Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - Blood for the One Race

Blue Thunder

He makes his way out and flies (with wings!) to a cave near a beach. They make their way inside and wait for Firefly to wake up.

The high-tide was in, so waves were crashing into the cave's entrance, creating a soothing background ambience. Firefly's body was set against a wall, and Flare placed a hand over the T2Mer's chest. A dim light flowed from Flare's hand into Firefly's wounds, and Firefly's eyes began to open.

*Something I learned while in the Cult of Mal. Noor was my mentor when I first joined the movement, and she taught me much...* Flare said. She looked into Jack's eyes. *Anyways, I'll let you speak now. She'll recognize you now*

Firefly was still badly injured and had mox running through her system, so she was in no power to get away or think too clearly. She breathed heavily and looked at her surroundings, then back at Jack and Flare, but she said nothing. She laid in place and waited to see what they had planned to do with her.

Jack looks at her and lets her take everything in. He forms an ear-like mound of flesh on the side of his 'head', then digs out a small bit of his metal and puts it up to his ear like he would be rubbing it into the ear...then offers it to firefly.

(Going to offer the Psilink to her)

Jack nods slightly, and rolls the material between his fingers making it dissapear back into his body.

He looks at Flare briefly, asking her to relay his words to her.

*That is understandable. I could have forced it on you while you were out, but I wanted to give you the option. All I want to do is talk to you for a few minutes, though. I will take it back after we get done talking if you prefer. Otherwise my Lovley Flare here will have to talk for me. Are you sure you wont reconsider?*

After getting the number he could reach Bob at, James hung up and went looking for Jack and Flare, or any other Prometheans that might turn up. He didn't find any Prometheans, but Hiroshima and Nagasaki were in the dining room and told him that Flare and Jack had disappeared into the woods for something (probably with Firefly, he thought). They didn't have any idea where Jack might be specifically, so James asked them to tell Jack and Flare to call Bob at the Blackburn when he got back. After giving them the number James found a phone and called Bob himself to ask if there was anyone there who could ferry him over.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki remained in the dining hall, but all the others seemed to have left already. The Tanaka Twins ((Hiroshima and Nagasaki)) alerted James that Jack and Jill had taken Firefly away into the wilderness for something, but they weren't sure what, since the two never spoke out loud to each other. Jane still hadn't been heard from since she left with Epoch's team for the Michaelite attacks earlier.

((If James wants to get to the Blackburn, Kyle would be able to ferry him there, or perhaps another teleporter. If there was something else you had in mind, feel free.))

Jack nods and reoffers the bit of his substance.

Once she applies it to her ear, the effect takes hold. He projects his words into Fireflys mind.

*Hello Firefly. As I have said before, through Flare, my name was William Turner. I am now named 'Jack'. If it would help, I can change my appearance back to how I looked before, but I am fond of what I ahve become. To the point though, I was hoping to give you the opportunity to talk to me...ask me questions or whatever you like. My goal is to show the world that I am a terat of my own free will. I don't want the media to say that I have been brainwashed without someone who can show themselves to the world at large there to say otherwise. I would like you to be the one to spread that message.* he says motioning to flare when he talks about her.

Firefly's expression didn't change, but her mental voice was much angrier than her face showed *How do I know you're still you? The Teragen brainwashed Saxon, and look what happened to him. You're going to be next. That bitch will have you crying about Mal's divinity before the year is over.*

*You're a lost cause...and don't think I'd ever tell anyone otherwise.*

Firefly struggled to stand. Once she was on her feet, she tried pulling the liquid metal from her ear, and stumbled out of the cave and down the shoreline.

Flare looked at Jack *If she believed you, she would never admit it, you know. Perhaps it was enough to simply tell her how you felt? I think it will take a while to set in. I also think we should return to the mansion.*

Jack looks down as she makes her thoughts known and stumbles out. If he heard Flare he dosent say, but he stands and walks after her. He puts his hand on her shoulder and projects.

*You should stay in the cave untill you recover fully. No one else knows where you are right now, and I will protect the entrance untill you are ready to leave. Only you me and Flare. I already asked her not to tell anyone else where we are, and she wont. I am going to take the metal from your ear now...please do not be alarmed.* he says and reaches for her ear, taking the metal back (and perminently cutting the link).

Firefly shrugged Jack's hand off her shoulder. All she felt towards Jack at this point was enmity. "Get...away from me..."

She continued walking for a while before falling to the sand. She stayed there, on her hands and knees, to catch her breathe while waves just barely crashed upon her. She got back onto her feet and stumbled farther down the shoreline, trying to distance herself from her former teammate.

Flare walked to Jack's side and held his hand *There's a small fishing village a few miles down the shore. She'll call Utopia and they'll pick her up. Let's just hope she doesn't figure out that we're housed in Trinidad. We should hurry back before her far-sensing power is restored...*

Jack nods. *I was hoping that it would be easier then that. At least us letting her leave unhindered will give her something to think about.* he says as he becomes formless and surrounds Flare, becoming much like a suit of armor around her. Metallic feathered wings sprout from the back and begin beating, lifting the two off the ground. He takes off for their HQ as his shiney silver color blends to match the sky.

((Attuning Flare, heading back to the Mansion.))

Archived