A joke for all you military folks out there...

archer

A Soldier, a Sailor, an Airman, and a Marine got into an argument about which service was "the best". The arguing became so heated the four servicemen failed to see an oncoming truck. They were run over by the truck and killed instantly.

Soon the four servicemen found themselves at the Pearly Gates of Heaven. There, they met Saint Peter and decided that only he could be the ultimate source of truth and honesty.

So, the four servicemen asked him, "Saint Peter, which branch of the United States Armed Forces is the best?"

Saint Peter replied, "I can't answer that. However, I will ask God what He thinks the next time I see Him. Meanwhile, thank you for your service on Earth and welcome to Heaven."

Some time later the four servicemen see Saint Peter and remind him of the question they had asked when first entering Heaven. The four servicemen asked Saint Peter if he was able to find the answer.

Suddenly, a sparkling white dove lands on Saint Peter's shoulder. In the dove's beak is a note glistening with gold dust.

Saint Peter says to the four Servicemen, "Your answer from the Boss. Let's see what He says."

Saint Peter opens the note, trumpets blare, gold dust drifts into the air, harps play crescendos, and Saint Peter begins to read the note aloud to the four Servicemen:

MEMORANDUM FROM THE DESK OF THE ALMIGHTY ONE

TO: Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines

SUBJ: WHICH MILITARY SERVICE IS BEST

Gentlemen, all branches of the United States Armed Forces are honorable and noble. Each serves America well and with distinction.

Being a serviceman in the United States Military represents a special calling warranting special respect, tribute and dedication. Be proud of that.

Sincerely,

GOD, USMC(Ret.)

Here's some pro-Navy ones:

A Marine Gunnery Sgt and a Navy Chief are standing side by side at urinals. The Chief finishes first, shakes off, zips up, and heads for the door. The Gunny says, over his shoulder, "In the Marines, they taught us to wash our hands after we piss." So the Chief says "Well, Gunny, in the Navy, they taught us not to piss on our fingers."

----------------------------------------

The Joint Chiefs of Staff were sitting around one day arguing about which branch had more courage.

The Army's General stood up and said "We do of course. Come with me, I'll prove it." They drive up to Aberdeen Proving grounds and out to a field exercise. The general points to a private and yells, "Private, lay down in front of that M1!" The private yells "Hooah!" and dives under the tanks treads. The General says "Gentlemen, that is courage."

The Air Force General says "That is impressive, but we can beat that. See that F15 doing close air support? He grabs a radio and tells the pilot, "Captain, Fly that plane into the target!" The F15 waggles it wings, peels off and flys right into the target. The General says "Gentlemen, That is courage."

The Marine General is chuckling, "That's nothing." They grab a helo to Quantico and go out to the grenade range. The general says "See that Lance Corporal out there with the grenade?" "Lance, fall on that grenade!" The corporal looks at him, pulls the pin, yells "OORAH", and falls on the grenade. "Gentlemen, that is courage."

They all turn and look at the Admiral. The Admiral doesn't say a word, just waves them to the car. They go up to Norfolk and down to the piers. He points up at the aircraft carrier, and says, "You see that seamen scraping the paint off the top of that mast?" They all nod and he yells up "Seaman, JUMP!" The sailor looks down at the Joint Chiefs, extends his arm and one middle finger.

The Admiral looks around the group and says "Now that Gentlemen, is courage."

lol

Knew a german versoin of that last one, too. It seems it doesn´t depend on a specific army. ::devil

Have another one, I hope my translation won´t kill the joke ::ultracool

Well, an American Airforce General, a Russian and a German one sitting together in a UNO canteen and having a beer together, talking about who has the biggest transport airplane.

Russian:" Well, we just finished evaluation flights of our new Antonow transport airplane. It has enough room in it´s cargo bay to hold 6 Main battle tanks and a fully equipped company of troops."

The Amreican snorts and grins: "Interesting. Two month ago, our newest transport airplane got into service. It´s so secret that it hasn´t a name yet, but it has enough room for 12 main tanks and a whole battailon....."

The German sits quietly, listening to the boasting of the other two. The Russian, angry, because he was topped by the American, poking the German:"And? What´s new with the German Airforce? Nothing?"

Got nerved by the boasting of the other two, the german General gather himself and starts talking. ::ultracool

" Well, if you are so inclined.... How could I stay back to tell you about our newest project. Yesterday, I was on the first flight of our newest transport. It was quite uneventfull, everything had run as smoothly as a clockwork. Then there was a redlight, indicating a small pressure loss in the cargo bay area. So the Pilot ordered his engineer to grab the Hayabusa and take a look. Half an hour later the enineer returns with a quite blasé face. Nothing important, he says, it´s just an US C-130 that went through one of the portholes and is now buzzing around in our cargo bay........" ::devil ::laugh

Archived