Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - Blood for the One Race

Blue Thunder

Prometheans Unbound, Chapter 1 - Brave New World

Branch 1 - Blood for the One Race

Player Characters - James and Jack

Setting
-
The street outside a meeting hall in Austin, Texas.
About six hundred Michaelites have gathered for the rally led by the new Grand Deacon, Estaban Torano. This is one of the largest groups of Michaelites
ever
to gather publically, and there are several news crews inside to catch Grand Deacon Torano's speech.
Security is in place as well: Team Tomorrow. Though the church dislikes having novas as security, they find a sense of humor in the fact that the most public novas in the world are there to protect them, even though they don't
want
to do it. Montoya-Bernal, Skew, Makara, Firefly, It, and Shadow Artist are watching over the rally.
Six Team Tomorrow novas means business, and Geryon is prepared to shed
blood for the One Race
. He's already dormed into human form within the crowd, with Heavy and Clarice Hudson several blocks away on rooftops. After Geryon gives the signal, the fight is on.

Goal
- Team Tomorrow will gather most of the attention since they'll be putting up a fight, but Geryon refuses to forget about the Michaelites themselves. He has reminded every Terat that the Michaelites need to be
taught a lesson
, and that they won't have another opportunity to see this many gathered at once.
Envy has provided a former Directive van for the mission. It is sitting in the parking lot of a closed-down gas station south of the meeting hall, not attracting attention. Flare and Jack will occupy the van until Synapse alerts them of the attack. After they leave the van, Synapse will remotely drive the van away to a secure location.
At the other end, north of the meeting hall, James and Blackout will wait in a Starbucks, since they appear human to the baseline eye. There, the television sets will be broadcasting the Michaelite rally live, letting the pair know when to commence the attack.
(The original plan had Blackout and Flare in each other's place, but since Flare's eyes constantly glow, Blackout insisted on switching places to avoid complications.)

The Start
- Geryon is in place. As the dormed baseline James Booth, he is near the front of the crowd in the meeting hall, ready to "go nova" and kill Torano when he feels the time is right. Heavy and Clarice are waiting on the rooftops of nearby buildings, ready to fly in at Geryon's signal and initiate combat. Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Cord are also on rooftops, but they will join the battle
after
it has begun, giving them the element of surprise.
The Starbucks is almost completely full of customers, not just because of Saturday business, but because so many people have arrived to watch the rally. Several of the OpNet televisions in the shop are airing the rally's broadcast live, and there are even several Michaelites in the place watching. James and Blackout managed to get a table at the back end of the shop, where they watch the monitors and talk idley. Once they see Geryon go into action, they are to move south a few blocks and join in.
Flare and Jack have made themselves comfortable in the van, and await Synapse's call to strike. Then they shall move north to the meeting hall, which is only a few blocks away.

Blackout looked over the room again for trouble, then back to James. She was wearing her eufiber suit under her usual trenchcoat. Unlike many others in Nova Vigilance, she didn't have to worry about being recognized publically. She had kept a low profile over the years, so unlike Geryon and other NV Terats, there were no action figures or t-shirts in her likeness. She preferred it that way.

She spoke in a low voice. "I don't see any novas, so I guess they haven't detected us. It should be happening any moment now."

Blackout crossed her arms on the table and leaned closer to James. "I...heard from Flare that you're joining the attack because you really have it in for these Michaelites. But she didn't explain why you hate them so much. Care to explain?"

Flare's head laid in Jack's lap, and she ran her fingers along his body, making it ripple slightly at the touch. She was wearing one of her robes, as usual.

"How do you think Montoya-Bernal and the others will react when they see you? They've only heard rumors. And there will be camera crews to catch the whole thing."

She smiled and looked into his eyes. "...I guess this is your big day. The whole world is going to know now. You're going to be the first T2M nova to join the Teragen. They'll have your face on the OpNet all week."

Blackout looked over the room again for trouble, then back to James. She was wearing her eufiber suit under her usual trenchcoat. Unlike many others in Nova Vigilance, she didn't have to worry about being recognized publically. She had kept a low profile over the years, so unlike Geryon and other NV Terats, there were no action figures or t-shirts in her likeness. She preferred it that way.

She spoke in a low voice. "I don't see any novas, so I guess they haven't detected us. It should be happening any moment now."

Blackout crossed her arms on the table and leaned closer to James. "I...heard from Flare that you're joining the attack because you really have it in for these Michaelites. But she didn't explain why you hate them so much. Care to explain?"

"Um..." , James looked at her, then looked away, appearing to think. After a moment he looked back, "Sorry, it's a difficult subject for me. Especially because my emotions concerning it surprise me sometimes." He paused again. "The short version is: my brother, who was a nova as well, was killed by Michealites while I was standing next to him. That's how I erupted."

He smiled a weak smile and looked away briefly before continuuing.

"The longer version is that four Michealites confronted me and my brother outside a bar, simply because they'd heard around town that he was a nova. He tried to talk his way out of it, but they wouldn't listen. When he tried to brush past them, they shot him."

James' face was unreadable at the moment, but his voice still carried an edge that conveyed the sense of a strong emotional undercurrent beneath his words.

"My brother didn't have any combat abilities like I do, he wasn't bullet proof or even fist-proof. He was just a really nice guy who happened to be really, really smart, and could sometimes see what was gonna happen before it did."

"Makes you wonder, y'know?", he said, and the wane smile returned, "I mean, if he could see the future then why didn't he see that coming? I wonder about that all the time.... Anyway, I erupted and killed one of them right there, two of the others died from their wounds within a week, the fourth was still in his coma last I heard."

"After that the Michaelites really had it in for me. They continued attacking and threatening me, but they also began threatening, and even attacking my family. It was a bad situation. It was even worse after the courts decided in my favor. Seemed like that just made the Michaelites even angrier, gave them even more reason for their righteous anger."

"About that time is when Orzaiz showed up and offered me an out. He gave me a new name and a new family and here I am. But the Michaelites have still got it in for me, and for obvious reasons I don't like them much either. Supposedly, according to some of the Casablanca's informants, they've actually got my name - my real name - posted up right next to Geryon's on their "novas we most want to kill" list, or whatever it's called. I don't know if that's true, but regardless this is a big deal for me. I've been in hiding from them for months now. I've been looking over my shoulder all this time wondering if and when they would catch up with me, and what would happen. But now it's me who's gonna catch up with them, and I intend for there to be a reckoning, for my brother, and for me."

