Aberrant RPG - Public Approval

ProfPotts

I suspect that Accountability 1 shouldn't be the default for every Teragen or mercenary ever. You only get that level if you are known/believed to actually *have* gotten away with, or tried to get away with, murder.

The distinction gets blurry. Teragen, noticeably their public face Orzaiz, have repeatedly gone on the air saying they justify and stand behind the murderous actions of their activist brethren, and are ready to do the same if need be. And I expect a lot of Elites to be rather defiant about their most questionable killings. Also, it doesn't need to go all the way to murder (or rape) to qualify for Accountability 1. Getting, or trying to get, away with theft suffices.

Orzaiz and Narcosis don't publically get away with murder.

Geryon, even without the taint issues, is never going to be an acceptable person for my kids to play with, or a neighbor. If he moves next door I'll move away.

He kills people, he gets away with it, it's not clear to me what it takes to get him to kill. Worse, he might do it because he enjoys it. If the world is invaded by aliens and he's the key man for stopping them... nothing really changes.

If he can kill me and mine and he has a history of doing that and I have *no* recourse, even in theory, AND on top of that I simply don't approve of him, then I'm going to steer clear of him and I'll make sure my family does too.

Archived