Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The NoLK Discussion Thread

Blue Thunder

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shepherds could be cool...in a way it sounds kind of twisted and my PCs development has definitly gone a bit dark and twisted...thank you Alex for that...

Some more suggestions...The Evolutionaries....has a philosophical ring to it.

We could be The Keepers. or the Warders, since baselines are our wards.

Come on people help me out!!! There has got to be a name that is just it!

and BN...you sure you want Satomi? Why not stick with the J theme and be Jubei?

Oh!...just got a great idea for our factions name:

The Prometheans.

Like Prometheus of Mythos, we are voluntarily stepping down from the pantheon of Olympus to guide the mortals to the light and share with them the gift of fire. Yet we are still gods...

The Prometheans.

Like Prometheus of Mythos, we are voluntarily stepping down from the pantheon of Olympus to guide the mortals to the light and share with them the goft of fire. Yet we are still gods...

Ooh, I like that. It gives a definite sense of us being above and better than the baselines.

The problem with Sheperds is that it has very Christian overtones, very positive connotations. The good sheperd, who cares for his flock, and all that....

A list of derogatory nicknames I thought up:

Zoo Keepers

Discovery Channel (i.e. instead of “ wonder what the Prometheans are up to?” they’d say “wonder what’s on the Discovery Channel?”)

PETZ or NETZ: People (or Novas) for the Ethical Treatment of Zips

Monkey Wrenches (since we undoubtedly will be causing problems for at least a few of the other factions)

Monkeyshiners (we "waste" our time making the monkeys nice and "shiny")

Now the other factions can pretend they're being clever when they call us names! I feel so legit now! ::happy

Now the other factions can pretend they're being clever when they call us names! I feel so legit now! ::happy

Heck, they could just call us PETA, they think of baselines as animals anyway.

See thats where I am hoping to shake things up for the Teragen....I (and thusly this particular PC through which I shall be expressing these views) feel that many of the Teragen are in denial. Secretly, though they would never admit it, the are scared Sh--less of what they have become and what they have lost. Why else would they rail so much against baselines, when they were born baselines? Its like someone who grew up poor and then became rich and now despises the destitute....because they remind them of what they were that they loathed in themselves....Eruption is often about wish fullfillment remember so novas can get pretty petty.

So they puff themselves up and act so superior as a mask to hide the fact that many can never again enjoy the simple pleasures of family and children and everything else that we take for granted in a "normal" life.

I think deep down inside many know that they are freaks and have joined the teragen for that missing sense of family.

Now there *are* those who are more like Divis and truly see the way of enlightenment as moving toward a grand vision...and to these we shall appeal to based on the well-put thought that Novas should be evolving "towards" not "away from."

And I am sure this has happened...Some Terat is going after a baseline who erupts....now we have lost a potential ally since their first experience with the teragen was a hostile one...even though the terat is likely to try and "nice-up" to their new "brother."

NOW...there are still some things that need to be addressed...The Terragen is in a unique position with their knowledge of The Utopian Conspiracy. I would like our new faction to be the ones, if possible, to forge an alliance with the Aberrants and really try to turn the tables on Utopia. In additon we should have a research member or branch that would look into the specifics of novus latency. We need more info on how to detect Stage Zero Novas and how to more safely trigger their eruptions. This is a long term overarching goal.

In the short term Id like to have an anti-hero vibe for the group. We can start by culling those members of humanity that are too sick in the head or pathological to make good novas...We can go after scum, criminals and others who lack the intelligence and philosophical sunstance to appreciate post-human existence. We want the emergant nova sub-species to thrive and become dominant and unlike any other time in history we have the power to start from the ground up and create a new society intentionally.

My PC in particular will also have the bent of culling Novas he deems irresponsible as well. While against the party line of "we dont hurt are own" this is a Night of Long Knives game and why should Divis have all the fun pitting his children against one another...

Another long term goal I would like to pursue is to establish relations with the protectors and the Daedelus League. This must be done covertly with the help of the Casablancas (who *will* be on our side) so that we can secretly find Eden (or whatever) for when the time comes....I think our Promethean Pantheon is a prime candidate to be the ones who found Eden...with the PC created game altering twist that the humans there dont just worship us but aspire to join our ranks and be welcomed on our New Olympus.

