Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The Inescapable Conflict

Blue Thunder

"Hey, wait!" King Cobra calls after Flamberge, hoping to stop her before she goes out his window. He steps towards her.

"Be careful out there. Something big is going on with the Teragen at the moment. Earlier tonight, I was at a meeting of sorts with Divis Mal and some other big-name Terats - he executed one of them and basically declared martial law."

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((If Narcosis does stop Leiko, then assume this happens afterwards.)) Leiko nods, then tilts her head to examine him. "Want to make *static*atic exit from the club?"

If James says yes, then Leiko will summon a pair of Chocobos ((Q-Construct, 4 successes)) for them to ride to the doors out of the club.

James responded, looking a little dubious, "Um...not really, but if you really want to... I guess..."

Sloppy Joe opened the door, having overheard the discussion. "I think you all...should leave now..."

Roach leaps from his crouched position on to the wall next to Joe, then bounces back to the ground next to Envy.

"Ready when your are boss."

He Turns to Joe baring his teeth a bit, but does nothing else as he walks past the mess that makes up the disgusting Terat.

*****The NV Meeting*****

He Turns to Joe baring his teeth a bit, but does nothing else as he walks past the mess that makes up the disgusting Terat.

Sloppy Joe gurgled a few drops of slime onto Roach and entered the room, shutting the door behind him.

The Prometheans left the NV meeting room. Nova Vigilance was being too stubborn to assist in taking out the Apostle, despite his betrayal. Where else could they turn for support? Orzaiz was sure to give it, of course, but the Prometheans and the Casablancas alone were going to have a hard time of it.

While on the way he punches back a text message. "Working now... See you tonight?"

Mariana replied "k"

Jack stood up. It was time to make his stand. He nodded to Geyron and left with Envy. He hoped that Jill would come with him.

Flare followed her love out of the room. *That didn't go quite as desired. What to do now? Narcosis is here, perhaps she would help.*

Flare held Jack's hand and looked him in the eyes. *I don't approve of Delorimier either, Jack. I hope the others don't doubt me. If we need to, I could always contact some of those in the Cult of Mal that don't follow Delorimier. They are few in number, but they exist. Or, perhaps...*

Flare paused. *There...is someone that I think could help us. She quit the Cult of Mal years ago, and hasn't been heard from since. I could ask around and find out where she lives. It's a longshot but it may work.**

*****King Cobra's Residence*****

"Be careful out there. Something big is going on with the Teragen at the moment. Earlier tonight, I was at a meeting of sorts with Divis Mal and some other big-name Terats - he executed one of them and basically declared martial law."

"In that case...its you that should be careful out there." And with that, she was out the window, leaving King Cobra alone in his apartment. La Flamberge never liked using the front door.

*****The Party*****

Vi burst into existence before Leiko and James, sending their clothes and the nearby fog into a brief whirl. She was still wearing her Eufiber suit, though her pants were now loose and baggy, and her top was more revealing.

"Leaving already? Where are we headed? I heard Envy went downstairs to meet Geryon. Think we should check it out?"

((So James says no?))

((You guys are free to suggest doing anything within the Blackburn, or even going somewhere else in New York City. If you wanted, Kyle could warp everyone to pretty much anywhere on the planet. His Warp is powerful enough.))

Roach wipes Joes spittle off his arm and makes an odd face that might suggest even he was disgusted by it.

Turning to his master he drops into a low crouch.

"What now Mr. Envy? Seems we're a bit none too popular eh?"

He turns and nods to the other Promethians, which he hadn't spoken with in some time. Welcoming them back to the group.

*****The Party*****

Vi burst into existence before Leiko and James, sending their clothes and the nearby fog into a brief whirl. She was still wearing her Eufiber suit, though her pants were now loose and baggy, and her top was more revealing.

"Leaving already? Where are we headed? I heard Envy went downstairs to meet Geryon. Think we should check it out?"

((So James says no?))

((Even if James doesn't want to ride, and I don't think he does, Leiko will summon her own, and ride it at least to the door. Reputation++. ::happy ))

Leiko looks down at Vi, frowning slightly. "Actually, we were on our way to go look for him. Besides, I don't think that this kind of party is really my thing. Too many ... variables."

