Aberrant RPG - Timeline Complete

Ian Watson

I've completed the official timeline for all Aberrant books from the core rulebook through to Aberrant: Underworld and Aberrant: Brainwaves (I consider Brainwaves official because it was written under contract with the intention of getting published). Fan works, while often excellently done, do not fall under the aegis of the Wiki, so are not represented.

So I have currently covered Adventure! and all the aforementioned Aberrant books. You can browse the complete timeline here.

I'm beginning work on my collection of Trinity books shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it; pretty complete and getting bigger as the Trinity stuff comes in. Most of the important events seem to be here. Thanx, IW!

Every single event I could find that had at least a year attached to it is included. I also backtracked the assumed date of birth for any character whose age is mentioned. I'm glad the response so far has been positive; it was a lot of work, and I'd hate to be the only one who cared by the end. :D

Slowly working my way through my top shelf of books... after this comes my nWOD, then my oWOD and Exalted books. (:

It's a lot of work, but it'll be worth it, I hope. I haven't found any timelines this complete anywhere.

Dude, Trinity will take you FOREVER. Most of the stuff from Aberrant lacks dates, but Trinity has them everywhere.

I want to help (really), but don't think I can spare the time. Oh well.

For Trinity, will you be recording when OpNet articles are published? That would be cool to add. Like, if a certain OpMail message in one of the books is dated one date, and a media article is published another date, mark them down (at least the page number). Maybe leave this for last though.

I need to learn how to edit Wiki articles...so I can actually help with these kinds of things.

Most of the stuff from Aberrant lacks dates

You've got to be kidding me. One of the busier years, 2008, has 100 specific date entries in the first half of the year alone. Yes, Trinity has a lot of dates, but Aberrant's no slouch.

For Trinity, will you be recording when OpNet articles are published?

I record everything.

If an OpMail or media report dated June 8 says "an Aberrant attack happened last night," I mark down the date of the attack and the date it's being discussed. I've even had a few times where someone says "last Tuesday" or whatever, so I've brought up a calendar of the relevant year to track down what date is being referred to.

And yes, everything is given footnotes so you can check up on the references yourself. There's usually more information in the book than I can cram into a summary, anyhow.

I need to learn how to edit Wiki articles...so I can actually help with these kinds of things.

It's not as hard as it seems. Test out your skills in our Sandbox, specifically set up for this sort of thing. The Sandbox links to a few good articles on various bits of Wiki formatting, or you can just mess with the buttons above the editing window.

Then look at one of the timeline pages and figure out how we're doing things, and copy us. We're always available for help if you need us.

Archived