A rough decision

archer

I can take on non-technical Admin duties. I have experience with being an Admin/Mod at several message boards, but never in a technical position. So if having an Admin that can edit and code the board itself is what's needed, I'm not a good option. Otherwise, I'll gladly help if you want me to.

I still support the idea of having two or three Admins, that way they can split responsibilities. And because if there's one Admin he won't always be available to handle something.

I can take on non-technical Admin duties. I have experience with being an Admin/Mod at several message boards, but never in a technical position. So if having an Admin that can edit and code the board itself is what's needed, I'm not a good option. Otherwise, I'll gladly help if you want me to.

I still support the idea of having two or three Admins, that way they can split responsibilities. And because if there's one Admin he won't always be available to handle something.

Once I know how reliable (or lack thereof) the internet access shipboard will be, I will let you know whether I will be able to help out. Otherwise, I'll stick with keeping the reins on my game sub-forums as a Storyteller.

Hey there all! Sorry to see your illustrious tenure come to an end, Archer, but you had a hell of a run; I can remember the great sense of relief we all felt when you took up the reins and kept the ship on course (to horribly mix metaphors). Even though my days of posting here on a regular basis seem to be over, I'd be willing to make a donation to keep EON up and running for 'the new kids' (just kidding, guys!).

Alex, congrats on having a lil' gamer on the way! :jumping40:

Hi Heritage! Does that mean we wont ever see the ressurection of War Journal???

BTW, can we have an update on how your health is? My best to you sir.

And for everyone else,

A.) How many days to we have remaining?

B.) It seems like we have the financial aspect covered. I got $20.00 on it for my part.

C.) Who or whom decided to take on the technical side of things.

D.) Can we get a "sound off" from our new Admins to be?

E.) If any of the Mods are going to be promoted to Admin and there is an opening, I'd be down to Mod. ::moderated

Yeah, lets get on that. What are the details Archer? Who do we pay and such? Who are the new admins?

I'm still waiting on that information from you guys. I can only put one name on the billing, and only one name on the forum license. If there are to be two admins, I'd suggest that one person's name be on the site billing, and the other on the forum software license.

Okay, I've given this some careful thought, and provided that taking over as admin doesn't require me to download everything to a home computer (I only have internet access through my University computers) I can take the responsibility for the site. I'm hardly the best candidate given my limited tech knowledge, but I do have a friend who is very good at website stuff who can teach me, and I have enough spare to time to do the various basic admin responsibilities. I also have created a PayPal account so that I can deal with the financial stuff. I won't have time (especially if there's a lot of techie stuff to learn) to run the entire site by myself, so I would appreciate a few co-Admins, or super-Moderators, to keep the troops in line ::tongue .

I do not want to lose this site, especially since I have been a member for so long (nearly 5 years). So, subject to not needing downloads to a home computer, and that I'm an acceptable candidate, I'll run the place until I get killed or you find someone better! ::blink

JC

Okay, I've given this some careful thought, and provided that taking over as admin doesn't require me to download everything to a home computer (I only have internet access through my University computers) I can take the responsibility for the site. I'm hardly the best candidate given my limited tech knowledge, but I do have a friend who is very good at website stuff who can teach me, and I have enough spare to time to do the various basic admin responsibilities. I also have created a PayPal account so that I can deal with the financial stuff. I won't have time (especially if there's a lot of techie stuff to learn) to run the entire site by myself, so I would appreciate a few co-Admins, or super-Moderators, to keep the troops in line ::tongue .

I do not want to lose this site, especially since I have been a member for so long (nearly 5 years). So, subject to not needing downloads to a home computer, and that I'm an acceptable candidate, I'll run the place until I get killed or you find someone better! ::blink

JC

Provided all the billing transitions go smoothly, Jackson, there should be no need at all for you to download or upload anything at all. Thanks for stepping up to the plate. I will contact you via PM for the information I need from you in order to switch everything to your name. ::cool

Just wanted to add my voice to the other old timers and dropouts here and say that I miss having the time and energy to be a part of this community, and that I'm glad to see it's still going strong even if I'm not an active member anymore. And yes, I come around to take a trip down memory lane now and then too.

Thanks, Archer. ::smile

Ok, the rest of you too, then. ::wink

Archived