Just some thoughts, hope you like.

Still working on my PC...I just want to polish him and finish my background material before posting. stay tuned.

Well, I was going to use the name James but I noticed someone beat me to it. So what J names are already taken?,,

No ones taken Jeremy yet (and you know who you are ::tongue ...you need to go through DriveThruRPG and buy the Teargen book...its required reading.)

In additon we should have a research member or branch that would look into the specifics of novus latency. We need more info on how to detect Stage Zero Novas and how to more safely trigger their eruptions. This is a long term overarching goal.

I've got your research aspect covered. Mega-Int with Science prodigy. He will definitely be looking into creating a test for latency.

I also pretty much agree with your goals, although he will definitely be feeling pretty superior.

I've got your research aspect covered. Mega-Int with Science prodigy. He will definitely be looking into creating a test for latency.

I also pretty much agree with your goals, although he will definitely be feeling pretty superior.

May I suggest spending a few points on Nova Physiology, Latency, and/or Quantum Backlash Syndrome Specialities...

Jave you posted your concept/Bio yet Foxy?

I'll try to get the forum up tonight guys, dealing with homework ATM.

No rush Archer; your homework, assignments, and real life stuff comes first...always.

Yeah, but just think of all the sheep jokes we'll have to put up with if we have sex with baselines!

"Baaaaaa" means "No!"

Can we get Q6 in-game?

Are there restrictions on buying up Quantum?

If we get to Q6, are there restrictions for taking Mastery on powers?

You can get Q6 after play starts, but even then I would consider it greater than Chrysalis in terms of plot importance. Q6 is a big deal. Reaching Q6 can set you above even a Third Stage nova. You'd be at a power level that would rival characters like Sophia Rousseau and Scripture. You would become one of the most powerful Terats. As for Mastery, I generally think Mastery works fine, but any questions and kinks can be discussed on a per power basis. I'm guessing some powers benefit more than others from Mastery.

The Prometheans.

We have a winner! That's the best name idea we've got. Prometheans it is.

A list of derogatory nicknames I thought up:

Zoo Keepers

Discovery Channel (i.e. instead of “ wonder what the Prometheans are up to?” they’d say “wonder what’s on the Discovery Channel?”)

Monkey Wrenches (since we undoubtedly will be causing problems for at least a few of the other factions)

Monkeyshiners (we "waste" our time making the monkeys nice and "shiny")

Now the other factions can pretend they're being clever when they call us names! I feel so legit now!

Good name ideas. Shrapnel may have very well started half of them herself.

No ones taken Jeremy yet (and you know who you are...you need to go through DriveThruRPG and buy the Teargen book...its required reading.)

Someone here hasn't read the Teragen book yet? Yikes, they might wanna take a gander at it so they know what's going on. I don't wanna promote illegal file sharing or anything *cough* yeahwhateveridontreallycare *cough* but if anyone has the Teragen book PDF maybe they could send this mystery player a copy. To borrow of course.

As soon as we have a new forum I'm going to start threads for PC characters and such. No way do we want to have to page through dozens of pages to find out what is common knowledge.

Perhaps each character should have their own thread. The title should be "(character name)" It's better than just one thread for all bios I think, since you can update your own bio whenever you want, or add more info with more entries. As time goes on, maybe add journal entries into your bio thread. Stuff like that.

Re: J Names

If characters start taking on new baseline names that start with 'J' there should be a reason other than coincidence. Maybe as a way of tossing aside your old baseline lives, you use new names that you've chosen. And in order to show solidarity among your new family, you choose a theme...the letter 'J' as the first letter. You don't use your old baseline names, because you aren't baselines anymore, but you still want a name different than your codename. If your codename is "Super Power Dude" (or whatever) you'd get tired of being called by that title all the time. So you'd want another name that you use between your nova siblings. Not all Prometheans would take the names though...just those that liked the idea. It could be one of the quirks of the Promethean faction.

Topic: Female Faction Members?

