Marvel or DC Comics Characters

Needles

I'm sure that stats for the Pheonix Force itself aren't necessary...just what kind of quantum power equivalents it would bestow to a person.

Also, I was wondering...how would a sonic scream be handled? Like Banshee and Siren and so many others. I've seen two variations of the power. One pretty much mimicks a Quantom Bolt. But the other one (the more common one) is when Banshee screams and everyone around him has to protect thier ears or they pass out or go deaf for a while. It also shatters windows. I guess it could be a Strobe attack, but then how would you fix it to affect such a wide radius as "all within hearing distance"? Maybe I'm forgetting some kind of Extra...

Doom has all of the same issues Iron Man does (Armor/Gadget based character), but other than that he is pretty easy.

Dr. Doom:

Mega-Int 2+

Mega-Chr 1+

Manipulation 5 (I’m not inclined to give him Mega-Manip).

Appearance 0

Flaw: Sheer Hideousness

Flaw: Over confidence

Flaw: Megalomania

RE: Armor: See Above for Iron Man.

RE: Magic: Doom never really tosses off magic bolts or spells or the like. I’d just say he has the Int skill “Occult” and can build the occasional gadget based on “magic”.

RE: Robots. Doom has gadget’ed up the power “Clone” on so many occasions that I would give him this as a background. I.e. the Gadget Background.

After that he has Resources, Followers, & Influence at 5 dots as the ruler of a country.

RE: Wonder Woman

AFAICT she doesn't go human or lose her powers when she doesn't have her rope. You could call the lasso a gadget, or you could just call it "Lie Detector" (or perhaps a limited version of Domination) with the lasso being a special effect.

After that she's just a mega-attractive flying brick.

RE: Green Lantern

Big time Dumbo.

RE: Spiderman's gadget running out of juice.

Or you could just have spidy run out of juice.

RE: Magic

Use normal powers for the stuff Dr. Strange does all the time and Gadgets or Nodespark for the stuff he pulls off only rarely.

RE: Phoenix Force.

If you look at what she actually does (as opposed to threaten to do), Q6 with MASTERY deals with most of it. Other than that you can call it a plot device.

Example: She turns Peter from his Bodymorphed Iron self back to human. We could call that Molecular Manipulation, but it's a lot easier to call it Domination/Telepathy with Mastery.

Elemental Mastery: Fire + Mastery.

Domination + Mastery.

Telepathy + Mastery.

TK + Mastery.

Wonder Woman, et al: Note that I said "to an extent,", ie, DC has a lot of powered armor characters, characters that rely on a gadget for their powers, or even those that gain at least a power boost from a gadget (Woman Woman needs her bracelets to deflect bullets, and her lasso to Dominate others. Heck, you could even argue Batman has a dot or two of Matter Creation in his belt.

The point wasn't that they "become human" without their gadgets, just the gadget acted more as a focus (ie, using the power was dependent on having the focus, even though, in some cases, others could use) than as a proper gadget.

Dr. Doom: Even though he doesn't use it that often, he has been shown to be a powerful mage in his own right, and his entry in the Official Marvel Handbook does list it under known powers. Also, how would you do his ability to transfer conciousness?

Best I could do: Wikipedia

The background is an interesting way to the Doombots...

FR

RE: Doom's Magic

The Official Marvel Handbook tends to list one shots, but it does look like he's gotten all magic'ed up since I dropped comics. Before he had the potential but that was it. See Doctor Strange's Magic abilities above, I just don't know how strong Doom is off hand.

RE: Doom's Transfer Conciousness power.

This has come up in comics a (very) few times, and only when he's had a fair amount of time to prepare and/or the need is very great.

I'd give him the power "Domination" with the weakness that it can't be used with normal effect and another flaw that it can only be used once a month. If he *really* has to he can powermax (hopefully pumped up with some gadget) and slap the Parasite extra on it.

Technically this brings his body along for the ride, but with his armor standing frozen, who could tell the difference?

This deals with a number of issues, like why he doesn't dump his own body for Thor's (he can't because he doesn't really body switch), and why he doesn't use it very often. Alternatively we could just charge him a PERM willpower point every time he uses it.

I'm not sure Doom would see that as a bad thing.  ::devil

But Doom doesn't seem to have any advancing medical or power conditions that I'm aware of.

Well he's got nothing accept his ego as a medical condition! Seriously though I've always wanted to use Doom in an aberrant game. He's sort of one demension if played wrong. However an entire campain can be built around him.

I saw Kingdom Come mentioned on another thread so I'am going to put my two cents in here. Another series with the epic scale of Kingdom Come is Earth-X. This series is so packed with ideas that it can be huge. However the early issues are some of the best for idea stealing(er borrowing) for Aberrant. The idea being that everyone on Earth gains superpowers. Things don't go so well.. ::sly

I've also been very tempted to create my own super-hero setting. I was toying with the idea of having an alternate Marvel world of my own. This way I can do whatever I want and not have to worry about continuity, and the players can play as actual X-Men.

But on the other hand it would be fun to just make my own super-hero setting. Aberrant is a great setting and all, but sometimes you just want to go completely super hero and Aberrant puts a lot of focus on secrets and conspiracies.

Abberant can function perfectly well without both of those (just assume all the plotters are off working against each other and leave the PCs along).

The big thing about Abby is

1) It makes super heroes the social equivalent of rock stars.

2) Money for supers is so easy there is little point to a life of crime.

Realistically, it's pretty hard to build a 30 point abby who *couldn't* pull in a 7 digit income. It can be done, but assuming we ignore taint, it's hard enough that it probably doesn't really happen.

Abberant can function perfectly well without both of those (just assume all the plotters are off working against each other and leave the PCs along).

The big thing about Abby is

1) It makes super heroes the social equivalent of rock stars.

2) Money for supers is so easy there is little point to a life of crime.

Realistically, it's pretty hard to build a 30 point abby who *couldn't* pull in a 7 digit income.  It can be done, but assuming we ignore taint, it's hard enough that it probably doesn't really happen.

Ok so I'am watching Batman Begins. The only complaint I have besides his annoying girl friend is the fact that this Batman didn't make his own tools. He borrows them from Wayne Enterprises! I love Batman but there are way too many versions of the Bat running around. My thinking about this entire movie was the way in which Bruce Wayne was driven & I couldn't get it out of my head that the attitude seems to run through Aberrant alot. ::confused

Anyhow how do we decide whats cannon in our game as gms? Which version of XYZ Marvel or DC character do we use? Another point do we check with our players before making a cannon decision about using a marvel or Dc characters in the campains?Do we tell them up front about changes or that there will be this stuff in the game? ::confused What are your opinions?

Should I bother posting after not getting enough sleep. Words & letters become a hard concept to grasp. ::brick I end up editting the post 3 hours later.

Archived