overly keen on the whole strengths & weaknesses rules...), & Dependency at level 2, but it's the same issue: you're getting the benefit twice for a single limitation.
It’s actually a lot worse than that. You have two powers “C” and “D”.

Weakness Linked at level 3 says in order to be activated both “C” and “D” MUST be turned on at the same time. Dependency at level 2 says that in order for “C” to be turned on “D” MUST be already on.

So we’ve gotten the following rules for power activation:

1) “C” and “D” MUST both be activated at the same time.

2) In order for “D” to be turned on, “C” must already be on.

3) In order for “C” to be turned on, “D” must already be on.

As far as I can tell no two of those conditions could be true at the same time.

Mostly this issue comes up because “Linked” has it’s own heading in bold while “Dependency” doesn’t. It has a separate paragraph, with a separate definition, but just reading the weakness costs doesn’t quite give you that impression. Dependant is …”Some novas have powers that don’t have to be simultaneously activated, but one only works if the other is already on.” (page 142).

RE: Multiple Man’s perm Clones.

There’s a cheaper and easier way to do this: Use backgrounds and have it happen off camera. 5 dots of allies and/or contacts (my fellow clones). The clone-allies are NPCs and under the control of the ST, but that’s nothing new. As for the issue of “how” they get created, maybe you actually have the power but can only use it under conditions so rare that there’s no point in buying it (ST controlled… sort of like the backgrounds). Or maybe even you created a whole bunch of them during eruption and they’ve scattered since then. It doesn’t really matter since we’re talking about a theme rather than a power.

Personally, I think that the Clone power is perfectly powerful enough as it is. However, there is no real way to extend the duration of one scene (the Extended Duration Extra would only make it two scenes). The Longevity Extra of Q-Construct seemed to be the best way (allowing several days of duration) but I personally think that that Extra is a bit too powerful to give to Clone as it is. The compromise was allowing my player to use Q-Construct to enhance his Clones with this Extra, and give them their own Q-pool. The added lvl 3 power made it more expensive without having to excessively use the Strength/Weakness rules. The one thing that I did rule was that creating permanent Clones was out of the question (at least as a level 3 power), but extending the duration and efficiency was okay.

The Longevity Extra is a viable addition to Clone, but it won't overcome the issue of shared Q-pool. This seems perfectly fine to me, so long as the player is willing to accept this downside. Otherwise, they need to get the extra level 3 power of Q-Construct to overcome the shared Q-pool. Just my house rule, but so far it has worked perfectly well.

JC

Archived