Aberrant RPG - Most Powerful Characters "Legit" Characters

Jenacis

I agree...any baseline on the battlefield had their chance to leave. If they are there they are a arget and are going to get auto-hosed...

And M Dex 5 is worth alot. Many people point out that only 5 sux carry over to damage...but all the rest still make it impoosible to dodge and nigh impossible to hit him. IMHO the perfect character to take him down would be my PC Envy from Prometheans Unbound. HIs big huge metapower would hose T, he is also a tactical genius and is immune to q-leech..in spite of having it himself....

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You aren't going to be making contact with him, just his spears. It'd be the same if someone hit you with a car or a big rock.

The armor protects him from the spears. From there its Node Spark to add Area Extra to his Hijack Power...

Edit: with his superior Mega-Int of 3, Envy actually has a huge tactical advantage. They both have tactical Prodigy, and T has Mega Wits 2 to Envy's 1, but Envy gets to apply that tact prod bonus to his 10+1 Tactics skill roll...T doesn't even have the skill tactics.

Edit: with his superior Mega-Int of 3, Envy actually has a huge tactical advantage. They both have tactical Prodigy, and T has Mega Wits 2 to Envy's 1, but Envy gets to apply that tact prod bonus to his 10+1 Tactics skill roll...T doesn't even have the skill tactics.
T doesn't have the skill listed because his write up predates it's existence. Given his rep and tallents he should be grandfathered in with a skill of 4 or 5. You've got one Mega-Die on him. Given his massive enhanced init enhancement, he's going to go first with all his actions.
The armor protects him from the spears. From there its Node Spark to add Area Extra to his Hijack Power...
You don't have a Hijack power, you have 8 or so powers linked together. And even so it isn't going to come up because you'll be dead before you get a chance to use it.

You're the team leader, you're the tactical genius, you have a massive and massively offensive attack power, I think you also have Q-Aware which negates Invisibility, so you're probably the primary target.

Assume your tactical abilities tell you when to turn QA on. He's still going to get close to you and act with surprise because although QA negates Invisibility it doesn't negate Stealth. T averages 11.5 succ on his stealth roll even without Invis. With Invis I think it's 16.5.

His attack is 5 (strength) + 4 (spear) + [10] (Mega-Str 2) + 5 (accurancy succ), or 14[10], and that's assuming he doesn't use targeting rules to pump that up further which he probably will.

Your base leathal soak is what, 8? (5 Eufiber, 1 Mega Stam, 2 Stamina)

What does Armor give you, another 8?

Tot gets to use Find Weakness against you AND your armor. He averages 4, but with willpower that's 5 each. So you total soak is a 6.

Tot hits you twice with his spears, doing 14[4]x2 or 28[8], and then he still has 3 more actions to run away and hide so he can repeat the process one by one on the rest of the team.

Why do you want to hurt me so bad Alex??? ::tongue ::wink

So Envy's superior tactics let him know when and where to strike. Or I just buy up his initiative and anpther level of quickness. You brought up a good point. Envy's real strength is as faction leader.

T moves in for the kill...but it's really the Colony! Not only that but the Colony is wearing Jack shapeshifted into a pen and Anansi shapshifted into a cricket and King Cobra combat teleports in. All four attack simul having held actions! Now he is at a penalty for multiple attackers.

While they have him engaged the real Envy steps out (same round) and douses the whole are with q-hujacking, then immediately cancels the effects on his teammates. he now has T's Mega Strength and Dex, has disrupted his force field and invisibilty, and stolen some juice. Without his Dex he cant run away as fast and he spent his four attacks on Envy's minions.

Guees that extra Mega-die on the tactics roll is worth something. ::biggrin

Oh yeah and for the purposes of the game his Hijack is a single power. All of the Int based ones go off of a single dice roll for instance to make things simple.

T moves in for the kill...but it's really the Colony! Not only that but the Colony is wearing Jack shapeshifted into a pen and Anansi shapshifted into a cricket and King Cobra combat teleports in. All four attack simul having held actions!
And then he proceeds to kill all of us. ::laugh ::devil
Oh yeah and for the purposes of the game his Hijack is a single power. All of the Int based ones go off of a single dice roll for instance to make things simple.
I strongly suspect you can't pay 7 experience and get one more dot in that power.
Why do you want to hurt me so bad Alex??? ::tongue ::wink
Sorry, IMHO it's just a dose of reality better given my me than by him. ::ohmy ,,
So Envy's superior tactics let him know when and where to strike. Or I just buy up his initiative and anpther level of quickness... ::biggrin
If you're trying to out spend T you have a problem. And isn't Tactics is a Wits skill? So he's the one with the one Mega-Die advantage.
You brought up a good point. Envy's real strength is as faction leader.
Exactly. THAT is Envy's strength, and your tactical abilities and Mega-Int should point out us taking on T in combat is attacking his strong point with our weak one.

The real solution is to bribe Anna DeVries into giving him an assignment in a different part of the world. Anna is ripe for joining a faction, it might as well be ours.

Exactly. THAT is Envy's strength, and your tactical abilities and Mega-Int should point out us taking on T in combat is attacking his strong point with our weak one.

Actually, Sky does have something of a point. I don't know how many of the rest of you would have survived, but Anansi could out-stealth (via raw Stealth+Inviz) T's Awareness abilities (I just checked, and it wouldn't be by a lot, but it'd be enough for that one free attack), and Anansi has Disintegrate.

So T's dead. ::indifferent

Possibly, so are the rest of you. But them's the breaks.

EDIT: I just realized that I should probably explain my logic through a little better before I get objections that are valid, but don't apply. One of Anansi's primary mega-atts is M.Per, and he has the Hearing enhancement. And, as per the Inviz write up itself, this makes him immune to T's Inviz, so he's only going up against T's formidable Stealth. Now, I don't really think that Anansi could reasonably expect to beat the 11.5 successes, but groups of observers up the difficulty, and (at least if I was an ST, this is how I'd rule) once T attacks his difficulties would go up even higher, so when all's said and done Anansi (and probably one or two of the other PCs) should know where T is.

Even if T tries to immediately turn and run, Anansi has Enhanced move and T doesn't. A quick look at the rules for pursuit tells us that Anansi wins without even bothering to roll. T has no chance whatsoever of spotting Anansi with his (Inviz+maxed Stealth+Catfooted-enhancement-of-his-own) before he attacks, and Anansi has Disintegrate and can expect about 8 or 9 health levels from each attack.

So in the scenario above, provided one of the other PCs didn't accidentally get in Anansi's way, T is screwed.

