Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The NoLK Discussion Thread

Blue Thunder

Also, would someone like to come up with a name for Chapter 2? I tried, but nothing is coming to me, as you may have noticed at the beginning of each Branch. The best I've got so far is "Roach and Envy's Bogus Adventure" but something tells me that won't quite fit in with the seriousness of the game.

The Prologue was called "Genesis of Quantum Prometheus" and Chapter 1 was "Brave New World" so that should be an indication of the kind of Chapter titles I'm going with.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In keeping with what I see as a Sci-Fi theme for the chapters

Quantum Prometheus = The New Prometheus, Mary Shelly's original title for Frankenstien. Not sure if this is what BT was going for but its how I am viewing it.

Chapter 1, Brave New World = Aldous Huxley, duh

Chapter 2, Childhoods End, an Arthur C. Clarke novel about the arrival of aliens to planet earth. In the context of the game, it refers to when actions of the Prometheans begin to have real consequences as well as when they begin to move away from the protection of their patrons ( Oraziz and the Mathmatician). From this point on their triumphs and tragedies will be truly their own.

Well, thats my poke at chapter naming. Everyone else, have at it.

BT, do forcefields prevent touch based powers? The Poison write up (core book) strongly implies not but I figured I'd better double check that.
Not that it makes a difference for Bob in this case. I'd have him-as-Envy withhold his action until Paolo and Cord attack him, but they have a higher init so that's not needed or an option.

And yes, that's The Colony sqeaking for mercy. As this is a group setting, if it's appropriate he'll activate Perfect Guest letting him fit in with the goals of the group, i.e. they are looking for a victim and that's the part he's playing here.

IC and OOC I'd intended to go for Paolo, but Bob's first priority is to stay in character and the way this is playing out he really can't run up to Paolo and do that, so Cord it is. She's flying but this room isn't big enough for that to be a problem for the several meter long tongue.

Hyper-Focus, I think you may be a bit confused on the chain of events in the Web of Lies. BT posted that Eric wont go walking through the city until just before the party begins, and as far as I understood Blade's post Kyle won't be venturing into the city at all.

Yeah, thats what I gathered as well. As BT put in his post, Kyle -wouldnt- be able to go along because he was needed at the party to scan Death wave. Otherwise Kyle would have just gone along with Erik himself and never would have needed to ask Asansi or Loki to go along with Erik.

Also, would someone like to come up with a name for Chapter 2? I tried, but nothing is coming to me, as you may have noticed at the beginning of each Branch. The best I've got so far is "Roach and Envy's Bogus Adventure" but something tells me that won't quite fit in with the seriousness of the game.

Hey I like the sound of that!!

Sorry for being so distant as of late. Just havn't been motivated to do much of anything...my real life actually has been extremely rewarding!! Which is good. I'll do my best to get back into the game soon...Can't have ENvy get killed on my watch!

So Phoenix... Envy is still along for the ride yes? At least until I declare him letting go (which will be after Envy sees the result of this initial round of actions...he is saving his for when they have spent theirs...)

As I understand it Envy is dormed and KC is keeping Envy and KC out of combat this round, DD4 or Invis or flatform or something.

Not out of combat for the round...we just deferred our actions so we could ambush them!!!! ::devil

Dont know about BT...presumably BN is out to Sea...

Maybe he was part of a hidden cell of Al Qaeda and has to abort his plan of take over the USA trought subliminal messages in eononline.net... ? ::confused

Who knows... anyone has a better theory?

• 1 month later...

He logged on June 16th so he probably has seen these messages (and recieved my PMs). Something isn't right...either he had a crisis or we offended him in some unforseen way. Or he needed to quit and felt too guilty to tell us like Heritage,

If you read this BT, I hope you are okay.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im actually my butt off right now to get out of debt from my 2 week vacation, traffic ticket, insurance etc. and then yes I will be back in classes in October. If you're so stoked, why don't you do it? Maybe then you'ld actually buy the Teragen book... ::tongue ::wink

• 1 year later...

Archived