"That's why I wanted in on this. And I don't 'hate' them all that much. I hate what they represent, and I hate that I owe my eruption in part to them, and to my brother's death. I hate the fact that they've soiled every good thing in my life since becoming a nova. That's what tonight is about for me. Tonight I'm going to face them head on and let them take their best shot - and then I'm going to give them mine in return. We'll see who's still standing at the end."

Jack shakes his head. *I dont know. I can only imagine that it wont go over well. I hope that I can convince some of them that this is all for the best. I dought it though.* he projects. He looks to the front of the truck, through he darkened widow.

*This is...difficult. There were my friends. Many of the people I knew think that saving lives was the most important thing they do. They just dont realise that saving a life at the cost of a brother or sister is not worth anything. *Especially* these...these Zips. The only good thing about this is that I can move farther down my path. Ill make sure that if the media wants to write some stories about me...they are good ones. Hopefully I become the new 'Big Bad Wolf'. Geyron cant hold on to that title forever, after all.* he says attemtping lighten the mood the best he can.

"That's why I wanted in on this. And I don't 'hate' them all that much. I hate what they represent, and I hate that I owe my eruption in part to them, and to my brother's death. I hate the fact that they've soiled every good thing in my life since becoming a nova. That's what tonight is about for me. Tonight I'm going to face them head on and let them take their best shot - and then I'm going to give them mine in return. We'll see who's still standing at the end."

Blackout lit a cigarette. "That's some story. Everyone has their reasons I suppose. I guess I don't have a personal agenda. I hate what they represent as well, but they're hardly on my radar these days. I'm more concerned with governments like China that refuse to give their novas any freedom. Or Iran. They kill novas there. I really wish we'd take a more active stance against these kinds of things. Instead of killing a group of worthless hicks. No offense."

Blackout scanned the crowd again, letting out a puff of smoke, then directed her attention back at James "One enemy at a time though, right? Geryon really has it in for these guys. So do a lot of Terats. I won't deny I'm kind of looking forward to this, even if its just to blow off some steam."

"But if it helps the movement, I'm there. There's nothing I wouldn't do. And the whole world will see this."

The Michaelite rally was still on the television. Blackout watched for a minute before commenting "You know, somewhere in that audience is Geryon. In baseline form. I wonder which one he is?"

*I dont know. I can only imagine that it wont go over well. I hope that I can convince some of them that this is all for the best. I dought it though.*

*We can't hope that they'll see the light just yet. You were just as devoted as they were once, and I think they'll pick up on that. Maybe not today, but eventually. Even if just subconsciously. You fought alongside them, and some of them know you very well. Even though you're a Terat, a few of them might start to see the Teragen in a new light.*

*I think this is why Clarice and the Twins are here with us. Clarice was being considered for Team Tomorrow, and Hiroshima and Nagasaki worked for Project Utopia in Asia for a while. I think Geryon was wise to ask them to come. Everyone is going to see former Utopians fighting current Utopians.*

*This is...difficult. There were my friends. Many of the people I knew think that saving lives was the most important thing they do. They just dont realise that saving a life at the cost of a brother or sister is not worth anything. *Especially* these...these Zips. The only good thing about this is that I can move farther down my path. Ill make sure that if the media wants to write some stories about me...they are good ones. Hopefully I become the new 'Big Bad Wolf'. Geyron cant hold on to that title forever, after all.* he says attemtping lighten the mood the best he can.

Flare smiled *I'm glad you understand things so well. I'm eager to watch over your Chrysalis.*

A device in the van beeps, then Synapse's voice projects itself from a speaker "Alrighty lovebirds, looks like its showtime. Clarice and Heavy have already taken to the skies. Might wanna get prepared. You know, any last 'I love you's, or any quickies before battle. I promise not to record it and stream it on the OpNet."

Flare sits up and stares blankly at the speaker "I'll deal with you after the battle, Synapse. You could have told us you were watching..."

Blackout lit a cigarette. "That's some story. Everyone has their reasons I suppose. I guess I don't have a personal agenda. I hate what they represent as well, but they're hardly on my radar these days. I'm more concerned with governments like China that refuse to give their novas any freedom. Or Iran. They kill novas there. I really wish we'd take a more active stance against these kinds of things. Instead of killing a group of worthless hicks. No offense."

James made an offsetting gesture with his hand and said, "none taken. This is a personal vendetta for me, I won't deny that. And if you need any help in taking that 'active stance' towards other countries that oppress their novas, you let me know. I might be able to help out, and I know I'd still want to even if it turned out I couldn't."

Blackout scanned the crowd again, letting out a puff of smoke, then directed her attention back at James "One enemy at a time though, right? Geryon really has it in for these guys. So do a lot of Terats. I won't deny I'm kind of looking forward to this, even if its just to blow off some steam."

"But if it helps the movement, I'm there. There's nothing I wouldn't do. And the whole world will see this."

"Shyeah! No kidding! Even China and Iran will be watching us. ::wink "

"And I'm glad you're here too, Blackout. Everything I've heard about you says you're a true professional, which, lord knows, I'm not. You can keep me in check if I get out of hand."

The Michaelite rally was still on the television. Blackout watched for a minute before commenting "You know, somewhere in that audience is Geryon. In baseline form. I wonder which one he is?"
"Dunno, but I'm sure he's just as ornery and itching for a fight as he is in nova form, so I doubt we have anything to worry about."

James looked down at the cigarette in Blackout's hand for a moment and then said, "You got an extra one of those I can use? I'm sorry, it's just you look so damn cool with that thing and I wanna look cool too y'know?"

Jacks cheek-portions raise in a grin. *Don't worry about him. At least he can't listen in on our conversations. But do tell him there wont be any 'last' anythings. None of us will die from this.* and then he brushes some of her hair off her shoulder delecatly. *Just make sure you announce who I am at the right time. They probably wont recognise me as I am now. And stay behind me. I dont want you hurt if I can help it. I...uhhh...I love you.*

James looked down at the cigarette in Blackout's hand for a moment and then said, "You got an extra one of those I can use? I'm sorry, it's just you look so damn cool with that thing and I wanna look cool too y'know?"

Blackout passed James a cigarette and lit it for him. "You're alright"

There was a commotion on the television. A large figure had suddenly burst through the wall on the left side of the meeting hall, startling the Michaelites in the audience. Blackout recognized Heavy immediately.

"Let's go."

As Blackout got out from the booth and looked at the screen again she recognized Clarice Hudson bursting through the wall on the opposite side, sending the Michaelites into even greater panic.

I...uhhh...I love you.

Flare blushed, but managed to fight it back while she looked away. *That's the first time you've ever said that.*

Synapse chimed in again "And it's go time. Heavy and Clarice have struck. You guys get out and I'll drive the van to safety."