T has no chance whatsoever of spotting Anansi with his (Inviz+maxed Stealth+Catfooted-enhancement-of-his-own) before he attacks
He's built to deal with other invisible types. Your Invis wouldn't work against him, he has Blindfighting and it's a pay once per scene thing so the assumption should be it's on.

The contest is his Awareness roll (10 dice + 2 Mega) vs. your "Invisibilty + Stealth die pool" (Probably 6 dice). That's really grim, I doubt Catfooted helps here since you don't get Dex or Mega-Dex.

Now, I don't really think that Anansi could reasonably expect to beat the 11.5 successes, but groups of observers up the difficulty, and (at least if I was an ST, this is how I'd rule)
Most of us won't even get a roll. You having an Invis negating power doesn't help me, therefore I doubt it makes it harder for him to sneak. Second problem is Hearing isn't a per scene power, it's one quantum for Perception+M-Perception turns. If you have it up all the time you'll be out of juice pretty quick. If you don't then it doesn't help.
and Anansi has Disintegrate and can expect about 8 or 9 health levels from each attack.
Now this has potential... but if you're only getting 4 succ on your attack, then if he has an action he'll dodge.

And I'm serious about this having potential, in theory it means that if he snuffs Envy he might run out of actions or not be able to hide so his options are somewhat limited.

Hmm. . . well, considering the Ancient Aberrant PCs, this'd actually be a tougher fight than you'd think ( given we are each in pretty much the same league as Totentanz, power wise ). While we have between us senses good enough to find him, speed enough to catch him, firepower to hurt him, and esoteric attacks, its split between the PCs. More importantly, *all* of us are qp-dependent, so q-leech sniping could cripple our ability to fight, if he can survive or evade long enough to do so.

Good news is, our PCs could almost certainly survive the fight, if we're willing to just flee once it enters the stalking phase. Bad news, I don't think we could actually beat him without a big stroke of luck ( Hermes is actually faster than Totentanz, and has Temporal Manipulation which will stop him cold more often than not. . . but he has the worst senses of the group, and the lowest odds of seeing through Totentanz's stealth ).

He's built to deal with other invisible types. Your Invis wouldn't work against him, he has Blindfighting and it's a pay once per scene thing so the assumption should be it's on.

According to one of your own posts in this thread, T gets to use his Stealth pool, even against opponents who're not affected by the Inviz (cuz you may remember that I suggested using Hearing or QA over a year ago, at the beginning of this thread, and you shot it down saying that T gets too many successes on his base Stealth rolls on average for it to work). So if it works for him, it works for me.

Blindfighting, if you read the write up, gives no advance notice of someone's intention to attack you. Blindfighting means you can fight with your eyes closed/in the dark/while blinded, etc, but it does not make you immune being Stealthed or Ambushed. Once in combat, Anansi's Inviz is useless, before combat he's golden (and he only needs one hit).

The contest is his Awareness roll (10 dice + 2 Mega) vs. your "Invisibilty + Stealth die pool" (Probably 6 dice). That's really grim, I doubt Catfooted helps here since you don't get Dex or Mega-Dex.
Anansi most certainly has Mega-Dex. And again, if T can use his Stealth pool whenever Inviz won't work, then so can I. T's Per and Awereness are both 4, not 5, though his M.Per is 2. He's going to get 5 successes on Awareness rolls on average. Anansi beats this without even trying (this is true whether we're talking about Inviz successes or straight Stealth rolls). Too bad, so sad.
Most of us won't even get a roll. You having an Invis negating power doesn't help me, therefore I doubt it makes it harder for him to sneak. Second problem is Hearing isn't a per scene power, it's one quantum for Perception+M-Perception turns. If you have it up all the time you'll be out of juice pretty quick. If you don't then it doesn't help.
Hearing will last him a good long time. You yourself have stated how rare it is for combat to last more than a few turns, and Anansi, obviously, is stacked to the gills with QP (if he has Disin, he's at least at 30QP, and he's hardly going to sweat a few qp over the entire course of a battle). However, that's a good point about no one else necassarily having an Inviz-disabling sense. Still, since T's Inviz is negated as far as Anansi is concerned (can be taken out of any equations for the purposes of this discussion), once he attacks one of you guys (which sucks for whichever one it is, no doubt) T should be facing a very steep diff penalty to maintain Stealth with Anansi (who's got a better Awareness dice pool than T does, and can Shapeshift himself a crapload of extra senses should he feel the need to) standing right next to T's target. If I was STing I'd apply at least a +4 diff penalty in such a situation, the fact that T has to actually strike someone, and that someone will almost certainly make noise, adds another diff penalty (+1-2). By this point Anansi's going to "see" him, and then we're on to the chase and/or Ambush, and in both cases Anansi's got it in the bag.
Now this has potential... but if you're only getting 4 succ on your attack, then if he has an action he'll dodge.

And I'm serious about this having potential, in theory it means that if he snuffs Envy he might run out of actions or not be able to hide so his options are somewhat limited.

Actually, I was being cautious cuz I didn't have his sheet in front of me. Anansi will average 10 levels of Agg damage (no, he isn't nearly as dextrous as T is).

The bad thing would be if T somehow did spot Anansi before he got a hit in and they had to actually duke it out, cuz Anansi's built for assassination, not one on one combat. T would totally kick his ass in a straight fight.

Its Wits + Invisibility.

It's Wits+ Inviz+[Quantum Auto-sux] for Invisibility's effectiveness. But the 11.5 Stealth successes that T can throw around (that have been mentioned on more than one occasion on this thread) are the result of the 10 regular dice (4 successes) and 5 mega-dice (4.5 successes) and the Cat-footed enhancement (3 auto-sux). 4+4.5+3=11.5 successes. T only gets 9.6 successes on his Inviz rolls on average.

According to one of your own posts in this thread, T gets to use his Stealth pool, even against opponents who're not affected by the Inviz (cuz you may remember that I suggested using Hearing or QA over a year ago, at the beginning of this thread, and you shot it down saying that T gets too many successes on his base Stealth rolls on average for it to work). So if it works for him, it works for me.
Apples and Oranges. We're talking about different senses.

Invis prevents a roll and give [Q] auto succ for all but a few senses. Stealth works on all senses that don't have their own rules which change the generic ones. Blind-fighting has it own rules.

The advantage of Blindfighting is it works whenever you can't see your foe. The disadvantage is it costs q, has to be activated, doesn't work for "passive" things, and you have to have your eyes closed (which implies it can not be used in combo with a number of senses).

Blindfighting, if you read the write up, gives no advance notice of someone's intention to attack you. Blindfighting means you can fight with your eyes closed/in the dark/while blinded, etc, but it does not make you immune being Stealthed or Ambushed. Once in combat, Anansi's Inviz is useless, before combat he's golden (and he only needs one hit).
Granted, Blind-fighting doesn't prevent ambush, or surprise, but I don't see how you ambush someone who can respond to you and who knows you're there.

If he closes his eyes, then he can't see you. In that situation he gets to make an awareness roll against your Stealth + Invis. So yes, you get a stealth roll... it's just you get to make it with the modified rules Blind-fighting gives (which are brutal) and not the generic ones.

Anansi most certainly has Mega-Dex. And again, if T can use his Stealth pool whenever Inviz won't work, then so can I. T's Per and Awereness are both 4, not 5, though his M.Per is 2. He's going to get 5 successes on Awareness rolls on average.
Correct on T's stats, my bad. I also made a mistake on his damage, it's 19[10] with Rapidstrike. And not that it's likely to matter, but for preventing an ambush he'd also get his Mental-Prodigy-Tactical extra dice, but that's only +4 dice or +1.6 succ.
Hearing will last him a good long time. You yourself have stated how rare it is for combat to last more than a few turns, and Anansi, obviously, is stacked to the gills with QP (if he has Disin, he's at least at 30QP, and he's hardly going to sweat a few qp over the entire course of a battle).
That's good after combat has started. If T decides to take a hour or six and let all of you settle in before he comes in (and he will) then at 18 to 30 seconds per point of quantum I don't see how you start combat with it up. If your first sign that combat has started is a spear coming out of your chest then Hearing won't doesn't help. If your first sign of combat is a spear coming out of Envy's chest then you could turn on Hearing and maybe be able to deal with T.
However, that's a good point about no one else necessarily having an Inviz-disabling sense. Still, since T's Inviz is negated as far as Anansi is concerned (can be taken out of any equations for the purposes of this discussion), once he attacks one of you guys (which sucks for whichever one it is, no doubt) T should be facing a very steep diff penalty to maintain Stealth with Anansi (who's got a better Awareness dice pool than T does, and can Shapeshift himself a crapload of extra senses should he feel the need to) standing right next to T's target.
T's situation is worse than this. If a spear comes out of Envy's chest, then he isn't being Stealthy any more, and Stealth is impossible as long as people are there who can sense him. He's still Invisible, but you can turn on Hearing and sidestep that.

A better question is whether or not T is going to know you're there. Invis isn't going to work against Blindfighting, but you could try to shapeshift into something. Presumably Stealth works in conjunction with this so he can't smell you're not what you should be.

An Evil ST might have him roll Awareness vs. your Stealth+Shapeshift to see if he can spot you. Of course an Evil ST might also have T do a node ping (another sense that ignores Stealth and Invis).

...and then we're on to the chase and/or Ambush, and in both cases Anansi's got it in the bag. Actually, I was being cautious cuz I didn't have his sheet in front of me. Anansi will average 10 levels of Agg damage (no, he isn't nearly as dextrous as T is).
Ambush isn't a consideration. Envy is dead, combat has started, everyone knows it, and you can't ambush someone who is in combat (page 243).

T has three or four actions left.

If you get an action, and if you beat his dodge and hit him with a Disin, then he dies.

The good news is victory is at least possible. The bad news is "possible" isn't the same as "likely".

Assuming the PCs are on the defensive, relatively? One option to counter his invisibility might be to throw up a major dust/mist/particulates cloud around the area, so that he can't move through it without being at least comparatively noticable. OTOH, this would probably require either tech, lucky circumstances, or someone with a cheap long duration power ( Weather Manip maybe? ).

Granted, Blind-fighting doesn't prevent ambush, or surprise, but I don't see how you ambush someone who can respond to you and who knows you're there.

If he closes his eyes, then he can't see you. In that situation he gets to make an awareness roll against your Stealth + Invis. So yes, you get a stealth roll... it's just you get to make it with the modified rules Blind-fighting gives (which are brutal) and not the generic ones.

The roll is against [invisibility+Stealth Dice Pool]. Anansi gets to add his Invisibility dice to his already large Stealth pool, and since T only gets 5 Awareness successes on average, he isn't going to see Anansi. However, this works against opponents, not people in general. I'd be leery of allowing Blindfighting to sense anyone nearby, whether or not that person has already attacked, or is intending to attack, the person using the enhancement. To me this is too much. A Node ping is a possibility, but T's Node isn't much, and he'd fail on his roll almost as often as he succeeded.

You make a good point about T already being in combat once he's speared someone, so Ambush wouldn't work. Which means that while T would not know where Anansi is (or even that he's there, until after the big spider attacks him), T wouldn't be suffering any penalties on his dice pools and Anansi would be lucky if he managed to hit the elite. Of course, given that Anansi is and assassin by trade, once he did have T's trail he'd have no trouble with just following quietly along until T drops the Inviz a few hours later and stops to clean his spears or whatever. Then he could be Ambushed...

Edit: I don't know why I keep forgetting to mention this, but Anansi also has Silence as well. Not that this helps against T's Bloodhound necassarily, but I thought I'd mention it.

RE: Node Ping

The thing about Node Ping is it's just an action. Out of combat there's nothing to prevent him from doing 10 or 20 of them over the course of a minute.

RE: Stealth Dice Pool

A normal Stealth roll is Stealth + Dex.

A normal Invis roll is Invis + Wits.

In unusual situations we might see Stealth matched with something else, say Stealth + Int to try to figure out how to make T's life harder.

This is not a normal Stealth roll, nor does it say it is. Ditto Invis. It says our die pool is Invis + Stealth. IMHO that doesn't mean Invis+Wits+Mega-Wits+Stealth+Dex+Mega+Dex+Catfooted. Blindfightings entire point is to negate Invisibilty, it'd be odd to have it not be able to do that.

...However, this works against opponents, not people in general. I'd be leery of allowing Blindfighting to sense anyone nearby, whether or not that person has already attacked, or is intending to attack, the person using the enhancement. To me this is too much.
He is there to kill you. You are there to kill him. You are relying on Invis to help you, he is relying on Invis to help him. He knows you're there (via either Bloodhound or Node Ping).

It seems it's a bit of a leap to say BlindFighting isn't going to work because you're just a guy and not in combat. In a different situation, i.e. him walking in there without Invis and without Stealth, but using Blindfighting, would you be saying you get the chance to ambush him because he can't see you?

You make a good point about T already being in combat once he's speared someone, so Ambush wouldn't work. Which means that while T would not know where Anansi is (or even that he's there, until after the big spider attacks him), T wouldn't be suffering any penalties on his dice pools and Anansi would be lucky if he managed to hit the elite. Of course, given that Anansi is and assassin by trade, once he did have T's trail he'd have no trouble with just following quietly along until T drops the Inviz a few hours later and stops to clean his spears or whatever. Then he could be Ambushed...
This has possibilities... if you wait till the next scene he wouldn't have blindfighting up (maybe). On the other hand if you're trying to follow his trail you're running the risk that at some point his stealth is going to kick in... and there's the added complication that you might be walking into a trap.