A slightly glowing chocobo manifested itself out of nothingness, and lowered itself for Leiko to get onto. It took her through the doorway and into the lounge. The partiers that weren't already unconscious or heavily sedated stopped for a moment to stare, only a few not showing interest. Narcosis grinned.

((We can assume that everyone meets up in a back lounge of the hotel at the same time, conveniently, a lounge that is closed off during the parties. That way everyone reunites and discusses what to do.))

"Hey Vi", said James after the mini-whirlwind had settled down, "been wonderin' when you were gonna show up again."

James watched as Leiko summoned her chocobo, then turned back to Vi and said conspiratorially, with a smile on his face, "I think she wants to show off."He watched her glowing chocobo parade its way out of the dance floor and added, under his breath, "doing a good job of it, too." He couldn't help chuckling at all the staring faces that followed Leiko as she left.

Returning his attention to Vi he said, "Well, if you don't mind waiting up for a slowpoke like me, I'll walk with you. Let's go find Envy."

As he is walking, Envy does a quick telepathic scan to confirm that Turncoat is still where he left him.

As he is finishing the scan, someone speaks to him, requiring his attention.

Kyle silently gets up to follow Envy and whoever else goes with him, waiting until they were out of and a slight ways from the room before addressing Envy. "Excuse me. Envy, correct?" And assuming he gets Envys attention Kyle continues. "My name is Kyle Dighton, and when you have the chance, I would like to speak to you. It is nothing incredibly urgent so if you have other things to do at this particular moment I understand. But it would be appreciated if we could talk at the earliest possible convenience."

"Kyle Dighton. Formerly of Project Utopia, now with Core International... Do you bring a message from The Mathematician?"

"What now Mr. Envy? Seems we're a bit none too popular eh?"
"First I need to conduct an "interview." Then I think the Promethean's need to hold our own council of war."

Arriving at the holding cell, Envy opens the door...

"In that case...its you that should be careful out there."

After she leaves, King Cobra pulls off his mask, and rubs a gloved hand over his bristly cheek. "You may have a point," he says to the open window.

Turncoat's holding cell

Envy sees King Cobra teleport in, just a second or two after he opens the door and enters the cell himself. The vigilante's mask had been off, and is reforming over his face; but, for a split second, his eyes are visible, and they make contact with the empty ones of the Promethean leader. They are strikingly blue, and they make their owner seem strikingly human, for one split second.

Then they are shaded again by Cobra's cowl.

"Envy. What did I miss?"

"First I need to conduct an "interview." Then I think the Promethean's need to hold our own council of war."
Bob says quietly,

"I should be there."

If allowed, Bob will follow Envy and observe Turncoat without saying anything. Bob will note personal mannerisms, voice patterns, that sort of thing.

Roach attempts to follow Envy into the room as well. If turncoat decides to get fresh...Roach will be there to remove the victims limbs. He also ponders a bit on what was mentioned before about his eating this Turncoat. He hadn't eaten a person as of yet...though the thought did send a sudden gurgle to his empty belly.

Roach leaps to the ceiling and hangs upside down to witness the interrogation. He remembers not to drool.

"Kyle Dighton. Formerly of Project Utopia, now with Core International... Do you bring a message from The Mathematician?"

Kyle cant help but smile slightly. "I must admit I am somewhat surprised. Not many even within the Teragen know that much about me. I haven't exactly made any efforts to stand out. As for the reason Im here, it is more a request of my own. Count Orzaiz recommended I come to you."

Kyle just quiets down and listens at this point, continuing to follow the group as he waits for Envys answer. Though he does turn his attention to KC a moment when he appears.

*****The Holding Cell*****

From the seat across from Turncoat, Della turned to face the novas that had entered the room. Turncoat's jaw hung open and his eyes were glazed over. He stared at the blank table, unmoving.

Della turned her attention to Envy. "I went through his mind while you were gone. He's reverted to the original Jesse Hooks, the one that worked for the Directive, but only barely. The Directive Hooks is desperately trying to keep dominance over the other personalities that are trying to come out."