To put it bluntly: Where the boobs at?! I was thinking of making an NPC or two that would also be in the Prometheans (as handy plot devices, power balancers, expositioners, and last-second life-savers and such), and I might have to make them all female to help balance things out here. I'm not pressuring anyone to make their character female though. It might get a bit scary. If you guys are like my players when I suggest they play female characters for a change of pace, your novas would be a bit something like this:

Sizemorph (Grow) + no Attunement to protect clothing + female nova = MEGA MAMMOTH MAMMARIES!!!

or

Awe-Inspiring enhancement + Disorient + Hypnosis + female nova = HYPNO RAY BEAM BOOBIE POWERS!!!

or

One of them would propose a new Body Modification called Uni-Boob. It wouldn't affect gameplay at all. It would just give his character a single mega breast. And it would probably fire a Quantum Bolt.

So yeeeeah...

"Baaaaaa" means "No!"
Ah, I see you know one of my coworkers. ::laugh
You can get Q6 after play starts, but even then I would consider it greater than Chrysalis in terms of plot importance. Q6 is a big deal. Reaching Q6 can set you above even a Third Stage nova. You'd be at a power level that would rival characters like Sophia Rousseau and Scripture. You would become one of the most powerful Terats. As for Mastery, I generally think Mastery works fine, but any questions and kinks can be discussed on a per power basis. I'm guessing some powers benefit more than others from Mastery.
I was figuring that some of us might emerge from Chrysalis with Q6, hence the reason for my asking. I just want to Mastery my Q-Construct, that's all. ::happy
Prometheans it is.
Cool beans.
To put it bluntly: Where the boobs at?! I was thinking of making an NPC or two that would also be in the Prometheans (as handy plot devices, power balancers, expositioners, and last-second life-savers and such), and I might have to make them all female to help balance things out here. I'm not pressuring anyone to make their character female though.
I can change Satoshi to a female with virtually no change, except I'll have to go Googling for a female Japanese name instead of a male one.

Um....okay Blue Thunder.. ::unsure . *backs away slowly*

::tongue

I think BN should play a woman...he has kinda a knack for it I noticed (though typically his Fem NPCs have been either feisty (Claire, Fiona) or cold as ice (Clio, child of Helen).

Besides we can have an anime chick with his summoner!!!

But anyway yeah...female NPCs are appreciated, in fact NPCs in general that can be major supporting cast....its just more fun that way!

Ok its me. I'm the culprit here. I've not read the Teragen book and therefore have to where the letter T on my jacket.

Anyone have a copy i could peruse?

I've been involved in the Trinity verse since oh the day I joined...a month or so. I'm a fast learner. Plus I'm probably bigger than everyone here save Skylion, who is a sasquatch.

Thank you and have a good day.

Ok its me. I'm the culprit here. I've not read the Teragen book and therefore have to where the letter T on my jacket.

Anyone have a copy i could peruse?

I've been involved in the Trinity verse since oh the day I joined...a month or so. I'm a fast learner. Plus I'm probably bigger than everyone here save Skylion, who is a sasquatch.

Hehe, gotcha! Well, I don't have a copy of the Teragen PDF since I ponied up almost $80 for a used copy of the real book on eBay. I almost lost the bid too >_< But as revenge, the person that lost to me on that auction outbid me on all of the Trinity Battlegrounds blister packs I bid on. What an ass...

*ahem*

Anyway, given your character's newbie status to the Teragen (and his personality and temperment in general) it shouldn't be too hard to fit in. You're a Follower after all.

I can change Satoshi to a female with virtually no change, except I'll have to go Googling for a female Japanese name instead of a male one.

Just not Yuna. If you name her Yuna I'll stab you. You could name her Schtolteheim Reinbach III and I would be more approving.

Hehe, gotcha! Well, I don't have a copy of the Teragen PDF since I ponied up almost $80 for a used copy of the real book on eBay. I almost lost the bid too >_< But as revenge, the person that lost to me on that auction outbid me on all of the Trinity Battlegrounds blister packs I bid on. What an ass...

*ahem*

Anyway, given your character's newbie status to the Teragen (and his personality and temperment in general) it shouldn't be too hard to fit in. You're a Follower after all.

I'm good at fitting in. I will make a serious effort to get the book, but I pick things up fast. My characters disposition will be very beneficial for being uneducated in the ways of the Teragen. He's a follower, but followers shouldn't be pushed around. We guard you while you sleep!

