Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - What Lies Beneath

Blue Thunder

Bob comments,

"Oh, I'm sure I'll fit right in."

Bob makes a mystic gesture and shifts into his default form wearing John Travolta’s Saturday Night Fever disco outfit. He continues,

“I’ve been meaning to meet Narcosis anyway. "

Leiko looks at Bob, with a tiny smirk on her face. "Narcosis is either the most shallow, vain, self-centered nova outside of Team Tomorrow ... or she is a most *crackle*tent actress. Most of her followers can be twisted like soft clay."

Leiko turns towards the monitor where Orzaiz was watching someone who looked like Envy. "Has all else gone well tonight, Count? Did Geryon's planned attacks succeed, or have more of the One Race fallen in pointless bickering?"

Kyle figured he should consider possibly sticking around and attending. While he didnt usually attend partys and the like, he figured he might be able to use a little 'break' and it might be a chance to meet some other Terats. However for the moment there were other matters to attend to. So Kyle waits for the Count to finish before offering a nod of greeting and then speaks up. "Its a pleasure to finally meet you in person Count. But all pleasantries aside, there is something I would like to speak to you about, when you have the chance."

"Oh, I'm sure I'll fit right in."

Bob makes a mystic gesture and shifts into his default form wearing John Travolta’s Saturday Night Fever disco outfit. He continues,

“I’ve been meaning to meet Narcosis anyway. "

"I dearly hope you just now made that person up, and he isn't one of your 'meals'..."

"Narcosis is either the most shallow, vain, self-centered nova outside of Team Tomorrow ... or she is a most *crackle*tent actress. Most of her followers can be twisted like soft clay."

"Don't underestimate Narcosis. One of her greatest advantages is that no one takes her as seriously as they take themselves."

"Has all else gone well tonight, Count? Did Geryon's planned attacks succeed, or have more of the One Race fallen in pointless bickering?"

"The attacks went better than expected. Every team carried out their goals, and the Austin raid made it to live OpNet. Flare and Jack made a spectacle of the event, and we've captured Firefly, leader of Team Tomorrow Auxiliary. Every media source on the planet is covering it."

"Its a pleasure to finally meet you in person Count. But all pleasantries aside, there is something I would like to speak to you about, when you have the chance."

"Yes, there is much to discuss..."

Orzaiz's smile disappeared again. He walked to his desk and held down a button. "Julianne, please come to my office immediately, and bring every Terat you can find with you. All of them. This is important."

He turned to Kyle. "Before the others get here, what was it you wanted to speak about?"

Kyle listens quietly as Orzaiz makes his other comments, then when he asks what it was Kyle wanted to talk about, Kyle pauses for a few moments before shaking his head. "I believe it is something better discussed in private. And it can wait. Its nothing incredibly urgent. Just some things I believe you should know." And with that Kyle folds his arms and waits for the others to arrive.

"I dearly hope you just now made that person up, and he isn't one of your 'meals'..."
Bob replies,

"I have better taste than that."

"Don't underestimate Narcosis. One of her greatest advantages is that no one takes her as seriously as they take themselves."
::blink
Orzaiz's smile disappeared again. He walked to his desk and held down a button. "Julianne, please come to my office immediately, and bring every Terat you can find with you. All of them. This is important."
::huh

Over the period of several minutes, a number of Terats entered Orzaiz's office.

- Bridgett Caulder, a Casablanca and a nova detective. She ran a private investigation agency from one of the middle floors and had recently undergone Chrysalis, which left her with hardened chalk-white skin. She was reading in her office when Jester summoned her.

- Noor, an older Terat and one of the earliest Cult of Mal Terats. She wore a black robe with a veil over most of her face, and a soft glow emanated from her forehead at all times. She was praying at the shrine of Mal on one of the Blackburn's upper floors when she was summoned.

- Eric Ballard, an event organizer/planner, Pandamonion Terat, and part of Narcosis' inner circle. He wore a Eufiber business suit and had spiked hair made of steel strands. He was there to set up for Narcosis' presence that night.

- Damian Storm, a Nova Vigilance Terat. He looked baseline, with a bald head and muscled body, and wore blue jeans and a white t-shirt. He was staying in one of the hotel rooms.

- Jullianne "Jester" Beaumont, the head of security at the Blackburn. She wore a tight black suit with a gold and white jester mask. She was the last to arrive.

Already there: Orzaiz, Leiko, Kyle, Bob, Erik, and Jenny "Speck" Finn.

Jester made sure the door was locked after she came in. "This is everyone I could find, sir. Anyone else is out of the building because of the raids, or unaccounted for."

"Good, thank you Jullianne," Orzaiz said "I've called you all here because something has happened."

"...happened? Spit it out already." Damian said.

Orzaiz hesitated, not sure how to appraoch the news.

"I'll be blunt. About fifteen minutes ago, Divis Mal killed Caroline Fong as she arose from her Chrysalis. He implied that the Teragen was holding itself back and that it needed to find its way. He felt that sacrificing Caroline was the only way to show us this. He's calling for the Teragen to become unified in its mission."

The group of Terats stirred. Each seemed to have a different reaction to the news. Orzaiz held his hand up. "That's all I know. I suggest you tell every Terat you can..."

The light on Noor's forehead swelled to cover her entire body, and she teleported away. Damian quickly left the room through the door, and behind him was Ballard on his cell-phone. Bridgett and Jester looked at each other for a moment, then to Orzaiz.

As soon as the non-Casablancas had left, Orzaiz leapt into action, giving out commands. "Jullianne, I need you on the floor tonight watching every Terat for suspicious activity. This could spill over very quickly, so make sure things don't escalate. The last thing we need is a war erupting. I want to know about every Terat entering and leaving the Blackburn in the coming days."

"Jenny, I need you to do some extra infiltration work for me. Deloremier is our biggest concern right now. I need you to uncover the identities of his Four Horsemen. Even just one of the four would be good, and give us the upper hand."

"Bridgett, pull your sources for all you can and make sure to stay on top of things. I want you to dig up the secret identities of any Terat you can, as well as anything we could use to blackmail them. For now, focus on Primacy and Nova Vigilance. They're the easiest targets."

The three women left as Orzaiz gave them instructions. Speck turned to the group and waved goodbye as she left.

Orzaiz turned to Leiko and Bob. "I know you follow Envy, but the Prometheans and the Casablancas are together in this battle. I hope it won't be too much to ask that you shelter Erik someplace where the others won't find him. I suggest one of the rooms here at the Blackburn for tonight. Terats come and go in this place, but it's amazingly secure. Keep him safe. And no matter what you do, don't let anyone from the Cult of Mal near him. If Deloremier got his hands on Erik, everything would be over."

Erik crossed his arms. "What is going on? What is happening?"

"Something unexpected. There will be plenty of time to explain in detail later. But for now, I have things that need to be done. Miss Takei, Colony...be safe." Orzaiz replied.

He turned to Kyle. "You needed to speak to me in private? You'll need to make it quick. I'm meeting with Pedro soon."

Orzaiz hesitated, not sure how to approach the news.

"I'll be blunt. About fifteen minutes ago, Divis Mal killed Caroline Fong as she arose from her Chrysalis. He implied that the Teragen was holding itself back and that it needed to find its way. He felt that sacrificing Caroline was the only way to show us this. He's calling for the Teragen to become unified in its mission."

Bob says,

"God." ::blink

Orzaiz turned to Leiko and Bob. "I know you follow Envy, but the Prometheans and the Casablancas are together in this battle. I hope it won't be too much to ask that you shelter Erik someplace where the others won't find him. I suggest one of the rooms here at the Blackburn for tonight. Terats come and go in this place, but it's amazingly secure. Keep him safe. And no matter what you do, don't let anyone from the Cult of Mal near him. If Deloremier got his hands on Erik, everything would be over."
Bob usually reacts quickly but this was a bit much to take in. ::blink ::blink Bob asks,

“Thank you Count. That's sound advise. Does Envy know about this?”

Kyle was quiet and seemingly expressionless through the explanation. Though while showing little outwardly, he was processing all of this and thinking over what he himself should do about all this. However when Orzaiz finally turns his attention back to him, Kyle nods. "I understand. I by no means would want to delay you. I can fully understand why you would want to talk to him at a time like this. And it shouldnt take long." However before saying anything else, Kyle waits for Bob and Leiko to exit the room with Erik

Leiko has been struck mute at this strange and disturbing turn of events, but she nods to Bob, following him for the moment. Once they're in a room, she leans over to say quietly to Bob, "I know that you and Envy have *crackle* sort of bond between each other. Do you think it would be wise to try and comm*pop*te with him right now?"

Leiko has been struck mute at this strange and disturbing turn of events, but she nods to Bob, following him for the moment. Once they're in a room, she leans over to say quietly to Bob, "I know that you and Envy have *crackle* sort of bond between each other. Do you think it would be wise to try and comm*pop*te with him right now?"
Bob says,

"Unfortunately it's not that kind of link. We share appearance, history, and origin. In many ways he’s my brother… but for communication we’re stuck with phones or renting telepaths like everyone else. But speaking of phones,”

Bob picks up a phone and starts dialing, his outfit shifts into a nondescript jeans and red tee-shirt,

“Let’s give our place a call and see if he’s back. Even if he's not the others need to know what's happened.”

**Leiko/Bob***

The room was a midlevel hotel room with two beds. It was mostly nondescript, but Terats got to stay for free. Unless they stayed for too long, in which case they needed to provide some sort of service or they became indebted to Synapse, who ran the place. This wasn't much of a concern for Leiko and Bob, who were only there temporarily.

((Cross-thread magic! If James picks up the phone, he'll reply in this thread.))

***Kyle***

The door shuts behind Leiko and Bob, leaving Kyle alone with the Count. Orzaiz sat behind his desk and offered a chair to Kyle.

"Now, what was it?"

The door shuts behind Leiko and Bob, leaving Kyle alone with the Count. Orzaiz sat behind his desk and offered a chair to Kyle.

"Now, what was it?"

Kyle turns his attention back to Orzaiz after the rest leave, nodding in thanks as Orzaiz offers the chair and moves to sit down. "Just a few things I thought you should know, if for no other reason than to pass on to whoever will be overseeing Erik. First of all, we were already breefed that Erik might not be entirely 'stable'. And while I unfortunately still cannot say anything for certain, I think there is still a fair possibility that he may not be. Second, I thought I should also warn you that it seems that Erik is far more intelligent than originally estimated." Kyle then quiets down and for the moment waits for Orzaiz's responce and to see if he had any questions.

Orzaiz leans back in his chair. "If this were any other time, I'd be giving Erik my undivided attention. But circumstances being what they are, I don't have the time for it. I have a favor to ask of you Mr. Dighton. Would you be willing to watch over Erik for me? As a keeper or watcher of sorts, perhaps even as a teacher. He may be intelligent, but you're one of the smartest novas alive. You can make sure that he's safe, using your warp hole if necessary, and you can teach him about things many other novas can't."

"I apologize if this is insulting to someone of your staggering capabilities, but Pedro tells me you're becoming restless in the CORE labs. Additionally, with this turn of events, every nova matters. Having you in the lab would only weaken your standing, and make you an easy target. You need to be around others who will protect you and watch out for you. This is going to be a chaotic time for the movement, more dangerous than anything that has ever come before. Every Terat has to stand up for what they believe in. 'Allies will become enemies, and enemies will become allies'...those words were spoken by Divis years ago before a meeting of the Pantheon. And now it looks like those words have come true."

Kyle listens quietly and patiently until Orzaiz finishes, and then he shakes his head. "On the contrary, it is not insulting at all. In fact, in all honesty the chance interests me. As you may know, even before my eruption I was a scientist that studied novas. The chance to observe and study a nova with such unique talents, as well as help teach him, should be rather fascinating. However at the same time I feel I should ask if you are certain you want me to take care of him? I am not so pridefull that I cannot admit that I am not at my best socially. And I havent had very much experience watching over others. But with that said, and you still are certain, I will do my best. As for the situation, yes it does seem like things will be getting turbulent very quickly. And I believe you are right. Perhaps it is time I get more allies."

"The Prometheans will assist you, I'm sure. Envy can be trusted. Just make sure Erik doesn't fall to one of the other factions. Anyways, I have to go see Pedro, and the sooner the better. We have planning to do. Be safe."

Orzaiz opened his cell phone and punched in a code, and waited for his pick-up. Soon, a teleporter would arrive to ferry him to Pedro.

((In several hours, partying starts downstairs at the Blackburn, like it does every Saturday night, with Terats and non Teragen novas in attendance. Until that time, you can join the others or wander off on your own. Other Prometheans are going to be arriving soon too, possibly the whole team.))

Kyle nods and stands "Very well. I will do what I am able. In any case, yes I dont want to keep you. As said I can fully understand why you would want to speak with Pedro. Would you care for me to open a gate for you?" Of course, Kyle was rather familiar with the areas Pedro was often at, so doing so shouldnt be to difficult for him.

Kyle nods when Orzaiz accepts his offer and then gets up before taking a few moments to concentrate and open the gate. Once it was open, Kyle tell Orzaiz "Once again, it was a pleasure to meet you sir." then after Orzaiz steps through Kyle closes the gate and heads out of the room and starts to look for the room where Bob, Leiko, and Erik had gone to.

Once he finds the room, Kyle enters and offers Bob and Leiko a nod in greeting before turning his attention to Erik. "The count regrets being unable to attend to you personally, but unfortunately the current situation requires his full attention. Therefor he has asked me to look after you instead. Any objections?"

**Leiko/Bob***

The room was a midlevel hotel room with two beds. It was mostly nondescript, but Terats got to stay for free. Unless they stayed for too long, in which case they needed to provide some sort of service or they became indebted to Synapse, who ran the place. This wasn't much of a concern for Leiko and Bob, who were only there temporarily.

((Cross-thread magic! If James picks up the phone, he'll reply in this thread.))

James found his way into one of the isolated underground chambers of the mansion. This one in particular was designed for martial arts practice, though it hadn't received too much use since its construction. It was almost constantly unoccupied, making it perfect for meditation.

Unfortunately, James was only about five minutes into meditating when a phone rang nearby. Who the hell kept a phone in a dojo? A red light came from the phone; it wasn't the mansion's public number, it was one of the private lines only known to certain Terats.

Figures... James thought ruefully as he hauled himself up and walked over to the phone, feeling his mind lose its center as he did so.

Man, I am wiped out! he thought as he picked up the phone.

He picked up the phone, put it to his mouth, and spoke.

"This is James, what's up?"

The Colony says,

"Bob here. Hey, is Envy there? … About 25 minutes ago, Divis killed Fong as she was getting out of her Chrysalis. I’m told he claimed he wanted to show us that we’re holding ourselves back.”

"Hey Bob...nah man, he hasn't come back yet. We just got back ourselves..." said James, wondering what was up. His eyes widened as Bob continued.

"Are you serious!? He just killed her? ...That must be why Geryon just up and left like that! Who else knows about this?"

"Are you serious!? He just killed her? ...That must be why Geryon just up and left like that! Who else knows about this?"
Bob answers,

"I didn't see it, but we got called into a room and it was announced. There were people from most of the factions, I figure pretty near everyone will know in the next fifteen minutes.”

“Hey, I’d ask you how everything went, but I figure you’d better tell every Pro there.”

Bob answers,

"I didn't see it, but we got called into a room and it was announced. There were people from most of the factions, I figure pretty near everyone will know in the next fifteen minutes.”

"Yeah, Geryon and his crew already know about it. I heard him on the phone with Epoch talking about something to do with Fong, but I didn't think much about it. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who counts already knows all about it."

“Hey, I’d ask you how everything went, but I figure you’d better tell every Pro there.”
"Just turn on a television set. There were news cameras all over the place. I took Firefly out and Jack nabbed her while the Upies just stood and stared, so the Prometheans did alright tonight I'd say. Speaking of which, Jack and Jill are the only Pros here so far as I know, and I'm not even sure they're still here. I'll go see who's here and give 'em the good news, but what are we doing about it? I mean, do you want us to meet you guys there, or are you guys heading back here? This place is probably more secure, but it'd be easier to keep our ears to the ground at the Blackburn what with all the activity."

James waited for the response, but then suddenly spoke up again, "Oh yeah! How'd it go with you guys? Everything turn out okay?"

"Just turn on a television set. There were news cameras all over the place. I took Firefly out and Jack nabbed her while the Upies just stood and stared, so the Prometheans did alright tonight I'd say. Speaking of which, Jack and Jill are the only Pros here so far as I know, and I'm not even sure they're still here. I'll go see who's here and give 'em the good news, but what are we doing about it? I mean, do you want us to meet you guys there, or are you guys heading back here? This place is probably more secure, but it'd be easier to keep our ears to the ground at the Blackburn what with all the activity."
Bob says outloud to the room,

"James' says we should turn on the TV to see how they did. He also wants to know if we're going there or if he should come here."

James waited for the response, but then suddenly spoke up again, "Oh yeah! How'd it go with you guys? Everything turn out okay?"
Bob says,

"Yeah, it turned out pretty well."

*****Kyle*****

Once he finds the room, Kyle enters and offers Bob and Leiko a nod in greeting before turning his attention to Erik. "The count regrets being unable to attend to you personally, but unfortunately the current situation requires his full attention. Therefor he has asked me to look after you instead. Any objections?"

Erik put down a book he was looking at the cover of ((your Mega-Perception reveals its a traveller's map book of North America)), and wiped a small amount of dust off the fingers of his gloves. He watched the dust fall to the ground, then turned to Kyle with an almost placid look on his face. It was like all active emotion had been drained from his body, leaving him listless. He casually replied "No problem at all..." then his vision slowly wandered off.

Erik's emotional state had shifted several times since Kyle had encountered him. Was he mentally damaged from childhood, mentally unstable from Taint, or a really good actor?

((If everyone wants to meet up at the Blackburn it's fine, if they don't, that's fine too. Narcosis will be there later at night with other Pandamonion Terats, and Nova Vigilance uses the Blackburn as it's unofficial hang-out and Geryon and his crew are likely to show up, so it's sure to be a good place to make fast allegiances and enemies. If everyone, or even just one or a few people, want to be elsewhere, that's perfectly fine.))

Erik's emotional state had shifted several times since Kyle had encountered him. Was he mentally damaged from childhood, mentally unstable from Taint, or a really good actor?

Kyle decided not to worry about this particular matter for the moment. Considering it seemed he was going to be Eriks primary caretaker for the time being, he figured there was plenty of time to try and 'figure him out'. So for now, Kyle simply offers a small smile and nods as he responds "Good. My name is Kyle Dighton, if you havent already gotten it. If you need anything, come to me and I will see what I can do to provide it. Later, I will show you to my home. But for now......"

Kyle then turns back toward Bob and Leiko, and considering Bob was still on the phone Kyle primarally addresses Leiko "Orzaiz also said I should seek assistance from your faction. Considering recent events I do believe it would be wise to seek allies, and I also must admit thatI have been rather interested in what I have heard about you Promethians. When possible I would like to speak to your leader, Envy."

Kyle also of course heard Bobs comment about how they shoud turn on the TV, but he also knew why so he makes no move to do so himself. At this particular moment Kyle wasnt all that interested in how the raids went. He could read about it later on the OpNet. Right now he had other things on his mind.

((You guys are free to go pretty much anywhere in the Blackburn that you want to right now. The party for tonight is still being prepared for, so it's mostly empty downstairs. Of course, behind the scenes, everything will be hectic as news of Caroline Fong spreads. Some of the other PCs will be arriving, so do what you want until then, like talk with other Terats at the hotel, explore around, set up plans, make calls, sleep, suck on your thumb...whatever. It shouldn't be too long before everyone that wants to arrive does arrive.))

Archived