Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - After these messages

BlueNinja

I was having a conversation with Cottus about Trans-D.

[04:09] whitearro: TBH, it seems like it starts out a tad dark itself, though I suppose it might head in a brighter direction

[04:10] BlueNinja0: there are a number of 'darker' episodes, though there's also a few that are pretty much either going to be campy fun or dark horror

[04:10] whitearro: yeah, on the whole Trans-D has maintained the feel of the "television show" it's supposed to have

[04:10] BlueNinja0: well, I'm glad to hear that. :)

[04:10] whitearro: no prob

[04:11] whitearro: we just need to start including commercials, and the image will be complete

So ... have in mind any ridiculous commercials that you think should be appearing during the commercial breaks of Trans-D? Post 'em up. Especially if they're for products that might exist in a nova world and not in ours.

Nova services: Organ repair, weather manip... although probably those would be marketed to companies.

Nova tech: Hyper-fusion Cars, Eufiber, fake Eufiber & other clothes, drugs,

Nova society: Nova TV programs (Dr Nova, Nova Private Eye, various other soap operas involving novas), Nova Movies, low class novas being paid to cut the ribbon at a new walmart.

Both "real" and fictional charcters in the same universe? thats a paradox...

How creepy would it be? Like that seen in Spaceballs where they rewind and fast forward the movie... ::laugh

Who says the real and fake are in the same universe?

Besides, Michal might be making a tv series out of the whole thing so if anyone found out it was real, they wouldn't believe it.

"Hello, a few of you may recognize me as the Obsidian Mask. Pretty much everything I need, I can summon into existence. Many of you are not so blessed but still need things fast and efficiently. when I need something I can't summon, I use MRExpress. They deliver everything and anything by 9am the next business day. Which can get anyone out of a Nova sized bind. So unless you're like me and can create things at will...give MRExpress a try. They won't let you down!"

MRExpress, Deliveries in the blink of an eye!

HAHA something like that?

"Hello, a few of you may recognize me as the Obsidian Mask. Pretty much everything I need, I can summon into existence. Many of you are not so blessed but still need things fast and efficiently. when I need something I can't summon, I use MRExpress. They deliver everything and anything by 9am the next business day. Which can get anyone out of a Nova sized bind. So unless you're like me and can create things at will...give MRExpress a try. They won't let you down!"

MRExpress, Deliveries in the blink of an eye!

::laugh ::thumbup
Both "real" and fictional charcters in the same universe? thats a paradox...
I more meant that the PCs are in fact novas, probably using their real names, but the Gate program and all of that is a fake. Michal does have Artistic Genius, and the Writing specialty for Wits, so he could pull it off.

Or what Paul said, which I sort of like for the simple paranoia that would have to inspire it. Of course, all of the missions would take twice as long due to the camera and makeup crews, and reshoots ... ::happy

Who says they can't be both? ::biggrin

Wormhole Xtreme. I shoulda expected that when I learned you had the stargate.

Commercials....

(Camera tightens in on Theo sitting at a prop makeup table.)

"Hi," Theo says with a strange angry grin, "I'm Theodora Keir from Trans-D, and I'd like to talk to you about child abuse."

(She holds up her hands and electricity arcs angrily between her palms)

"One in five abused children become Novas, severely injuring if not killing their bullies and abusers. If you're a bully or an abuser, you should stop now and get help. Or...."

(Electricity arcs across her palms again.)

(soto voice) This has been a public service message from Novas against Child Abuse.

Wormhole Xtreme. I shoulda expected that when I learned you had the stargate.
Blame Cottus! He inspired me to start this thread! ::biggrin
(Camera tightens in on Theo sitting at a prop makeup table.)

"Hi," Theo says with a strange angry grin, "I'm Theodora Keir from Trans-D, and I'd like to talk to you about child abuse."

(She holds up her hands and electricity arcs angrily between her palms)

"One in five abused children become Novas, severely injuring if not killing their bullies and abusers. If you're a bully or an abuser, you should stop now and get help. Or...."