"I can say for sure that the Terat Hooks personality is terrified and has gone into hiding. I probed pretty deep. Something happened to his mind a few days back, something he doesn't seem to be recovering from, something that has scared him. I can't tell exactly what that is, because Turncoat's Terat personality is fearful of being read and hides from my scans."

"Given enough time, I can get through and tell you whatever you need to know."

Lockdown leaned back in his chair and took a bite from a hoagie, dripping mustard onto his shirt. He spoke while chewing. "He hasn't moved at all...thanks to me, 'o course."

Della gave a blank stare.

Lockdown licked his fingers. "Eh, she may 'ave helped a bit."

((BlueNinja: Do you want the chocobo to disappear, or will you keep it up when you enter the lounge?))

Flare paused. *There...is someone that I think could help us. She quit the Cult of Mal years ago, and hasn't been heard from since. I could ask around and find out where she lives. It's a longshot but it may work.**

Jack nods. *Sounds like a good idea. I'll stick with Envy for now if you want to go ahead and ask around...when you find out where she is we can bring it up.*

Envy walks over next to the unconscious Turncoat and lays a hand on his shoulder, leeching him another time for good measure and adding some more juice to his pool.

"I went through his mind while you were gone. He's reverted to the original Jesse Hooks, the one that worked for the Directive, but only barely. The Directive Hooks is desperately trying to keep dominance over the other personalities that are trying to come out."

"I can say for sure that the Terat Hooks personality is terrified and has gone into hiding. I probed pretty deep. Something happened to his mind a few days back, something he doesn't seem to be recovering from, something that has scared him. I can't tell exactly what that is, because Turncoat's Terat personality is fearful of being read and hides from my scans."

"Given enough time, I can get through and tell you whatever you need to know."

He nods. "Thanks for your help here Della. This favor is not going unnoticed..."

"Actually I plan on joining you inside his mind. Your power is stronger of course, so I'll let you do the major digging. I am going to attempt to guide the questioning however, and appear to him as my dormant self. We want him to think that the Directive was finally able to extract him from the Teragen and that its important he cooperate with us and tell us everything he knows, especially about Delormier. If we can, Id like to try and draw out the memory of whatever trauma happened to him, but back off if we start to lose him. Please do what you can to stabilize Hooks hold on his mind. If we do this right, we won't have to use telepathic force...he will want to come clean with us..."

He looks at her and nods. "Whenever you're ready..."

((Telepathy please, coinciding with Della inside Turncoat's mind. Envy adopts his baseline persona of Directive Field Commander Lt. Jericho Drake.))

Kyle was tempted to join the two inside Turncoats mind. He might be able to learn some things himself after all, and he always enjoys learning new things. And while he might not be the most powerful telepath out there, he did tend to have the talent to remain unnoticed while in others minds. But on the other hand he was still rather low on power. Plus if Envy, or more likely Della, did manage to detect him 'snooping' around in Turncoats mind as well they might not appreciate it much and of course Kyle didnt want to 'soil' his reputation with the Promethians. So once again for the moment Kyle just finds a place to relax and wait.

*****The Lounge*****

Vi scanned the lounge for others, then turned to Leiko and James when she was sure no one was within earshot. "We should head downstairs and see if the others are still around. Envy probably wants to have some sort of meeting soon."

((If Leiko and James agree, Vi is already heading downstairs.))

*****Interrogation Room*****

So once again for the moment Kyle just finds a place to relax and wait for the moment.

((If everyone else agrees, you can open a warp to the Trinidad Compound, Envy's home. You guys can all start the meeting, then Envy and anyone that stays behind can come by when he's done.))

*****Envy*****

Della and Envy sat across from Turncoat. They both focused on the unconscious Terat's mind.

((Each success on Telepathy mind-reading rolls equates to one memory/fact uncovered, with certain memories/facts requiring more successes. For simplicity's sake, I won't be keeping track of rounds or time here, since there's no true need to.))

Della entered first. She immediately set to work on Turncoat's mind. Her consciousness dove directly into his memories and altered them with startling ease. And when she was done, the Directive Hooks thought he had been rescued by a Directive cell and was safe from the Teragen. By his mind's perceptions, he sat in a dark room with no walls, with Agent Jericho Drake sitting in front of him.

Envy's Telepathy: 3 successes

Convincing the original Directive agent persona of Jesse Hooks that Envy was a Directive agent as well wasn't easy, even given the situation and Della's previous telepathic efforts. The real work came from masking Envy's Terat identity ((Envy's Telepathy lacks the Surreptitious enhancement, so Turncoat is aware of who is using the power on him)). Envy focused on altering Turncoat's memories more specifically than Della's, to the point where the Directive Hooks percieved Envy as Jericho Drake.

((2 successes used. So while Turncoat is aware his mind is being read, he thinks friendly Jericho is doing it, not Envy.))

Envy could just barely sense Della. She was definetly a master at what she did. Where Envy was stumbling around in a setting not natural to him, she was gliding through barriers and thoughts as if they were her natural environment. Envy focused on distracting Turncoat with conversation, while Della had a look around.

Turncoat's mind was like a quantum zoo to Envy. And behind every cage, there was a different quantum persona. Scanning through the maze of personalities, he could make out countless memorable faces: Scripture, Caestus Pax, Agent Barows, Bounty, Director Harris, Alejandra, The Mathematician, Totentanz, Alafin Sango, Harmony, Count Orzaiz, and at least a hundred others...even Envy himself. But these personas were nothing more than costumes that Turncoat would wear on occasion. They were created by the memories and thoughts of those Turncoat had scanned over the years; they were only as accurate as the minds of those he had infiltrated. They weren't true personas. For those, Envy would have to dig deeper.

((You have 1 success left to scan for a simple memory, convince Hooks of something simple, or rewrite a simple memory, if you choose to use it. This is the opportunity for you to speak to him, but talking to him and asking him questions won't require you to spend any successes. You can make certain Social rolls if you wish.))

*****Della*****

After the Terat Hooks had fled deep inside Turncoat's psyche, the Directive Hooks gained dominance. Della could feel several more personas, each fighting for dominance, but none strong enough to break through. The Directive Hooks had come this far, and he wasn't about to get beaten into submission again. She wasn't familiar with Turncoat or his powers, though she made a note to check in on his mind again as she found it remarkable, but it seemed to her that there were too many personas for him to handle...

But right now she wanted to know the source of what had spooked the Terat Hooks into hiding. According to her earlier scanning, something had happened to Turncoat several days prior that led to his withdrawal. But what?

After a short telepathic search, she located the Terat Hooks persona. He lie deep within Turncoat's psyche, scared to emerge. To Della, it seemed almost as if this persona went into hiding reflexively. His mind was trying its hardest to defend against intrusion, but every quantum block that Turncoat had ever instituted had been overcome earlier thanks to Envy and Lockdown.

Now it was only a matter of reading Turncoat's mind like a book.

*****Flashback*****

Turncoat sat in a plush chair in a hidden room at Villa Orzaiz, his hands tied behind him and his mouth gagged. The Count stared at him. What was he planning on doing to him? What had he done wrong? The Count kneeled down before him, and placed a firm hand on his shoulder.

"It seems fate has led me to do this to you. You see, I can't allow Delorimier to continue manipulating the Teragen for his own ends. His actions led to Fong's capture, and I'm not willing to forgive him for it. And I'll be using you to help me stop him. Obviously I can't trust you to do this on your own. That's why I have Mimi and Lockdown here to help me..."

Turncoat turned to see Mimi enter the room, followed by Lockdown. Orzaiz continued talking, but Turncoat's terrified eyes stayed on Mimi's inhuman face. He knew what her presence meant.

"Lockdown will subdue your powers, and Mimi will help create a new personality within your mind, one that is loyal to me. And it is this personality that will act against Delorimier. He believes you to be absolutely obedient. This trust will be used against him."

Orzaiz stood and walked to the doorway, then looked back. "I doubt you'll be able to recall this after she's done with you. But it will make me feel better if I apologize to you. I'm sorry. I wish there were some other way..."

After Orzaiz left the room, Mimi slowly crept closer, her face splitting open...

Days later, Turncoat stood before Marcel Delorimier in a chapel. The beautiful Cult of Mal leader caressed Turncoat's face gently as he spoke, releasing chemicals into the air. His perfect eyes bore deep into Turncoat's mind.

