Aberrant RPG - *stolen from Asbjorn* Memorable Quotes

metaphysician

Ficklestein was just standing there looking at the box with his hands on his hips, elbows pointed backwards, accentuating his dorkiness as Epstein approaches and offers her hand. His eyes grow wide as he instinctively offers his hand then looks at it..

"Ah.."

and wipes his hand on his jeans before taking her hand in his

"Penis to meet you, Second Grade Eps...Epstein!"

He then slaps his forehead and turns red

"Pleased! I mean Pleased to meet you! Ah heheh, yeah, pleased...."

"Thanks, you're the breast!..Best! You're the best!"

Ficklestein looks thoroughly embarassed for a moment..

Plus just about every post from Rex is a classic quote! ::laugh

Rex: A War Journal Retrospective...

Walking up behind Jamie & Jean-Claud the reptile-man stomps into the room, giving all within his best & widest grin (which, to be honest, just makes it look like they're the meal he's interested in... ::nervous ). Slapping 'Frenchie' on the back (with considerable force) he says,

"Just what we need, a garlic-eating surrender-monkey or two." IPB Image

Stepping over to Epstein Rex flicks his forked tongue over his lips as he looks the beautious Scout up & down,

"Okay. First orders of the day - you'll be sleeping with me from now on. Give me a chance to earn a few Brownie points..." ::devil IPB ImageIPB Image

The reptile-man again casts his eyes over the assembled group in a predatory way, then glances at the food-laden table,

"Oh right - you mean that food..." IPB Image

Indicating the baseline troops he continues,

"... Save the 'emergency rations' for later, right." ::devil IPB Image

A clawed hand grabs the ribs from the table & pops them into Rex's massive jaws - the crunching of bones can be clearly heard. The reptile-man turns his attention back to Epstein as he chews, & his long tail starts to feel its way up the inside of the attractive scout's leg,

"So, Babe, how about it, eh?"

"Yeah," comments Rex, "it's good. I usually prefer my chow to move, if ya' know what I mean - but this is good too... Anyway, don't let the scales put ya' off doll - evolution says that we've all got a little reptile inside of us. I'm just offerin' you the oppertunity to have a big one inside of ya'..." ::devil IPB Image

Rex grins again,

"Only way to find out is to wrap your pretty little tongue around me, babe..." ::devil

*They may be th' enemy, but they're still soldiers, damnit! Sure I'd kill 'em, eat 'em, & put th' fear of... well, of me I guess... into 'em, but this sick sh!t is above & beyond. I may have to have words with gimp-boy...*

"That's mighty generous o' ya', boy - considerin' the situation & all... I'm Rex - & if we meet again in combat then I'll not hesitate t' eat ya'. Now, I'm gonna' steal your watch & th' rest o' ya' smokes, then leave ya' t' ya' bleedin'."

In the tabletop game I used to be in, we hired two elites (ostensibly as bodyguards for our non-combat leader) and sent them out on a mission together as competition - whichever one did better was going to get a raise. They were in a borrowed vehicle with a viewscreen-phone, and one of the other people in our faction called them - and they answered still in the middle of an argument. So, after a few moments of this,

"Hey, morons!" *they quiet down* "Figure out which one of you is the dumbest. Then I want to talk to the other one."

They look at each other, then prompt Rock/Paper/Scissors. The loser turns to the viewscreen, and asks, "Ok, he won. That means I'm only the second dumbest one here - and there's only the two of us. Whaddya want?"

• 1 year later...

My occasional Saturday game has provided much mirth. One of the characters has Analyze Weakness, and rolled for "the best way to get inside that building without being noticed." He didn't roll very well, so I told him something rather simple: wait until about 3am, and sneak in the back door.

The next time the character started to do a roll for a similar situation, the party leader stopped him. "Wait, let me guess - we wait until midnight and then sneak in the back door?"

"Um ... maybe ... " *rolls a single success on 7 dice* "That's the best plan, yes."