RE: Node Ping

The thing about Node Ping is it's just an action. Out of combat there's nothing to prevent him from doing 10 or 20 of them over the course of a minute.

Good point.

RE: Stealth Dice Pool

A normal Stealth roll is Stealth + Dex.

A normal Invis roll is Invis + Wits.

In unusual situations we might see Stealth matched with something else, say Stealth + Int to try to figure out how to make T's life harder.

This is not a normal Stealth roll, nor does it say it is. Ditto Invis. It says our die pool is Invis + Stealth. IMHO that doesn't mean Invis+Wits+Mega-Wits+Stealth+Dex+Mega+Dex+Catfooted. Blindfightings entire point is to negate Invisibilty, it'd be odd to have it not be able to do that.

The text specifically says that the roll is resisted with "Invisibility+Stealth dice pool. Now, if the opponent is Invisible, but actively fighting with our Blindfighter, then (should they be allowed a roll at all) I could see where they might be allowed nothing more than their Inviz+Stealth abilitiy as a roll. But the text is referring to someone who is trying to avoid being detected by our Blindfighter and in this case, since Inviz has next to no effect anyway, all it does is add a couple of regular dice (at most 5) to the character's Stealth pool (Dex/M.dex+Stealth).

Saying that Blindfighting allows T to sense any even vaguely malevolent individual in his general (and how exactly are we defining that, BTW) vicinity is rules-monkeying, and if that's allowed then I can think of about 10 different ways to kick T's ass off the top of my head. Blindfighting is just that: blind Fighting, not The All-Seeing Eye. It works during actual combat with another individual/individuals, not whenever T really, really wants it to.

He is there to kill you. You are there to kill him. You are relying on Invis to help you, he is relying on Invis to help him. He knows you're there (via either Bloodhound or Node Ping).
Possibly he does. With SS, Anansi doesn't have to smell like anything T would recognize as a threat, and Node is only just that, a possibility. Still, you have a point. But let's try not to make T into more than he is. If he's so frickin' amazing, then why isn't he one of the major "aberrant threats" in the Trinity Era? He's just really good at dirty fighting, and sooner or later, somebody tags him.
It seems it's a bit of a leap to say BlindFighting isn't going to work because you're just a guy and not in combat. In a different situation, i.e. him walking in there without Invis and without Stealth, but using Blindfighting, would you be saying you get the chance to ambush him because he can't see you?
Well, that's how I'd expect it to be run as a player, and that's how I'd run it as an ST, so yeah. I've never once thought of Blindfighting as an advance warning system or some kind of limited version of Intuition or That Creepy Feeling. Just because I don't need to have my eyes open to fight doesn't suddenly make me immune to being Ambushed. Put it this way: is it possible (albeit difficult) to Ambush someone in broad daylight when they have full use of their eyes? Yes, it is. So is it possible to Ambush someone in broad daylight who doesn't need their eyes? Yeah, actually, it is.
This has possibilities... if you wait till the next scene he wouldn't have blindfighting up (maybe). On the other hand if you're trying to follow his trail you're running the risk that at some point his stealth is going to kick in... and there's the added complication that you might be walking into a trap.
Yeah, very true. And let me be clear. Anansi is by no means T's equal. He's just built for Stealth and the one-shot kill (this is not to say that Anansi can't hold his own in a fight, just that he's not built specifically for it), while T is built to be a guerrilla warrior. If Anansi can tag him once, then T is down for good, but trying to set that up is very difficult at the best of times.

Re: Totentanz as major aberrant threat- it could mean he got killed, or it could mean at some point he left with no intention of returning. After all, lots of novas did that eventually, and while he's nuts, he's not especially tainted.

OTOH, I find that unlikely, unless either DeVries turned into some organization that left Earth, or he transferred loyalty to someone who left Earth. More likely, he threw himself head first into the general blood bath of the Aberrant War. . .

And while I'm on the subject of why T is not half as invincible or undefeatable as he's being made out to be, allow me to introduce you to Draco. I used the character sheet from my PC in Prof Pott's defunct XWF game, and I spent another 55 NPs on him (for a total of 85) to beef him up a bit, but made sure to keep within his "theme". This means that Draco is operating at less than half of T's 179NPs. Is Draco's defeat of T guaranteed? Certainly not. But there literally is no way for T to beat him in a straight fight (this precludes T doing something like just dropping a big bomb on his head or something), and Draco stands a real good chance of taking T down within the first round (well, probably the second, since T will almost certainly succeed at Ambushing Draco, and will thus get in one free attack). See if you can figure out why.

Draco's Pertinent Info:

Nova Name: Draco

Weight: 6400 kg. (14,109 lbs.)

Height: 2.8 meters at the shoulder (equal to 9’2”), standing height is 7.3 meters (equal to 23’11”)

Neck Length (including head): 2.25 meters (equal to 7’5”) Body Length: 2.25 meters (equal to 7’5”), Tail Length: 6 meters (equal to 19’8”), Total Length: 10.5 meters (or about 34’5”), Wing Span: 10 meters (equal to 32’9”)

Ethnic Background: Caucasian

Nationality (place of origin): American

Eye Color: Bright gold with vertical irises

Hair Color: N/A

Handedness: any

General Appearance: looks like an enormous dragon

Str: 5 (athletic)

Might: 2

Dex: 5 (agile)

Athletics: 5

Martial Arts: 5

Stealth: 5

Sta: 5 (resilient)

Endurance: 5

Resistance: 5

Per: 5 (keen nose)

Awareness: 5

Int: 5 (Excellent Memory)

Intrusion: 2

Survival: 5

Wit: 5 (clever)

Tactics: 2

Weave: 5

App: 5 (imposing)

Intimidate: 5

Man: 2

Cha: 2

Backgrounds:

Backing: 1, Eufiber: 5, Node: 2

Quantum: 4, Quantum Pool: 28, Taint: 8, Willpower: 7, Health: 12, Soak: 30/25, Initiative: 16, Movement: run: 26 m, sprint: 62 m, flight: 26 m

Aberrations: scales, aberrant eyes, twisted limbs (he has triple-jointed legs, and walks on all fours), sexless, permanent power (size morph)

Mega-Attributes:

Mega-Strength: 1 (effectively 5) – crush, leap

Mega-Dexterity: 5 – omnidexterity, enhanced movement

Mega-Stamina: 3 (effectively 5) – regeneration

Mega-Perception: 1 – enhanced hearing, bloodhound, blind fighting

Mega-Wits: 1 – multitasking

Powers:

Armor (super heavy): 5

Body Modification: Tendril (tail), extra limbs (x2)

Force Field (magnificent scales): 1 – impervious

Intuition: 2

Size Morph (grow): 2

You thinking "survive the first attack, counter and try and grab, proceed to tear apart?"

