Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The Inescapable Conflict

Blue Thunder

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bob says,

"We could sue for peace, at least for now. Have Flare start up a local Cult of Mal church. The clinic would be a good spot for it. Preach to the baselines, and to the rest of us."

"As for other people getting wind of us throwing them into war with the Cult, that's not what I had in mind. Marcel is a fighting fish. Put into a tank with another fighting fish, he'll provoke a war all by himself. He is his own worst enemy."

"I believe it may be too late for that. No doubt, Marcel's spies have already alerted him to our backroom machinations. Even if Delormier did offer an olive branch I would look for the hidden blade. No...Im afraid he simply cannot be trusted. I would much rather see Flare guiding the Cult of Mal...a voice of sincerity would be a welcome change."

"I can eat his face"

"Well..that would certainly dampen the effect of his charisma." says Envy in at attempt at levity.

We are caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place and I'm open to any suggestions anyone has."

The darkly musing Cobra turns his head up.

"All right. Let's begin two initiatives. First, we'll begin machinations to take Delorimier apart from all sides, Bob's way and Flare's way, so he can't afford to do nothing. And second, we'll set a trap in anticipation of the Cult's pre-emptory attack, which will probably target Envy. When they come, they'll come ready for Roach, for all his toughness. But I'll be waiting in the shadows, and before I enter the fray, I'll contact Kyle. Kyle will be waiting with an emergency-response team consisting of Jack, James and anyone else who feels like participating."

"We'll crush their first line of attack in a trap, and then if we want, we can counter-attack when they're weak."

The darkly musing Cobra turns his head up.

"All right. Let's begin two initiatives. First, we'll begin machinations to take Delorimier apart from all sides, Bob's way and Flare's way, so he can't afford to do nothing. And second, we'll set a trap in anticipation of the Cult's pre-emptory attack, which will probably target Envy. When they come, they'll come ready for Roach, for all his toughness. But I'll be waiting in the shadows, and before I enter the fray, I'll contact Kyle. Kyle will be waiting with an emergency-response team consisting of Jack, James and anyone else who feels like participating."

"We'll crush their first line of attack in a trap, and then if we want, we can counter-attack when they're weak."

Leiko nods to the Cobra. "It would be be*pop* I attacked from the sidelines, but my creations will be there to guard our flanks wh*crackle*b their men."

Sighing, the Japanese woman repeats herself, hoping to at least put the noise from her aberration in different places. "It would be better if I att*pop* from the sidelines, but m*crackle*s will be there to guard our flanks when we nab th*hiss*."

"Battle the Four Horsemen openly, if you must. But try to make sure other Terats are aware that you are fighting defensively. And while you are distracting Delorimier by fighting his Four Horsemen, make sure to poison him. I won't go over specifics here, but I will assist with this endeavor."

The Count stood from his seat. "I apologize, but I'm afraid I must cut my time here short. While I would certainly love to give some personal insight into your exact battle plans, this is better left to your own leader to plan. I will be in contact with Envy later when useful information comes forth."

The Count gave a courteous smile and said, "If you'll excuse me..." He took several steps towards Jaunt, who crept away from the wall she had blended into. She opened a warp hole to Orzaiz's Blackburn office, and the two disappeared.

Flare waited a few seconds after the warp hole faded away to speak. "A lot has happened today. Personally, I could use some rest. Envy, if you wouldn't mind, could Jack and I use a guest room to sleep in tonight?"

Prior to the Count's departure.

Sighing, the Japanese woman repeats herself, hoping to at least put the noise from her aberration in different places. "It would be better if I att*pop* from the sidelines, but m*crackle*s will be there to guard our flanks when we nab th*hiss*."

Envy acknowledges that he understood this time and responds.

"If I know anything about Delormier its that he won't waste any time if he thinks he has the advantage. I like all of your ideas and I think I may have a way to draw him out. Im planning on visiting my daughter soon...my baseline daughter..."

Envy pauses a moment to let that sink in.

"I know. Only a few of you had an idea, but if I am going to show my trust in you all, now is the time. If we let it leak that I will be visiting her, while dormed down, it may be just the opportunity Delormier is waiting for. No doubt he will send his four horseman, or possibly Clarion's Kabal, or both depending on his mood."