After figuring out that "Dark Matter" is nothing of the kind (an event that took him in game months, out of game years), Alex goes to have a talk with DeVries' Ms Alinski:

Alinski frowns,

'There's mounting evidence that a Nova's eruption is guided, at least to some degree, by the subconscious mind. In your case the fact that you were studying dark matter obviously guided the powers you manifested: I'm sure you realise that the DMD isn't actual "dark matter" as science understands it, but it's probably close to how your sub-conscious mind pictured "dark matter" - a powerful force found out in the dark depths of space, fluid yet strong,'

Alex again nods in confirmation. ::innocent

*I wonder long it took her to figure that out? A full second? Ah, if I’d erupted like her…*

*Yes, just think of it. Oh, to be stuck in a lab somewhere. Oh, to still have no athletic ability at all. Oh, to have rotten lungs and get tired after walking up one flight of stairs.*

*Cigarettes caused that. Eruption and the basic nova package should have fixed that.*

*Oh, to never have the hope of getting laid.*

*OK, point.*

Earlier Alex accidentally turned one of his test rodents tail into Dark Matter. When he took a serious beating out in the field his would-be girlfriend slash future-mother-of-his-child saw some "odd" effects reflected back on the rodent. At this point Alex isn't sure what happened and he just asked her if the rat had gotten lose and scared her... so basically this is a girl he's trying to talk into bed.

Mani looks a little confused ::confused ,

'Why would that shake me?' she asks,

*OK, so all women aren’t afraid of mice.*
'No... if it had gotten loose that would have been okay... It... it sort of... it was... "consumed"... the one with the black tail? The "dark matter" stuff seemed to... I don't know... kind of... kind of "eat" it...' she offers Alex a rather nervous sidelong glance, 'That's... I mean... something like that's not going to happen to... to you... or...' she chews a little on her lower lip, 'or... the baby... you know... if there is one...' ::unsure
::blink There’s a pause as Alex debates what to say,

*Whoops, another rodent sacrificed on the altar of science.*

*Fascinating. Only teleportation and telepathy normally have effects with this kind of range.*

*Poor specimen number three, I really cared about him or her.*

*I wasn’t expecting this and have no clue how dark matter works.*

*The rat with the dark matter tail managed to gain a sliver of my power, just like our child would.*

*Monsters from the ID….*

• 1 month later...

Earlier Alex accidentally turned one of his test rodents tail into Dark Matter. When he took a serious beating out in the field his would-be girlfriend slash future-mother-of-his-child saw some "odd" effects reflected back on the rodent. At this point Alex isn't sure what happened and he just asked her if the rat had gotten lose and scared her... so basically this is a girl he's trying to talk into bed.

*OK, so all women aren’t afraid of mice.*

::blink There’s a pause as Alex debates what to say,

*Whoops, another rodent sacrificed on the altar of science.*

*Fascinating. Only teleportation and telepathy normally have effects with this kind of range.*

*Poor specimen number three, I really cared about him or her.*

*I wasn’t expecting this and have no clue how dark matter works.*

*The rat with the dark matter tail managed to gain a sliver of my power, just like our child would.*

*Monsters from the ID….*

So, did he decide to keep silent? ;)

Alex decided to stress the genetic benefits of any offspring resulting from mating with him while totally ignoring any complications from "taint".

http://www.eononline.net/forums/index.php?...731entry63731

Alex says,

”I think it did happen to me. I was trying to disarm a quantum bomb when it went off. I’ve been running attunement experiments on those rats. That means making them so my powers treat them like they’re part of me. I guess he caught a piece of the effect.”

“As for kids, no, it doesn’t work like that. Injuring a father doesn’t hurt his son, and I’m not going to be running physics experiments with people, much less kids, much less my own kid. That’s what rats are for. It’s like testing drugs, something has to see if it has harmful effects. Besides, my child will probably have her own powers, and she’ll be as immune to them as I am to mine.”

Archived