Vote!

BlueNinja

I've voted early too, although my district's so overwhelmingly conservative that it still feels quite futile. ::indifferent I'll just wait for the results to come out to see if my vote made any difference at all (it hasn't in the last nine years or so), but I'm not holding my breath over it.

I'm glad to see Democrats sweeping so many seats and stuff (even though I hate that wench Hillary Clinton with a passion, which has really put a damper on any support I give to Democrats), but this was a terrible election for gay rights. 7 states voted for limiting marriage to a man and woman. One step forward...two steps back.

I'm scared that I'll never be able to get married. Plus, here in Florida, I can't even adopt an orphaned child because they think I'll turn him/her gay. On purpose even!

Sorry to rant...just a little disappointed in my country.

Well, my county pretty much stayed Republican (as it has been for the past 30+ years), but at least the news was better on the national front.

My sympathies on your fears on adoption & marriage, Blue Thunder. Second-class citizenship isn't good for anybody. You folks will probably win these legal issues in our generation, but around my neck of the woods I see a lot of prejudiced people that will have to either die off or learn better first...

"People need to come to terms with the idea of letting people make their own decisions."

Double amen.

I'm glad to see Democrats sweeping so many seats and stuff (even though I hate that wench Hillary Clinton with a passion, which has really put a damper on any support I give to Democrats), but this was a terrible election for gay rights. 7 states voted for limiting marriage to a man and woman. One step forward...two steps back.

I'm scared that I'll never be able to get married. Plus, here in Florida, I can't even adopt an orphaned child because they think I'll turn him/her gay. On purpose even!

Sorry to rant...just a little disappointed in my country.

Dude that is madness! I'm very sorry to hear that. Hopefully time will change things...has happened before.

I'm tempted, I really am. Canada looks better every day. The only negative I see is that I absolutely hate the cold. I'm a Florida native; I've never actually been in snow before! I love the heat though.

But, as we all know, Canada gets subsumed into the Federated States of America in a few decades. If I'm smart, I'll get to Japan before the second Quarantine goes up. I know I can't help them repopulate (what with me punching the other hole, and all) but I'll try and try until I'm out of energy. Then I'll rest, and try again the next day. Male pregnancy can happen if I just put my mind to it. I'll devote my life to it. I'll journey across Japan, trying everywhere I go. Eventually I'll come across a child-bearing male, and my journey will end. Until then, my quest continues...(cue Final Fantasy crystal theme).

...what was the original topic?

• 2 weeks later...

Its great to see you haven't given up. ::wink Just what the modern generation needs... a take-no-prisoners motto and endless... well, drive I guess. ::biggrin

PS. I live in the bible belt and I can see a difference from five years ago, so just keep truckin'.

Archived