Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The NoLK Discussion Thread

Blue Thunder

Sorry for the lack of pace here folks. I have no work this weekend, so I can get stuff done. When the Turncoat situation is resolved, things should move along as normal. I'm thinking when SkyLion replies things should be alright.

Also, another issue. If memory serves, we have 8 players here. SkyLion, Shade, Bahamut, Phoenix (I'm capitalizing your name, dammit), Cottus Centimane, Blade, BlueNinja, and Alex Green. Well, I got a PM from Hyper-Focus wanting to know if he/she would be able to join in. So would you guys be alright if new players joined?

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I started the new factions thread. I'll be updating it over time until I have all the factions down, even the minor ones. Whenever I update a faction's basic information, roster list, and/or enclaves, I'll say as much here.

As for the enclaves themselves, I'll have a new thread for those sometime soon, so you guys know what's up with those.

On the issue of A Breed Apart and nova fertility:

I'm not in total agreement with how ABA handles nova fertility and nova offspring; there are certain key issues I'm not comfortable with (The biggest one being the power level of 2nd gen children. 20 bonus NP at character creation with an extra 50-100 NP at Apotheosis? Jesus-titty-fuckin'-Christ!). It isn't likely that fertility and nova reproduction will play a major role in the Night of Long Knives, but some of you may still wish to have a nova child of your own. Since the NoLK probably won't last more than two or three years of in-game time, you're not likely to actually raise a child beyond the "diaper and slobber" years anyway, and that's if the child isn't in Bounty's care the whole time.

Still, if you want to have nova fertility play a part of your character's story, tell me now, so I can hammer some things out beforehand.

The factions list is hardly complete, especially the enclave listings. And the Nebraska enclave (Heartland) is under the Conservative Harvesters now. The Radicals and Conservatives of the Harvesters had a split recently, but I'll get into that soon enough. The factions will be updated a lot over the next week or so as I finalize things. I already have more than I've posted, I'm just making sure things fit before I post them for good.

I'm also trying to get the major enclaves listed first. The Hole-In-The- Wall will be posted eventually ^^

I posted a thread at N!Prime asking if one or two people were interested in playing. Here's hoping a few are!

But damn, I hope I don't get like 10 replies with people wanting to play. Then I'll have to turn people down :(

I would like to make a try on on your campaign. I dont know if you only need certain stats or if you I simply send you all. Also, even when I understand and can speak and write in english this is no my language, so I excuse beforehand if I dont express myself ina proper manner sometimes ::blush . Anyway I think I won't have big problems either.

I would like to make a try on on your campaign. I dont know if you only need certain stats or if you I simply send you all. Also, even when I understand and can speak and write in english this is no my language, so I excuse beforehand if I dont express myself ina proper manner sometimes ::blush . Anyway I think I won't have big problems either.

I guess if you have any difficulties with English we can just say your character isn't a native English speaker either. What languages do you know?

You can Private Message me your character concept, and then I'll see about approving it. Then, once I do, you can PM or e-mail me stats. But first, I want to know what the character is. You don't have to post stats publically for all to see.

Cottus you getting a sex change change operation??

Not quite, but pretty close.

Actually I'm going to be changing characters starting in Ch. 2. James just hasn't been doing it for me, much as I loved him at the start of the campaign. I've been having to force him to fit into the story. Which is my fault because I really should have tailored his personality and background better than I did, BT's storytelling and the PCs' roleplaying had nothing to do with it.

So anyway, as we finish off Ch. 1 I'll be retiring James, and as we start Ch. 2 I'll be bringing in a new character. He's a former Harvester and elite who goes by the name of Anansi, and he's a much better fit for the NoLK. I'll post a descrip in the Meet the Characters thread sometime relatively soon, but I still have to polish off a few details with BT's help.

I was in the mood to make taint-buttered Terats with those last four character bios, apparantly. I have to say, The Housefly was inspired partly by Tweak from South Park.

I work Wednesday and Thursday nights this week, but I have Friday and all weekend off. Since Chapter 1 is pretty much dying, I'm probably going to jump into Chapter 2 a bit earlier than expected. Gotta keep this train rolling.

hold off on ending the chapter for just a bit more BT. NOw that the interogation sequence is over, we still need to meet (everyone seemed to be waiting for me...), formally usher in Kyle, and adress his concerns and prepare our own battle plans in earnest...

The overall effect is very creepy.

Yes Alex...very creppy...you scare me sometimes... ::unsure

::thumbup1

Yes Alex...very creppy...you scare me sometimes... ::unsure

::thumbup1

Thanks, I've been waiting to do that. It was tempting to take the effect as an aberration or social disad but Bob isn't a telepath and has a mind shield so it seemed un-point-worthy. Bob is an alien creature mentally. Anyone who's been telepathically in contact with him and has seen the "real" him can feel uncomfortable around him... although this is the teragen so it might not matter.

Edit: Bob is a monster where it counts, on the inside.

Hey folks. Big Blue just invited me on for chapter 2. I was just wondering what they lay of the land was before I begin creating my character. Ive tried pouring over this thread, but 48 damm pages is just too much. Can someone point me to some relevent posts or take a few minutes to fill me in.

Lookin' forward to playing with ya'll. If you have any character concepts you think may fit in nicely let me know.

Phoenix, you bum!

Anyways, characters are made with 40 NP and 60 XP. You can have a starting Chrysalis of 0-4. Taint above 7 would need some approval by me, since such a PC is nearly at NPC stage. Quantum is limited to 5, though this is likely to change later. You are limited to First Stage.

I already PMed you story-notes, I can't think of any stat-related stuff I'm forgetting...

Help Name My Character!!

The basic outline is an entropy controlling revolutionary who specializes in introducing disorder to complex systems, eventually pushing them towards catastrophic failure. Besides entropy control and TK (sometimes physical systems need an a little extra push towards breakdown) he has a some of social mega-atts with enhancements allowing for both covert (i.e. copycat) and overt (Natural Agitator) operations. Lastly, some mega-int for facility for finding (analyze weakness) and exploiting (Mental Prodigy: Tactics) flaws in his opponents planning.

The thing is, I'm stuck at coming up with his Nova handle. Firebrand and Rebel-Yell are taken (Teen2M and A New Breed, respectively). Ive making a verb out of him: Agitator, Inciter, Instigator, Dissenter. None of them seem quite right to me. Malcontent? Maybe....but hate hate puns. Really people, I'm at a loss so I'm asking for suggestions or anything that may get me thinking in the right direction.

One more thing, the character is Ukranian, so if anyone knows the a word of concept from a slavic language (I'm not picky) that might work pass that along. Or any sort of (slavic or otherwise) mythological concept.

Edit: Holy shit, I meant to post this in the OCC discussion thread. Can BT move it there?

Archived