City of Villains

ProfPotts

I've spent all day downloading the Beta for City of Villains & was wondering if anyone out there's played it yet?

All I've seen so far is the Beta-testers forum - some of the stuff sounds pretty cool (like - Masterminds!). Of course, I understand that Beta testers aren't meant to talk about this stuff - just interested in seeing if any other Eonites are taking part really.

Just hope the darned thing runs once it's actually finished downloading...

I've spent all day downloading the Beta for City of Villains & was wondering if anyone out there's played it yet?

All I've seen so far is the Beta-testers forum - some of the stuff sounds pretty cool (like - Masterminds!). Of course, I understand that Beta testers aren't meant to talk about this stuff - just interested in seeing if any other Eonites are taking part really.

Just hope the darned thing runs once it's actually finished downloading...

I'm trying, but I cant get it to load, yet ::sad

Just got the download finished, the account seems good... but there's a 'database' error... I think it's to do with having to log on during the US test times - which are (if maths serves) weekdays from midnight here in Blighty...

So near... & yet, so far...

::brick

::devil

Actually the bit I'm really looking forward to is the character designer - looks like they've got a lot of nice 'villainous' costume pieces & stuff... Hmmm... I wonder if City of Heroes / Villain's screenshots could be cropped down & used as character pictures in an Aberrant E-book?

I've actually quit CoH and such until CoV is released...Wish will only play if she gets to be a villian.

Well the costumes are cooler (naturally) - especially if you're a little kinky... ::unsure ::blush

I just dont have the spare cash to pay 20 or 25 bucks a month to play.

Beta-testing's free! Yippee! ::biggrin

And I dont think my computer will run it.

Yeah - I updated my graphics drivers yesterday - have to wait until today's session to see if the darned things work properly with CoV now. Seems to have made CoH run smoother though, so can't be all bad.

Hello all you soon to be villains, as most of you have heard, there was a big announcement about City of Villains last night! You should be receiving a newsletter via email with more details shortly. In the mean time, let me clarify a few points.

Pricing

The big news was that active City of Heroes subscribers will pay no additional monthly fee to play City of Villains! You will have full access to all content from both games for only $14.99 per month. Of course, City of Villains is also available as a stand-alone game. Players who do not own City of Heroes and players who choose not to upgrade their existing City of Heroes account will pay the full monthly fee of $14.99.

If you already have City of Heroes or want to reactivate your City of Heroes account, you will still get the first month of included time when you purchase City of Villains. As long as you use the UPGRADE button to apply the City of Villains serial code, the included time from your City of Villains purchase will be applied to your existing City of Heroes account.

Character Slots

City of Heroes and City of Villains will share the same universe and, therefore, they must coexist on the same servers. Many of the existing (and yet-to-be-released) features and zones within City of Heroes and City of Villains require that heroes and villains be able to interact fully. This means that players will manage their heroes and villains from the same menu interface.

People with only City of Heroes or City of Villains will have the normal eight character slots per server, those with both games will use a new interface with twelve character slots. Those twelve slots will accommodate both heroes and villains (so if players choose to, they can fill all twelve with heroes or with villains).

So, Archer....

you'll be able to play both for the same price as one!!!

:jumping40: :jumping40: :jumping40:

(do you have your pre-order yet?) ::wink

• 2 weeks later...

Archived