Adventure! RPG: Warlords of Tellus - Warlords of Tellus OOC

Jackson Creed

Like you say, 'inappropriate' (by modern standards) stuff in pulp is mostly sexist & racist - which, to be honest, is totally fine in a Tellus context (you've noticed the skimpy outfits & the slave girls everywhere, right? ::sly ). In Masked Men I'm pretty sure I refered to (in context) people of Chinese origin as 'Celestials' a couple of times, 'cos that's the sort of thing the'd write back in the pulps. Uber-gore-fest violence, on the other hand, never turned up. You'd get the odd 'ironic' death & the like, but even if the bad guy fell into the workings of the industrial crusher he tended to just disappear - there wasn't an accompanying shower of blood & guts which coated the hero... Look at the movies from the twenties & thirties - people get killed all the time, but you rarely even see any blood. Heroes could be 'hard nosed' but were never totally sadistic in a slasher-horror manner - & neither were the bad guys.

Okey doke. Sorry about that Prof, I'll try my darndest to make that my last 'out-of-theme' mistake (knocks on wood). I'll go edit my post.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okey doke. Sorry about that Prof, I'll try my darndest to make that my last 'out-of-theme' mistake (knocks on wood). I'll go edit my post.

Don't worry - I'll have my revenge by writing inappropriate character back stories involving zombies... ::tongue ::wink

• 3 weeks later...

Archived