Aberrant RPG - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Enclave...

SkyLion

So I was just wondering...

Why is it?

...that the picture of the Pantheon's "Last Supper" shows Pedro "The Mathematician" Santiago with rather ample breasts ::confused

...that the Barry "The Confederate" Meldrums is described as both a white supremecist...and a "black pillar of Basalt"...a flaming one at that... ::confused

...that Scripture, who can "see through lies and intuitively sense a person's true nature" could be fooled for one second by Marcel "The Apostle of Mal" Delormier's blatant power play and plot to kill him ::confused

Then again...it does say The Apostle is doomed to failure when Scripture reveals his true power... ::nuclear

RE: Pedro "The Mathematician" Santiago

Either artistic license or he's out of shape.

RE: Barry "The Confederate" Meldrums

He has bodymorph stone and is an idiot.

RE: Scripture & Marcel "The Apostle of Mal" Delormier

Probably Script hasn't actually asked him, "are you planning to to kill me?" since he got out of Chrysalis. Or maybe he's just giving him enough rope to hang himself.

RE: The Apostle is doomed to failure

Not really. I've been thinking about this and it could be done, maybe easily, and it's even something that's in character.

RE: Barry "The Confederate" Meldrums

He has bodymorph stone and is an idiot.

I think his bodymorph is permanent but yes, he is an ID10T.

RE: Scripture & Marcel "The Apostle of Mal" Delormier

Probably Script hasn't actually asked him, "are you planning to to kill me?" since he got out of Chrysalis. Or maybe he's just giving him enough rope to hang himself.

The way it was described, Marcel's "true nature" to shine through like beacon, given his intentions. I vote for B.

RE: The Apostle is doomed to failure

Not really. I've been thinking about this and it could be done, maybe easily, and it's even something that's in character.

Case for Scipture roasting The Apostle.

Page 95: "He (Delormier) is being hasty howver, and has no concept of Scripture's full power; any attempt made on Scripture's life is doomed to failure as the patriarch of the Teragen sheds his quiet holy form one much more terrifying.

Page 33: describes Scripture, saying "...with a dash of Hiroshima added in."

Case for Scripture getting Roasted: Mal lets it happen. The NOLK section pretty clearly implies that Divis Mal lets his closest supporters get assasintaed so that he can make the zealos Terats his "Infernal Host of Angelic warriors"

Random Conspiracy Thought:

What if Jeremiah Scripture is really a Quantum Construct imbued with Life and Power by Mal. Think about it...he is so twisted, how else to find the perfect lover than to create them? Its somehow perfect for Mal... Its already strongly implied that Donnighal erupted Scripture...maybe his first time using the power...

Good answers, Alex.

Interesting theory, SkyLion. I've actually built a character in the past whose theme was being a quantum construct built by Mal. The idea was that he would need a permanent guardian for the only portal to Bounty's Nursery, which would actually be a tropical pocket dimension also created by him.

I named him Raphael and played him in War Journal, after the Aberrant War reached a stage where protection of the link to the Nursery was no longer a factor. ::cool

RE: Script

He can't be a construct because he's around when Mal is in the big "C".

RE: The Apostle taking out Script

As I recall there is something about him eventually being able to do this, where upon he would go after Mal and get fried (although granted, that's not the way to bet).

The easy and obvious way for him to take out Script is to drop a dime on him with Pax. Pax wants to hurt Mal and Pax also probably does have the raw power needed to take Script out.

Interestingly one of the developers also said that the plan was for Pax to eventually be killed outright by Mal after several more encounters.

Re: My pet theory.

I dont think it would matter if Mal was in Chrysalis. There are extras for Q-Construct like Longevity that would work when combined with Levels of Mastery. Or rather than be a Construct he could be made with Biological, Conscioussness, and Quantum Supremacy...those I think can be made permanent with expenditure of a permanent WP point.

Anyway its just a thought that has some intriguingly possible merit.

Re: Apostle.

It basically said that part of Delormier personality is to end up despising his idols. So it says that *if* he takes out Scripture, eventually Mal would look tarnished in his eyes.

It does say he is looking for a patsy but that he is looking in the ranks of the Primacy for a young ambitious Terat to take the fall. He is nervous about using Utopia, since Saxon was captured and came *this* close to ratting him out. Still I will admit that Pax would be a good choice...IF Scripture couldn't see it coming...

According to the books Scripture and Pax are probably both around Q7, and Scripture can render someone Ash from across the planet...they could be an equal match...

Archived