Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blue Thunder

Trinity: Bright Continent - Updates, Requests, and Questions

27 posts in this topic

(Request to a mod or admin: can you sticky this topic?)

We can use this thread to announce any major or minor updates we want everyone to know, or to request any information/website links/book sources we may need, or to reveal your current progress on something, or to openly discuss any other issues regarding the project that aren't a part of any other thread.

I must say that I won't have much spare time until about about July. I pretty much have three or four spare hours a day that aren't spent sleeping or at work. I'm doing what I can already, and I'm almost done compiling every relevant piece of info for Bright Continent (I only have Deception and Terra Verde left to check over). I've already started putting together something coherant from what I've gathered. I'll have it up in a few days, or whenever I feel that I have something substantial done. I don't want to present what I have until I'm done, or nearly done.

Anyways, feel free to voice any concerns or questions here.

Okay, I won't go into the exact details now, but I've spoken with Bates through e-mail. He explained pretty much everything he had planned for the new psionic organization and Bright Continent. I just don't want to paste it here until the subforum is declared private, because I think it should be kept to people working on the project. I'll see if I can get this place "privatized" and then I'll post it.

Sweet, go you for having the initiative to ask the Man himself what direction to take this in. I can't wait to see if our ideas were even in the same ball park.

May be if Ian can still get intouch with him, he could ask Bruce what ideas he had.

-slag

Well, Bates didn't have any specific ideas for Africa or the UAN, so that's all for us to make. Most of what he said was about the new psionic organization. There were a few things that I did get the same though, like involving the Ductrans with it. Let's just say his vision of it is more like the original Aeon Society from the 1920s than anything else.

As a reminder, the following people have access to this subforum:

Blue Thunder

IanWatson

madcat82

Slagheap

Jackson Creed

Alistaire

jsnead

And archer too, I guess? I think admins can go everywhere.

Hmm, is everyone out of ideas or is everyone waiting for me to post more stuff?

I'm a big Suikoden series fan, and Suikoden 5 was just released for the PS2 a few days ago. It's a damn good RPG (go buy it!), so don't expect much outta me for the next week or two. I'll still hop by when I can.

It looks like I'm 90% sure to be moving to Jacksonville, FL at the end of July. Once that happens I'll have more time to do stuff here. I know it looks like nothing has been happening here but in the few spare hours I have every night I've usually been doing stuff for Bright Continent (as in reading the books, making a timeline for the UAN history, etc.) or my own Implicate Order.

Anyways, I hope to return to active duty in this subforum in late July. Until then...

Random update:

The move-in date is set for July 28th. Hopefully I can do some serious updating when the time comes. I'll need to get a job and get situated of course.

I've been doing all kinds of work on African nations in the past week now that other things in my life have slowed down. Expect some updates when I get the opportunity.

Edit - I know things seem to have come to a standstill, but I'm actually doing work on BC now. Hopefully when I post some of my work (or if any of you have been doing anything you want to submit or post any ideas or questions you have) discussion will pick up again.

I'll be moving back out of Jacksonville sometime within the next few months, probably before or around Christmas. Until then I've been doing stuff here and there for BC between work. Big thanks to Biugi for the help with the UAN stuff. I'm making some good progress now.

I've been tempted to send Bates another e-mail. What do you guys think? If I do, I'll let you guys add some questions to the e-mail, but I'd then ask that it be kept secret for a while. If he even replies; he's a busy man...

Okay, I'm moving back to Ocala this week, gradually. When I get settled in again, I'll have more time here. Until then...

Sorry for the lack of activity right now; stuff happening off-line. I think I'll have more time soon though.

Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't been in touch for so long. Endless story. First my laptop breaks down, then I move to Australia. Anyway. I see that, with the exception of the second triggering ideas, I haven't missed out on much new stuff, which I'm glad. Still need those UAN text files, Blue Thunder?

Glad to see you're still alive Biugi :)

Post them at your own pace. I kinda got caught up with a few things recently, but I'm actually coming back to BC now. I don't think we ever finished with the UAn nations, did we? We may have. Once we have all the nations of UAN/Africa done, we'll just need to go over them to make sure everything fits together and add in and take away stuff to make them work better (if need be).

Necromancy!

And here I am, back and well. I'm not jumping back into this thing right at the moment, but this is on my agenda.

Hi!

I'm getting the impression this project has been abandoned.

I've started working on this on my own before finding this project, and I've got some preliminary work done, but I'm more than happy to share the load if anyone else is reading this thread.

Failing that, Intend to start throwing my own stuff up here and incorporating the stuff that seems to gel to me with the setting, and seeing this on it's way to becoming a non-canonical e-book that attempts to be consistent with all existing canon.

Cheers!

-Kael

Kael,

I don't think most of the people that were in here previously even know about things picking back up. Please start posting your stuff and I'll see if I can contact them to get things again.

Just like to say, I'm interested in this book, will drop in some thoughts and comments myself.

This seems to me to be a silly question:

once that pandora tanks are well know to the orders/Aeon, would Daedalus do reciprocal triggering? Obviously, this would be a moot point if Aeon had their own tank.

I haven't really worked out all of the political considerations there, but since I suspect Daedelus would receive strong support from Aeon, and Aeon generally tries to get that sort of horse trading done, it would likely be a yes.

This in turn suggests that the technology would likely spread to other orders (and Israel-Judah & Egypt).

The initial idea of the tanks was to upgrade existing Psions - no thought was really given to what they would do to a Latent being triggered for the first time. Its purpose was to lift what they could of the artificial restrictions put of Psions powers by the Doyen in the original tank designs. Given that premise there would be no need for 'reciprocal triggering' as the New Order may not be able to trigger anyone from scratch in the first place.

The original new tank was to incorporate some of the parts of the Chib tank and so would be unique. However with the help of the other Orders and the biotech gurus of the Norca and Orgotek they may be able to produce more tanks for all the Orders. That said I see no reason to give tanks of any type to the national governments trying to duplicate there effects.

What I was mostly referring to was more would the share the "unlocking" with other orders. Also, this would allow them to trigger a latent in someone else's tank, as they can't trigger latents.

Hi 32

Yes, since they are interested in helping humanity as there main goal and wish to cut or at least reduce all the power politics rubhish that some of the other Orders still buy into they woukd allow other Order Psions to be 2nd triggered in their tank. However as with the normal reciprocal triggering I would not expect all the other Orders join in fairly. Norca and Ministry are the ones that spring to mind.

Pai is likely to be pretty miffed at the sudden increase in Psions running around with biokinesis, perhaps more so since it one of his own clones that made it possible .