Yeah, that could work, given how strong and fast ( and more importantly, qp-independent ) Draco is. OTOH, given how little Mega Per Draco has, "Sneak into attack range, attack a few times with Analyze Weakness in effect, Q-Leap away before Draco's turn comes up" is an entirely viable tactic. . . especially combined with an openning Q-Leech to keep Draco from just being able to regen his qp constantly.

If your first sign of combat is a spear coming out of Envy's chest then you could turn on Hearing and maybe be able to deal with T.

It's not Envy's chest, it's the Colony's. ::laugh Which wouldn't be sticking out since before hand the Colony had beefed up with SS to have armor and density Increase+ Eufiber. Colony has Disintegrate to IIRC.

Oh and btw, Node Ping is NOT a targeting sense...

You thinking "survive the first attack, counter and try and grab, proceed to tear apart?"

Yeah, that could work, given how strong and fast ( and more importantly, qp-independent ) Draco is. OTOH, given how little Mega Per Draco has, "Sneak into attack range, attack a few times with Analyze Weakness in effect, Q-Leap away before Draco's turn comes up" is an entirely viable tactic. . . especially combined with an openning Q-Leech to keep Draco from just being able to regen his qp constantly.

Actually no, Ambush only grants one free attack, not a free turn. T could still attempt to turn and run, but (again, as per the pursuit rules) Draco catches up with him immediately because of his enhanced move, but given that his extra actions are taking place at lower initiatives (-2 per action), Draco's going to get his hits in first.

The important thing(s) on Draco's sheet are: Armor+Superheavy (T suffers a +5 diff to even hit him, effectively removing his M.Dex from play for the purposes of his attacks), Omnidex (he perform the same action with his arms - such as, say, a Strike attack - at no penalty), his extra limbs (reducing his Mult.action penalties by -2, and allowing him to launch 4 striking attacks at T per action at no penalty, via Omnidex), and his Multitasking. In actual combat, where Draco can respond to T's attacks, if he goes full Defensive it's literally impossible (statistically speaking) for T to make contact with him at all. Meanwhile, if he's attacking instead, he can launch 4 strikes against T without extra penalty; his combo of Multi+Extra Limbs means that he can take a truly phenominal number of actions per turn, and all at the same initiative rating. So even if he can't manage to hit T on the first several attacks, T is going to run out of action far quicker than Draco does, so sooner or later he's paste.

And aside from all of this, T can't do much more than Ping Draco, and it'll take 5 ping dice (5 successful hits) on average to generate 2 levels of bashing damage. Draco has 12 health levels, 5 of them bruised, and M.Sta at 5 (cuz of SM) so he's not even going to feel anything until T has nailed him 20 times or more. With nothing more than Ping to work with T will have to hit Draco 35 times (statistically at least) to get him down to Incapacitated with Bruising damage.

T's only option is to run like hell.

Okay, looking at that writeup again, I'm still seeing problems.

1. Totentanz is still going to get multiple actions against Draco, because he has a huge initiative advantage. At least one of his Quickness actions comes off before Draco will get to do anything.

2. Enhanced Movement won't matter here, because its not speed thats letting Totentanz break contact; its stealth. Draco doesn't have close to enough senses to track an invisible, hyper stealthy nova who just jumped a mile.

3. Super Heavy requires quantum to activate; every time Totentanz attacks, thats further expenditure. If Draco is activating that, then Totentanz' hit-and-run Q-Leeching will do the job even faster.

Again, I don't see this encounter ending any way but with Draco running on empty, and Totentanz still having plenty of qp for continued hit-and-run.

The text specifically says that the roll is resisted with "Invisibility+Stealth dice pool. Now, if the opponent is Invisible, but actively fighting with our Blindfighter, then (should they be allowed a roll at all) I could see where they might be allowed nothing more than their Inviz+Stealth abilitiy as a roll. But the text is referring to someone who is trying to avoid being detected by our Blindfighter and in this case, since Inviz has next to no effect anyway, all it does is add a couple of regular dice (at most 5) to the character's Stealth pool (Dex/M.dex+Stealth).
Hmm... looking over the definition of "die pool" and how the book uses it...page 136 first paragraph and page 107 (box)... as far as I can tell, die pools are always two things added together, i.e. one thing plus one other. The confusing thing is that they constantly state that they are always an ability plus and attribute, when in reality they can also be a power plus an attribute. IMHO when they say "Invis + Stealth" die pool they're cross linking Stealth and Invis, and not saying that you should make a Invis + Stealth roll (which would be an unheard of 3 stats.... but I'll admit there's room for interpretation here).

Something that bothers me about this interpritation is someone like T simply can't be detected with Blindfighting.

Saying that Blindfighting allows T to sense any even vaguely malevolent individual in his general (and how exactly are we defining that, BTW) vicinity is rules-monkeying, and if that's allowed then I can think of about 10 different ways to kick T's ass off the top of my head. Blindfighting is just that: blind Fighting, not The All-Seeing Eye. It works during actual combat with another individual/individuals, not whenever T really, really wants it to.
That works up to the point where he knows someone is around and is trying to engage them in combat.
Possibly he does. With SS, Anansi doesn't have to smell like anything T would recognize as a threat, and Node is only just that, a possibility. Still, you have a point. But let's try not to make T into more than he is. If he's so frickin' amazing, then why isn't he one of the major "aberrant threats" in the Trinity Era? He's just really good at dirty fighting, and sooner or later, somebody tags him.
Another possibility is that he *is* a Prime threat and just not listed. But given his personality I find that unlikely, and fully agree, at some point someone gets him. Probably someone with Disin.
Well, that's how I'd expect it to be run as a player, and that's how I'd run it as an ST, so yeah. I've never once thought of Blindfighting as an advance warning system or some kind of limited version of Intuition or That Creepy Feeling. Just because I don't need to have my eyes open to fight doesn't suddenly make me immune to being Ambushed. Put it this way: is it possible (albeit difficult) to Ambush someone in broad daylight when they have full use of their eyes? Yes, it is. So is it possible to Ambush someone in broad daylight who doesn't need their eyes? Yeah, actually, it is.
Agreed... but I'd feel a lot better if it involved ranged attacks and not invisible attacks.

RE: Draco

He runs away or he dies, or both.

Scene 1, Round 0.