Heavy and Clarice had done such a good job distracting T2M that they neglected to think about Torano for a brief moment. And it was in that brief moment that Geryon leapt onto the stage and popped off Torano's head like a cork, spraying blood all over the stage and podium. Bloody magnificent, Geryon thought to himself. Now let's get this started.

Firefly was the first to see Geryon, and the first to come after him. Easy fix. Geryon threw Torano's disembodied head at the T2M-Auxiliary leader, nailing her in the chest and getting blood all over her precious Eufiber uniform. But the look in her eyes told Geryon she wasn't stopping for anything.

At the same time, blackened hands crept up from behind him, attempting a choke hold. Bloody hell! He forgot about Shadow Artist.

How to fix this situation? Geryon grabbed Shadow Artist's arms, plied himself free, and used the shadowy nova as a baseball bat to swat Firefly a good ten feet back.

Tommy looks at the speaker then back at Flare. He stands up the best he can in the van and opens the door. *Its time to make history.* he says and exits the van. He waits till Flare is out then closes door, patting it a couple times to give it a sendoff.

He gives Flare another look and starts making his way to the appointed place under cover of shadow.

(Trying not to bring attention to us untill the Novas get to us...or a lot of baselines from the rally)

Tommy looks at the...

((Oops, wrong name!))

He gives Flare another look and starts making his way to the appointed place under cover of shadow.

*I'm going into the open. I want them to see me.* Flare seperated from Jack and took to the sidewalk. Several blocks away she could see baselines pouring into the street, fleeing the Michaelite rally. She took a casual stroll towards the destruction.

She and Jack got within a block of the meeting hall just in time. Geryon came charging into the street at full speed, soaked with blood, and mowing down any baselines in his way. Behind him was Clarice, flying in the air for cover. And behind both of them were Montoya-Bernal, Firefly, and Makara.

(Trying not to bring attention to us untill the Novas get to us...or a lot of baselines from the rally)

((Stealth roll - 3 successes, in case any novas pass by you))

Noticing the commotion on the moniter as she did, James got up and followed Blackout. Once outside the Starbucks James asked, "You gonna teleport straight there or are we walking?"

Walking quickly out onto the sidewalk, she reponds. "I'll teleport, yeah...I suggest you fly in. Give 'em hell." She paused for a moment, concentrating, then disappeared in a whirl of cackling black energy.

((James can reach the meeting hall either by flying or walking, either way is fine. Michaelites and civilians are charging in his direction to escape the battle.))

((We'll assume James arrives when Jack and Flare do, assuming he keeps heading for the scene and doesn't stay back to kill off Michaelites, which is still an option. You're both in the same scene if you go straight there though.))

((Here's the scene for both of you. In front of the hall are Montoya-Bernal, Firefly, and Makara. In the street across from the hall are Geryon, Clarice, and now Blackout. Both groups are facing each other, ready to strike. Half a block to the south end of the street are Flare and Jack, but Jack is staying to the shadows for now. Just to the north end of the street is James; he's flying, walking, or doing whatever you decide, Cottus. Heavy and the other Tomorrowites haven't arrived to the front of the hall; whatever they're doing, they're not here. The aerial support -- Cord, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki -- aren't here either. Perhaps they're late, perhaps they're helping Heavy; you can't tell.))

((If you want to activate any powers or enhancements before arriving to the battle, you can. You're both within equal range of the Terats and the T2Mers when or if you arrive, which puts you about 20 meters away from either group. Michaelites are running for their lives all around you.))

((Here's how we'll handle the battle. Normally I'd make everyone post their actions all at once, out of order, and then I'd carry them out in Initiative order after everyone posted their actions {I noticed BN do this in his game}. But since there are only two of you, we can run this battle more like normal. So I'll calculate Initiative...))

((Even if you don't join the fight right away, these will be your Init totals for the battle.))

Geryon - 25

Firefly - 22

Montoya-Bernal -20

Makara -19

Jack - 19

James - 14

Blackout - 13

((Sorry Cottus, I rolled a 1 for you. Since both of your characters have turns by each other, its very convenient too. I'll post all of the characters in order from Geryon to Makara, then you guys go, then I'll start with Blackout and swing back around.))

((So with my next post I'll start the battle.))

((Okay, James will fly there (that's why he asked actually, he's too much of a gentleman to just fly off and leave Blackout standing there. If she'd wanted to walk/run, for whatever reason, he'd have stuck with her. Now he doesn't have to). I'd also like to activate his Force Field (putting 1 temp WP into the roll for 2 extra soak), and I'd like to make a Weave roll. James' eufiber will turn from the casual black suit he was wearing to serious-looking combat gear with spikes sticking out at key spots (shoulders, chest, spine, etc) so that grapples and clinches will be difficult for others (as the Spines bodymod), and clawed gloves (for lethal damage). Also, I'd like for him to make a Tactics roll as he nears the entrance where all the novas are gathered, so he can get a feel for where the enemies' "weak flank" is, whether he needs to focus on the T2Mers or if it's okay to just plow into the Michaelites, etc. If I understood you correctly, I need to wait until after you've posted the combat actions of the other NPCs, and until after Bahamut posts, so I'll wait to say what James'll do for any attacks.))

Since stealth is a non issue with Flare, Jack will walk by her side. As they approach Jack jack undergoes a monsterous change however... His arms and legs become long and spindley, his skin becomes harder to penetrate, his hands become and at various points around his body claws, spikes and tentacles come out and he grows much, much larger. He truley becomes a monster.

(Shapeshift (and I will drop a WP for that)! Lets see...Sizemorph (Growth) 2, Natural Weapons (Spines), Density Increase 2, Claws 1, Natural Weapons (Tentacles), Armor up to max, More Tentacles. Tell me if I get more successes, and if I dont get enough successes this is listed in order of what I want...just tick them off from the bottom. Also will shift Eufiber to Armor.)

If Baselines still get close to him, he will strike out at them at random untill they get to where you described. Right now, he is going to wait untill his que. (Holding turn...I think I can do that in this game)

Okay, I'm typing up the first round now in a word doc, but have a few comments, plus the results of your pre-battle rolls (so I don't have to post them with the battle stuff and exceed the posting limit, I'll put them here now).

James

Weave: 2 successes

- 1 success to make melee strikes Lethal (and +1 damage die as well)

- 1 success to make grapples, tackles, and holds give Lethal damage (and +1 damage die as well), and opposing melee attackers take a damage dice pool equal to their melee attack's damage dice pool (max: 10 dice damage)

Tactics: Your team has a distinct advantage here. Not only do you have them covered from most sides (from thier view the front, left, and right), but there are only three of them and six of you: you have them outnumbered, 2-to-1. Montoya-Bernal and Makara are the heavy punchers, and Makara can take quite a beating as well, so Firefly might be the best to take out first, especially since other T2Mers could come flying in at any minute. Also, they might try to escape, given thier T2M policy...

Jack

Shapeshift: 9 successes (!)

- 2 successes to Sizemorph: Grow. This adds +4 to Strength and 2 extra Bruised HLs. Your height is x4 and your mass is x16. Enemies are at +2 accuracy to hit you.

- 1 success to Spines. All grapples, tackles, and holds give Lethal damage and opposing melee attackers take a damage dice pool equal to their melee attack's damage dice pool (max: 10 dice damage)

- 2 successes to Density Increase. Weight is quadrupled (in addition to the Sizemorph weight). Adds +2 to Strength and +2 to Bashing/Lethal soak.

- 1 success to Claws. Melee attacks are +1 Lethal damage.

- 1 success to Tendril. A tentacle that inflict Str +4 Bashing, and has a reach of 2 meters

- 2 successes to Armor. +6 Bashing/Lethal soak.

Is that how you wanted it...? This ends with you having Mega-Strength 5, +2 Bruised Health Levels, +1 Lethal melee damage, and +8 B/L soak (among other things). On the downside, enemies get +2 to hit you because of your size. I assume Tentacle means Tendril?

Eufiber into Armor: Your Eufiber is always giving you a soak bonus, so that doesn't need to be activated. It can't simulate Armor even with Weave, since Weave just gives you +1 die to certain actions and can mimick Claws, Spines, Tendril, and other small stuff.

Did I miss anything? I'm posting the battle in a bit...

Oh yeah, and I forgot Clarice's Initiative. She got an 11.

((Correction - Jack's Tendril is 8 meters long, not 2 meters, due to his Sizemorph.))

((Oh and so you guys know, Montoya-Bernal and Firefly have improved stats, based on what is in the Utopia book.))

((Also, there are cameramen in several areas already. One N! cameraman is in the parking lot nearby, and an N! van is stopped in the street near James, with a camerman filming from on top of the roof.))

*****Geryon*****

Geryon let out a battle yell and leapt full speed into Montoya-Bernal, leaping the distance between the two and ramming into the green-skinned Utopian before he could move out of the way. Montoya-Bernal pulled his usual trick and transfered the impact's force, sending him bouncing away into the meeting hall, smashing through the front door. Montoya only took a light bruising from Geryon's tackle, but he was sent away from the immediate fight; which was what Geryon wanted.

*****Firefly*****

Firefly wasn't going to bother with Geryon right now. Charging up a quantum bolt, she fired it at Blackout, but Blackout's dark force field absorbed the attack easily. Then she noticed Jack's gigantic form walking in to join the battle. She was in mild amazement, but didn't show it. She also didn't recognize who is was.

*****Montoya-Bernal*****

Ricardo activated his flight just before falling onto the floor inside the meeting hall, but after he had already bounced away from Geryon's tackle a good thirty meters or so. He quickly turned around and flew out the doorway. Determined to save face, he focused and flew steadily towards Geryon...

*****Makara*****

Makara decided to take Clarice out of the fight as early as possible. The two had become friends when she was a Utopian. Her betrayal stung deep, and he would not forgive her. He focused his sights on Clarice and concentrated. A strange light-blue beam launched itself in her direction, letting out a scream as it did. The beam struck Clarice's body, rendering her blind and deaf.

((So far the T2Mers don't seem to be paying attention to James. Jack has become quite obvious, though. Makara and Firefly are out in the open with Geryon just behind them near the meeting hall, and Montoya is flying slowly towards Geryon away from the meeting hall. I'll post a small map in a minute, when I figure out how to post images.))

((The rest of the round is Jack, James, Blackout, Flare, and Clarice, in that order.))

((This picture is appropriate to what he looks like at the moment, minus the tendril.))

During their walk over he would have also asked her if she wanted Jack to hold her up for the croud (so they could see her better).

Now was the time. Now was the place. They had news crews. If Flare wanted to be held up, he opens his hand and lets her stand in it, bringin her up to a place everyone could see her.

With his tendril, he grabs something unimportant at random (a Michaelite if possible) and throws it with all his strength at one of the Utopians who has the camera on them right now. Once he has their attention, he sends to his lover, *That is your que to introduce me*

((BTW BT, I'm still wondering what my FF roll was. How much soak do I have at the moment?))

As James arrived on the scene he watched the unfolding chaos and felt himself torn. He'd come here to deal with the Michaelites, but he couldn't just leave his fellow Terats to handle the T2Mers while he picked on a bunch of baselines. Well, maybe I can have my cake and eat it too, he thought and focused his mind, bringing the full force of his inhuman speed to the fore.

James will activate his Multitasking and Quantum Attunement enhancements. He'll declare 4 actions this turn using Multitasking. For the first action he'll fire off a q-bolt at all three T2Mers, the second he'll use to fire off another q-bolt at 8 Michaelites, and he'll save his last two actions as defensive actions in case any of the T2Mers still have an action left this turn. He'll split his damage dice as follows: Makara: [8]2, Montoya-Bernal: [8]6, Firefly: [8]. So you don't have to do the math his pools for the four actions are as follows: Q-Bolt actions 1-2: 5 dice, 2 mega-dice, Defensive actions 3-4: 7 dice, 2 mega-dice. Also, please remember to apply any attack successes to the AP extra. He'll be using his Q-Attunement to try and get an idea of the specific powers that the various T2Mers can bring to bear.

*****Jack*****

With his tendril, he grabs something unimportant at random (a Michaelite if possible) and throws it with all his strength at one of the Utopians who has the camera on them right now.

A passing Michaelite was easy to grab ((Hold maneuver, 3 successes)). The Michaelite was quite the wiggler, as those picked up by giant monster tentacles tend to be, but that didn't prevent you from hurling said wiggler at Makara. The flailing baseline smacked the T2Mer in the side. Makara didn't take any damage, but the Michaelite won't be walking any time soon.

*****James*****

The first volley of orbs seemed only to catch the T2Mers' attentions. Makara and Montoya-Bernal easily shrugged off the impacts without harm. Firefly seemed to absorb the attack. She smirked and looked up at James, as if to thank him...

The second volley of orbs were far more successful. Eight Michaelites that were still in the vicinity of the battle were struck down; glowing orbs fired from James's body and sought them out. Each of their forms flared a bright blue before falling over, motionless.

((You have 2 defensive actions left for the round.))

*****Blackout*****

Blackout wasn't about to feed Firefly more energy. She concentrated on trying to take down Makara so he wasn't disabling anyone else. She focused her power into a dark quantum-bolt, but Makara seemed unfazed.

"Dammit, where's the back-up?!" Blackout thought to herself.

*****Flare*****

If Flare wanted to be held up, he opens his hand and lets her stand in it, bringin her up to a place everyone could see her.

Flare nodded in agreement, stepping onto an outstretched palm. As she was raised into the air, she activated her Light of Mal power. Her body began to glow, wrapping itself in bright light.

((Flare will speak on her next round))

*****Clarice*****

"Should have expected that..." Clarice thought to herself. She knew most of Team Tomorrow's nova abilities, and she even worked alongside Makara at one time, so there was no excuse. Though temporarily blind, she flew into the air above arm's reach. "Makara can't fly..." she thought to herself ...so I hope the others can take care of Firefly and Montoya-Bernal while I recover."

((I'll begin Round 2 after I update the other threads tonight. So just hold on a bit. Also, I'll have James's Force Field results too, but which kind of FF is it? Standard version, or APG version?))

((How did I neglect the FF? James's Force Field gives him +14 to Bashing and Lethal soak.))

Round 2!

((Okay, here's how I'll do this now that the first round is over. Since its the beginning of the new round you'll announce your actions ahead of time like you normally would with the game. So basically, announce your actions for this round now, including your desire to do multiple actions or defensive actions, then I'll post the actions of Geryon, Firefly Montoya-Bernal, and Makara, then you can decide to continue on with your actions or abort into a defensive maneuver or something else, then we continue on with Flare, Blackout, and Clarice, then start Round 3.))

((So announce your intentions for the round.))

((Grrr!! Freaking buffed up NPCs! And here I was all worried that James was gonna have to live with killing Montoya-Freaking-Bernal (and possibly Firefly as well) on his conscience!! All that worry for nothing! God! The stress of it all!!)) ::wink

James' satisfaction at watching the eight Michaelites go down was tempered both by the fact that his first blast had apparently done nothing to any of the T2Mers and by the fact that shooting down the Michaelites from a distance made it feel like they were little more than faceless victims. It just didn't have the sense of retribution he'd been hoping for.

Also, Firefly smirking at him was seriously annoying. ::glare

*Well crap....* thought James.

He decided to act rashly.

((James will keep Multitasking up and declare 5 actions. He'll also turn on his real Claws (BTW, does the extra die from his Woven claws stack with his quantum Claws?). At James' current flying speed he can cover about 22 meters without using up an action (that's just over 72 feet for the metrically impaired), and I'm assuming that he's closer than that to the T2Mers. So, assuming I'm right, he'll fly at Firefly and use all five actions as strikes. I might call an abort to defensive on one of these actions, but otherwise they're all attacks, no defensive actions at all. Oh, can I also have him stop if/when it looks like Firefly's hurt enough to be out of the fight? James doesn't want to kill her (and isn't exactly sure he can given how she shrugged off his q-bolt), he just wants to incapacitate her. Also, how are you treating his Claws attack in regards to Firefly's Absorption ability? Technically James' Claws power isn't "physical", but most of the actual damage is still coming from the kinetic force of his blows, so how does that jive with Firefly's abilities? I'm just curious, it doesn't make any difference ICly.))

Jacks tentacle sweeps the ground around him as he lifts Flare up, attempting to clear the area around him of michaelites and other baselines...this was a time for *Novas*...for *terats*.

Flare speaks when her turn comes around...

((I...uhh...cant remember her color... And I am assuming she is using the brunt of her social stuff))

"Heed my words, followers of the Utopian ideal. Our reasons to be here are twofold...the first is the show these impudent children the power of the One Race.

The second...is to announce the presence of one of your own who has seen the light of Mal. The terat who now holds me was your William Turner...a *Former* member of T2M. He has come today to help show you all will of Mal."

((Sorry...ad to cut this short...I need to get to work. Feel free to add or chang ethis BT))

(BTW, does the extra die from his Woven claws stack with his quantum Claws?)

Yes, so your Weaved claws add +1 damage die.

Also, how are you treating his Claws attack in regards to Firefly's Absorption ability?

They would be energy in this case.

((I...uhh...cant remember her color... And I am assuming she is using the brunt of her social stuff))

I never really gave her an official color, but gold works ^^

Round 2!

*****Geryon*****

Geryon unleashes a flurry of strikes into Makara. He strikes with amazing speed; his fists are barely visible as they pummel the T2Mer's chest. Makara takes a lump or two, but remains in place, ready to attack Geryon...

*****Firefly*****

Delaney kept her sights on James and fired a beam of light at him in reponse to his earlier attack, but the quantum bolt didn't seem to cause any harm to the flying Terat.

((She rolled 12 Lethal damage, which you soaked easily.))

*****Montoya-Bernal*****

Ricardo finally caught up with Geryon, and gave the Nova Vigilance Terat a punch to the face that could burst a steel beam into two pieces. Geryon was sent sailing through the air above Blackout. He went through the wall of the building behind her.

*****Makara*****

After Montoya-Bernal got rid of Geryon, Makara shifted his attention to the large metallic creature to his right, waiting to see it's plan...

((So, still going through with your planned actions? Montoya-Bernal and Makara are relatively close together, with Montoya-Bernal still using Flight, and Firefly is farther away from the two, focusing on James and Blackout.))

((Well, if you're going to let us switch our targets up...then I'd prefer to target Bernal (only reason I didn't was because James didn't want to get in the way of him and Geryon). After seeing him sock Geryon through a building he'd be a little amped up to take him on too, and Firefly - as much as her smirk annoyed James - isn't near as much of an immediate threat to his brothers and sisters. But this is assuming you'll let me switch targets, otherwise he'll just take on Firefly. And hey. If this is running like normal combat, then shouldn't Flare, Clarice, and Blackout have declared first? Not like it matters too much since they're all on our team.))

If this is running like normal combat, then shouldn't Flare, Clarice, and Blackout have declared first?

A lot of people tell me that the characters with lowest Initiative declare actions first...but I have yet to stumble upon this in the book. I must have read the combat section a dozen times looking for any references to it, but found none. It must be a House Ruling that is popular. Its not in the Trinity book either, if memory serves.

I actually like this ruling and I use it in my tabletop games. But it's not in the books. Plus, it'd take us longer to carry out combat that way if I had the NPCs declare actions.

*****Jack*****

((You're delaying your action then? That makes your Initiative 11 (or whatever you want, but Flare's is 12) if you choose to do so. Either way, I assume you do nothing this turn in terms of combat.))

Jack's hand was raised high enough for everyone, including the cameras, to see Flare.

*****James*****

Firefly's energy absorption ability was powerful, but not powerful enough to absorb the full force of James's strikes. The T2M-Auxiliary leader was unconscious after only two punches, falling onto the hard cement with a thud.

((I'd like to note that Firefly only survived by spending a Willpower on her second Absorption roll. James's Claws + Armor Piercing really did a number on her.))

*****Blackout*****

Blackout pulled off her attack to run by Jack and Flare, ready to protect them against any attackers. She knocked a Michaelite out of her way, then turned to face the remaining T2Mers.

*****Flare*****

The Light of Mal was defintely gathering attention. A ball of light emanating came from Flare's body, shining as intensely as the sun, and so large that it enveloped Jack and Blackout as well. And within the giant orb Flare's body was still perfectly visible. Her eyes shone so brightly they looked like flashlights.

As soon as the cameras were done recording Firefly's beating, they turned to catch Flare's message. Everyone on the battlefield - Team Tomorrow, camera crews, Michaelites, innocent civilians, and even other Terats, turned to see her.

((The "Light of Mal" quantum power that she has active is Bioluminescene + Area combined with Force Field + Impervious. That makes her Bioluminesence cover a 25-meter radius. Flare activates the Center of Attention and Awe-Inspiring enhancements before she speaks.))

"Heed my words, followers of the Utopian ideal. Our reasons to be here are twofold. The first is the show these impudent children the power of the One Race. The second is to announce the presence of one of your own who has seen the light of Mal. The Terat who now holds me was your William Turner...a former member of T2M. He has come today to help show you all will of Mal."

*****Clarice*****

Clarice drifts aimlessly...

((Clarice's sight and hearing are temporarily disabled, as well as her Node, so she has no idea what's going on at the moment.))

By this point most of the Michaelites and civilians had cleared out, except for a few "nova junkies" who stayed hidden around corners watching the situation. In the distance, Heavy and three others could be seen flying into the sky from behind the meeting hall, heading towards the front end. Geryon leapt down from the gaping hole in the building and joined ranks with Jack and Flare, and Clarice followed suit once her senses returned.

Montoya-Bernal and Makara were soon joined by Skew, Shadow Artist, and It, who came to join their allies after a brief brawl inside the meeting hall with Heavy and his companions. They seemed almost locked into staring at Flare as she spoke, but that didn't mean their defenses were down. Each was prepared to enter combat once again, though they were clearly outnumbered.

The Light of Mal faded out. By that time Heavy, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Cord had descended from the skies to join their Terat allies, and Blinker had made himself known as well.

((Anything else you guys want to do before we move on? Do you want your characters to add something else, while the cameras are watching?))

((Anything else you guys want to do before we move on? Do you want your characters to add something else, while the cameras are watching?))
((How do you mean? Do you mean, is there anything else you guys want to do before we end this branch of Ch. 1? To which my answer would be, hell yes! Or do you simply mean, is there anything you guys want to say before we go to the next round? To which my answer would be, not really, no. Also, can't there be a few more Michaelites around for us to beat senseless? Like maybe some got stuck inside the convention hall because of our fight? James only got to take out eight. ::sad Sad. ::sad ))

Montoya-Bernal crossed his arms and addressed Flare with a serious face that would look good for the cameras "Nice try, but you aren't convincing anyone. The Teragen has warped your mind, but it won't warp ours. The Teragen represents everything that Utopia opposes, and we will fight to the death to protect the people of the world from terrorists like yourselves. How many innocents have you slaughtered today? None of you will be forgiven for this. Or for the brainwashing you've given William."

Montoya-Bernal was especially long-winded for some reason. He wasn't one to give speeches in battle. In fact he was known as a man of few words. Something didn't play right.

Blackout spoke in a low tone only her allies could hear "They're not retreating. They always retreat when outnumbered..."

Geryon replied "'Shit! Back-ups comin', that's why. They should've escaped earlier. Let's get the hell out of here before Pax arrives. Blinker!"

"I'm ahead of you, Geryon..." And with that, Blinker opened a warp hole in between the two groups, facing the Terats. The warp was a black ring that showed a large, well-furnished room on the other end, and it was about 8 meters wide. The Terats starting running in as quickly as possible.

((Of course, if you guys want to stay, feel free...))

((Well, as I understand the set-up right now, James is actually over by the Utopians since he flew over and pummeled the crap out of Firefly. But that's beside the point. James'll go through, but I'd like to split his action again with Multi and fire off a shot at Montoya-Bernal if you'll allow it (I've got it in for him, what can I say?). This should only take two actions, yes? One for firing off a shot and one for flying through the warp. For the bolt he'll also drop a temp WP on the roll to hit.))

((Using action now))

The massive tentacle fwips from Jack, entangleing Firefly and easily lifting her up and back around the warp. Once he had taken her, he walks through the warp.

Flare simply says, "We will not harm her, Jack, who you call William Turner only wants to speak with her. She will be released soon.

((Well, as I understand the set-up right now, James is actually over by the Utopians since he flew over and pummeled the crap out of Firefly. But that's beside the point. James'll go through, but I'd like to split his action again with Multi and fire off a shot at Montoya-Bernal if you'll allow it (I've got it in for him, what can I say?). This should only take two actions, yes? One for firing off a shot and one for flying through the warp. For the bolt he'll also drop a temp WP on the roll to hit.))

James fired an orb at Montoya-Bernal, but unfortunately the Upie dodged it. The attack created a diversion for...

The massive tentacle fwips from Jack, entangleing Firefly and easily lifting her up and back around the warp. Once he had taken her, he walks through the warp.

While the rest of T2M focused on James for that brief moment, Jack took the chance to grab Firefly's unconscious body. Shadow Artist's relfexes weren't fast enough, and Jack's metal frame disappeared into the massive ring of darkness, with James not a second behind him.

And just as Blinker's warp hole faded into nothingness another one opened up, this one with Caestus Pax and several others flying through, ready for battle. But they were too late; the Terats had fled, and Firefly was missing.

Caestus Pax was not happy.

Envy's mansion in Cuba wasn't the best stop after the battle, but it was the closest safehouse from Texas that Blinker could think of. He had only been to the mansion twice, but that was all he needed to open the warp hole. It was his job to be familiar with every Teragen safehouse he could.

"Damn, I'm almost out of juice..." Blinker said, visibly exhausted "I still need to pick up The Confederate's team. Shrapnel's team finished earlier and returned already. Epoch's team'll be fine on its own. Damn...tired. I need to lie down."

Blackout looked the spacious dining hall over "From the pits, to this...not bad. Now what? Lay low?"

Geryon grunted "Where's a computer? I need to call Synapse yesterday. I need to know how the other teams did. The rest of you can split and leave or do whatever you want, or hang around here for all I care. Smash the place up, Envy won't mind. He's a rich bastard, nothin' he can't handle. We did damn good today. Can't believe we got a damn T2Mer. And Firefly too! That bitch has been a thorn in a lot of sides."

"I know where the computer is, Geryon. Follow me." Blinker said. The two Terats walked out into the hallway.

Over by Jack, Flare was wiping the blood and sweat from Firefly's motionless face. "How fortuitous. Not since Mal beat Pax have we been this lucky with Team Tomorrow. I wonder what the best course would be at this point. Killing her would be a waste, and send the wrong message to the world. I'm not sure torturing her like we did with Saxon will help either. Perhaps she just needs to see the light. The Light of Mal can help anyone...given enough time. I think we should release her, after we have an enlightening discussion with her."

Blackout's response was fast "Time isn't something we have right now. She could wake up at any moment. Whatever we do, it needs to be done quickly. I say lock the bitch up somewhere safe. We can let the Pantheon decide what to do." Heavy stood by Blackout's side, but said nothing.

Hiroshima was making himself comfortable at the dining table, looking over a fruit tray for something to eat. Nagasaki was kneeling next to Flare to get a good view of Firefly. Yet they both spoke in unison. "We should call Orzaiz first. The Count will know what to do."

"The Apostle can turn Firefly." Cord added. She gracefully walked to the table by Hiroshima and sat down on it, crossing her legs. "You understand this, Flare. Let Deloremier have her. She will make a great Terat, when she understands the Wisdom of Mal."

Clarice huffed and crossed her arms "If she's going to join the movement, it should be of free will. That's how the rest of us came here. And I know Firefly good enough to know that she's not going to join the Teragen. Period."

Flare sighed and spoke into Jack. *What do you think? Do you wish to speak with her?*

((I guess you could call this a small "downtime" before a shift in direction. Uh, not the XP-giving "downtime" between Chapters, mind you, just a chance to stop for a bit and decide what to do next. Your characters are free to discuss what to do with Firefly, and what to do next.))

Envy's mansion in Cuba wasn't the best stop after the battle, but it was the closest safehouse from Texas that Blinker could think of. He had only been to the mansion twice, but that was all he needed to open the warp hole. It was his job to be familiar with every Teragen safehouse he could.
As the last Terat through Blinker's gate, it took James a moment to recognize where he was what with all the other Terats milling about and making a mess. Even after he realized where he was though it still seemed sort of sureal after where'd he'd just been. The battle with the T2Mers had been James' first real nova-level fight, and his super-human metabolism was still pumping adrenaline through his system at super-human levels.

He blinked as he looked around, and then shrugged. It could have been worse.

"Damn, I'm almost out of juice..." Blinker said, visibly exhausted "I still need to pick up The Confederate's team. Shrapnel's team finished earlier and returned already. Epoch's team'll be fine on its own. Damn...tired. I need to lie down."

Blackout looked the spacious dining hall over "From the pits, to this...not bad. Now what? Lay low?"

Geryon grunted "Where's a computer? I need to call Synapse yesterday. I need to know how the other teams did. The rest of you can split and leave or do whatever you want, or hang around here for all I care. Smash the place up, Envy won't mind. He's a rich bastard, nothin' he can't handle. We did damn good today. Can't believe we got a damn T2Mer. And Firefly too! That bitch has been a thorn in a lot of sides."

"I know where the computer is, Geryon. Follow me." Blinker said. The two Terats walked out into the hallway.

James started to follow after the two Terats, but stopped as the others began discussing the fate of Firefly.
Over by Jack, Flare was wiping the blood and sweat from Firefly's motionless face. "How fortuitous. Not since Mal beat Pax have we been this lucky with Team Tomorrow. I wonder what the best course would be at this point. Killing her would be a waste, and send the wrong message to the world. I'm not sure torturing her like we did with Saxon will help either. Perhaps she just needs to see the light. The Light of Mal can help anyone...given enough time. I think we should release her, after we have an enlightening discussion with her."

Blackout's response was fast "Time isn't something we have right now. She could wake up at any moment. Whatever we do, it needs to be done quickly. I say lock the bitch up somewhere safe. We can let the Pantheon decide what to do." Heavy stood by Blackout's side, but said nothing.

Hiroshima was making himself comfortable at the dining table, looking over a fruit tray for something to eat. Nagasaki was kneeling next to Flare to get a good view of Firefly. Yet they both spoke in unison. "We should call Orzaiz first. The Count will know what to do."

"The Apostle can turn Firefly." Cord added. She gracefully walked to the table by Hiroshima and sat down on it, crossing her legs. "You understand this, Flare. Let Deloremier have her. She will make a great Terat, when she understands the Wisdom of Mal."

Clarice huffed and crossed her arms "If she's going to join the movement, it should be of free will. That's how the rest of us came here. And I know Firefly good enough to know that she's not going to join the Teragen. Period."

Flare sighed and spoke into Jack. *What do you think? Do you wish to speak with her?*

James sighed. Unaware of the mental conversation taking place between Flare and Jack, James could only roll his eyes at the gathered assembly. A person just walking into the room would have thought that Firefly was one of the most dangerous novas alive and it had taken the combined might of every nova present to take her down. But it had only taken two them to take down this Utopian, and neither of them were being given much say in her future.

Suddenly James had much less respect for the majority of the novas gathered there. He sighed again and moved to follow after Geryon and Blinker.

As he passed Flare and Jack he stopped and said, "Hey, good job you guys. You were both really something out there today. Made me proud to be a Promethean," and then he continued out into the hallway.

((Assuming James successfully follows Geryon and Blinker))

When James caught up with Geryon and Blinker, and one or the other of them had acknowledged him, he said, "Hey, hope I'm not interrupting anything, but I wanted to offer my help if you still needed it for anything. I'm a little bushed from the fight, but I figure I'm good for at least one more run if you're still planning anything."

Then he waited to see what the answer would be.

Jack looks at everyone as they talk and shakes his head. *Tell them that she is under my protection while she is here. No one is going to kill her. I just want to talk to her...I want to tell her why I joined the teras. If you want we can let her talk with someone else as well...but we are going to let her go so she can tell the world what happened. I will do what I can to contain her when she wakes, but I hope Envy will get here soon to help keep her powers at bay. Calling the count might be a good idea though...*

*****James*****

"Hey, hope I'm not interrupting anything, but I wanted to offer my help if you still needed it for anything. I'm a little bushed from the fight, but I figure I'm good for at least one more run if you're still planning anything."