"Of course I don't need to tell you that I would never put my own blood in actual jepordy. That is why I will actually go to meet her in secret. For security reasons, Im still not comfortable with letting her actual location be known so you will forgive me that bit of privacy. When it is time for the public version...say, in two days time... Id like it if you could play her part Bob. If we're lucky, we'll be able to take out Marcel's vanguard troops, though from my intelligence he has plenty in reserve to take up the mantle of horseman..."

"What do you think Count? Could you arrange for this mis-information to credibly fall into Marcel's lap?"

((OOC...this is the more specific plan you asked for BT, regarding those tactical prodigy rolls...))

Flare waited a few seconds after the warp hole faded away to speak. "A lot has happened today. Personally, I could use some rest. Envy, if you wouldn't mind, could Jack and I use a guest room to sleep in tonight?"

Envy smiles, always a devilish sight with his highly tainted eyes. "But of course Flare. Mi Casa es su Casa. All present may stay here tonight, though I think it would be prudent at this time to close ourselves off from the other factions. As you have so gracefully put it, we can only trust ourselves now. Tonight I have a date to keep with my daughter. Roach, you may come so long as you can keep out of sight. K.C.... If you arent busy, Id feel much safer if you were around as well. Bob...care to come and be one of daddy's co-workers? It will give you the chance to gather what you need for your upcoming impersonation. Lastly, Kyle, as your first official act as Promethean, Id be honored if you could provide transportation for the 5 of us."

Bob says,

"Oh joy. Knows everything does she? ::sly That's a question by the way, does she know about you? About us?"

"Nothing actually. She doesn't even realize I erupted. The good Count saw to it that she thinks Im still working on hush-hush projects for the Directive."

He looks away slightly.

"I don't think the truth would go over too well. Thats another reason why I'd like to keep her insulated from all this."

Jack stands, and frowns at finding out about Envys seperate lives. And his secret from his baseline daughter. I didnt bother him that Envy has a baseline daughter...but it bothered him that her almost seemed ashamed of everything great that he had become.

"When the time comes...I will be there to defend you from. I can remain as whatever object I need to while waiting." he says through Flare, then privatly to his female companion, *Ready to go?*

Kyle had just been listening quietly most of this time, having little problem with most of the ideas presented. Then when it seemed the meeting was overKyle raises from his seat and goes to get something to write on, and once he has he quickly writes down his contact information and hands it to Envy. "Here. Just let me know when you need anything. But for now I should be returning to my home. I do have someone to look after now after all."

"When the time comes...I will be there to defend you from. I can remain as whatever object I need to while waiting." he says through Flare

"Thank You Jack. ...actually...that's an excellent idea. I seem to recall you being able to attune other people to yourself...now normally you wouldn't be able to touch me, but when I go dormant..."

"Here. Just let me know when you need anything. But for now I should be returning to my home. I do have someone to look after now after all."

Envy takes the card and gives it a once over, before slipping it into his pocket.

"Thanks again. Would you mind dropping us off before you go? I'll just need a few moments to get some things together..."

{{So that would be Envy, Bob, Roach and King Cobra warping away with Kyle continuing on to Japan. Jack and Jill are sleeping over in the mansion, where Turncoat is also being drugged and moxed. What about Leiko and James? And then we have 3 (count 'em!: 3!) new characters joining us for Chaaaapter 2!!!}}

Leiko nods as the meeting seems ready to break up. "Speaking of baselines, I should make *hiss*ack to Japan. My fan club - as *pop*lt' would be too rude," she says in an attempt at levity, "should be anxious to hear from me." She stands and gives Envy a Japanese bow. "Could o*crackle* with a portal be so kind as to give me a trip back to Tokyo?"

Leiko nods as the meeting seems ready to break up. "Speaking of baselines, I should make *hiss*ack to Japan. My fan club - as *pop*lt' would be too rude," she says in an attempt at levity, "should be anxious to hear from me." She stands and gives Envy a Japanese bow. "Could o*crackle* with a portal be so kind as to give me a trip back to Tokyo?"

"I believe that is where Mr. Dighton is headed as well...I don't see why not..."

"I believe that is where Mr. Dighton is headed as well...I don't see why not..."

Kyle nods to this.

"Yes, my home is very close to the CORE HQ. I can bring any who wish to come there. Also know that my home is open to all of you at any time. Later I will try and ensure you all have a key and the codes to my security system."

And with that he waits for any other business to conclude before opening a gate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived