Trinity RPG - E-Book Idea

Blue Thunder

I had an idea for a Trinity e-book. Yep, another e-book. I want to know what everyone else thinks about the idea.

It would be an e-book based entirely on psionics. A kind of "Psionics Handbook" if you will (and thats the current working title for now). I typed up a lot of ideas into a textfile but after looking at it realized some of the stuff I wanted to include looked somewhat similar to some if the things going into the Storyteller's Handbook at CtC. That's making me a little nervous...I wouldn't want to counter something they put in thier book or have something that contradicts them, even if they're making thier book at a different site.

Would anyone be interested in seeing what I have so far? Its a list of ideas and chapters. I'll e-mail it to anyone that wants to read it before I post it here. I'll gauge reaction from there o_o

I'm hesitant to try starting anything because everyone here seems either busy with thier own e-book or busy with thier off-line life. I don't want to start it and end up having it go no where. I don't want to start it unless I'm confident it'll go somewhere, you know what I mean? I don't want it to end up in the graveyard.

And if no one is even interested in the book theres really not much reason to do it, is there? I wouldn't want to do this if no one thought it would be useful.

So...basically if you guys think it sounds like a good idea then I'll start it. You all have more experience with this than I do and could probably tell me if its a smart choice or not ^^;

Do you mean anything like Trinity Feild Report: Noetics?

I don't remember too much about TFR: Noetics off the top of my head but I believe it was all setting information (like all TFRs) right? This book would be primarily in-game information, and would be set-up much like an order book. In fact it pretty much *is* an order book but isn't about a single order, rather multiple psionic factions outside of the orders, as well as anti-psion forces, Aberrant cults, and other psion related factions. It would also have a hefty amount of actual psi content from new merits and flaws to new psi techniques to new stuff on teleporters/quantikinetics to variant psi rules. Plus a large chapter on taint and it's effects in Trinity, and a chapter dedicated entirely to biotechnology. Plus anything else anyone wants to contribute that deals with psi. I'm open to new ideas.

The book would basically cover anything about psionic powers, psions, psionic factions, biotechnology, and taint not yet covered. WW won't be publishing any new books anytime soon (or ever) so I can't see any harm in filling in the spaces for them.

Obligatory: If it just copies that e-book, or if you're worried about contradicting the book, why not see if you can help on the book?

I thought about that, but it seemed like it had an already established staff of people and it didn't seem to be in need. Plus I'm new to the community and don't know my way around o_O

And I just looked back over the outline posted at CtC for the STH. I don't think any of the stuff I wanted to discuss would be in the STH. I guess that solves that!

I have read it before, I just couldn't recall if it was all setting information or whether it had actual gameplay information. I put it on a disc with a crapload of other downloaded rpg stuff but I didn't feel like finding the disc ^^;

The Aberrant cults part would be fun to write. From the Independant Factions chapter I had this on Aberrant cults so far for ideas:

What major Aberrant cults exist, where are they based, how many members do they have, and are they simply worhsipping Aberrants or do they actually serve Aberrant masters? Also have information on what tactics they use to serve thier masters...violence, propaganda, sabotage, etc.

Blue - you have some really good ideas. So, I'm going to give you some advice... mmmkay.... No reason to take it if you don't want to.

Here goes:

I suspect you have too many ideas for one book - especially an e-book. Noetics took two months to write because I drove it like a complete bastard... e-books generally take ages - YEARS. Noetics was short. Short enough to finish in ONE run at it. So break your ideas down into bites and release shorter books. That way something will get finished and you will be bouyed by the response.

I suggest a field report for Aberrant Cults maybe with 'private psi orders' 'Private PSIs' - I like that ::biggrin

Do a second book for systems and crunchy stuff.

And don't do anything that you are not prepared to complete yourself if it comes to that. And remember Editing takes longer than writing.

Other than that, more power to you! ::ultracool

I would have to say I'd rather do the book for systems and rules and stuff first since that's what I mostly had intended for this thing.

I'm still considering though...I may just type it all up and make it a textfile.

You could do that, but what makes an E-Book an E-Book is having all the art and the right format (a TFR or Order book or Module or whatever). Text files are nice, but they don't get quite the same response...

You could do that, but what makes an E-Book an E-Book is having all the art and the right format (a TFR or Order book or Module or whatever). Text files are nice, but they don't get quite the same response...

You know, I just found a 'make a pdf' thingy on a dtp program I've got, & was messing about with the idea of E-Books myself. Now, I'm sure I've seen some advice on the right WW-ish fonts & stuff to use to make 'authentic' looking stuff around here somewhere, just can't recall where...

... So, anyone got any suggestions? Font & size of standard text, page sizes (would just A4 work?), anything else an enterprising E-booker could do well to think about?

Also - how would one get such a thing on-line if it did get written? Just shout loudly in archer's direction? ::wink

As for your ideas, Blue - I like 'em too. I've seen quite a bit about teleporters & quantakinetics floating about, but new stuff can't be bad. What I'd like to see would be a nice, logical, balanced system for player-created biotech - for those 'maker' characters. Not sure if any of the published books have that stuff in (I've only got a smattering of Trinity books). An aberrant cults book would be pretty nice too.

Biotech creation rules would be a great addition. Especially since biotech cannot be altered after it is made. Throw in some Qin biotech techniques and you've got yourself a decent resource.

One of my ideas for the psi book would be a full set of alternate "tertiary" techniques that had cropped up since 2120 (or were secret beforehand, or just not widespread, or learned from aliens, or whatever else). This would greatly expand a psion's options. For teleportation we could just present a set of "secondary" alternate techniques (like the normal order books do), maybe like the ones presented on this site. The same for quantikinesis, using the techniques in India Underground as a base to create new techniques.

I was really into the idea of making more psionic techniques. Last night I decided to try a crack at electrokinetic techniques and managed to list a lot of possible "tertiary" techniques for electromanipulation and technokinesis. I jotted down more than 5 for each but I'm sure many of them were flawed. My favorite so far is the one that lets the psion enter the OpNet as thier own psionically created agent. I had trouble with photokinesis for some reason. All the text dealing with wavelengths and visible light and such made my brain curl into the fetal position and suck it's thumb. Then I started on vitakinesis and had some cool ideas there too. I can't seem to think of any good tertiary basic techniques just yet.

I saw the "freeform teamwork techniques" on this site (by Thingmaker) and they looked cool. I was thinking of something like that too, where two (or more?) psions combine techniques to create something else. I haven't gotten the Player's Handbook yet...is this presented in the book?

So at least one other person sounds interested. Squee! (insert squid emoticon here)

Tomorrow if I have time I'll type stuff in greater detail and present it to see what everyone thinks.

Re: Fonts

I'm probably misremembering, but the big fonts are gigarobo66 and ACaslon...

Cheers! ::biggrin

Don't know if I'll use 'em or just stick to Arial though - since the pdf maker thingy told me that using common fonts reduces file size... Yeah, I'm still a learner here... ::unsure

... My favorite so far is the one that lets the psion enter the OpNet as thier own psionically created agent. I had trouble with photokinesis for some reason...

This sounds pretty interesting - since the OpNet functions off light (the 'Op' is for 'optical') you could work a whole set of OpNet-based alternate powers for Photokinesis - some sort of Cyberpunk-style virtual-reality based thing maybe?

I saw the "freeform teamwork techniques" on this site (by Thingmaker) and they looked cool. I was thinking of something like that too, where two (or more?) psions combine techniques to create something else. I haven't gotten the Player's Handbook yet...is this presented in the book?

The TPG does cover multiple Psions adding to a single power effect, but all it basically says is 'yes - you can use the teamwork rules' - i.e. you all roll & combine successes for the result. There's no reason you can't do this in the standard Trinity psi rules either to be honest (& it does help to explain how Psion squads can actually have a chance against real aberrants). What would be interesting to see would be powers or effects which can only be used by teamwork - i.e. not just one power used by multiple Psions, but a new effect created by the combination of multiple Psions using different powers. E.g. a 'deflector screen' combining PK & Electrokinesis shield powers, or a 'Psionic Construct' generated by combining PK, Electrokinesis & Telepathy (to give it a guiding mind). The possibilities are endless - & anything which promotes teamwork has to be good for a game like Trinity.

Last night I tried telepathy powers and they were very easy to invent. The alternate powers listed in Asia Ascendant are pretty cool powers but they don't seem like they would see much use. Ever. They're the kind of powers a telepath from China would want because many deal with making citizens happy and weeding out dissenters and making everyone agree on something and such. But I managed to come up with a decent array of more techniques that actually would have use in the field. The alternate telepathy powers from AsAs wouldn't mean crap against a Chromatic or Abberant...they need more battle applications.

This sounds pretty interesting - since the OpNet functions off light (the 'Op' is for 'optical') you could work a whole set of OpNet-based alternate powers for Photokinesis - some sort of Cyberpunk-style virtual-reality based thing maybe?

Actually I was thinking of it being a Technokinesis power (with some spiffy name like Ghost In The Shell). I had an idea for a PhotoK power dealing with the OpNet but I considered that everything about Technokinesis depends on hardtech so I didn't want to limit the usefulness of it.

One of the things I wanted to focus on with electrokinesis was how the psions that use each mode interpret things. Technokinetics prefer order and organization and things that make logical sense. Photokinetics prefer unobscured objects and like it when light shines everywhere. I want to work on those concepts a little and create techniques based on that.

The TPG does cover multiple Psions adding to a single power effect, but all it basically says is 'yes - you can use the teamwork rules' - i.e. you all roll & combine successes for the result. There's no reason you can't do this in the standard Trinity psi rules either to be honest (& it does help to explain how Psion squads can actually have a chance against real aberrants).

So psions combine energy on one power to boost it's parameters? Cause if they do that rocks; I've been wanting to have rules for that. Two TKs combining powers on telekinesis to lift a heavy object or two docs combining powers to boost the energy of thier Antitoxin power.

What would be interesting to see would be powers or effects which can only be used by teamwork - i.e. not just one power used by multiple Psions, but a new effect created by the combination of multiple Psions using different powers. E.g. a 'deflector screen' combining PK & Electrokinesis shield powers, or a 'Psionic Construct' generated by combining PK, Electrokinesis & Telepathy (to give it a guiding mind). The possibilities are endless - & anything which promotes teamwork has to be good for a game like Trinity

This is exactly what I had in mind hehe. I list of techniques that are only capable between two psions of different aptitudes. I'm thinking that most of these abilities would only be between like pairs...bio/vita, psycho/electro, tele/clair. But outside combinations would make sense too. It would also be a decent excuse to imitate nova powers on a lower scale. And maybe not just new powers that can be created, but how certain aptitudes or modes can enhance certain aspects of another power. Or something.

I've had an idea floating round my cerebrum for a while; Noetic Hardtech.

We all know that Biotech has the bailiwick where Psi is concerned, but I recall that the Nihojin have Psi detectors to keep track of unwanted psions. If these little hardtech devices can detect Psionic disturbance (canon) as well as the Crystals used by ISRA (canon) then it is only a short hop, skip and a jump to getting sophisticated hardtech devices that can actually manipulate psi. Obviously at first these devices would be limited to detection or general disruption of psi, but each generation would become better able to fine tune the control until specific aptitudes, modes and powers could be identified/disrupted (a Ministry hardtech Psi disrupter that causes all non-Telepathy modes to become more difficult to use, or a disrupter that specifically shuts down a single mode.... the possibilities are boundless, although always behind biotech in finesse and power they are still very useful especially since normals would be able to use such devices)

JC

Yeah... just be careful. The the flavour of Trinity is people and the Psi they wield - and not so much on the technology. Much like Starwars is about people and the Force - not about warp coils or deflecter arrays. Where the focus is on the technology it's about wierd biotech stuff that just underlines how much things have changed...

From a game science perspective, Psi appears to be about life energy. So, while a psi detector may pick up the field energy a psion generates, and possibly mess with it, it shouldn't really be able to generate its own psi. (and why would it bother?).

On the other hand... maybe the nihonjin psi detectors are actually biotech? heh. ::unsure

I've had an idea floating round my cerebrum for a while; Noetic Hardtech.

We all know that Biotech has the bailiwick where Psi is concerned, but I recall that the Nihojin have Psi detectors to keep track of unwanted psions. If these little hardtech devices can detect Psionic disturbance (canon) as well as the Crystals used by ISRA (canon) then it is only a short hop, skip and a jump to getting sophisticated hardtech devices that can actually manipulate psi. Obviously at first these devices would be limited to detection or general disruption of psi, but each generation would become better able to fine tune the control until specific aptitudes, modes and powers could be identified/disrupted (a Ministry hardtech Psi disrupter that causes all non-Telepathy modes to become more difficult to use, or a disrupter that specifically shuts down a single mode.... the possibilities are boundless, although always behind biotech in finesse and power they are still very useful especially since normals would be able to use such devices)

JC

Yeah... just be careful. The the flavour of Trinity is people and the Psi they wield - and not so much on the technology.

I see your point, but the focus is on Psi particles and how they do the groovy things they do, regardless of whether the method is psionics (by far the most common) or by other, more esoteric, means.

I'm not suggesting taking up vast amounts of space, but just a basic mention and a few ideas. After all the use of hardtech devices to detect Psi is canon. It's simply about stretching out the concept a little bit more.

Any hoo, perhaps a portion on the Doyen. Nothing embodies the raw power of Psi than they do. Perhaps a deeper look at the game mechanics of Doyen NPCs and a look at the different factions within the Doyen (much like the treatment the Qin Houses and politics in Alien Encounter: Deception).

JC

Okay these are just some ideas on a few telepathy powers. I purposefully haven't given them psi costs or ranges or durations yet because I'm not sure what level (1-5) they would be within each mode. They need proofreading and fine-working I'm sure. And probably better names.

3 Empathy Techniques

Emotional Mapping - This power is a telepathic counterpart to the Iatrosis technique "Genetic Profile." This power allows the psion to make a kind of mental map of a target's emotions, behavior, and drive. It is as if the telepath knows the target's inner self just as well as the target does. The psion can then use this advanced knowledge of the target's psyche. This power reveals the subject's Nature and gives the psion an extra die on all Empathy power rolls used against the target. It also gives a one die bonus on all Social rolls and two dice on rapport rolls against the target if the telepath makes use of this power when doing so. Only one target’s emotional map can be inside a telepath's mind at once and wears off after a period of time. On a botch the telepath accidentally floods his mind with the personality of the target. This changes his Nature to match the target’s Nature for a period of time.

Repulsion - The telepath inserts an emotional repulsion to something in the target's mind. The target will actively avoid the subject of the repulsion and if forced to be within the presence of it he will try anything to get away or avoid it. While within the presence of the subject of the repulsion, the target will be at a one die penalty to all Social and Mental rolls. The subject of the repulsion can be specific (the target’s neighbor, the New York arcology, ice cream, electrokinetic powers, Wazukana computers, handshakes, the laughter of children, etc.) but it cannot be too general. Repulsion to water, eating food, breathing air, seeing humans, or something else the character spends everyday around cannot be given as a repulsion. And subjects very close to the target should incur penalties at the Storyteller’s discretion (a fear of Qin for a diplomat serving the Qin, a fear of fire for a pyrokinetic, a fear of a loved one). The Storyteller determines just how hard it is to insert a specific repulsion into a certain individual’s mind is.

Subversion - Not to be confused with a Psychbending technique, this power reduces a target's emotions, inner drive, and self-esteem to the point where the target becomes an emotional “slave” devoted to the telepath. The target will obey the telepath to the best of his ability without the telepath needing to use telepathy with every new command. The technique isn't without flaws...the target of the subversion operates with a one die penalty to all ability scores not relating directly to the task at hand (if there even is one) and there are stories of “slaves” killing themselves when they fail at a task given to them by a telepath using this power. There are even stories of rogue telepaths using this technique to achieve more vile ends; rumors include murder, torture, and rape. At later levels this power can affect multiple individuals. Note that while this power turns an individual into an emotional “slave” of the telepath, the telepath isn’t in direct control of the target’s actions; he must still give verbal commands and runs the risk of the target misunderstanding a command. The “slave” will do anything necessary if it feels it will please the “master” by doing so.

2 Mindshare Techniques

Amplification - All telepaths can "hear" the voices of nearby minds when using Mindshare techniques. This power amplifies that noise to the point where using Mindshare powers is difficult due to the presence of nearby minds; the telepath using this power amplifies the telepathic “thought-waves” of an area to the point where the telepathic noise of nearby people is overwhelming. The difficulty increase depends on the amount of minds within the area. A single person would impose a +1 difficulty while a large crowd would impose a +3 difficulty. The telepath using this power is also affected (but it does not affect activating this power). Amplification is centered on a location so moving out of range negates the effects, although using Mindshare techniques on a target within the Amplification’s range still incurs penalties. A telepath activating Silent Mind (see below) is not affected by this penalty.

Silent Mind – This technique allows a telepath to channel out thought-waves from his mind. This is more than merely disabling the telepath’s own Mindshare abilities…the telepath actively “turns away” any Mindshare techniques used against him. While this power is active the telepath cannot use any Mindshare techniques, all other actions are at +1 difficulty due to concentration, and any Empathy or Psychbending techniques are at an additional +1 difficulty (for a +2 total) to use. But this power also makes the telepath immune to any Mindshare techniques used against him (like Pilfer, Brainjack, and Amplification) and gives a bonus of +1 to resist Empathy and Psychbending techniques used against him. This technique is commonly taught to field operatives that run the risk of being captured by enemy telepaths.

These are just five. I have a few more but what do you guys think of these? I still need to type up the Psychbending technique called "Mental Overload", a power that causes bashing damage similar to Mental Blast from Aberrant. I'm sure any telepath would value a damaging telepathy power. Plus some Electrokinesis and Vitakinesis powers I thought up. If you guys have any new power ideas feel free to present them. I don't have Terra Verde or Aurora Australis yet (I will when I set up a PayPal account and get them in e-book form) so I can't do much for biokinesis and psychokinesis just yet.

So I guess I'll update this topic with more things as I type them into my comp. When (or if) we have something substantial we could attempt making something of it. How does that sound?

Okay, another update. I have more telepathy powers than this but I'm still working on them, and some of them don't even seem worth presenting at the moment. I'm going to move on to Electrokinesis for now.

1 Empathy Technique

Change Nature - The telepath temporarily changes the Nature of the target. The target's personality will subtly change over a period of time until his original Nature no longer affects him. The new Nature will determine how the target gains Willpower points and also how he will act. The original Nature of the target will eventually gain dominance after the duration of this effect ends. At higher levels this can be used on multiple targets, but they must all be turned to the same Nature. This is useful to telepaths that excel at dealing with certain types of individuals, or in situations where having a group full of Followers or Thrillseekers is best.

2 Mindshare Techniques

Deception – This technique one of the darker uses of Mindshare. The ability to project thoughts and information into and from minds led to the discovery that this telepathic information could be tampered with by a trained telepath. This technique was developed through that realization. When active this power makes the words and actions of the telepath seem as believable and plausible as they can be. In other words the telepath becomes a much more efficient liar and con artist. The telepath can affect the minds of an number of targets equal to his Psi rating for an entire scene. The telepath receives a bonus on subterfuge rolls equal to his Mindshare rating while this power is active. At the Storyteller’s discretion this bonus may also apply to disguise rolls in certain situations. Any target that succeeds on a Willpower check against the telepath is not affected, and any telepath that succeeds on this check is immediately aware of the power. At higher levels the amount of targets affected increases.

Gather Information – A telepath using this ability casually scans the minds of surrounding people for information on a specific subject. The information scanned for cannot be personal information or information only a single person in the group would know. It is used for receiving information the majority of the group knows, whether it be information on where something is, when something will happen, etc. Scanning a busy city street to find out directions to a specific building, scanning the minds of security workers to discover the schedule of tomorrow’s security rounds, or scanning a group of witnesses to view what a criminal looks like are all possible applications of this power. This power can also be used when blinded or deprived of vision; if within a crowd of people a telepath using this power can scan the minds of those surrounding him to find out where and when to walk safely. This power does not read emotions, those are covered by Empathy.

3 Psychbending Techniques

Disorient – With this power the telepath shuts down certain parts of the target’s brain that deal with action and reaction. The target’s movements and actions are performed at a slower rate due to the disorientation caused through this technique. The target performs all actions at a +1 difficulty while under this effect, and Initiative rolls are reduced by the amount of successes the telepath achieved on the roll (to a maximum of the telepath’s rating in Psychbending). At higher levels this technique can be used on multiple targets and the duration increases.

Mental Overload – This technique is kept secret from the public and even the majority of telepath’s because the Ministry doesn’t want the other Orders or the media to know that some of their telepaths can cause brain trauma through their powers. Mental Overload is only taught to the most stable and trusted of telepaths and its use is usually forbidden without prior consent from the Ministry. This technique assaults a target’s mind with telepathic energy that tears away at the mind’s stable structure. In essence it causes mental trauma so severe it requires healing and recuperation. This power deals lethal damage equal to the telepath’s Psi rating that ignores armor or soak. This damage is triggered mentally so it can be protected against using Mindshield, but instead of completely negating the damage by a successful Psi roll, the defending telepath using Mindshield instead rolls his Psi score and uses the successes as soak against the damage.

Shadow Walker – This power is a specialized version of Mindwarp that was developed to assist telepaths in infiltration and stealth missions. This technique reaches out into the mind of a target and makes the affected person forget they’re seeing the telepath…even if staring directly at him. The target’s mind is forcibly prevented from receiving sensory information about the telepath. Telepaths trained with this technique can walk right past guards and sentries without worry. The target resists with a Willpower roll and can make a new Willpower roll to shrug off the effect every time the telepath performs some kind of distracting action (like run, fire a gun, or speak). If the telepath does anything to directly interact with the target, like attack him or speak to him, the effect ends. At higher levels this technique can affect multiple targets and multiple allies. Note that the telepath is still detectable to electronic devices.

All suggestions are welcome ^^

So hi, new guy here, been reading a lto fo the fourm... anyway.. an idea for you.

How about, instead of Alternate powers, this book have Advanced poewrs, 6, 7, 8,9, 10 dot powers.... you have to have a certain psi raiting, and certain other things, and then you can start accessing more powerful powers - many of which would REALLY blur the boundries between the aptitdudes. Biokentics and vita crossing, pyro and electro, clair and telepathy.... ect ect.

Not quite certain on what would make good prereqs for getting advanced powers, but... its an idea.

A sixth dot crossed my mind but then I thought that would be too powerful, especially considering what many of the fifth dot powers are like. Psions can have a suite of powers under thier command that can help them in almost any situation but they aren't novas or Aberrants. I think higher dots would end up being just too powerful. I don't even think the proxies would attain that level of power. Maybe a Doyen could, in telepathy or something, but I doubt they would get that powerful.

Thanks for the input!

More suggestions (from anyone) are always welcome of course.

Okay I just took another look at the e-book sample of the Trinity D20 book at White Wolf's site. Apparently there were new powers added to the line-up that I don't remember from the core rulebook or the Order books.

If I were to make D10 Storyteller versions of these new powers and include them in this e-book, would I get in trouble? These powers never appeared in any previous Storyteller system books so I think it would be great to add them in here but I also don't want to feel the wrath of White Wolf.

Technicly under the d20 listencing rules, you can take anythign from there and do whatever you want with it. Open gaming lisence, if i remember right... white wolf howeve rhas done some ... interesting... things in the past with rule stuff.

in the end? In my mind its just the same as making house rules. Your just sharing those house rules with your friends - which is perfectly allright..... but im not in charge of the WW legal department :P

Oh and i personaly think the proxies already have level 10 of every one of their aptudes. No one comes close to Hezrogs clairavoaynce, bue li is a monster when it comes to her powers, del fugeo could blend in with anything anywhere at anytime.... ect ect.... When my players have encountered the Proxies (which they have at times) if it seems like it fits in their aptitudes, they can do it. So *shrugs* just they way i look at it. I think maybe just a 6th dot - one that requires a tone of stuff... 5 dots in every catagory, 10 will, 10 psi, ect ect... and its just one 6th dot per apptitude, not per mode?

some thoughts to make it balanced. You play a charchter long enough and alternate powers arnt what your looking for, something new and exciting and more powerful.

Okay I've been a little busy lately but I did manage to come up with more stuff. I originally thought it would be hard to come up with a new alternate power for every dot of every mode but I'm actually making more than I can use for each aptitude. Except with clairsentience. I'm having a problem coming up with new clear powers o_O I haven't even begun on bio and PK, but I do plan on using some of the PK powers from Battlegrounds Player's Guide. I'm going to convert them over into the normal Trinity system the same way I'm converting the new powers from Trinity D20 over.

sounds cool.

I have some bk ideas, but my Core book is still on its way to me, so i cant remember if im actually coming up with new ideas or if im rehashing old ones! *laughs*

Clair wise, w hen i get my books, ill be glad to toss some ideas at you. Clairsence is one of my favorite power sets, for some reason

Clairsentience is my favorite. I also saw a poll once where people voted on thier favorite aptitude and clairsentience was at the top. I guess people like them ^^

The few powers I have so far seem good, at least to me. There's a power that assists with using firearms and another power that boost piloting skills. I'm basically trying to come up with at least a few clear powers for each mode that have a direct effect on rolls or combat, while still having a fair share of "information gathering" abilities. It's said in the books that clears can see the future to a degree so I'm adding in some powers to the first mode (Psychonavigation?) that deal more with that.

I've been having an easy time with EK and telepathy but clear powers are hard to invent for some reason o_O Maybe because they can be so abstract at times.

Okay I just downloaded Terra Verde and Aurora Australis. Good stuff ^_^ Stellar Frontier is coming in the mail. I'm still working on getting the Trinity Player's Guide. Then I'll have them all, bwahaha!

I may be a little slow with this thing for the next week or so due to off-net issues. You know, what with a job taking up time and everything. But I'm still working on it!

I know this is off topic, but why doesn't DriveThruRPG have the Teragen sourcebook up for downloading? That's the Aberrant book everyone wants/needs.

• 2 months later...

Four posts in a row! Go me! *has a cookie* I'm just here to remind everyone I haven't given up yet or anything.

Progress has been slow but I'm getting there. Now that I have all of the books (in one form or another) the job is easier. I've found that the hardest part now is determining which Mode many powers go under. I originally thought Telepathy would be easy with it's divisions (emotion powers, information/communication powers, and domination powers) but it is actually proving one of the more difficult since some powers I created seem to be equal parts of two Modes, or worse yet, don't seem to actually fit snugly into one of the three Modes. I guess I can force a power into a Mode...after all, Shagg's Folly should have been a Mindshare power but its the level 5 Psychbending power for some reason.

As soon as I have the eight Modes ready I'll put them up here and see what everyone thinks. I'm currently on a second draft for three (Electrokinesis, Telepathy, Psychokinesis), first draft for two (Clairsentience, Vitakinesis), and no draft at all for another three (Teleportation, Biokinesis, Quantikinesis).

If you need some clairsentience powers for your book, just ask ::wink

I had made some, I think, quite interesting ones for one of my chars based on the TPG and house rules. I have published some of them in of the threads here, but don´t remember where ::brick . If you are interested, I can take a look in my old folders on my PC, they should be still there, too. ::ultracool

Just PM me

PM sent ^_^

I'm using a lot of power ideas taken from the free-form rules in the Player's Guide. That book was especially good with Photokinesis power ideas.

One major hurdle is Teleportation and Quantakinesis.

For QK, I was wondering if the people that made India Underground had any powers leftover that they couldn't fit into the book that they wouldn't mind me using. But I don't know where or who to ask.

For porting, it will be even harder. There are fan-made secondary techniques for the aptitude here on Eon's site (or N!Prime...damn my memory!) but coming up with tertiary techniques would be a major hurdle.

A second set of alternate techniques. Tertiary basically means "third" in different phrasing. Basically the idea came about because I wasn't happy with the Telepathy powers in AsAs and a player wanted to play a telepath and I wanted more options. There were all kinds of other powers I wanted in the game that I didn't see so this all started. A third set of techniques for every mode offers players a lot more options and customization.

I'm going to work a bit more on them tonight because I have spare time. I actually need to re-type some of them to make them shorter and simpler. I guess I get long-winded at times. I'll post the first aptitude when its done (probably EK) and see if you guys like it.

It could be quite a ways off though. Not only do I need spare time to do this, but the PS2 beckons me at night. I just got Resident Evil 4 and X-Men Legends 2, and when I get bored I usually play my copy of Suikoden 2 for the PS1. It brings back memories o_o Anyway, it'll get done when it gets done I guess. The closer I get to the start of the campaign the more inclined I feel to do it, which is probably good.

Archived