They entered the tunnel leading to the underground meeting room. Geryon responded without making eye contact, still walking "We're done with fighting, at least for today. We're going to wait and see how everyone reacts."

The trio reached the meeting room. Just a few weeks ago, the Prometheans had gathered for the first time in the same room. It looked the same. Blinker approached the computer and started typing, still catching his breath. He looked winded, likely from all of the teleporting he had performed earlier.

"Synpase must be busy, he's not responding. I left him a message to contact us when he can. I have to collect Confederate's team though, so I'll see you guys later."

And with that Blinker turned into shadow and popped out of existence, leaving a scentless black smoke behind, much like one would expect from a cartoon stage magician.

Geryon sat down at a chair, which was obviously straining to support his weight. He put his massive elbows on the circular, wooden table in front of him. "Houston Tornado didn't even show up. Oh well. Good job taking Firefly out. No doubt they'll have your face all over the OpNet by the end of the day, calling you a terorist and murderer. Every Team Tomorrow mook is gonna be gunning for you and Jack."

"Welcome to the Teragen."

*****Jack*****

*Tell them that she is under my protection while she is here. No one is going to kill her. I just want to talk to her...I want to tell her why I joined the teras. If you want we can let her talk with someone else as well...but we are going to let her go so she can tell the world what happened. I will do what I can to contain her when she wakes, but I hope Envy will get here soon to help keep her powers at bay. Calling the count might be a good idea though...*

Flare relayed Jack's intentions to the other Terats in the room. None had any objections; at least not when Flare was speaking.

*So, where shall we take this? I'm sure Envy has a room we can use. Perhaps we should take her to a more remote location though, so she doesn't know where she is. She possesses the ability to project her senses after all. The uncivilized wilderness may work out best. That way you two can have a nice talk.*

By this time, all of the other Terats in the room besides Hiroshima and Nagasaki had left.

Geryon sat down at a chair, which was obviously straining to support his weight. He put his massive elbows on the circular, wooden table in front of him. "Houston Tornado didn't even show up. Oh well. Good job taking Firefly out. No doubt they'll have your face all over the OpNet by the end of the day, calling you a terorist and murderer. Every Team Tomorrow mook is gonna be gunning for you and Jack."

"Welcome to the Teragen."

"Thanks" , said James, and after a short pause, "though actually they won't."Seeing Geryon's look he explained, "have my face posted on the OpNet I mean. I imagine they'll be calling me a terrorist and a murderer even without my picture, and I'm sure Utopia'll be gunning for me regardless, but no one's going to have my picture. Or at least I'd be surprised if they did. Electronic devices never seem to realize I'm there, so they don't take my picture, or hear me, or whatever else they'd normally pick up. Also, I don't have a reflection, which is weird and makes it difficult to shave, but I can't seem to turn that part off so..." James shrugged as if to say, "what can you do?"

James settled into a chair at the table as well, but then seemed to tense up a little.

"Hey, you don't think Bliner'll pick up Shrapnel's team while he's out, do you? Or bring her back here? Because I'd rather not be around for that, you know?"

As he said this, James looked nervously around as if he expected Shrapnel to pop up any second.

"Hey, you don't think Bliner'll pick up Shrapnel's team while he's out, do you? Or bring her back here? Because I'd rather not be around for that, you know?"

"Shrapnel's team finished just before the Austin raid," Geryon said "They already popped out. Blinker's checking in on Barry's team right now."

Blackout and Heavy entered the room. Blackout tossed a cell-phone to Geryon "Its for you, Geryon. Its Epoch...it sounds like its important..."

Geryon caught it and put the phone to his ear. James could only barely hear Epoch's voice on the other end. Not enough to make out everything he was saying, but he did hear Epoch mention Caroline Fong and Divis Mal.

Geryon looked shocked. "What? ... No fucking way! ... Can't be ... Well get the others together, God dammit ... I'll be there as soon as I can! Fuck!" And with that, the leader of Nova Vigilance closed the phone and stood.

"Its been nice talking to you James, but I gotta get the hell out of here...now." Geryon motioned for Blackout and Heavy to follow him, and he left for the upper levels.

What was going on?

James waved, without speaking, as the three novas left.

As he watched Geryon's departing back James thought to himself, Huh. Well that was kind of anticlimactic.... And a little rude too.

He sat and stared at the empty room for a moment, looking obviously bored, and then got up and went in search of someplace quiet to recharge himself.

((With nothing else to do, and no indication of what's going on elsewhere right now, James will go find a guest room and make Meditation rolls to recharge himself until either he's back up to full charge or something else disturbs him. Basically, wake him if it gets interesting again or you want help killing someone, or even if you just want someone to talk to (he's a good listener)... ::indifferent ))

((Errr...sorry guys. Thought I already posted))

Jack considers a moment then nods. He briefly becomes a formless blob before engulfing firefly in his form.

*Lets go then. You know any place in particular?*

((Jack is attuning her so she dosent suffocate...if you dont think it would work that way he will leave her face visible so she can breathe))

***James***

James found his way into one of the isolated underground chambers of the mansion. This one in particular was designed for martial arts practice, though it hadn't received too much use since its construction. It was almost constantly unoccupied, making it perfect for meditation.

Unfortunately, James was only about five minutes into meditating when a phone rang nearby. Who the hell kept a phone in a dojo? A red light came from the phone; it wasn't the mansion's public number, it was one of the private lines only known to certain Terats.

((Time for some cross-thread wizardry! This would be Bob/Colony calling the mansion from Branch 2. If you get the phone, reply to his call in the Branch 2 thread.))

***Jack***

*The countryside here is pretty spacious.* Flare said. *We'll give her some mox to supress her powers, then you can speak to her out in the hills. You take her out and speak with her, unless you want me to come.*

((Getting to the countryside should be easy enough. The hills around the mansion are all owned by Envy, so no one will notice you leave. You could Shapeshift some wings, or go snake-like, or whatever. You could even use a vehicle and then walk the rest of the way. Whatever the case, we can assume you make it to a heavily wooded area, wide clearing, stream, cliff, cave, or whatever you feel would work best for your conversation. Whether Flare comes is your choice.))

((Also, in this case, I'll allow you to connect your Psychic Link with her while she's unconscious. And yes, your Attunement will prevent her from suffocating.))

Jack nods. *I would preffer you come with me so that you can talk with me. I dont want to force my communication on anyone so I will let you be my mouth untill she does.*

He makes his way out and flies (with wings!) to a cave near a beach. They make their way inside and wait for Firefly to wake up.

Archived