"And when that happens Turncoat, I need you to alert me. I want to be there when she awakens, and not a moment later. Do not let anyone know that Caroline has awakened. I should be the only Pantheon member to hear the news from you. If Orzaiz gets wind he and Pedro will cause problems for us, and for the entire Cult of Mal. We can't let that happen, do you understand? This is the most important favor I have ever asked of you. I'll supply you with an encrypted transponder to contact me with."

Delorimier turned his back and floated towards a shelf. And at that moment, the recently crafted persona within Turncoat was triggered into dominance. The Cult of Mal Terat that had been in control was swiftly forced into submission, replaced by the Casablanca Hooks. His face turned into a scowl and he focused on his telepathic abilities with all of his power.

((Power max! Giving him the Surreptitious extra, at least.))

The Casablanca Hooks pierced through Delorimier's mind undetected and quickly set to work uncovering the truth of Fong's disappearance. By the time he was finished gathering information from Delorimier's head, the Cult of Mal leader had turned back around to face Turncoat. The Cult of Mal persona of Hooks stared back at his leader, completely oblivious to what his mind had just done.

*****Della*****

Della reached out to Envy telepathically when he was done conversing with the Directive Hooks. "There is a new Hooks we didn't know about, one that Orzaiz had incorporated just recently to read Delorimier's mind. It seems this new persona is too much for Turncoat to handle. He has reached his limit, so to speak, and his mind didn't react very well to the addition, becoming unstable. Since the change, his other personas have managed brief moments of dominance, with the Directive Hooks currently dominant. The combined power of the other personas was too much for the dominant Cult of Mal persona to handle. He's in shock and has retreated, and it's doubtless he'll emerge any time soon."

Envy, as Agent Drake appears in Turncoat's mind. He is dressed in the conservative suit preferred over the garish Blue and Whites of PR Ops. His blond hair is pulled back tightly into a tail and his single adornment is the identification badge clipped to his jacket.

"Welcome home Special Agent Hooks. I can't tell you how relieved we are to have you back. Now, I know you may be frightened. The Teragen member codenamed The Apostle has messed with your mind something fierce, but own Telepaths have managed to stabilize your condition while we develop an antidote to the drugs he's been injecting you with."

"In the meantime, we'ld like to debrief you, and get some HUMINT on the status of things within the Teragen. Think you're up for that Agent Hooks?"

*****Turncoat's Noggin'*****

"Welcome home Special Agent Hooks. I can't tell you how relieved we are to have you back. Now, I know you may be frightened. The Teragen member codenamed The Apostle has messed with your mind something fierce, but own Telepaths have managed to stabilize your condition while we develop an antidote to the drugs he's been injecting you with."

"In the meantime, we'ld like to debrief you, and get some HUMINT on the status of things within the Teragen. Think you're up for that Agent Hooks?"

Jesse Hooks' face was a mixture of relief and terror, yet his gaze never met Agent Drake's; his wide-opened eyes stared forward, locked into place. He also spoke in a single tone, without emotion.

"Yes sir. You see, ever since Delorimier captured my alternate personality, I've never been in control, but I've been able to observe much. Delorimier himself is vicious, and he plans on betraying many within the movement to further his own position under Divis Mal. I believe if we let him be, he'll end up taking down a sizeable portion of the movement in his conquest. Orzaiz, The Mathematician, Envy, and others...he hates them all and wants them removed. The biggest obstacle for us is his ability to make people addicted to his chemicals. Our agents should always keep their distance from him. He has many addicted novas that obey him without question. There's Clarion and the Kabal, the Four Horsemen, and others. He's even trying to control Narcosis and Synapse, but I don't think he has been successful. It was Delorimier that gave away Caroline Fong to the Utopians, and it was Delorimier that developed the drug Hype. And ever since the Anningsley scandal in England, he's been considering converting baselines as followers. Please believe me when I say that the Apostle is the biggest threat within the Teragen after Divis Mal himself."

*****The Interrogation Room*****

As Envy concentrated on Turncoat, his body shifted into that of Agent Hooks of the Directive, whose mind he was reading. Onlookers saw two identical-looking Turncoats. Roach's stomach became confused.

Leiko, James, and Jane arrived as the interrogation began. After several moments of watching Della and Envy sit motionless in a telepathic trance, Jane spoke up. "Shouldn't we be doing something instead of watching? We need to plan our strategy."

Flare looked at the Terat and agreed. "I think we should head back to the mansion. I can't say I trust this hotel's...privacy. All apologies to dear Synapse, but you never know who may be listening in. We can get Envy when he's done, whenever that may be. He'll understand the urgency."

Flare turned to Kyle. "I heard you were the transporter that assisted Bob and Leiko earlier. Would you take us to Envy's mansion? That is, if it won't be any kind of inconvenience..." She gave the CORE Terat a flirtatious smile with her request.

Kyle became rather still and silent after settling himself, his only mivement before Flare speaking to him being a slight turn of his head toward the door when Leiko, James, and Jane entered the room.

Flare turned to Kyle. "I heard you were the transporter that assisted Bob and Leiko earlier. Would you take us to Envy's mansion? That is, if it won't be any kind of inconvenience..." She gave the CORE Terat a flirtatious smile with her request.

At this point however, Kyle turns his attention to Flare, though perhaps surprisingly he shows no visible signs of being affected by Flares smile, his expression remaining as calm as usual. He would simply listen, then nods when she was finished. "I suppose I can take you all there yes. Though I hope you do not mind my joining you? After all I believe the matter I wish to discuss with Envy I should also discussed with the rest of you Promethians as well."

And should his request be accepted, Kyle would then ask Flare to gather up everyone that was going and then once again pulls out his telebeacon to better pinpoint the mansions location and make opening the gate there easier.

"I suppose I can take you all there yes. Though I hope you do not mind my joining you? After all I believe the matter I wish to discuss with Envy I should also discussed with the rest of you Promethians as well."

And should his request be accepted, Kyle would then ask Flare to gather up everyone that was going and then once again pulls out his telebeacon to better pinpoint the mansions location and make opening the gate there easier

Flare nods. "Of course. I see no reason for us to refuse your company. If the others trust you, I will as well."

Warp roll: 10 successes

Kyle's warp hole opens against a wall. The telebeacen was a great help; this was his first time ever warping to Envy's mansion and it looked to be successful. On the other side of the warp, he could see the backside of the mansion.

((Anyone that wishes to go through to the mansion can. There's not much for anyone besides Envy to do here right now, but if you wish to stay, that's fine.))

*****The Trinidad Compound*****

The mansion itself was currently being staffed by only a small portion of the normal servant staff. No novas were present, and the mansion was calm and quiet.

((I assume everyone that enters the warp heads to the underground meeting room?))

Kyle of course allows everyone else to move through the gate first, and then once he was sure everyone that was going through had done so, he steps through himself. Kyle would then just quietly follow the others for the time being, looking over the new area as they went and taking things in.

((If Leiko or Roach decide to go through, we'll assume they do so before the warp closes.))

((We'll also assume that by this point everyone is at least familiar with the death of Caroline Fong. News has spread, and everyone knows that Divis killed her and what his reasoning was. To convince unbelievers, Synapse has released a short video clip of Mal turning the Mother of Teras into ash. This also saves us the trouble of parroting the events of her death again.))

*****The Meeting Room*****

Flare got comfortable at the Promethean's Roundtable room next to Jack. She helped Kyle into the room and showed him to a seat, then she waited for everyone else to get situated before she stood. As she spoke, her eyes lit up.

((Flare activates her Center of Attention enhancement to make sure she has everyone's attention. This isn't some form of manipulation or mental control on her part, she simply wants everyone to pay attention.))

"A lot has happened today. We struck a blow to the Michaelites. We rescued Erik. And now poor Caroline is dead. This morning it looked like we had finally reached some form of unity, but now looking back it was only an illusion, and it took Mal to show us this. We led ourselves to think we were united, yet in truth we were not. We are fragmented. It's obvious that many within the movement dislike each other. And now Mal wants us all to settle our differences...and we all know what that means. It's a lot to take in, and I know that I can hardly believe it myself. But we can't change the past...we can only move forward. What is done is done; we have no choice but to fight."

"So I suppose this is a tactical military meeting. We have to plan our strategy. I'd love to think we could just negotiate our problems away, mediating with our aggressive bretheren. But I know such an effort would be unsuccessful, and so do all of you. The other factions cannot be mediated with any more than we can be mediated with. Just like us, they all have their own ideas of how the One Race should exist, their own ideas of what the Teragen should represent. And just like us, they'll do whatever is necessary to survive and come out in Mal's favor. This is going to be a dark time for the movement. Perhaps looking back, years from now, it will all seem like a necessity. Hopefully, it will be us looking back."

Flare sat down before continuing. ((She drops Center of Attention.))

"I know the Apostle well enough to know that he'll use any trick available against us. He doesn't do 'nice' or 'fair' and neither should we in return. if we don't repond in kind, he'll easily crush us. He's won't be happy about Envy's speech at the Chrysalis Chamber if he ever hears it, and he'll want us eliminated. Truth be told, he was never very fond of me either since I refused to become one of his followers. If not for Scripture, the Apostle probably would have forced me into his flock. I shudder to think about it."

"He has a legion of loyal novas, and he pulls the strings on a large web of manipulations. I cannot grasp the extent to which his treachery runs, but what little I have seen has shown me that there is no level he won't go to in order to get what he wants. We need to be on our guard at all times."

"And though I don't want to put anyone into a panic, I think I should stress that we can only trust ourselves now...we're alone in this struggle."

((If Leiko or Roach decide to go through, we'll assume they do so before the warp closes.))
Before Leiko steps through, she'll look at Bob (who is staying behind) and tell him, "We have a cease-fire of sorts with Narcosis. Let Envy know when he's finished."
"I know the Apostle well enough to know that he'll use any trick available against us. He doesn't do 'nice' or 'fair' and neither should we in return. if we don't repond in kind, he'll easily crush us. He's won't be happy about Envy's speech at the Chrysalis Chamber if he ever hears it, and he'll want us eliminated. Truth be told, he was never very fond of me either since I refused to become one of his followers. If not for Scripture, the Apostle probably would have forced me into his flock. I shudder to think about it."

"He has a legion of loyal novas, and he pulls the strings on a large web of manipulations. I cannot grasp the extent to which his treachery runs, but what little I have seen has shown me that there is no level he won't go to in order to get what he wants. We need to be on our guard at all times."

"And though I don't want to put anyone into a panic, I think I should stress that we can only trust ourselves now...we're alone in this struggle."

Leiko sits quietly for most of the speech before rising to her own feet. "The Apostle does look to be *pop* most dangerous enemy at the moment. I spoke with Narcosis while En*hiss* meeting with Geryon. She has agreed to a ... cease-fire, of s*crackle* we do not act against her, she will not act against us. I would say this makes us safe only from obvious treachery from the direction of the Pandaimoniom. At the moment, I beli*crackle*s sincere," Leiko pauses to let a sardonic smile rise on her face, "but should we be in danger of either falling to the Church of Mal, or breaking Delorimer's hold on them, I think she will strike then to unbalance *hiss* herself in a better position."

She grimaces at the end and slides back into her seat. "If my speech is less than clear, I can type it *pop*."

Agent Drake nods at Agent Hooks, one arm crossed and the other hand thoughtfully holding his chin.

"Very good Hooks. You have gotten far closer than anyone has ever gotten and returned. Now what we really need are specifics. I'd like to ask you more about Divis Mal, but he has a reputation for being elusive even within his own movement. This Delormier is far easier to pin down. What do you know of his next moves? Did he confide in you his plans? If the Teragen is going to be battling itself from within, it is just the opportunity we have been watching and waiting for..."

*****Trinidad*****

Flare listened to Leiko. "I guess not having Narcosis as an enemy is a relief, though she most certainly will betray us later unless we give her some reason not to. She likely has problems of her own to deal with and doesn't want to agitate us, since that would agitate Orzaiz and he's a threat to her power. I do find her offer suspicious; Narcosis and the Apostle have been working closely the last few years, and Delorimier has a fixation on her. I wonder...perhaps she is leading him on? I wouldn't put it past her."

Jane spoke up. "What about Shrapnel and the Primacy? Shrapnel would love to see James dead." The speedster looked at James. "You're like a living, walking target to her. You could be making all of us into enemies of the Primacy, just by association. Should we even be seen with you?"

Jane's eyes drifted to Kyle. "And who the hell is he?"

*****Blackburn*****

Turncoat's face didn't change expression. "He rarely told me of his plans Sir, he only told me what I needed to know for my missions. But I suspect that he'll use his Four Horsemen against his enemies. They're a group of obedient Cult of Mal novas that carry out his word. They're heartless, brutal. They work anonymously and efficiently. I only discovered the identities of two of them, called Radiance and Icewolf. I suspect there are more than four."

"He also has Clarion and the Kabal under his command. They're young, but just as loyal and fanatical as the rest of the Cult of Mal. Only a few Kabal novas have been rescued from Project Utopia since Teen Tomorrow captured them, I think three, but there are enough for the group to pose a threat."

"I also know that Delorimier plans on converting baselines to his cult. I don't know how he plans on doing this exactly, but I suspect he will start in France where his power is strongest."

"Hmm. Were you able to discover or extrapolate any weak points? Where is he most vulnerable?"

After waiting for his response, Agent Drake moves on.

"In addition to Delormier, we have reports of someone in the Cult called Scripture, who is allegedly close with Divis mal himself. What is the relationship between Delormier and this Scripture?"

*****Blackburn*****

"Hmm. Were you able to discover or extrapolate any weak points? Where is he most vulnerable?"

"He doesn't possess any directly offensive or defensive powers as far as anyone knows. It's his charisma and drug-producing ability that makes him a difficult target to overcome."

"I...I'm not sure where he's most vulnerable. He has numerous Terats under his command, and they are fanatical towards him. His nova powers let him turn anyone he meets into a slave, like he did with me. Just being in the same room as Delorimier puts someone at risk."

"In addition to Delormier, we have reports of someone in the Cult called Scripture, who is allegedly close with Divis mal himself. What is the relationship between Delormier and this Scripture?"

"Delorimier runs the Cult of Mal, but Scripture is the cult's mentor, and this gives him authority over Delorimier. Scripture put Delorimier through Chrysalis and he's been Mal's lover for as long as anyone has known Mal. Scripture was with Mal before Mal joined the Teragen and everyone in the movement respects him."

"Scripture sometimes disciplines Delorimier when he gets out of hand via his quantum abilities over language and communication. He once made Delorimier speak in tongues until he felt he had learned his lesson. Scripture is the only person in the Teragen besides Mal that I'm confident can overpower Delorimier."

Della's voice echoed into Envy's mind. "I think we should end this soon. Prolonged telepathic contact can have bad side effects, and he's unstable enough as it is. We can get more later, if need be."

*****Trinidad*****

Flare listened to Leiko. "I guess not having Narcosis as an enemy is a relief, though she most certainly will betray us later unless we give her some reason not to. She likely has problems of her own to deal with and doesn't want to agitate us, since that would agitate Orzaiz and he's a threat to her power. I do find her offer suspicious; Narcosis and the Apostle have been working closely the last few years, and Delorimier has a fixation on her. I wonder...perhaps she is leading him on? I wouldn't put it past her."

Jane spoke up. "What about Shrapnel and the Primacy? Shrapnel would love to see James dead." The speedster looked at James. "You're like a living, walking target to her. You could be making all of us into enemies of the Primacy, just by association. Should we even be seen with you?"

Jane's eyes drifted to Kyle. "And who the hell is he?"

James regarded her coolly. "That's up to you Vi", he said and arched an eyebrow. "Why, are you scared?"

:Crickets Chirping:

Bob watches people’s facial expressions, especially Turncoat’s, and settles down to wait a while. Watching telepaths at work isn’t quite as boring as being on a stake out, but he’s done that too. This isn’t his first stake out, it won’t be his last.

Kyle gave a light nod of thanks to Flare when she helped him find a seat, and then just seated himself and quietly listens to the discussion until Vi asks her question about him. He would first let James give his answer, and then speaks up himself.

"My name is Kyle Dighton. Aside from that, for now just rest assured I am a friend. So there will be no need to repeat myself, I believe it is best to wait until Envy arrives before I explain my purpose here. After I do however, you can all feel free to ask any questions you might still have."

Archived