(Electricity arcs across her palms again.)

(soto voice) This has been a public service message from Novas against Child Abuse.

And with a price quote from your local mortuary. ::thumbup1

Is that an official change of vote? Are we allowed to vote based on out of thread material?

I think you're allowed to vote based on anything you want. However, he said the next one, and I think he's voted already so that means he'll have to remmeber until the end of episode 8.

Lol!! Theo...you get my next vote for the bonus XP just for that!

Maybe if BN holds a best commerical contest but this is just for fun.

Besides, they always try to get someone on the show to do a public service announcement. They don't pay squat but good publicity.

Maybe if BN holds a best commerical contest but this is just for fun.

Besides, they always try to get someone on the show to do a public service announcement. They don't pay squat but good publicity.

Yeah...how would Theo react to having good publicity...being famous? I can just see the mobs of paparazzi now! :jumping40:

• 2 weeks later...

A couple shopping for a wedding ring. Fiance pulls out a credit card as behind them supervillians start massing to rush the store.

"Honey, are you sure...?"

"Not to worry, I've got NovaStar!"

"NovaStar?!?" scream the supervillians in horror.

A warp hole opens and a team of Novas come bounding out, dressed in identical black outfits with a vertical silver stripe and a bright gold 12-pointed star who start attacking the supervillians.

A supervillian groans from on top of a mailbox and looks up at the camera.

"What's... in your... wallet?"

SCENE: A darkened apartment. There's the jingle of keys and the door swings open. A slumped over man with a tired face walks in, puts his hat on a hook and takes off his trenchcoat - underneath he's wearing a costume.

Dragging his feet, he crosses over to the window and opens it, then gingerly sits down in his recliner and turns on the tv.

"...apartment fire has broken out on 5th and Maple..."

He picks up the remote with a scowl and switches the channel.

"...is sinking in the harbor, several hundred people still trapped on board..."

He switches the channel again.

"...tomorrow will be sunny, highs in the... Wait, we've just received this urgent announcement...!"

A woman screams from outside. Guy throws up his hands and sighs, getting up with a groan.

"Hold on already!" he gripes as he goes to the fridge. He pulls out a tall blue can and pops the top, chugging it down.

His face has come alive like Jim Carrey going crazy, his muscles bulge and he's got a crazy grin on his face.

"ALRIGHTY THEN!" he cries out and zooms out of the window.

Camera zooms in on the can.

Announcer: "QUANTUM FUEL. When you really, really need to take on the whole world."

Woman's voice off screen, almost purring: "Oh! My hero...!"

A Japanese Nova commercial for all those Nippontai players.

A group of giggly school girls in sailor middy blouses are walking down the street, pausing when they reach a bright red Pocky machine. One of them puts money into the slot and presses a button for a large box of chocolate pocky.

Suddenly there's a mighty roar - oh no! It's Godzilla! The girls cry out in terror!

The Pocky Machine chimes suddenly and out comes Pocky Man! He grows rapidly to Godzilla size and starts fighting. The two struggle for a moment when Pocky Man realizes that what Godzilla wants is... pocky! He conjours up a giant stick of pocky and give it to godzilla and everyone starts doing the Pocky Dance!

Feeds into a 10 second blurb about Godzilla verses The Colonel. (Yes, Sanders). This time it's personal.

• 1 month later...

"Attention Novas!" the announcer says as "Attention Novas" flashes on the screen.

"Do people ask why you order fingerprint supplies and evidence bags in bulk?" *camera pans down shelves of forensic supplies*

"Having a hard time finding a reputable dealer who can supply your eufiber and high-tech needs?"

*Camera pauses on a pretty storeclerk modelling a eufiber garment in front of a gas chromograph*

"In need of some backup hardware or discrete entry supplies?"

*pans over a gun case, showing handguns and lockpicks*

"Come down to Lawman's Nova Supply, on the corner of 5th and High Street, formerly Lawman's Law Enforcement Supply"

Archived