When T is 180 meters out (his max Leech range) Draco's Intuition goes off, he raises Armor, Forcefield, Growth, Blindfighting, & Enhanced movement for the scene (total cost = 11), T doesn't bother to attack and moves off. T's stealth is enough to stay hidden.

End of Scene.

Scene 2, Round 0.

When T is 180 meters out (his max Leech range) Draco's Intuition goes off, he raises his senses but nothing else.

Scene 2, Round 1.

T leeches him for 9, then moves another 150 meters away (3 actions) for a total 330 meters. Draco pursues and raises the rest of his powers. T is several rounds away, he goes to Stealth again. Draco's pool is empty.

Scene 3, Round 1.

T leeches his Eufiber, Draco burns 2 life levels for 4 quantum and turns on Armor and Hearing.

Scene 3, Round 2.

T moves off.

Scene 4, T uses Find Weakness to drop Draco's Soak by 5 (using Willpower) to 15. T's attack is 14[10]. This will only take a few rounds.

And yes, there's lots of other ways to play this out, some of them making it take longer, and yes, it's very possible that there could be an upset with Draco winning.

A couple of minor mistakes ALex.

1.) Dracos growth is permanent as a result of aberration. cottus didnt mention this so not your fault. 2nd, the armor is permanent and AFAIK the superheavy is a maintenance effect meaning it would last awawhile even when Draco's q pool is dry.

All one really needs to do is give Draco: Invul: Q leech or similar.

Maint effects end after a number of rounds (or at the very most the scene). That's why this would play out over many scenes.

Growth being Perm helps a fair amount... but probably not enough.

INV: Q-Leech would help a huge amount (although the Prof had an argument for it not working which I don't agree with). I think enough to make it interesting and drawn out, and potentially even make it a draw.

On the other hand, that's if we just drop both of them in the field. If the Tactical Genius doesn't see several paths to victory I'd expect him to pull out some cheats, and given he works for DeVries, it's something to expect. EuFreeze, Mox, etc.

Okay, looking at that writeup again, I'm still seeing problems.

1. Totentanz is still going to get multiple actions against Draco, because he has a huge initiative advantage. At least one of his Quickness actions comes off before Draco will get to do anything.

Huge is a bit much. But seeing as how he does have one level of Enh. Initiative, I guess he would have an Init. advantage. Sorry, didn't notice that before.
2. Enhanced Movement won't matter here, because its not speed thats letting Totentanz break contact; its stealth. Draco doesn't have close to enough senses to track an invisible, hyper stealthy nova who just jumped a mile.
Once T attacks, Draco's Blindfighting most definitely comes into play, and T is no longer a ghost. Draco has H-enhanced Hearing (Sonar), Blindfighting, and Intuition. He'll know he's in trouble before T gets there, he'll have his Blindfighting up at the least, and probably his Sonar up, which will last him for the next 6 turns (plenty of time when it comes to combat). Yes, T will almost certainly get in one - and only one - free attack (not a full turn), and then he's "in combat" with Draco. Once this happens T can't expect to get away far enough to lose Draco. Draco's faster, he's also got H.Leap, and he's effectively immune to T's Invisibility. Sure, if T can get away then yeah, he can probably Stealth his way to escape, but that's only if he can get away within one turn (which he can't cuz Draco wins Pursuit without rolling).
3. Super Heavy requires quantum to activate; every time Totentanz attacks, thats further expenditure. If Draco is activating that, then Totentanz' hit-and-run Q-Leeching will do the job even faster.
Super Heavy costs 3 qp per scene. Draco would already have it on before T ever attacked in the first place, and it'll last until a switch in scenes. T's Q-Leech is something Draco can more or less ignore, cuz T has to use up valuable actions to hit him with it, and Draco stands a good chance of dodgeing those attacks anyway (yes, T will certainly hit him at least once should he choose to use this method, but it won't really matter: Draco's already got his Super Heavy up, his Blindfighting up, and his Enhanced Move up. At most he'll need 5-10 more qp for incidental stuff like Multitasking and H.Leap)
Again, I don't see this encounter ending any way but with Draco running on empty, and Totentanz still having plenty of qp for continued hit-and-run.
Even if Draco does end up on empty, he can still perform more actions than T can per turn, and he'll still have his SuperHeavy, Blindfighting, and Enhanced Movement up. But it wouldn't happen that way cuz: 1)T ambushes (1 free attack, he still has at least 3 more attacks to make, and as you pointed out, 2 of them happen at a higher Init than Draco's), 2) Draco's Blindfighting now kicks into full effect and he activates Multitasking (or maybe he doesn't, but let's say he does), and declares that he'll take 16 actions - all attacks and all Strikes (so he can use all four of his arms, taking no penalty for groups of 4 Strikes) - and thus all of this only counts as 4 actions. Draco will have also Weaved himself claws, so this will all be Lethal damage (and this has no qp cost at all, and no duration, and Draco will generally net about 5 successes on his rolls, so he adding 5 dice in damage to his hits).

Normally, this would be a -4, -5, -6, -7. With Multi it would then (normally) drop down to -2, -2, -3, -3. But not with Draco. His two extra limbs reduce this by 2, so his penalty is 0, 0, -1, -1. His first 8 attacks are staged at -1 to his Dex pools (cuz of the Superheavy extra), and his final 8 attacks are staged at -2 to his Dex pools. T can pull of at most 5 actions with his first, normal action, plus another 3 Quickness actions. So he's fine for the first 7 attacks, assuming he declared that all of his subsequent actions were defenses, but he's literally defenseless against the other 8. He can't declare that he'll go full Defensive, because according to pg. 244 that takes a full turn, and he's already used up part of the turn Ambushing Draco.

T's Forcefield will give him an average of 16.6 extra soak added to his base of 12/8 (including Eufiber), and T also has the Durability extra, giving him a final total of 28.6(round up to 29)/24.6(25). In all likelihood, a little more than 8 of Draco's attacks will hit. The ones that T still has actions to dodge with will not hit with a lot of extra successes (assuming that any hit a dodging T at all), but the rest will hit when T can't dodge at all. Draco's dodged hits will be doing about 10[25] Lethal or 29 Lethal leves of damage, while his undodged hits (lets assume these are all in the last 2 actions of 8 hits, and thus at -3 to his attack pools) will do about 15[25] or 31 Lethal levels of damage.

