Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The NoLK Discussion Thread

Blue Thunder

Well, Leiko asked James a question, I didn't want to assume your answer.

Yeah, it's fine, I was waiting to see if Narcosis was going to hold up Leiko, cuz I hate it when we end up in an IC conversation that shouldn't be taking place because of something IC that happens *after* we start the conversation. So I was waiting to see if Narc was gonna hold up Leiko. Oh well...

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No he isn't. He hasn't chosen an Archetype, and doesn't have any Chrysalis points.

Where did you get this from?

BTW, how does everyone else feel about ending or extending the first chapter? Only Sky replied. We don't have to end it right now, but do you guys want any more big events to occur or would you rather go to Chapter 2, the start of the war?

I wouldn't mind STing the interrogation of Turncoat, I guess, but it would make for better OOC stuff I think, mostly because a few Telepathy rolls later and you've got what you need. Della could get all the info you want and report it to you.

One would expect Orzaiz to be a Marvel, but I thought it was implied or stated in the Teragen book that Divis asked him not to undergo Chrysalis yet.

I would like a chance for Leiko to relate what she learned from Narcosis to Envy, but it's something that should definately be done away from the club.

Anyhoo, I'm typing up a long textfile on the current state of the Teragen...factions, leaders, enclaves, blah blah blah. I'm also listing members too, so you know who is in what faction ahead of time. Maybe you've noticed the large amount of NPC bios I post, thats so I can (hopefully) establish characters before they appear, though I've been late on that several times. I hope I can get most of the Teragen down by the time Ch2 ends.

I apologize for the "docile" nature of Chapter 1. But now that the shit has hit the fan, the fun stuff begins. Battles, backstabbing, scheming, betrayals, murders, assasinations, Chrysalis, cults, mass destruction, abuses of power, Mal worship, madness, Taint, all that good stuff.

I'll also post a thread on the nature of the NoLK itself and how it'll be run after Chapter 1, so that'll be useful. I'll try hitting on how I'll handle the battles over enclaves and other issues. I don't know when I'll get these two threads posted exactly though.

Also, I start a new job this Monday. If I understand correctly, I work 12 hours a day on graveyard shift, 7pm to 7am, and I work either 3 or 4 days a week. I take this to believe that I work every other day, thus alternating between 3 and 4 days a week, meaning 36 and 48 hours a week. If this is how it works out (and I really hope so, having every other day off rocks, and I love graveyard shift) I'll be able to settle into a relatively normal updating schedule.

As for my opinions about moving on to chapter 2, well Kyle of course wants to talk to Envy, but then again I suppose we can do that conversation over PM as well. So I dont really mind. Whatever you think is best as ST as far as Im concerned.

I don't think roleplaying the interrogation is a productive idea. It would just be Envy asking questions or rolling Telepathy, while the other PCs just sit there waiting for it to finish and for something else to happen. I could have stuff happen at the Blackburn to distract the other PCs, but it would just be pointless fluff that goes nowhere. Della could do the interrogation and send Envy a report of what she finds if that would work, and she has better Telepathy and Interrogation.

At this point, everyone seems to be wanting to meet together. The Proms can have their own meeting to decide what to do. And after that meeting/discussion, this Chapter can end.

((BlueNinja: Do you want the chocobo to disappear, or will you keep it up when you enter the lounge?))
When Leiko finds Envy (at the holding cell, I'm assuming) she'll let the chocobo return to the quantum ether. Or if she needs to go somewhere it won't fit, like, say, an elevator. ::biggrin

But once Leiko relates Narcosis' offer of ... armistice? mutual non-interference? ... I'm find with the chapter ending.

Id like to play through a scene involving Mariana, if you would like. Or would that be better as a short fiction? He'ld probably want Roach and possibly King Cobra nearby, given the current climate and they could talk while Emvy and Mariana do. it might be a good way for Roach to get more filled in on things and for KC to impart some of his own slightly twiated values...perhaps even commentary on the path of Teras and what it means for human and baseline coevolution.

Sorry for the absence. Job training has me beat. But I'm done for the next 2-3 days.

SkyLion, were you still going to post? Or did you decide against the interrogation after all?

So, um...what happened to James? I didn't think he and Vi were that far behind Leiko.

Limbo. Kinda. Until we figure out what's going on.

My apologies for the delay. Real life has been intense lately, partially involving an incredible girl who is about to leave for many months. I will post as soon as I can. Sometime Friday I should have time...

Uh, yes...the interrogation is about to continue...

No problem. Gives me time to plot your downfall type more stuff up for the game.

As for everyone else, since SkyLion/Envy will be interrogating poor Turncoat, this gives your characters the opportunity to engage in other stuff. Was there anything in particular that you wished to do before the group heads off to have their meeting? If not, I can have crap happen, but I don't want to beat around the bush if someone has a certain goal/activity in mind at the Blackburn.