I'm good at fitting in. I will make a serious effort to get the book, but I pick things up fast. My characters disposition will be very beneficial for being uneducated in the ways of the Teragen. He's a follower, but followers shouldn't be pushed around. We guard you while you sleep!
There are two big reasons to pick up the Teragen book.

1) New powers, including the awesome Spatial Manipulation and Node Spark, and the lamer Nova Proxy, as well as the rules on Chrysalis.

2) So that you truly comprehend why you need to be scared shitless of the following Pantheon members - Apostle, Tarik ibn-Mahmoud, Clarion, The Confederate.

2) So that you truly comprehend why you need to be scared shitless of the following Pantheon members - Apostle, Tarik ibn-Mahmoud, Clarion, The Confederate.

I'm scared of Scripture. Anyone that makes a cult dedicated to his boyfriend is more than a little crazy. But probably not as crazy as the boyfriend that accepts that there is a cult run by his lover, and even encourages the perception of his divinity. That's one ****ed up relationship right there. All it's missing is a romantic triangle with Geryon involved, who is also cheating on both Leviathon and Antaeus, and to make things worse, Narcosis has Mal's child...or does she? The Apostle is revealed to be the father! Dun-dun-dun!

That would be a Jerry Springer episode for the ages, my friends.

Wait...what were we talking about?

I'm still getting situated here at home with a new job. We can start the Prologue once that settles itself. In like...a week? You guys can still edit your characters until then.

"Baaaaaa" means "No!"
Ah, I see you know one of my coworkers.
Topic: Female Faction Members?

To put it bluntly: Where the boobs at?! I was thinking of making an NPC or two that would also be in the Prometheans (as handy plot devices, power balancers, expositioners, and last-second life-savers and such), and I might have to make them all female to help balance things out here. I'm not pressuring anyone to make their character female though. It might get a bit scary. If you guys are like my players when I suggest they play female characters for a change of pace, your novas would be a bit something like this:

Sizemorph (Grow) + no Attunement to protect clothing + female nova = MEGA MAMMOTH MAMMARIES!!!

or

Awe-Inspiring enhancement + Disorient + Hypnosis + female nova = HYPNO RAY BEAM BOOBIE POWERS!!!

or

One of them would propose a new Body Modification called Uni-Boob. It wouldn't affect gameplay at all. It would just give his character a single mega breast. And it would probably fire a Quantum Bolt.

So yeeeeah...

Just not Yuna. If you name her Yuna I'll stab you. You could name her Schtolteheim Reinbach III and I would be more approving.
I'm scared of Scripture. Anyone that makes a cult dedicated to his boyfriend is more than a little crazy. But probably not as crazy as the boyfriend that accepts that there is a cult run by his lover, and even encourages the perception of his divinity. That's one ****ed up relationship right there. All it's missing is a romantic triangle with Geryon involved, who is also cheating on both Leviathon and Antaeus, and to make things worse, Narcosis has Mal's child...or does she? The Apostle is revealed to be the father! Dun-dun-dun!

That would be a Jerry Springer episode for the ages, my friends.

Wait...what were we talking about?

I'm still getting situated here at home with a new job. We can start the Prologue once that settles itself. In like...a week? You guys can still edit your characters until then.

::unsure .........................................this thread has gone insane ::indifferent ........

It's 4:30 AM here. My sanity leaves when I'm sleep deprived.

Oh yeah, just in case I never mentioned it before...The Robust enhancement from Aberrant Compendium is on my short "no-no" list. It's too powerful. So if anyone has Robust as a Mega-Stamina enhancement, you'll need to replace it. Sorry ^^;

It's 4:30 AM here. My sanity leaves when I'm sleep deprived.

Oh yeah, just in case I never mentioned it before...The Robust enhancement from Aberrant Compendium is on my short "no-no" list. It's too powerful. So if anyone has Robust as a Mega-Stamina enhancement, you'll need to replace it. Sorry ^^;

East Coast?

AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! :tombstone:

::devil ::devil ::devil ::devil ::devil ::devil ::devil ::devil ::devil ::devil ::devil

trick or treaters: ::ninja ::xmas ::pimpin ::getsome :captainamerica: :mach4b: :destiny:

Archived