T can use Durability to soak this with his bashing soak total, but this costs him a qp each time, and we need to remember that he's already spent at least 3qp activating his Quickness actions this turn. With his Node 2 he has at most 7 more qp that he can use for this purpose. So just for grins and giggles, lets assume that Draco's attacks are only doing the 29 Lethal levels on average, not 31. At this rate, even if Draco only manages to hit T 6 times he's down to Crippled, but in all liklihood he'll hit 8 times or more, and then T's dead. Assuming T actually survives all this, he can't heal himself until the next round, he'll have to use an action to do so, he'll be able to heal no more than 3 levels of Lethal damage, and that's it for the rest of the scene (as per the write up for Healing). Unless he used up 3 very valuable actions q-leeching Draco (and managed to hit each time as well), then Draco still has some quantum in his pool (and 5 more in his Eufiber in any case). So even if T did manage to ping him for a couple levels of damage, and even if Draco actually feels this is a problem (which he wouldn't cuz T has maybe inflicted 2 or 3 bashing levels of damage on him, but probably no more than 1, against his 12 total HLs) he can heal this immediately, as a reflexive action and launch another 16 Strikes against T (or hell, why not 32 Strikes? It'll hardly increase his penalties, and T's already in trouble at this point so why not go for broke?).

So, like I said, T's screwed.

RE: Alex's post. Sorry dude, you're giving T wwaayy too much credit. He doesn't have QA, so why in the world is he going to mysteriously "not attack" when Draco has his powers up on full? And, more to the point, why is he going to wait until just precisely when Draco "happens" to be out of QP. And, even more to the point, why in the world would Draco stick around if he knows he's tired, running low on juice, and can't actually handle someone on T's level in his state?

You're giving T far too much credit, and everyone else far too little.

Oh, and unless I'm reading something wrong, Quickness does not double speed for each activation, so Draco can still pursue him successfully.

EDIT: Sky has been trying to convince me that Quick does give you the ability to take an action to run, thus doubling your speed (or quadrupling it in T's case). I don't agree that a Wits enhancement is going to allow you to suddenly run at 100mph, but whatever. Draco's Enh.Move means he's still much, much faster than T is, and again, according to the canon rules for Pursuit Draco always wins this contest.

RE: Alex's post. Sorry dude, you're giving T wwaayy too much credit. He doesn't have QA, so why in the world is he going to mysteriously "not attack" when Draco has his powers up on full?
I was assuming special effects on activating your powers, specifically Growth.

This is one of T's standard tactics (hit and run), one of the things he's built around is Quantum. He made you spend some of yours, maybe a lot of yours, why should he hang around?

Basically I'm assuming that since he is a tactical god and has Mega-Int 2 he's going to fight smart. And that means not using an ambush attack on someone who just raised his forcefield/armor. Further, Draco doesn't have any Cipher, that means he's pretty public as for what he can do, and T has that op-net link to check up on him (average investigation roll 3.8 succ... or 5.32 succ if it involves battle field tactics which this does).

And, more to the point, why is he going to wait until just precisely when Draco "happens" to be out of QP. And, even more to the point, why in the world would Draco stick around if he knows he's tired, running low on juice, and can't actually handle someone on T's level in his state?

You're giving T far too much credit, and everyone else far too little.

T is going to know when you run out of juice because his attack will work but he won't get much. As for Draco staying, I said he'd flee or die. Either way counts as a win I suspect, but another question is whether or not he could get far enough so T couldn't track him down.
Oh, and unless I'm reading something wrong, Quickness does not double speed for each activation, so Draco can still pursue him successfully.
It doesn't double speed, but it does allow a full physical action, and "Movement indicates the distance your character may travel in one action" (page 116). This also goes well with T's writeup which states he can cover vast amounts of ground. T's movement rate for Sprinting is 50 meters.

I was assuming special effects on activating your powers, specifically Growth.....

First, his growth is permanent and never changes. Second, he wouldn't bother with FF cuz it's just not necassary (it was part of his beginning PC sheet, so that he could survive Black Circle level hits, so I didn't remove it when I beefed up his Armor rating to 5, but he doesn't really need it any more). His superheavy probably would have a physical effect though, so I'll give you that.

However, once T hits him with a Q-Leech, Draco's officially in combat with him, and Draco is way the hell faster, and will catch up with T within 1 round of combat no matter how far T runs. Since all of Draco's key abilities are per scene, his q-pool is of negligable importance. Even without Multi he can still take more actions per turn that T can defend against, and he can take them at no extra cost while T is burning up 3 qp per turn trying to dodge everything. If T actually tries to engage Draco, he'll get pinged to death far quicker than Draco will.

However, once T hits him with a Q-Leech, Draco's officially in combat with him, and Draco is way the hell faster, and will catch up with T within 1 round of combat no matter how far T runs.
How? From the look of it, his movement rate is 54, tripled that's 162 meters. T is 330 meters away, and that's if you know exactly what direction.
Since all of Draco's key abilities are per scene, his q-pool is of negligable importance.
Provided you can activate your powers and engage him. He's got two full rounds to sneak off before you can get to him.
Even without Multi he can still take more actions per turn that T can defend against, and he can take them at no extra cost while T is burning up 3 qp per turn trying to dodge everything. If T actually tries to engage Draco, he'll get pinged to death far quicker than Draco will.
Pinged? The math says you'll be taking 9 dice per attack.

How? From the look of it, his movement rate is 54, tripled that's 162 meters. T is 330 meters away, and that's if you know exactly what direction.

It's not tripled, it's sextupled, via Enhanced Movement (increases your speed by a multiplyer of 1+M.Dex dots, or 6 in Draco's case). His Movement is 324 meters per round.
Provided you can activate your powers and engage him. He's got two full rounds to sneak off before you can get to him.
Wrong. See above.
Pinged? The math says you'll be taking 9 dice per attack.
Which is 4 bashing. Meanwhile Draco can launch for "official" attacks, but Strike 4 times per attack, for a total of 16 attacks per round. Sure, he'll have to soak up whatever T hits him with (no big deal at 12 HLs), but even with his serious reductions on all attacks for the last 8 or so actions he'll be acting against a helpless opponent and he's more or less guaranteed to hit, so T's still Dead or Incapacitated by the end of the round (cuz T can't reduce Draco's damage to just Ping, it'll almost always be an actual level of Lethal damage).

It's not tripled, it's sextupled, via Enhanced Movement (increases your speed by a multiplyer of 1+M.Dex dots, or 6 in Draco's case). His Movement is 324 meters per round.
Ah, my bad, that does change some things.

He starts at 180 meters away, he then drops 4 actions to move another 200 meters. Problem is, I'm not sure if that's far enough. If your E-Hearing can target him at that range (i.e. 60 meters), then it's probably not far enough. But if Draco can't target him at that range then he'll lose him totally the next round.

I'm also unsure how you target him at all from 380 meters. In theory he could (and should) attack from the rear... (and yes, I know I'm staring to quibble). ::blink

Which is 4 bashing.
Lethal. Although if you aren't going to dodge it's 14 dice.
Meanwhile Draco can launch for "official" attacks, but Strike 4 times per attack, for a total of 16 attacks per round. Sure, he'll have to soak up whatever T hits him with (no big deal at 12 HLs), but even with his serious reductions on all attacks for the last 8 or so actions he'll be acting against a helpless opponent and he's more or less guaranteed to hit, so T's still Dead or Incapacitated by the end of the round (cuz T can't reduce Draco's damage to just Ping, it'll almost always be an actual level of Lethal damage).
I'm not sure what T's soak is and it's too late too look it up. I'll take this up tomorrow.

But I do have to admit you have a stronger case than I first thought. I'll have to do some digging in the core book, congrats.

Ah, my bad, that does change some things.

He starts at 180 meters away, he then drops 4 actions to move another 200 meters. Problem is, I'm not sure if that's far enough. If your E-Hearing can target him at that range (i.e. 60 meters), then it's probably not far enough. But if Draco can't target him at that range then he'll lose him totally the next round.

I'm also unsure how you target him at all from 380 meters. In theory he could (and should) attack from the rear... (and yes, I know I'm staring to quibble). ::blink

Well first off, ranged Q-Leech has a range of [Q+PRx5 meters] or 45 meters in T's case. So I'm not real sure where this 180 meters thing came from. But once he hits then it's his Blindfighting enhancement that allows him to respond to T directly, not his Sonar sense (though I guess that'd help). Once Draco begins chasing T then the rules for Pursuit come into play, and those state that Draco wins pure and simple.
Lethal. Although if you aren't going to dodge it's 14 dice.
Heh, oh yeah. ::blush Too much time spent as an A! ST; I forgot Aberrant doesn't have the rule about ping damage being bashing. Whoops.

But where's this 14 dice coming from? Draco's soak, with Superheavy up, is 29, with +5 diff to hit, so I'm real unclear on where these dice are coming from... Although your math is usually pretty damn good, so I'll treat it as correct for the time being. This means that he's going to probably suffer 6-7 lethal levels, which will put him down to Hurt or Injured. With his effective Mega-Stamina of 5 he's a long way from feeling this, so he suffers no penalties at all. And by the next round it's really not going to matter much.

I'm not sure what T's soak is and it's too late too look it up. I'll take this up tomorrow.
5 Sta, 2 M.Sta, 5 eufiber= 12/8 base soak. 10 regular dice and 2 mega-dice in his FF pool equals 5.8 successes, or 11.6 soak, plus the 5 from Q. So round up to +17 soak and he has 29/25. He can use Durability to soak damage with his bashing soak, but this costs 1qp per use, and if he's using Quickx3 then he's got at most 7 qp to spend on this (for this turn anyway). He's going to take at least 6 dice of damage from every single hit that Draco lands on him (Draco's attacks will do something around 10[25] Lethal with even a single attack success: he'll get 5 sux on most Weave rolls, thus adding +5 damage from his Weave-grown claws, so Str5+ 5 for claws+[25]M.Str damage=10[25]), and since Draco can outlast T in actions per round, T is very dead (this is especially true when you realize that 16 actions per round without Multi is far from being the max that Draco can pull off - 24 total attacks using his arms is the final total without Multi, and 44 Strikes is the total with Multi, in case anyone's curious). In fact, now that I'm looking at it, it really shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 hits to kill T (at least 6 dice per hit, times 3 is 18 dice, times .4 is 7.2 for three hits, up the damage to 9.6 for four hits). And T can't Heal himself without using an action, and he'll also need to have the qp for it, which means he probably isn't using Durability to soak with his Bashing score, so he's taking 10 dice per hit instead of 6, and he's taken 8 levels of damage in 2 hits in that case. Ouch...
But I do have to admit you have a stronger case than I first thought. I'll have to do some digging in the core book, congrats.
Thanks! ::happy

Well first off, ranged Q-Leech has a range of [Q+PRx5 meters] or 45 meters in T's case. So I'm not real sure where this 180 meters thing came from.
Standard range for powers is Q+D x 10 meters, long range is double that. Looking things up you're right, it's x5 and not x10, so it's 90 meters at long range.
But once he hits then it's his Blindfighting enhancement that allows him to respond to T directly, not his Sonar sense (though I guess that'd help).
Iffy. Blindfighting helps you if you're blind, and therefore can't see him. Good so far but the reason you can't see him is because he's not there. Further, by your rules I'm pretty sure Draco has no chance to effectively use Blindfighting against T since his stealth is so high.
Once Draco begins chasing T then the rules for Pursuit come into play, and those state that Draco wins pure and simple.
I think that's out of combat, in combat where we have actual distances we should use them. For example T could powermax for extra range and zap you from miles away, giving him *many* rounds to hide. Nor am I convinced pursuit rules matter much here because he's not running away so much as trying to hide.
But where's this 14 dice coming from? Draco's soak, with Superheavy up, is 29, with +5 diff to hit, so I'm real unclear on where these dice are coming from... Although your math is usually pretty damn good, so I'll treat it as correct for the time being.
Thank you. I've been assuming that Superheavy doesn't come into play, i.e. that he gets leeched down to the point where he can't pay for it. With the range considerations I may have to rethink that.

The Math:

T's attack is: 4 (spear) + 5 (Strength) + [10] (M-Str) + 5 (Rapid Strike... although re-reading this it's only for punches) + 5 Acc

Or 19[10] (admittedly with an error)

Your soak drops by 5 because you lose the Eufiber, and then by another 5 from Find Weakness.

This means that he's going to probably suffer 6-7 lethal levels, which will put him down to Hurt or Injured. With his effective Mega-Stamina of 5 he's a long way from feeling this, so he suffers no penalties at all. And by the next round it's really not going to matter much.
If you can kill him in one round. If there's a second round T goes first.

RE: T's soak being 29/25

Agreed... although in theory a willpower point might increase that to 31/27

RE: D's attack being 10[25]

Agreed.

RE: ...since Draco can outlast T in actions per round, T is very dead

...Maybe.

OK, because it's messy and not normally meaningful, usually we ignore knockback. But in this case you're hitting T with a M-Str 5, Growth 2, Dragon. I'm pretty sure T's going to go flying on the first hit.

RE: Draco's actions

I think you're misusing Omnidex and Multitasking. Both of those reduce the penality for multiple actions, in the case of Omnidex it reduces them to zero ("without penality" is how they phrase it). But they're still actions. I don't see any reason they should count as non-actions and stack any more than Multitasking should stack with Quick. If you can do it then he can do it.

I also strongly suspect Omnidex should be errated to not work with HTH combat, because it's an incredible leap to claim every punch/block/melee attack is the same as every other punch/block/melee attack... but that's a different problem.

EDIT: Replaced 29[10] with 19[10]. That was a typo.

Archived