After Envy interrogates Turncoat, the group will have a short meeting, and after the meeting ends, Ch1 ends. Then, it will be a downtime. Enough time for me to post preparatory material and discuss with everyone what they're doing in the time between Ch1 and Ch2.

Chapter 2 is looking to be a fight against The Apostle's forces. Should be fun.

Let me guess, so Bob can "copy" him and infiltrate the Cult of Mal briefly?

Huh...that's not such a bad plan. Until it comes time to resist telepathy scans and recall stuff only Turncoat would know. Although I suppose if Della/Envy/whoever manages to extract info from Turncoat, they could pop it into your head. Then a telepath could come with you, and give you some form of Psychic Shield or make it look like your mind is Turncoat's.

As I recall, Bob has a psi-shield defined as the multitude of minds he has absorbed (although, granted, his p-shield isn't all that great).

Turncoat... also has a psi-shield defined as the multitude of minds he has absorbed, and/or just presenting the fake of one mind. Better still, everyone knows he has a pretty large psi-shield so most telepaths won't bother scanning him because they know it will fail.

Turncoat also has multiple personality syndrom and is fairly erratic and some of his personalities probably don't know the stuff only he knows.

And finally, if he spends time away from the Apolsile (and his drugs), Turncoat gets more and more erratic until he once again is drugged by him.

So, since Envy will be roleplaying out the interrogation, it would be alright if Kyle opened a warp and everyone else went to the Trinidad Compound and started the meeting to discuss how to handle things. Envy would join you all when he's done. if anyone else wanted to stick around with Envy though, that's perfectly fine.

((Telepathy please, coinciding with Della inside Turncoat's mind. Envy adopts his baseline persona of Directive Field Commander Lt. Jericho Drake.))

You know if you read him with Telepathy, the Holo power will activate, right? You could Dorm down to look exactly like your old self. That might pose it's own problems, since you'll have no powers, and if anyone else is in the room, they'll notice you look a hell of a lot like Bob.

As for the Telepathy, I'll use my Storyteller Magic and make it so that Della can open a mental link with you (Psychic Link) and let you become aware of everything that she becomes aware of through the link.

Oh yeah, and sorry for the ridiculous delay in responding this last week. The training for my new job lasted pretty much all week, and I was too exhausted to do much of anything after working 10 hours straight in a factory. But now I'm into my standard schedule (3-4 work days a week) so things should be okay now. Yay!

A couple things...

That might pose it's own problems, since you'll have no powers, and if anyone else is in the room, they'll notice you look a hell of a lot like Bob.

Well, dorming would preclude his use of telepathy first of all, since he cant use powers. Second, I think you may be a bit confused...The dormed Envy looks like his own self. It is the undormed Envy that looks like Bob...or rather that both Bob and Envy both look like the same other Nova...

You know if you read him with Telepathy, the Holo power will activate, right?...As for the Telepathy, I'll use my Storyteller Magic and make it so that Della can open a mental link with you (Psychic Link) and let you become aware of everything that she becomes aware of through the link.

So i went to check out the Turncoat writeup...the Holo power is used to simulate anima banner effects only, allowing Turncoat to mimic aberrations and such...its actually copycat that he uses to look like specific other people...if you want to change this of course that is definitely your perogative, though Envy got enough successes (and if he didnt the first time then he just used his power again anyway) to use the copycat enhancement as well.

The other thing is that I had planned on Envy using his telepathy with Della, so it wont really matter if the holo does activate or if he does look like Turncoat. Turncoat is for all purposes unconcious and wont see anything anyway. I am sort of basing this scene of the telepathic interrogation of Sluice described on page 89 of canon. The idea being we will essentially be "inside" Turncoats mind. Envy will appear as his Directive, dormed self, asking questions to lead his thoughts in certain directions, while Della's overwhelming power opens the doors that need to be and keeps the whole process stable.

Sorry if I wasn't as clear before...

The thing with Turncoat's powers is that whenever he uses Telepathy, Holo activates almost uncontrollably based on what he's detecting in someone's mind. But since you're doing this all without waking him, that's all pointless anyway. Very well then.

So I'll just have both of you mucking around in his head together then.

((If everyone else agrees, you can open a warp to the Trinidad Compound, Envy's home. You guys can all start the meeting, then Envy and anyone that stays behind can come by when he's done.))

Yeah, thats fine. Only thing is if the others want Kyle to bring them there then they need to ask him. Right now Kyle is perfectly content just waiting for Envy to finish his 'interrogation'. Hes never even been to the Trinidad Compound before and he isnt certain that the group would be going there after all this so he wouldnt be getting any ideas about going there himself.

Archived