Talk Like A Pirate Day is A-comin!

Arcanum_V

Arhh!

Why just the other day, I was tellin' one o' me fellow salts at work about this most wonderful of all days - 'tis sad that like Christmas, it only comes but once a year!

In honor of this day, methink's I'll me puttin' Pirates of the Caribbean into me DVD player, and heftin' a mug o' grog in toast to good Cap'n Jack. ::beer30

Archer, ya scurvy son of a Barbados whore! Didn't we used to have a pirate smiley of some sort on this sad excuse for a seaworthy vessel? ? Well, where by the fires of hell and damnation is it, you mangy yellow-blooded cur?

Run up the black flag and prepare for boardin'!

• 11 months later...

The sad thing is that I walked into my Biology class this morning, and said "Ahoy, mateys! Today be National Talk Like a Pirate Day!" and one of the women gave me this annoyed look and asked, "Are you making up holidays for no reason?"

She was looking at a web news page (Yahoo, I think) that had up it was National Talk Like a Pirate Day. ::glare

Y'know, in preparation for yesterday, I trawled around my local high street (Including WH Smiths, HMV, MVC and other big entertainment stores), and not a single one had Muppets Treasure Island, Cutthroat Island, or Captain Blood (or anything with Errol Flynn for that matter). I was severely disappointed, although I managed to get my grubby hands on the last copy of Hook in town. Mwahahah! At first I thought it was because they had sold out because of TLaPD, but they didn't even have place markers set out for them.

The gits!

And then I tried to go out, but I had to stay in all day and wait for the builders to come round and finish my bleedin' shower. (My landlord hasn't a clue about using trustworthy builders). They started last tuesday, and today they put the new bathroom door up. All it needed was a tiny bit of re-tiling and a new door.

So I stormed around limping yelling YARRGH! Every so often to make me feel better.

Anywho, ramble aside, my point is that Talk Like a Pirate Day is not well enough recognised in britain (although it did get on the radio).

Next year I intend to go whole hog. I'm already preparing.

Cheers,

SnakeEyes

Oh, and how 'bout Talk Like A Cowboy Ninja Pirate Day? Fortell impending doom, drink rum and rustle cows all in one day! It's perfect! Especially the rum! ::idea

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived