Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - System Additions

Blue Thunder

Here is where I shall post new powers, Extras, enhancements, Abilities, Backgrounds, etc. that can be used in the game. These may be in the hands of NPCs, or these could be things that you could learn/develop on your own. I'll list if certain Terats possess these powers, but don't be surprised if others pop up with these abilities as well. Ask any questions and post any comments in the main OOC thread so this one is nice and clean. Feel free to point out inconsistencies and if something is under/over-powered. These haven't been tested, after all. I'll edit these things as I change them.

As for player-created stuff? I'm a little hesitant. PM me your idea first and we'll talk it over. I'd rather keep this thread for stuff I've already decided to allow.

Here is the current list, which I shall update as I allow more material:

Body Mods:

Bloodsucker

Disarticulating Jaw

Gaping Maw

Maw

Saber Fangs

Viper Fangs

Enhancements:

True Omnivore (Mega-Stamina)

This is an enhancement from The New Flesh. Sprocket was kind enough to allow us to use it.

True Omnivore (Mega-Stamina)

Certain Mega-Vigorous novas have developed the capability to gain nourishment from eating and/or drinking nearly any organic matter, from wood to kudzu to 2,000-year-old bones. Their bodies actually break down the molecules and atoms of the organic matter that they consume, and convert them into needed nutrients. A few such novas are rumored to be able to consume inorganic matter as well, but none of them have publicly displayed that capability as of 2015.

System: This enhancement grants the nova certain capabilities depending on how many levels are taken.

One level: The nova can consume any organic matter without ill effect or damaging his digestive system. Without spending quantum points, the nova automatically subtracts his Mega-Stamina rating from the Virulence rating of any poisons, harmful drugs or biological material (disease-causing germs, parasites, and other unpleasant organic items) that he ingests. The nova may spend quantum points on a 1:1 basis to reduce the Virulence rating further. Also, the nova's gastrointestinal tract is superhumanly tough & resilient, allowing him to safely consume items like splintered wood. Finally, the nova can absorb or synthesize whatever nutrients he needs (and only what he needs- excess nutrients will neither be absorbed nor synthesized) from the organic matter that he consumes. This allows the nova to thrive on what baselines would consider an unhealthy diet, and renders him immune to the effects of both nutrient deficiency and overdoses. As a side benefit, the nova is also immune to gastrointestinal problems such as ulcers.

Two levels: Without spending quantum points, the nova automatically subtracts his (Quantum + Mega-Stamina) from the Virulence rating of any poisons, harmful drugs or biological contaminants that he ingests, and can spend quantum points to reduce the Virulence rating as noted above. The nova is also now capable of consuming inorganic matter without injury, ignoring the damaging effects of the consumed material in much the same way that novas with Adaptability can survive in hostile environments. Finally, the nova no longer produces any bodily wastes other than sweat, dander, and carbon dioxide.

This enhancement is permanent, and has no quantum point cost except where noted above.

(Roach has both levels of this enhancement.)

I forgot, but Sprocket also sent me a few Body Mods. These might be fun for those of you with Shapeshift. These Body Mods all fit into the Mouth/Teeth area of Body Mods. So if your character ever wants to bite anyone's head off, look no further.

Bloodsucker (two nova points / four experience points)

The nova has some sort of appendage that's expressly designed for puncturing a victim's flesh and sucking his bodily fluids (typically his blood). Possibilities for this body modification include (but are not limited to) a stiletto proboscis such as possessed by mosquitoes and ticks, hollow fangs such as those of spiders, and a rasping sucker mouth like those of leeches and lampreys. No matter what form it takes, this appendage will allow the nova to inflict Strength +1 lethal damage. Provided that the attack is successful and that the nova can get her victim in a Hold (Aberrant core book, p. 244) or otherwise immobilize him, she may then begin to suck her victim's blood, inflicting 1 or 2 dice (Storyteller's choice) of bashing damage per round due to blood loss. This body modification is most often developed by novas with either of the Feeding Requirement or Parasite aberrations, and those novas should be allowed to purchase it with nova or experience points.

Disarticulating Jaw (two nova points / four experience points)

The nova can dislocate her jaw like a snake, and can swallow objects or creatures in her grasp without ever having to chew. With one level of this body modification, the nova can swallow swallow items or creatures that are no larger than 40% of her own body mass. If the nova is of typical size for a baseline human, this means she can swallow anything the size of a small person or medium-sized dog. It is also possible take a second level of this body modification, in which case the nova can swallow items or creatures that are no larger than 80% of her own body mass. Baselines and most novas will find this process intensely disturbing to watch. The nova's body will bulge noticeably once she has swallowed something (or someone), which can cause difficulties with clothing and jewelry. If the nova swallows a living being in this way, it will likely suffocate if it cannot escape somehow (rules for suffocation can be found on p. 257 of the Aberrant core book). Escaping from this grim situation can be accomplished in several ways, with cutting oneself free from the inside the nova being the most obvious. If the being dies, it will be digested as food in the nova's digestive tract. The indigestible parts of the victim (bones, medical or cybernetic implants, jewelry, etc.) will be eliminated in the normal manner, unless the Storyteller sees fit to have the nova cough up "pellets" of that material in the same way that owls do. If the nova with this body modification should also have one or two levels of the True Omnivore enhancement (see Chapter 4 for details), such items will pose less of a problem.

Gaping Maw (three nova points / six experience points)

The nova has a huge mouth (as big as that of a shark), complete with razor-sharp fangs. This will allow him to make bite attacks for Strength +3 lethal damage, and he can also swallow whole anything that's up to half the size of his body. Two problems with this are that 1- this body modification will make the nova appear very inhuman (if not outright bestial), and 2- the nova's unusual mouth structure will cause him problems with speaking clearly (all rolls made to understand the nova's speech are penalized by -2 dice).

Maw (one nova point / three experience points)

The nova's teeth and jaw structure are modified to the point that the nova can inflict a bite attack while grappling or holding an opponent, inflicting (Strength) lethal damage. This body modification is retractable. If purchased twice, the body modification is no longer retractible, but the damage increases to Strength +1 and a grapple is no longer needed to perform a bite attack. This augmented version may impose social penalties (not to mention something of a speech impediment.)

Saber Fangs (three nova points / six experience points)

The nova has two giant stabbing fangs (much like those of the sabertoothed tiger) in place of normal human upper canine teeth. Combined with certain modifications to the jaw, this allows her to use her fangs to make a bite attack on a grappled target for Strength +2 damage. If the nova's attack is successful, the wounds created by her fangs will bleed excessively, inflicting half damage on the target for (Strength) turns after the initial attack. Aside from giving the nova a serious case of overbite, the nova's unusual dentition will cause her problems with speaking clearly (-2 dice on rolls made to understand the nova's speech) in addition to the expected social difficulties.

Viper Fangs (two nova points / four experience points)

The nova's upper canine teeth can essentially become identical to viper-style fangs at will. Also, the nova's jaw can drop lower than those of normal humans, allowing him to bite his foes in the same manner as a poisonous snake. The fangs can only inflict Strength +1 lethal damage, but if the nova also has the Poison quantum power, they can inject any toxins or drugs the nova creates with that power. This body modification cannot be taken more than once.

Archived