Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Episode 7: Not a Superpower

Ok folks - the end of a two month old episode! Wowsers. I thought it would take you guys a little less time to do the explore-and-gather-intelligence, but it seemed like most of your PCs were enjoying themselves.

So, let's get the voting out of the way, and I can put up your mission objectives and hand out XP.

Sadly no. That makes 3 votes for Paul, 3 votes for Simon and 2 votes for Zhenglai...a magnificent runner up I will agree!
A roll-off it is! Paul rolls a 5, and Simon rolls a 10, meaning that Simon wins the trailer XP for this episode.

Completed successfully!

Mission complete: $12k per

With Meklar ship information: + $3k per

Not completed ...

With US deal:

With Mexico deal:

With Sweden deal:

I expected you guys to try and make a deal with one of the governments to accept evacuees and shuffle them somewhere like Greek world, or Fallout, but as you were very careful not to mention that you were from an alternate dimension until you were actually leaving, I couldn't put in any hints in that direction. So everyone rolls in $15k for the mission. I'm awarding everyone the full 5XP for this episode, both because it ran long, and because once you got out of the desert you guys worked really well to get information and help out the locals even though you didn't need to.

Simon won the trailer XP! Simon spent some time trying to push his Summoning skills up, and he's working to build trust in the group (important as an Architect) so I'll give him 3 XP for roleplaying. This means Simon ends the episode with 9XP.

Theo did a decent job with her Hermit and Survivor parts, trying to stay hidden in a crowd even in the city and making sure the avenue of retreat was safe, so I'll give 2 XP, for a total of 7 XP.

Paul put his doctor skills to work again, but found little to help in Nature or nurture at the hospital. I'll give him 2XP, for a total of 7 XP.

Jonathan was appropriately anguished over leaving the locals' fate in their own hands, so I'm willing to grant the caregiver, but he didn't have as many opportunities to live up to the Pagan side, and he sort of stood aside instead of speaking up as the leader of the group. I'll give 1XP for a total of 6XP.

Zhenglai received the only OMFG XP for this episode! ::thumbup1 He was also positively besieged with visions this episode, both of his own choice and a little nudging behind the scenes. (I'm trying to make him regret taking Pretercognition, you see. ::tongue ) His Visionary and Saint were fairly well brought across, with him willing to sacrifice himself if he thought he could take down some of the Meklar. I'll award 2XP for a total of 8XP.

Esteban convinced the group to check out Europe, before even finding out that Sweden was that world's superpower and Utopia rolled into one. (Thank Asbjorn for "Samhalle" as he told me that's the word for Society - as in Aeon Society for Gentlemen, even though it didn't exist in this world.) I'll give him 2XP for a total of 7XP.

Brandt unfortunately didn't post much during this episode, even though his extra language skills did turn out useful in France. I'm awarding 1XP for a total of 6XP.

And last but not least, Ash, the group's second in command. Oddly enough, Ash didn't get an OMFG this time around, which must mean my dice are turning apathetic towards him. He pushed his Daredevil a bit with trying to tweak the Defender of Justice™, so I'll give 2XP for a total of 7XP.

And there we have it! Simon, take it away with the trailer!

Not completed ...

With US deal:

With Mexico deal:

With Sweden deal:

I expected you guys to try and make a deal with one of the governments to accept evacuees and shuffle them somewhere like Greek world, or Fallout, but as you were very careful not to mention that you were from an alternate dimension until you were actually leaving, I couldn't put in any hints in that direction.

Lifeboat at the Titanic syndrom. Too much chance of the lifeboat being overloaded, so even though they were only partly filled, they didn't turn back and pick up everyone in the water. That and we didn't want to risk the mapper.

Letting them use it would have enhanced their survival odds, and reduced ours... which is why Paul didn't mention it as an option.

I figure if we're going to be picking up survivors we'll do it next time around.

Not quite as exciting as the last trailer, but was fun to make! Enjoy!

Announcer VO:

"And this week on a whole new Trans-D...."

Scene: SGE Breifing room, Camera staring down the table at Michal, the other Novas visible.

Michal:" This world has a slightly higher quantum field than us, so they probably have novas."

Scene: Municipal Defender landing on the ground and posing for the flashing of cameras.

Michal: ...It's going to be somewhere around the time of the Thirty Years War in Europe, but it could have split due to some non-European event..."

Scene: Camera centers on a spinning globe that stops, a finger centering on EMPIRE OF SWEDEN"

Announcer VO:

"Problems arise as teamates clash"

Scene: Esteban snatching a small obsidian fist from the pocket of a green Jacket..

Esteban: "What do you think you're doing?!"

Scene: Camera pans to capture the faces of Zhengali, Ash, and Johnathan.

Esteban: "What is this supposed to be? You think our mission isn't difficult enough that we need their Nova-trackers on us?"

Obsidian Mask:"Puting that back where you found it would be most advisable...changeling!"

Scene: The Obsidian Mask and Esteban inches from eachother...a Nova brawl seemingly ready to erupt.

Announcer VO:

"...and the threat to Earth they're trying to stop..." (Deep bass sounding Thump)

Scene: Paul Blue standing in a room with men in dark suits shouting

Paul:" ...More than 100 million people are going to die in the next 12 hours..."

Announcer VO:

"...Has..." (Deep bass sounding Thump)

Scene: Space, the Earth is glowing in the bottom right as Meklar ships are visible around it. Cities swarming with people running crazy (Paul Still VO )

Paul:"...because the clock is ticking and lots of cities are going to become fireballs real soon...”

Announcer VO:

"...Finally..." ( Deep bass sounding Thump)

Scene: Camera pans around scores of Novas flying into the sky/ space.

Announcer VO:

"...Arrived!..." (Deep bass sounding THump )

Scene: Close-up of Simons nose and mouth uttering

Simon: "...My God..."

Scene: The Bright flash of light pours over what appear to be Novas disintegrating them.

TRANS-D WORDS FLY OUT OF THE LIGHT

Announcer VO:

" Trans-D!"

Archived